DVD Talk
It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like the 6th Annual Holiday Challenge (11/22-1/1) [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like the 6th Annual Holiday Challenge (11/22-1/1)

The Monkees
10-07-10, 11:54 PM
The time has come... once again... for...

The 6th Annual

http://img-s3-01.mytextgraphics.com/christmastext/2010/10/08/f4b90cf08c9e756df27191cfb8e24796.gif

http://www.designbliss.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/christmas_tree.gif

2005 Discussion & Lists Thread (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/444897-50-movies-25-days-its-december-holiday-movie-challenge.html)
2006 Discussion Thread (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/481407-its-beginning-look-lot-like-2nd-annual-holiday-movie-challenge-11-20-12-25-a.html)
2006 Lists Thread (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/484170-2nd-annual-holiday-movie-challenge-lists-go-here.html)
2007 Discussion Thread (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/513824-its-beginning-look-lot-like-3rd-annual-holiday-movie-challenge-11-19-12-25-a.html)
2007 Lists Thread (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/517498-3rd-annual-holiday-movie-challenge-lists-go-here.html)
2008 Discussion Thread (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/540957-its-beginning-look-lot-like-4th-annual-holiday-movie-challenge-11-24-1-1-a.html)
2008 Lists Thread (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/544100-4th-annual-holiday-movie-challenge-lists-go-here.html#post9083213)
2009 Discussion Thread (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/562397-its-beginning-look-lot-like-5th-annual-holiday-movie-challenge-11-23-1-1-a.html)
2009 Lists Thread (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/564889-5th-annual-holiday-movie-challenge-lists-go-here.html)

Past Year's Winners

2009 Winner: Trevor (287)
2008 Winner: Dimension X (250)
2007 Winner: Trevor (509)
2006 Winner: RobCA (128)
2005 Winner: FantasticVSDoom (35)

OFFICIAL RULES

-Movies, TV shows/specials, Short Films & Cartoons Count

-The movie or TV show DOES NOT need to be holiday oriented. It could simply take place during the holiday season (i.e. Batman Returns, Gremlins, Die Hard, etc.)

-Although the movie doesn't have to take place during the holiday season, a MAJORITY of the film HAS to take place during the holiday season. No movies with just one scene during the holiday season. If you're not sure, ASK!

-Any holiday from Thanksgiving through New Years Day may count

-A film can only be viewed once, UNLESS you watch it and then watched it again with a commentary

-There is no global goal, shoot for a personal goal. Whatever you want your goal to be go for it. For returning participants maybe your goal should be to beat a previous year's goal.

-Again, like past years there will be a THREE Wild Card option to include movies or TV shows you might watch during the holiday season that is not holiday oriented. My family used to watch Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory every Christmas. So anything is allowed, up to 3.

-PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE number your lists!

It doesn't matter how you see the film, VHS, DVD, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, Laserdisc, Theatrical release, it can be counted. Just have fun.

The challenge begins at 12:00am CST on Monday November 22, 2010 and ends at 11:59pm CST on Saturday January 1, 2011

--->LISTS THREAD<--- (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/582341-6th-annual-holiday-challenge-lists-thread.html#post10501858)

Links

ABC Family's 25 Days of Christmas Schedule (http://www.abcfamily.go.com/specials/25-days-christmas/schedule)

CHECKLIST

--- Watch a Thanksgiving movie:
--- Watch a Thanksgiving TV episode:
--- Watch a Thanksgiving special:
--- Watch something animated about Thanksgiving:

--- Watch a Christmas movie:
--- Watch a Christmas TV episode:
--- Watch a Christmas special:
--- Watch something animated about Christmas:
--- Watch some version of A Christmas Carol:

--- Watch a New Year's movie.
--- Watch a New Year's TV episode.
--- Watch a New Year's special:
--- Watch something animated about New Year's:

--- Watch something Charlie Brown:
--- Watch something Garfield:
--- Watch an Oscar Winner:
--- Watch "It's a Wonderful Life"
--- Watch some version of "Miracle on 34th Street"
--- Watch "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation"
--- Watch "A Christmas Story"

--- 1920s
--- 1930s
--- 1940s:
--- 1950s:
--- 1960s:
--- 1970s:
--- 1980s:
--- 1990s:
--- 2000s:
--- Watch a Film From the Year You Were Born:

--- Watch the MST3K version of a film/show.
--- Watch a film/show and its remake:
--- Watch a film/show based on or turned into a video game. -
--- Watch a film/show based on a novel:
--- Watch a silent film.
--- Watch a film/show with commentary.
--- Watch a film/show that takes place in space.
--- Watch a film/show that takes place on or under the sea.

Watch a film/show for each rating:
--- G:
--- PG:
--- PG-13:
--- R:
--- Unrated:

PLEASE KEEP THE DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

Enjoy the Horror Movie Challenge and I Look Forward to All Participants!

Cardsfan111
10-08-10, 12:10 AM
I'm looking forward to it. I participated for the first time last year and it seems like this is a more "laid-back" challenge for me. I'm not as driven by building up numbers, but instead just more focused on holiday-related viewing.

Travis McClain
10-08-10, 01:52 AM
Is it really necessary to have specific films on the checklist? I, for one, loathe--and I mean loathe--A Christmas Story. Also, are there any thoughts about the 90 minute conversion standard for TV content & short films that other challenges have employed this year? I found it really helped keep my Animation Challenge list "cleaner."

In any event, I'm glad to see this thread is up; I've been thinking about the Holiday Challenge for the last couple of days while gorging on baseball and the Horror Challenge.

Bluelitespecial
10-08-10, 08:09 PM
I love the banner,and I am in again. Its just so much fun, and not as serious as the horror challenge.

Darth Maher
10-08-10, 08:18 PM
Also, are there any thoughts about the 90 minute conversion standard for TV content & short films that other challenges have employed this year? I found it really helped keep my Animation Challenge list "cleaner."

I'm against the TV show conversion idea. I think everything should just count as 1. Makes things a whole lot simpler.

Bluelitespecial
10-08-10, 08:28 PM
^^^Me too, now matter how long any cartoon is it should count as one entry. What Christmas movies have ever been oscar winners???

mike07
10-08-10, 08:50 PM
I'm in. I think I started to participate in this challenge last year but lost interest less than 1/2 way though it. This year, I hope to sit in from beginning to end! :)

journeyowns
10-09-10, 12:07 AM
I'm new to the board but this looks fun. I do echo one of the above posters about A Christmas Story. Can't stand that movie. Some members of my family really enjoys it though, so it's likely I'll catch at it some point anyway.

