Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Justified -- FX Series with Timothy Olyphant -- Coming soon to Blu-Ray

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-10, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Jus...Season-1/14513

Just announced yesterday that it's coming to both DVD and Blu-Ray

Artwork is on the link

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0038M2AQ4?...89&camp=211189

It's also listed on Amazon.com, but there is no date yet. I'm alot of you who followed the show in the Spring are very pleased with the news. Probably one of the best new dramas from last season.

If your not familiar with the show it's based on an Elmore Leonard short story and it was created by Graham Yost, the creator of Boomtown and writer of various TV shows and movies.

So that throws out GizmoDVD's theory that Sony is not working on anymore TV shows on BR.
Old 10-08-10, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Justified -- FX Series with Timothy Olyphant -- Coming soon to Blu-Ray

Terrible artwork design, but ive been looking forward to watching this (by the time I found out it was on hulu, it was too late to watch the first episodes)
Old 10-08-10, 10:05 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Umm yay. That makes it release #4 for TV on BD from Sony in 4 years. Now let's see if they give us Season Two. So far, Sony is two for two (Rescue Me, Damages) of one Season BD Wonders, and still no mention of a BD for Breaking Bad S3 even though Amazon has a pre-order up for the DVD. So it might be three for three. I doubt the show makes it past a second Season anyway as the ratings took a tumble. But since Sony is possibly going to lose Community this year, and Damages is likely done after DirecTV finishes out it's two Seasons (shame they couldn't rescue a better show), they may give this away for free (ala 'Til Death) in hopes for a syndication deal. Poor Sony.

But thanks for making a thread to mention me. Next year if Season Two does not hit BD we can all have a good laugh. Because the odds are with me.

And, as always, I hope I'm wrong as I love TV on BD. (And looks like Fox dumped White Collar on BD. Why bother?)
Old 10-08-10, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Great show. Damn shame Sony will inevitably release season 2 on DVD only, but I'm in for this on day 1 regardless.
Old 10-09-10, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

AWESOME news! This is an excellent series. I can't wait to get this on Blu-ray.
Old 10-09-10, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The artwork is pretty lame. They should have used the original promo shot of Raylan holding the gun. Really cool show, though.
Old 10-09-10, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Terrible artwork, but i've heard enough good things about this show to at the very least give it a rent before purchase.
Old 10-09-10, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been waiting for an announcement on this. Will definitely get this, all I've seen was the first ep when itunes had it for free.
Old 10-09-10, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 424 Likes on 305 Posts

If a majority of the show's fans buy the bluray, they will release season 2 on blu. I'll definitly buy this. I am still wondering how soon we will see season two, or will it not be until next spring.
Old 10-09-10, 05:46 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
If a majority of the show's fans buy the bluray, they will release season 2 on blu. I'll definitly buy this. I am still wondering how soon we will see season two, or will it not be until next spring.
Cable TV Shows don't typically sell very well.
See: Rescue Me, Damages, Breaking Bad, White Collar, Burn Notice.

All of those never saw another Season on Blu-ray (Breaking Bad is still undecided). I think Mad Men is the exception, but they know how to price things right. (And I'm not counting premium channel shows like HBO/SHO)
Old 10-09-10, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^White Collar is still up in the air as well, only the first season has been released. Season 2 hasn't finished airing yet - hopefully FOX will bring it out on blu. I'm down for Justified, only saw the first 3 episodes but I really liked what I saw.
Old 11-14-10, 03:57 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Promo for the BR/DVD release:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TtrcUaLAjOM?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TtrcUaLAjOM?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Mentions the special features, which includes Audio commentaries.

The release date is January 25th.
Old 11-14-10, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thoroughly enjoyed this show. Even though not filmed in Ky, it captured the flavor of the area. I have relatives in the mountains and most of the actions seemed accurate. Looking forward to this release.

