Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DD Price Guarantee?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DD Price Guarantee?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-10, 11:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DD Price Guarantee?

They're undercutting their own prices on Amazon.com. This seems slightly shady to me, especially because they can't seem to keep things in stock for their own website.

For a few examples of price differences, check out The Prisoner blu or some of the blu-ray 3 packs.
Old 10-08-10, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: DD Price Guarantee?

I am not sure if I understand your question. You are asking if DD has a price guarantee but then your post is about them selling stuff cheaper on amazon than their own webpage. Why wouldn't you just buy it where it's the cheapest? What kind of price guarantee are you looking for?
Old 10-08-10, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DirkUSA
I am not sure if I understand your question. You are asking if DD has a price guarantee but then your post is about them selling stuff cheaper on amazon than their own webpage. Why wouldn't you just buy it where it's the cheapest? What kind of price guarantee are you looking for?
Their website guarantees that they have the lowest total price of any retail establishment on the internet... and if not, they'll price match. But then they go and sell things cheaper on amazon.com. No real question. I just found it odd.
Old 10-08-10, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by excom101
Their website guarantees that they have the lowest total price of any retail establishment on the internet... and if not, they'll price match. But then they go and sell things cheaper on amazon.com. No real question. I just found it odd.
So ask them to pricematch themselves
Old 10-08-10, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, I got you now. Looks like they are charging shipping when you buy at amazon from them but it's still cheaper than thru their own page. You are correct, that is weird.