The Monkees
10-09-10, 12:14 AM
I'm also with the people about 1 TV episode should count as 1 entry and that's the way it's been for 4 years it will stay that way :)

Sadly I won't be able to hit my high number of last year this year because of my job. Boo.

journeyowns
10-09-10, 12:51 AM
What Christmas movies have ever been oscar winners???

Does the movie have to have won for best picture? Could it have won for other things? If so:

Miracle on 34th Street
Oscar-winner for Best Actor (Supporting Role: Edmund Gwenn) and Best Writing (Original Story & Screenplay)

Holiday Inn
Oscar-winner for Best Music (Original song: White Christmas)

Fist of Doom
10-09-10, 01:17 AM
Does the movie have to have won for best picture?

Nope, a win in any Oscar category counts.

Quack
10-09-10, 10:45 AM
My favorite challenge of the year, love watching the Henson and Rankin/Bass shows/specials.

FantasticVSDoom
10-09-10, 10:58 AM
Yep, in again for this... Another vote for everything being 1 entry. Pretty much because its the way its been in the past and Im too lazy to do the conversion :)

Trevor
10-09-10, 11:22 AM
^ :up:

Indy24LA
10-09-10, 02:15 PM
Count me in, next to the Horror Challenge, this is my favorite.

Travis McClain
10-09-10, 02:30 PM
Re: TV conversion for counting - I'm surprised Trevor doesn't side with me on this; I would think uniformity would speak to his OCD nature. ;) I personally reject the notion that just because something has previously been done a certain way that it must continue to be done that way, but I'm not out to sour this challenge in any way so I'm contented that we're counting each item viewed because that's how participants want to do it and I'll not bring it up again. (This year...!)

Re: A Christmas Story - I see I do have some support on this point of contention. I forgot to mention that as much as I hate A Christmas Story, I'm really not big on any of the National Lampoon movies, though if I had to endure Christmas Vacation, it's one of the few that I find tolerable. Perhaps we could combine the few specific movies into an optional checklist item?

--- Watch EITHER "It's a Wonderful Life"/some version of "Miracle on 34th Street"/"National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation"/"A Christmas Story"

The Monkees
10-10-10, 12:39 AM
Another note on the conversion, I personally think it's stupid. Why should TV shows be counted any different than something that is considered a TV "special" (i.e. Rudolph or Charlie Brown Christmas)? And if short films count then TV shows should count as 1 as well. That's just my personal feelings on the conversion, if anything it just confuses people.

Also with the check list, I'm not the one who came up with all the titles on there (I did add the Garfield title though) but the titles on there are considered "essential" holiday viewing. Does that make it right? Not really, but whatever, if you want you can drop any title, no real RULE on it.

Fist of Doom
10-10-10, 01:14 AM
It saddens me to think there are people who don't like A Christmas Story. :(

I'm also against converting TV stuff. Most of what we watch during this challenge are TV specials and shorts; no need to make extra work for everybody.

Dimension X
10-10-10, 05:56 AM
Another vote against "TV conversion." Keep it the way it is.
Another note on the conversion, I personally think it's stupid. Why should TV shows be counted any different than something that is considered a TV "special" (i.e. Rudolph or Charlie Brown Christmas)? And if short films count then TV shows should count as 1 as well. That's just my personal feelings on the conversion, if anything it just confuses people.

:up:

Travis McClain
10-10-10, 07:37 AM

I'm also against converting TV stuff. Most of what we watch during this challenge are TV specials and shorts; no need to make extra work for everybody.

Another vote against "TV conversion." Keep it the way it is.

I've already capitulated and tried to graciously let it go; is there some reason you guys won't let it?

Also with the check list, I'm not the one who came up with all the titles on there (I did add the Garfield title though) but the titles on there are considered "essential" holiday viewing. Does that make it right? Not really, but whatever, if you want you can drop any title, no real RULE on it.

There's really no honest response to this assertion that doesn't continue to make me the villain of this thread. I'll instead politely thank you for the permission to omit the specific titles.

Dimension X
10-10-10, 08:35 AM
I've already capitulated and tried to graciously let it go; is there some reason you guys won't let it?
Would it have upset you if I had agreed with you? I hadn't looked at this thread since the first post, so I decided to weigh in on that one topic (mostly because I agreed with, and liked the reasoning used in, The Monkees' post that I quoted in my post).

Now I'll go back to just lurking and updating my Challenge list every other day or so so I don't piss off anyone else (although I'm sure my taste in movies probably has upset a few too).

Trevor
10-10-10, 09:26 AM
Check your calendar, it's Pick on MinLShaw Day.

But seriously, I think a lot of people post or reply to a specific post before reading the entire thread. At least, I know I do that all the time.

Plus, even if the idea starter capitulates (and here I thought I wouldn't see or use that word today), it doesn't mean the topic is closed. Others may want to give their input pro or con.

My OCD does agree with you, but I'd rather the other Challenges wise up and follow this one's numbering scheme. Actually, I'd prefer there be no numbers at all. Just massive checklists.......

Multiple ;) 's in there.
There's really no honest response to this assertion that doesn't continue to make me the villain of this thread. I'll instead politely thank you for the permission to omit the specific titles.
You can blame me for much of the expanded checklist(s). My basic thoughts on them were (are?) that they are optional and that only a very small percentage of die hards would even try to fully complete them. I'm kind of surprised that they have become so popular.

When we were creating the expanded checklist for the Holiday Challenge I just added things to get it to a formidable size.

But yes, I understand the problem of a checklist item requiring one to watch a particular item. Combining them might be a good idea, but I'd suggest two things per checklist item, like what Chad did for this year's horror checklist. So I'd edit your idea to:

--- Watch EITHER "It's a Wonderful Life" or some version of "Miracle on 34th Street"

--- Watch EITHER "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" or "A Christmas Story"

This would separate them into "old classics" and "almost old classics".

Travis McClain
10-10-10, 09:45 AM
Would it have upset you if I had agreed with you? I hadn't looked at this thread since the first post, so I decided to weigh in on that one topic (mostly because I agreed with, and liked the reasoning used in, The Monkees' post that I quoted in my post).

It's okay. Trevor 'splained it to me:

Check your calendar, it's Pick on MinLShaw Day.

I checked. He's right.

