Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

CLiNT

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-10, 02:48 AM
Mod Emeritus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLiNT

http://clintmag.com/

There's a new comics-based glossy monthly magazine in the UK, but which can be subscribed to from the US and elsewhere.

Mark Millar is the creative force behind it and, as well as comics news, there are several ongoing strips one of which will be Milar's Kick Ass 2.

I have seen it referred to as the British "Wizard". Not having seen/read Wizard, I don't know if that is good or bad!

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/05/...lint-magazine/

(One comment I saw online was that it was pitched at the teens & twenties market).
Old 10-17-10, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts
Re: CLiNT

A lot of people complain about Wizard. I subscribed for a while and liked about 20% of the magazine, but I let it lapse because I don't keep up with the floppies and it's too hard to try to track down issues later when I read the TPB. The teen-twenties thing doesn't sound promising, but I admit I'm neither of those.
Old 10-17-10, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Can't wait to see how long it'll take before this mag runs behind. Millar-driven vehicles usually end up with huge delays. Even the second feature (Turf) is running behind.
Old 10-18-10, 04:24 AM
Mod Emeritus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to look at the first couple of issues - which I expect to arrive through the letterbox at any moment. If the title isn't sufficiently entertaining I'll probably ring the subscription folk to have the next 11 sent to my nephew who is a teenaged some-time comics fan. My loss would be his gain. And I'm sure my sister would be delighted with more magazines cluttering up the house extra reading material.

My record with new start up publications/subscriptions isn't great. A decade or so ago about four in a row ceased publishing before I had my year's worth! In this case, the publisher is Titan, a big UK distributor. I'm guessing that they are familiar with Millar and have sufficient back-up people to ensure that the magazine is full each month.