Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Is there any news on American Pie coming to Blu Ray?

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-10, 07:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there any news about the American Pie series getting a Blu Ray release anytime soon?
Old 10-12-10, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Is there any news on American Pie coming to Blu Ray?

Well, American Pie 4 is currently being written for a release next year or the year after, so I would expect them to come out to support that.
Old 10-12-10, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by droidguy1119
Well, American Pie 4 is currently being written for a release next year or the year after, so I would expect them to come out to support that.
So after a bunch of bogus sequels they're writing a real sequel? Do we really need this now?
Old 10-12-10, 09:00 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

American Pie is available in Germany. It's region free.
American Pie 7 is available here in the USA.
Old 10-12-10, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
So after a bunch of bogus sequels they're writing a real sequel? Do we really need this now?
Yes, they're writing a real sequel. *shrug* They hired the writers of Harold & Kumar, so I have some hope.
Old 10-12-10, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm looking forward to an official sequel with the original cast. This is one of the few series of movies where all the installments are great (minus those crappy DTV ones)
Old 10-12-10, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by The Monkees
I'm looking forward to an official sequel with the original cast. This is one of the few series of movies where all the installments are great (minus those crappy DTV ones)
I don't believe (only hope) that's what this will be. I've "heard" it takes place after the wedding, so I've assumed it's going to be Jim and Michelle-centric and they'll probably try to get some of the others as was the case for American Wedding. Only Alyson seems to be attached, but there's no way she'd be in the movie unless Biggs was returning...unless it's going to be American Funeral.

I don't know why they can't write a story that brings everyone back for at least some screen time. It's not like anyone from the cast is a star now. I can't stand Tara Reid, but for this one role they might as well bring her back.

Hopefully, they'll give us all 4 on blu. As sloppy as the sequels became, they were all fun movies with the original being the best and 2 being a small step down and the last being another small step down in quality.

I'm pretty sure that I saw this in theaters the same week as Blair Witch.
Old 10-13-10, 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
I don't believe (only hope) that's what this will be. I've "heard" it takes place after the wedding, so I've assumed it's going to be Jim and Michelle-centric and they'll probably try to get some of the others as was the case for American Wedding. Only Alyson seems to be attached, but there's no way she'd be in the movie unless Biggs was returning...unless it's going to be American Funeral.

I don't know why they can't write a story that brings everyone back for at least some screen time. It's not like anyone from the cast is a star now. I can't stand Tara Reid, but for this one role they might as well bring her back.

Hopefully, they'll give us all 4 on blu. As sloppy as the sequels became, they were all fun movies with the original being the best and 2 being a small step down and the last being another small step down in quality.

I heard that the original cast were going to be brought back by doing a High school reunion.
Old 10-13-10, 03:51 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts

"American Funeral" would be great- they could at least formally kill off the characters who weren't in the last one. (Maybe do it like The Big Chill?)
Old 10-13-10, 09:24 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by dillkid
I heard that the original cast were going to be brought back by doing a High school reunion.
Well they would have to fudge the numbers a bit to make it a Ten/Fifteen/Twenty year one. Eh, I'm game.
Old 10-13-10, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Jason Biggs stated in interviews that he has no qualms about making a career out of movies like this. I think you have it backwards: it will likely be harder to lure Hannigan back (who has steady work on a TV show -- so that's both steady work, and a scheduling issue) than it will be to get Biggs in it.

Seann William Scott also expressed interest.
Old 10-13-10, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Was this even released on HD-DVD? I recall it was a title that was announced at launch (along with Conan the Barbarian, which we also never got), but I don't think it ever came out unless it was towards the end of HD-DVD's life-cycle.
Old 10-13-10, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts

Nope- I've got all of Universal's HD-DVDs (US titles at least), American Pie never came out. It was on D-VHS though (don't remember which version.)
Old 10-13-10, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both American Pie and American Pie 2 were on D-VHS in their R-rated theatrical cuts.