You can blame me for much of the expanded checklist(s). My basic thoughts on them were (are?) that they are optional and that only a very small percentage of die hards would even try to fully complete them. I'm kind of surprised that they have become so popular.

When we were creating the expanded checklist for the Holiday Challenge I just added things to get it to a formidable size.

Speaking only for myself, I find that the checklists in general do a really good job of provoking a diverse viewing experience for the month--which isn't easy to do, since most of them are organized by genre somehow (this is more of a setting theme, though I suppose there's something of a Holiday genre that's emerged over the years).

But yes, I understand the problem of a checklist item requiring one to watch a particular item. Combining them might be a good idea, but I'd suggest two things per checklist item, like what Chad did for this year's horror checklist. So I'd edit your idea to:

--- Watch EITHER "It's a Wonderful Life" or some version of "Miracle on 34th Street"

--- Watch EITHER "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" or "A Christmas Story"

This would separate them into "old classics" and "almost old classics".

Sounds good. You could also pair them up so that each person has a choice of which era he or she prefers; i.e., It's a Wonderful Life or National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

Also, I got to wondering if there'd be any interest in adding an item along the lines of "Watch something featuring the original performance of an iconic Holiday song." Here's a list on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_songs_introduced_in_theater,_television,_and_film) of such titles.

Doc Moonlight
10-10-10, 09:45 AM
And my OCD nature would point out that there is more than one version of "It's a Wonderful Life", so the checklist option above should be worded:

---Watch either a version of "It's a Wonderful Life" or a version of "Miracle on 34th Street"

Darth Maher
10-10-10, 10:27 AM
My OCD does agree with you, but I'd rather the other Challenges wise up and follow this one's numbering scheme. Actually, I'd prefer there be no numbers at all.

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Actually, I don't mind numbering my lists... just to see what I watched, but I don't do it as any kind of competition. The whole "30 minutes counts as XX" seems to go against the view that we are not competing.

This isn't a slam against MinLShaw in any way... just how I've felt about the challenges for a long time. I'm glad that the Horror Challenge is finally allowing TV. I just find it weird that in the end, my list might have 23.25 entries... just seems silly.

Trevor
10-10-10, 10:36 AM
:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Actually, I don't mind numbering my lists... just to see what I watched, but I don't do it as any kind of competition. The whole "30 minutes counts as XX" seems to go against the view that we are not competing.

This isn't a slam against MinLShaw in any way... just how I've felt about the challenges for a long time. I'm glad that the Horror Challenge is finally allowing TV. I just find it weird that in the end, my list might have 23.25 entries... just seems silly.

Yep, allowing shorts and TV shows to count as 1 makes getting to 100 a lot more achievable, and may bring the Challenges to more of the masses.

Travis McClain
10-10-10, 04:43 PM
This isn't a slam against MinLShaw in any way...

Wuss! No one else is pulling punches on Pick on MinLShaw Day! ;)

Yep, allowing shorts and TV shows to count as 1 makes getting to 100 a lot more achievable, and may bring the Challenges to more of the masses.

Now we're veering more into a discussion for the challenges as a whole than one specific to Holiday. I don't really wish to veer off into such generalized territory; certainly not while most participants haven't even checked in on this thread yet. I will say, though, that I've been maintaining lists both here in the official List Threads for challenges, as well as creating My Movies lists on IMDb for each challenge. The final counts for my Animation Challenge lists are dramatically different, because of all the TV content I watched. It would definitely have made for a much clunkier List Thread post.

Which reminds me, I need to hop on over to the Feedback forum and see if there's a way to tweak the appearance of spoiler'd content. I've taken to spoiler-ing my reviews of movies for my List Thread posts to reduce how cluttered they look, but because of the placement of the Spoiler button, it doesn't seem to really streamline much.

The Monkees
10-10-10, 10:32 PM

That's why TV shows were added in the first place. Those of you who participated in the very first one in 2005 will remember that the challenge only ran from December 1st until Christmas Day and only movies were allowed to be viewed. The addition of TV shows and whatnot was added the following year.

Indy24LA
10-11-10, 04:51 PM
To me, TV shows are just as important to the holidays as movies, so it makes sense to count them equally in this challenge.

WallyOPD
10-11-10, 05:10 PM
It's the most wonderful Challenge of the year! :banana:

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi
10-11-10, 06:53 PM
I'd be happy with replacing specific movies with more generic checklist options, like "holiday vacation", "family get together", "holiday crime(presents get stolen, santa claus murders, etc)", "disliked present becomes cherished", "death in the family", "holiday haunting", "what if I was never born".

Then we could still watch those same types of movies that follow the same type of plot.

Bluelitespecial
10-11-10, 07:09 PM
^^^Good idea it would be a good way to switch up the check list from the same movies.

BobO'Link
10-11-10, 07:27 PM
...Also, I got to wondering if there'd be any interest in adding an item along the lines of "Watch something featuring the original performance of an iconic Holiday song." Here's a list on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_songs_introduced_in_theater,_television,_and_film) of such titles.
I like that one... lots of titles from which to chose. With music being such a big part of the Holidays it seems a natural item to add.

I also like the idea of combining specific film titles in the checklist *or* the better way Mister Peepers suggested of just using the generic description... as long as there is more than 1 film that could be watched to qualify. While I *love* "A Christmas Story" I do *not* like having a very specific title in the checklist. In my case I'm not too fond of "It's a Wonderful Life". While I *do* own a copy I only watch it if there's someone over who wants to put it on. If it's on the checklist and I do not like the title I'd either feel compelled to watch it anyway for the list or just skip it entirely. To me it's similar to those entries for directors/actors where there's really only 1 or 2 qualifying titles from that person.

10-12-10, 07:17 PM
A BetaMaXmas is still up and running http://betamaxmas.com/

Especially useful if you're lazy like me and you don't care what you want to watch but you want something holiday related.

The Monkees
10-12-10, 10:14 PM
I just got "The Original Christmas Classics" on Blu-Ray today, the set contains Rudolph, Frosty, Frosty Returns & Santa Claus is Comin' to Town. I also picked up The Year Without a Santa Claus on BD last week and am awaiting the Peanuts Holiday Collection on BD, should be here tomorrow. I'm getting prepared!

I still want to pick up the Grinch cartoon on BD, but cannot bring myself to pay $25 for it. Way too much for a 30 minute special.

FantasticVSDoom
10-13-10, 01:59 PM
Love A BetaMaXmas and was the highlight of last year's challenge finding out about it...