Doug
Old 11-14-10, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All i ask is an entire bonus disc with Natalie Zea material on it. Preferably barefoot.
Old 11-15-10, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Full Details and all the bonus features.
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Jus...Season-1/14703
Timothy Olyphant ("Damages" and "Deadwood") stars as a modern-day Western hero based on the character created from legendary crime novelist Elmore Leonard's "Fire in the Hole." Deputy Marshall Raylan Givens (Olyphant) is exiled to his hometown of Harlan County, Kentucky after the shooting of a Miami drug cartel hit man raises debate over his renegade style of law enforcement. Unfortunately it isn't long before the people he left behind begin to surface in the most unexpected ways. Raylan's new job pursuing prison escapees, fugitive con men and a corrupt local sheriff has never been more intense. Find out what makes Raylan's Wild West, gun-slinging actions Justified in this thrilling first season!
This past Friday we posted a story with an online video trailer for Justified - The Complete 1st Season on DVD and high-def Blu-ray Disc. That trailer revealed the release date of January 25th, and many of the extras. Today Sony Pictures Home Entertainment formally announced the title, confirming the date and the costs ($39.95 SRP for the DVD, and $49.95 SRP for the Blu-ray). It also had some additional information!

The DVD version clocks in at 552 minutes running time on 3 discs, with anamorphic widescreen video and audio in English 5.1, Portuguese 5.1, and Spanish Dolby Stereo, plus closed captioning. The BD version, on the other hand, shows "572 minutes" (twenty minutes longer!) for the running time, per the studio-provided information. A typo on one of these? Maybe. The Blu version also gets high-def widescreen video, English 5.1 audio (no mention as to whether it's a high-definition-audio format or not), and English subtitles. In addition, there's more bonus material listed than the trailer showed: a music video, a "look ahead" to the second season, plus details about the cast-and-crew audio commentaries. Here's the full list of extras that Sony has provided:
Season Two: A Look Ahead
Commentary on "Fire in the Hole" with Executive Producer Graham Yost, Actor Nick Searcy, Gregg Sutter and Director Michael Dinner
Commentary on "Blowback" with Executive Producer Graham Yost and Writer Ben Cavell
Commentary on "Hatless" with Actors Tim Olyphant, Natalie Zea and Writer Dave Andron
Commentary on "Bulletville" with Executive Producer Graham Yost and Writer/Producer Fred Golan
What Would Elmore Do?
The Story of Justified
Justified: Meet the Characters
Shooting for Kentucky
The Marshals
"Long Hard Times to Come" Music Video
Old 12-01-10, 03:19 AM

Never seen an episode of this but I like Olyphant and it looks like a good show, so I went ahead and pre-ordered it on Amazon since it's only 21.99 right now.
Old 12-01-10, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

This might be my favorite show on TV right now, and the first season was about as satisfying of a season a TV show can be, and I'm thankful that it didn't end in a cliff-hanger - can't wait for the blu-ray.
Old 12-01-10, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The Blu-ray set is up for pre-order on Amazon for only $21.99 right now. I thought I'd post that in here in case anyone missed the mention in the bargain section.
Old 12-02-10, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

and the dvd is still priced at $35.99, I hope the bluray sells well so we don't get screwed over with season 2.
Old 12-02-10, 07:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had to get this, what an awesome show.
Old 12-06-10, 10:49 AM

Apparently the release date was changed from 1/25 to 1/18. I got the email from Amazon this morning.
Old 12-06-10, 09:04 PM

This was in my Quick Picks for $20.xx so I pre-ordered it on a blind-buy whim. Might try and catch some of the episodes before it comes out to see if I really want it.
Old 12-29-10, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

dvdempire has the back cover art up now, and it says it will have DTS-MA audio.
Old 12-29-10, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
dvdempire has the back cover art up now, and it says it will have DTS-MA audio.
I love dvdempire - it's the only website that you can count on to actually post the back cover art. I don't know why but I'm a lot more comfortable buying titles when I can see the back art and amazon RARELY posts it.
Old 01-16-11, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't know if it includes a bonus disc or a link to get it online, but in the Best Buy ad it says you get the first episode of season 2 with Justified season one on dvd or blu ray. Price is $24.99 listing on its website.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.