If the original trilogy makes it to Blu-ray, I'd love to see Universal split up the three and a half-hour "American Pie Revealed" documentary across the discs.
Old 10-13-10, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dillkid
Great, I really don't care about any of them, other than Alyson, but it would be fun to see all of them back one more time. I don't care how pathetic they are (Tara). The first one was the most fun, so I'd like to see every one of them return for this.

I don't think Hannigan is ever going to be difficult to get. First off, it appears she is the first person attached officially to this. She's not someone who's pompous and would think of this as a step down from her nice check for doing HIMYM and she's said she enjoys playing the character of Michelle. Finally, I would think that Alyson and Sean William Scott would get the bigger paychecks and this is a part Alyson could do in her sleep, so why not do it for a million or two?

The others would be idiots not to participate.
Old 10-13-10, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

First off, it appears she is the first person attached officially to this.
Do you have a link in regards to her being attached? The only person I've heard speak about it thus far was Scott, around the time Cop Out was being released. I've only heard Hannigan's name spoken of with the same concerns that I mentioned above, in several places.

FYI, it's 99% likely that nobody is attached, except of course Hurwitz and Schlossburg as writer/directors. Until Universal has a script they want to make, there's nothing to attach them to.
Old 10-13-10, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by droidguy1119
Do you have a link in regards to her being attached? The only person I've heard speak about it thus far was Scott, around the time Cop Out was being released. I've only heard Hannigan's name spoken of with the same concerns that I mentioned above, in several places.

FYI, it's 99% likely that nobody is attached, except of course Hurwitz and Schlossburg as writer/directors. Until Universal has a script they want to make, there's nothing to attach them to.
IMDB is usually reliable and often even put the word "rumored" when putting info on their site that isn't final. Hannigan is listed in the cast and she's the only one of the main characters to be listed at all. No, Jason Biggs (rumored) when clearly he has to be rumored, which would lead me to believe her people have verified she's attached as of now. Maybe she just said she'd be in it in a trade or something, but to only list her makes me think for now she's made someone think that she's verified that she'll be in the film.
Old 10-13-10, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

To me, Stifler made these movies great. If they do make another, they need to sign him up or no watchie for me.
Old 10-13-10, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by jiggawhat
To me, Stifler made these movies great. If they do make another, they need to sign him up or no watchie for me.
It wouldn't keep me from watching if he wasn't in it, but you have nothing to worry about. They know have important Stifler is to the franchise. Since AW, I imagine that Jim, Michelle, and Stifler are the core and now if this is about a reunion, they probably need Oz, the guy who went home to take a crap, and Mena Suvari to not have it lame. Although, I can't see how Tara Reid and the actor who played her boyfriend would have anything better to do.
Old 10-13-10, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

It wouldn't keep me from watching if he wasn't in it, but you have nothing to worry about. They know have important Stifler is to the franchise. Since AW, I imagine that Jim, Michelle, and Stifler are the core and now if this is about a reunion, they probably need Oz, the guy who went home to take a crap, and Mena Suvari to not have it lame. Although, I can't see how Tara Reid and the actor who played her boyfriend would have anything better to do.
And Eugene Levy.
Old 10-13-10, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

Hell, except for Sean William Scott and Alyson Hannigan, probably nobody has anything better to do, least of all the least important member, Natasha Lyonne. Chris Klein will still probably want more money or something though.
Old 10-13-10, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd rather see Tara Reid come back than Chris Klein. I CANNOT stand Chris Klein, he is such a horrible actor! I can't really stand Tara Reid either, but I'd rather see her than Klein.

That being said, I think the cast that was in the last one were the only important ones, though Kevin was so unnecessary, the important ones are Jim, Michelle, Stifler and Jim's Dad, Finch is also important as a foil to Stifler, other than that the rest are just support.

Also, I've read that the original cast is coming back as well. Does that include the MIA cast from the last one? Who knows?
Old 03-21-12, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

The first 3 AP films have been released on Blu recently. Didnt see any recent talk about it on here.
Old 03-22-12, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 424 Likes on 305 Posts

I have been looking for them in stores, but can't find them anywhere. I have checked Target and Best Buy.
Old 03-22-12, 07:40 PM

Isn't the release date 4/3?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.