Quack
10-13-10, 02:16 PM
I just got "The Original Christmas Classics" on Blu-Ray today, the set contains Rudolph, Frosty, Frosty Returns & Santa Claus is Comin' to Town. I also picked up The Year Without a Santa Claus on BD last week and am awaiting the Peanuts Holiday Collection on BD, should be here tomorrow. I'm getting prepared!

I still want to pick up the Grinch cartoon on BD, but cannot bring myself to pay $25 for it. Way too much for a 30 minute special.

Did you get any deals on the OCC and YWASC BD's?

Travis McClain
10-13-10, 02:49 PM
I'd be happy with replacing specific movies with more generic checklist options, like "holiday vacation", "family get together", "holiday crime(presents get stolen, santa claus murders, etc)", "disliked present becomes cherished", "death in the family", "holiday haunting", "what if I was never born".

Then we could still watch those same types of movies that follow the same type of plot.

Sounds good to me. What I like most about this suggestion is that it doesn't just attempt to find common ground for this year's challenge, but I think it really stabilizes the checklist going forward.

The Monkees
10-14-10, 12:47 AM
Did you get any deals on the OCC and YWASC BD's?

Not really. Got Year Without a Santa Claus at Sam's Club for $17.88, and I have Amazon Prime so I didn't have to pay tax or shipping on Original Christmas Classics or Peanuts Holiday Collection. Got them for $29.99 and $34.99 respectively.

Bluelitespecial
11-04-10, 10:28 PM
Is this too early for a bump. Has ABC Family released the schedule for the 25 days of Christmas?

The Monkees
11-04-10, 11:21 PM
Is this too early for a bump. Has ABC Family released the schedule for the 25 days of Christmas?

I guess so

I found this:

http://www.suite101.com/content/abc-family-announces-25-days-of-christmas-movie-lineup-a304518

Not sure it's official or not.

alyxstarr
11-09-10, 08:24 AM
I guess so

I found this:

http://www.suite101.com/content/abc-family-announces-25-days-of-christmas-movie-lineup-a304518

Not sure it's official or not.

ABC Family has a PDF of the schedule on their site (http://www.abcfamily.go.com/specials/25-days-christmas/schedule), and this seems to match it. They're also having a "countdown to the 25 days of Christmas (http://www.suite101.com/content/abc-family-thanksgiving-christmas-countdown-movie-lineup-slated-a304545)" for the last 10 days of November, with a few more Christmas movies (and some random stuff).

Giles
11-09-10, 09:49 AM
trying not to watch 'White Christmas' on bluray until the first of December is going to be difficult. "must resist"

Libby
11-09-10, 11:41 AM
Im in
--- Watch a Thanksgiving movie:
--- Watch a Thanksgiving TV episode:
--- Watch a Thanksgiving special:
--- Watch something animated about Thanksgiving:

--- Watch a Christmas movie:
--- Watch a Christmas TV episode:
--- Watch a Christmas special:
--- Watch something animated about Christmas:
--- Watch some version of A Christmas Carol:

--- Watch a New Year's movie.
--- Watch a New Year's TV episode.
--- Watch a New Year's special:
--- Watch something animated about New Year's:

--- Watch something Charlie Brown:
--- Watch something Garfield:
--- Watch an Oscar Winner:
--- Watch "It's a Wonderful Life"
--- Watch some version of "Miracle on 34th Street"
--- Watch "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation"
--- Watch "A Christmas Story"

--- 1920s
--- 1930s
--- 1940s:
--- 1950s:
--- 1960s:
--- 1970s:
--- 1980s:
--- 1990s:
--- 2000s:
--- Watch a Film From the Year You Were Born:

--- Watch the MST3K version of a film/show.
--- Watch a film/show and its remake:
--- Watch a film/show based on or turned into a video game. -
--- Watch a film/show based on a novel:
--- Watch a silent film.
--- Watch a film/show with commentary.
--- Watch a film/show that takes place in space.
--- Watch a film/show that takes place on or under the sea.

Watch a film/show for each rating:
--- G:
--- PG:
--- PG-13:
--- R:
--- Unrated:

exharrison
11-09-10, 12:51 PM
Must resist urge to join yet another challenge....

Screw it, I'm in. I'm just gonna watch a lot of other stuff outside of the challenge this time.

Indy24LA
11-09-10, 02:16 PM
I love (and need) the couple weeks break between this and the horror challenge. By T-Day, my batteries should be fully recharged.

Travis McClain
11-09-10, 02:41 PM
I love (and need) the couple weeks break between this and the horror challenge. By T-Day, my batteries should be fully recharged.

I've been cleansing my palate with a Bond-athon. I've been sick the last several days, which has slowed me down considerably, but I'm still content with my progress. Now, though, I've got a dilemma, because next on my list is On Her Majesty's Secret Service, the only Bond movie that would actually qualify for the Holiday Challenge! (Most of it takes place between Christmas and New Year's.) Do I skip it now and bring it out for a break in the Holiday Challenge, or just watch it now? Ah, the life choices of a DVD Talker....

Trevor
11-09-10, 05:22 PM
I've been cleansing my palate with a Bond-athon. I've been sick the last several days, which has slowed me down considerably, but I'm still content with my progress. Now, though, I've got a dilemma, because next on my list is On Her Majesty's Secret Service, the only Bond movie that would actually qualify for the Holiday Challenge! (Most of it takes place between Christmas and New Year's.) Do I skip it now and bring it out for a break in the Holiday Challenge, or just watch it now? Ah, the life choices of a DVD Talker....

I would wait and watch it the first day of this Challenge, and then save the rest for the Action/Adventure Challenge in Feb or March. ;)

KaBluie
11-09-10, 06:34 PM

Why not watch it twice?

Or watch it now in your Bond-athon & watch it in the Holiday Challenge with the audio commentary.

Travis McClain
11-09-10, 06:56 PM
Why not watch it twice?

Or watch it now in your Bond-athon & watch it in the Holiday Challenge with the audio commentary.

You make a good argument.

The Monkees
11-10-10, 01:04 AM
Wow, I just realized it's less than 2 weeks until this challenge begins. Time sure is flying!

Cardsfan111
11-10-10, 04:57 AM
Wow, I just realized it's less than 2 weeks until this challenge begins. Time sure is flying!

Temperatures in the 70s around here. That makes it a little difficult to think about the holidays. :)

Numes
11-10-10, 06:46 AM
I've always been partial to this challenge, because it was the first challenge I participated in (and snuck in a cool 200 viewings!) I would be vehemently opposed to changing the counting system. There is no reason that this challenge has to be consistent with any of the other challenges. I've always felt this one was unique that way. In addition, there are SO MANY holiday episodes for Thanksgiving and Christmas that it really make sense to just have them separate.

As for A Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation, these are two of my favorite movies of all time, so I will *try* to fathom the fact that everyone doesn't like them (blasphemy, I tell you! ;)) I guess I do know people who don't like A Christmas Story, but I don't think I've ever met anyone who doesn't thoroughly enjoy Christmas Vacation (my personal favorite comedy ever made.)

Anyhoo, regardless of whether you enjoy those movies, they are undeniable Christmas classics and should be recognized in some way, shape, or form, in the Holiday Challenge. If I were forced to conceed on the checklist, I would say the "Watch either Christmas Vacation or A Christmas Story" would be about as far as I could go.

I will make an attempt to update the lists I did two years ago and post them in this thread (it looks like I completely dropped the ball last year!) Here are the links for now:

long Thanksgiving list (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/9076212-post95.html)

long Christmas list (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/9076216-post96.html)

long New Year's/Misc list (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/9076217-post97.html)

Ash Ketchum
11-10-10, 10:52 AM
I've always been partial to this challenge, because it was the first challenge I participated in (and snuck in a cool 200 viewings!) I would be vehemently opposed to changing the counting system. There is no reason that this challenge has to be consistent with any of the other challenges. I've always felt this one was unique that way. In addition, there are SO MANY holiday episodes for Thanksgiving and Christmas that it really make sense to just have them separate.

As for A Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation, these are two of my favorite movies of all time, so I will *try* to fathom the fact that everyone doesn't like them (blasphemy, I tell you! ;)) I guess I do know people who don't like A Christmas Story, but I don't think I've ever met anyone who doesn't thoroughly enjoy Christmas Vacation (my personal favorite comedy ever made.)

Anyhoo, regardless of whether you enjoy those movies, they are undeniable Christmas classics and should be recognized in some way, shape, or form, in the Holiday Challenge. If I were forced to conceed on the checklist, I would say the "Watch either Christmas Vacation or A Christmas Story" would be about as far as I could go.

I will make an attempt to update the lists I did two years ago and post them in this thread (it looks like I completely dropped the ball last year!) Here are the links for now:

long Thanksgiving list (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/9076212-post95.html)

long Christmas list (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/9076216-post96.html)

long New Year's/Misc list (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/9076217-post97.html)

What's CHRISTMAS VACATION? Is that the National Lampoon film with Chevy Chase? Never been a big Chevy fan, so I tended to ignore his movies after...FOUL PLAY??? (That was the last one I saw in a theater.) What's weird is that IMDB now lists every National Lampoon title without the "National Lampoon's" as part of it, so the first one is just listed as VACATION. That's absurd. Every one of those films came out as NATIONAL LAMPOON'S whatever and was listed everywhere that way. Why does IMDB keep insisting on rewriting history?.

Oh, and I've never seen A CHRISTMAS STORY all the way through. People have it on when I'm over their house for Christmas, but I've never gotten involved in it. Something about some stupid kid wants a BB gun for Christmas. What's so special about that? Why should I care? The brat probably grew up to be Charles Whitman. Remember him? Google him.

Anyway, here's the Christmas video that plays in my household every year:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/44_3Qh5JtHI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/44_3Qh5JtHI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Indy24LA
11-10-10, 02:06 PM

I started a slower paced Bond-athon (less the really lame Moore ones) in the summer, but got stuck since I don't have Tomorrow Never Dies. On Her Majesty's Secret Service is the most underrated Bond movie, I really enjoyed it and I'm not sure Connery (who is far and away my favorite Bond) could have done a better job than Lazenby for that particular film.

I know some A Christmas Story haters and I think the reason they don't like it is because the a lot of the humor is very subtle, kinda like the Office.

The question I have is Christmas Vacation 2 worth watching?

Numes
11-10-10, 03:11 PM
The question I have is Christmas Vacation 2 worth watching?

I have never seen it (and will never watch it) based on what I've read about it. I would just go to IMDB and read some of the reviews and I would stay away.

Dimension X
11-10-10, 06:53 PM
If you want holiday/horror these are available:

Black Christmas (1974)
Black Christmas (2006)
Christmas Evil (aka: You’d Better Watch Out) (1980)
A Christmas Nightmare (2001)
Christmas Season Massacre (2001)
The Christmas Tale (2005)
The Day of the Beast (1995)
Dead End (2003)
Don’t Open ‘Til Christmas (1984)
Earnest Saves Christmas (1988)
Elves (1989)
Feeders 2: Slay Bells (1998)
Gremlins (1984)
Jack Frost (1997)
Jack Frost 2: Revenge of the Mutant Killer Snowman (2000)
The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
Night Thirst (2002)
Night Train Murders (1975)
One Hell of a Christmas (2002)
Psycho Santa (2003)
P2 (2007)
Santa Claws (1996)
Santa’s Slay (2005)
Satan Claus (1996)
Shredder (2003)
Silent Night, Bloody Night (1974)
Silent Night, Deadly Night (1984)
Silent Night, Deadly Night 2 (1986)
Silent Night, Deadly Night 3 (1989)
Silent Night, Deadly Night 4 (1990)
Silent Night, Deadly Night 5 (1991)
Tales from the Crypt (1972) (segment "And All Through the House")
Tales From the Crypt (TV, 1989) (season 1 remake of above)
To All a Good Night (1980)
Trees 2: The Root of All Evil (2004)
Turbulence (1997)
Two Front Teeth (2006)
Whoever Slew Auntie Roo? (1971)
Wind Chill (2007)
Zombie Death House (1987)

During this year's challenges I found two more Holiday Horror films to add to Trevor's list from last year.

Psycho (1960) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054215/)

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/241/vlcsnap00001dm.jpg

Prime Evil (1988) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095900/)

Greg MacGuffin
11-10-10, 10:52 PM
I don't think I've ever met anyone who doesn't thoroughly enjoy Christmas Vacation

:wave:

Travis McClain
11-10-10, 11:14 PM
We just got back from Half Price Books, and for $2.00 we turned up a double feature DVD that includes Christmas Evil and Silent Night, Bloody Night. It also includes a Casper cartoon, a Popeye cartoon and "some classic television commercials." We're pretty stoked about breaking this open for the challenge, having seen neither movie before. I was, however, disappointed that the title isn't in DVD Profiler's catalog. :(

On Her Majesty's Secret Service is the most underrated Bond movie, I really enjoyed it and I'm not sure Connery (who is far and away my favorite Bond) could have done a better job than Lazenby for that particular film.

I always had my doubts about Connery in OHMSS, too, until I saw Marnie. The dynamics of his relationship with the female lead in that are very similar to the Bond/Tracy relationship and I think if they'd made that film with him--instead of You Only Live Twice--it would rank as a lot of people's top choice for a Bond film. I understand the production reasons that compelled them to rush onto YOLT at the time, but man, oh, man, did they screw things up by going that route. (For those who've not read the novels, there is a trilogy that begins with Thunderball, then continues with OHMSS and concludes with YOLT; by switching the order of the last two, they deprived themselves of all the meaning of YOLT and really didn't set up OHMSS particularly well.)

I know some A Christmas Story haters and I think the reason they don't like it is because the a lot of the humor is very subtle, kinda like the Office.

I'm fine with subtlety. I just hate the movie. I don't like any of the characters, or the situations. Maybe because they all remind me of people I never liked, and their experiences.

:wave:

I find Christmas Vacation tolerable, but it doesn't really do much for me. But then, I'm not sure I could name more than a few Chevy Chase performances I actually found entertaining. Seems like an alright guy; I've nothing against him. He just doesn't make me laugh.

The Monkees
11-11-10, 12:50 AM
I'm not a huge fan of A Christmas Story but I do LOVE Christmas Vacation. Been watching of those films since I was a kid, but part of the reason I don't like CS is because of how overhyped it has gotten over the years. The TV stations (especially TBS) act like it's the "best" and "only" Christmas movie out there.

BobO'Link
11-11-10, 08:18 PM
...The question I have is Christmas Vacation 2 worth watching?

I have never seen it (and will never watch it) based on what I've read about it. I would just go to IMDB and read some of the reviews and I would stay away.

I stupidly purchased it at BL earlier this year for $3. It's bad... very bad... So bad that I'm almost embarrassed to say I own it even though the anal completest in me is glad of that ownership. It will *never* be willingly watched by me again. I've never seen "Catwoman" but would rather subject myself to that generally regarded travesty than to watch "Christmas Vacation 2" again. Just the facts that National Lampoon has not been able to make a truly watchable film in years coupled with this being a made-for-TV venture should be clue enough. If you are another anal completest, well... just don't watch it except for one of these challenges and even then expect a painful experience.

Trevor
11-11-10, 11:05 PM
I stupidly purchased it at BL earlier this year for $3. It's bad... very bad... So bad that I'm almost embarrassed to say I own it even though the anal completest in me is glad of that ownership. It will *never* be willingly watched by me again. I've never seen "Catwoman" but would rather subject myself to that generally regarded travesty than to watch "Christmas Vacation 2" again. Just the facts that National Lampoon has not been able to make a truly watchable film in years coupled with this being a made-for-TV venture should be clue enough. If you are another anal completest, well... just don't watch it except for one of these challenges and even then expect a painful experience.

This is the exact same post I expect to make when I get around to watching it this Challenge. Couldn't resist that Big Lots price.....

Giles
11-11-10, 11:54 PM
are there any Hannukah themed movies?

Ash Ketchum
11-12-10, 10:45 AM

Doesn't Adam Sandler sing the "Chanukah Song" in EIGHT CRAZY NIGHTS (2002)?

Darkgod
11-12-10, 10:57 AM
I am gonna try this this year... but don't know what to set as a goal. Maybe 30... not gonna go out of my way and miss other things for it.

11-12-10, 12:23 PM

Schindler's List?

mike07
11-12-10, 05:10 PM
Any thoughts on EIGHT CRAZY NIGHTS? I've never seen it, but couldn't pass up a 2-Disc SE of it for $3 at Big Lots. Looking at the cover art, it appears to be an animated movie - correct? I'm not sure whether I'd like it or not, but I plan to watch it next month some time.

Bluelitespecial
11-12-10, 05:20 PM
Its a lot of the same Adam Sandler Schtick from all his movies, but its good for some laughs. At $3 not a bad deal.

EdTheRipper
11-12-10, 05:38 PM

I got it at Big Lots as well. I couldn't agree with you more. Terrible movie.

Cardsfan111
11-12-10, 06:40 PM
I'd like to thank everyone for confirming my decision to never own/view Christmas Vacation 2. :D

Cousin Eddie was never one of my favorite characters from the Vacation movie--sure he served his purpose in the films and such, but I could only handle him in smaller doses. So when this title was released and I saw 'Cousin Eddie' in the title with Randy Quaid's smiling face on the cover art, I was never even tempted to pick it up.

11-12-10, 07:07 PM
Any thoughts on EIGHT CRAZY NIGHTS? I've never seen it, but couldn't pass up a 2-Disc SE of it for $3 at Big Lots. Looking at the cover art, it appears to be an animated movie - correct? I'm not sure whether I'd like it or not, but I plan to watch it next month some time.

It wasn't bad but I wouldn't be sad if I never saw it again.

BobO'Link
11-12-10, 10:31 PM
I'd like to thank everyone for confirming my decision to never own/view Christmas Vacation 2. :D

Cousin Eddie was never one of my favorite characters from the Vacation movie--sure he served his purpose in the films and such, but I could only handle him in smaller does. So when this title was released and I saw 'Cousin Eddie' in the title with Randy Quaid's smiling face on the cover art, I was never even tempted to pick it up.
You're welcome! :)

I totally agree with your comments! I *was* tempted simply because I own the other 4 films in the series. I remember thinking "why would *anyone* want to watch an entire film about Cousin Eddie"? I actually picked it up and put it down several times plus read a few reviews before I finally caved... I totally blame anal compulsive completest tendancies for this purchase.

The Monkees
11-12-10, 10:44 PM

Aside from Eight Crazy Nights which I think is pretty decent, there is at least 1 Hanukah themed TV special which would be Rugrats Chanukah which is pretty good. It's available for purchase on iTunes (which is where I bought it, either last year or the year before).

Numes
11-13-10, 05:55 PM
**TV Shows Complete**
** Movies and Specials in process **

Thanksgiving Shows
3rd Rock from the Sun - S02E10 - "Gobble, Gobble, Dick, Dick" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0502676/)
7th Heaven - S09E09 - "Thanksgiving" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0503727/)
7th Heaven - S10E09 - "Turkey" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0503753/)
7th Heaven - S11E09 - "Thanks and Giving" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0887285/)
8 Simple Rules - S01E11 - "Paul Meets His Match" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0503833/)
8 Simple Rules - S02E08 - "The First Thanksgiving" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0503849/)
8 Simple Rules - S03E09 - "Thanksgiving Guest" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0503846/)
According to Jim - S02E09 - "Thanksgiving Confidential" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0504903/)
According to Jim - S03E11 - "The Empty Gesture" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0504915/)
Alice - S03E09 - "Who Ordered the Hot Turkey?" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0508869/)
Alice - S07E06 - "Alice's Turkey of a Thanksgiving" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0508707/)
All in the Family - E06E11 - "A Little Atheist" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0769787/)
Amazing Stories - S02E09 - "Thanksgiving" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0511117/)
Aqua Teen Hunger Force - S02E21 - "The Dressing" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0514096/)
Barney Miller - S04E09 - "Thanksgiving Story" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0519098/)
Becker - S06E07 - "Sister Spoils the Turkey" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0520636/)
The Bernie Mac Show - S02E07 - "Tryptophan-tasy" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1073700/)
The Bernie Mac Show - S03E22 - "Thanksgiving" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0521914/)
The Beverly Hillbillies - S01E09 - "Elly's First Date" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0522476/)
The Beverly Hillbillies - S02E10 - "Turkey Day" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0522681/)
The Beverly Hillbillies - S07E10 - "The Thanksgiving Story" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0522672/)
Beverly Hills, 90210 - S03E15 - "The Kindness of Strangers" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0522996/)
Beverly Hills, 90210 - S04E12 - "Radar Love" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0522892/)
Beverly Hills, 90210 - S06E12 - "Breast Side Up" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0522755/)
Beverly Hills, 90210 - S07E11 - "If I Had a Hammer" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0522839/)
Beverly Hills, 90210 - S09E07 - "You Say GoodBye, I Say Hello" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0523005/)
Beverly Hills, 90210 - S10E10 - "What's in a Name" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0522996/)
Bewitched - S04E12 - "Samantha's Thanksgiving To Remember" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0523207/)
The Bob Newhart Show - S03E11 - "An American Family" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0528330/)
The Bob Newhart Show - S04E11 - "Over The River And Through The Woods" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0528403/)
Boston Public - S01E05 - "Chapter Five " imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0530557/)
The Brady Bunch - S02E04 - "The Un-Underground Movie (??)" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0769860/)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer - S04E08 - "Pangs" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0533469/)
Channel Frederator - S01E07 - "Fredsgiving" link (http://www.channelfrederator.com)
Cheers - S05E09 - "Thanksgiving Orphans" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0539876/)
Cheers - S11E08 - "Ill-Gotten Gaines" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0539780/)
Chuck - S01E10 - "Chuck versus the Nemesis" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1035913/)
The Class - S01E09 - "The Class Gives Thanks" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0904226/)
Coach - S06E09 - "It Came from New York" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0840452/)
The Cosby Show - S06E09 - "Cliff's Wet Adventure" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0546982/)
Cybill - S02E08 - "They Shoot Turkeys, Don't They?" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0551801/)
Dawson's Creek - S03E08 - "Guess Who's Coming To Dinner" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0555124/)
Designing Women - S01E07 - "Perky's Visit" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0558638/)
Desperate Housewives - S07E08 - "Sorry Grateful" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1693230/)
Dharma & Greg - S01E10 - "The First Thanksgiving" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0559097/)
Dharma & Greg - S03E10 - "Thanksgiving Until it Hurts" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0559090/)
Dharma & Greg - S04E05 - "Midwife Crisis" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0559065/)
Diff'rent Strokes - S02E11 - "Thanksgiving Crossover: Part 1" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0560038/)
Diff'rent Strokes - S02E12 - "Thanksgiving Crossover: Part 2" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0560039/)
Doogie Howser, M.D. - S02E10 - "Don't Let the Turkeys Get You Down" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0819012/)
Ellen - S04E10 - "Kiss My Bum" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0570036/)
ER - S01E09 - "ER Confidential" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0567965/)
ER - S10E08 - "Freefall" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0567986/)
ER - S13E09 - "Scoop and Run" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0878370/)
Everybody Hates Chris - S02E08 - "Everybody Hates Thanksgiving" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0857864/)
Everybody Loves Raymond - S01E10 - "Turkey or Fish" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0574269/)
Everybody Loves Raymond - S03E10 - "No Fat" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0574198/)
Everybody Loves Raymond - S04E09 - "No Thanks" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0763152/)
Everybody Loves Raymond - S05E09 - "Fighting In-Laws " imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0574161/)
Everybody Loves Raymond - S06E09 - "Older Women" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0574201/)
Everybody Loves Raymond - S07E10 - "Marie's Vision " imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0764392/)
Everybody Loves Raymond - S08E09 - "The Bird" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0574237/)
Family Ties - S01E08 - "No Nukes is Good Nukes" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0577356/)
Felicity - S01E09 - "Thanksgiving" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0578708/)
Felicity - S02E08 - "Family Affairs" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0578669/)
Felicity - S04E08 - "The Last Thanksgiving" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0578721/)
Frank TV - S01E01 - "Franksgiving" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1083894/)
Frasier - S04E07 - "A Lilith Thanksgiving" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0582328/)
Frasier - S07E09 - "The Apparent Trap" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0582516/)
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - S01E12 - "Talking Turkey" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0583035/)
Friends - S01E09 - "The One Where Underdog Gets Away" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0583492/)
Friends - S02E08 - "The One With the List" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0583625/)
Friends - S03E09 - "The One With the Football" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0583607/)
Friends - S04E08 - "The One With Chandler in a Box" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0583515/)
Friends - S05E08 - "The One With the Thanksgiving Flashbacks" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0583652/)
Friends - S06E09 - "The One Where Ross Got High" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0583482/)
Friends - S07E08 - "The One Where Chandler Doesn't Like Dogs" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0583431/)
Friends - S08E09 - "The One With the Rumor" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0583642/)
Friends - S09E08 - "The One With Rachel's Other Sister" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0583553/)
Friends - S10E08 - "The One With the Late Thanksgiving" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0583623/)
Full House - S01E09 - "The Miracle of Thanksgiving" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0584227/)
The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show - S02E05 - "Thanksgiving" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0587080/)
George Lopez - S02E09 - "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, Honey" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0587217/)
Gilmore Girls - S03E09 - "A Deep-Fried Korean Thanksgiving" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0588112/)
Gilmore Girls - S06E10 - "He's Slippin’ ‘Em Bread... Dig" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0588146/)
Gossip Girl - S01E09 - "Blair Waldorf Must Pie!" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1036074/)
Gossip Girl - S02E11 - "The Magnificant Archibalds" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1266846/)
Gossip Girl - S03E11 - "The Treasure of Serena Madre" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1548668/)
The Gumby Show - S??E?? - "Pilgrims on the Rocks" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1648831/)
Happy Days - S06E12 - "The First Thanksgiving" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0793881/)
Hazel - S01E09 - "Everybody's Thankful But Us Turkeys" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0598497/)
Hello Larry - S02E08 - "Thanksgiving Crossover: Part 1" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0793903/)
Hello Larry - S02E09 - "Thanksgiving Crossover: Part 2" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0793904/)
Hey Arnold! - S03E14 - "Arnold's Thanksgiving" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0600741/)
Home Improvement - S04E09 - "My Dinner With Wilson" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0603504/)
Home Improvement - S06E10 - "The Wood, the Bad, and the Hungry" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0603566/)
Home Improvement - S07E09 - "Thanksgiving" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0603542/)
Home Improvement - S08E10 - "Thanks, But No Thanks" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0603541/)
Hope & Faith - S02E10 - "9021-Uh-Oh" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0604798/)
Hope & Gloria - S02E10 - "The Dupree Family Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0604893/)
How I met your Mother - S01E09 - "Belly Full of Turkey" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0606104/)
How I met your Mother - S03E09 - "Slapsgiving" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1142665/)
How I met your Mother - S05E09 - "Slapsgiving 2: Revenge of the Slap" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1541288/)
Jericho - S01E10 - "Red Flag" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0886924/)
Joey - S02E10 - "Joey and the Bachelor Thanksgiving" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0616290/)
Johnny and the Sprites - S02E03 - "SpritesGiving!" Tv.com (http://www.tv.com/johnny-and-the-sprites/johnnyand039s-sister-tina--spritesgiving!/episode/956903/summary.html?tag=ep_guide;summary)
Just Shoot Me - S05E07 - "The First Thanksgiving" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0617978/)
Keenan & Kel - S02E11 - "Turkey Day" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0619405/)
The King of Queens - S01E10 - "Supermarket Story" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0620161/)
The King of Queens - S02E10 - "Roamin' Holiday" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0620140/)
The King of Queens - S03E08 - "Dark Meet" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0620046/)
The King of Queens - S05E10 - "Loaner Car" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0620101/)
The King of Queens - S06E09 - "Thanks Man" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0620167/)
King of the Hill - S03E07 - "Nine Pretty Darn Angry Men" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0620275/)
King of the Hill - S04E07 - "Happy Hank's Giving" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0620237/)
King of the Hill - S05E04 - "Spin the Choice" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0764035/)
King of the Hill - S07E04 - "Goodbye Normal Jeans" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0764018/)
Linus! The Lion Hearted - S??E?? - "Macy's Thanksgiving Day Balloon" link (http://www.toontracker.com/linus/linus.htm)
Little People, Big World - S02E13 - "A Little Thanksgiving: Part One" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0885975/)
Little People, Big World - S02E14 - "A Little Thanksgiving: Part Two" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0885976/)
Living Single - S01E13 - "Love Takes a Holiday" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0634066/)
Living Single - S02E12 - "Thanks for Giving" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0634100/)
Mad About You - S01E09 - "Riding Backwards" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0638924/)
Mad About You - S03E08 - "Giblets for Murray" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0638875/)
Mad About You - S07E07 - "The Thanksgiving Show" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0638976/)
Malcolm in the Middle - S05E04 - "Thanksgiving" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0640407/)
Mama's Family - S03E09 - "An Ill Wind" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0824045/)
Married with Children - S11E06 - "A Bundy Thanksgiving" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0642204/)
Martin - S02E13 - "Thanks for Nothing" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0642726/)
Martin - S03E11 - "Feast or Famine" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0642670/)
Miss Match - S01E07 - "Jive Turkey" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0649158/)
Moesha - S05E10 - "Thanksgiving" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0650316/)
Moesha - S06E10 - "All This, and Turkey Too" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0650229/)
MST3K (Webisode) - S00E00 - "Thanksgiving Clown" YouTube Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw6SXaDkjjg)
MST3K (Webisode) - S00E00 - "Turkey Bits" YouTube Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5TWFAM0BAM)
My Friends Tigger and Pooh - S01E18 - "Many Thanks for Christopher Robin" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1141117/)
Ned and Stacey - S01E10 - "Thanksgiving Day Massacre" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0658129/)
Northern Exposure - S04E08 - "Thanksgiving" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0662398/)
The Office (US) - S07E09 - "WUPHF.com" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1752583/)
Once and Again - S01E10 - "Thanksgiving" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0665724/)
Once and Again - S02E04 - "Feast or Famine" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0665697/)
Once and Again - S03E07 - "Chaos Theory" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0665691/)
One on One - S01E11 - "Thanksgiving It to Me, Baby" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0666440/)
One on One - S04E09 - "Who Brought the Jive Turkey?" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0666457/)
The Parent 'Hood - S03E11 - "The Parade-y-Bunch" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0669579/)
Partners - S01E10 - "How Long Does It Take to Cook a 22-Pound Turkey?" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0670105/)
Picket Fences - S01E09 - "Thanksgiving" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0674730/)
Reba - S04E09 - "Thanksgiving" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0761237/)
Reba - S05E09 - "Invasion" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0683893/)
Roseanne - S02E09 - "We Gather Together" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0688935/)
Roseanne - S04E10 - "Thanksgiving 1991" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0688890/)
Roseanne - S06E10 - "Thanksgiving 1993" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0688891/)
Roseanne - S07E10 - "Thanksgiving 1994" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0688892/)
Roseanne - S08E08 - "The Last Thursday in November" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0688904/)
Roseanne - S09E10 - "Home is Where the Afghan is" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0688804/)
Saved by the Bell: The College Years - S01E10 - "A Thanksgiving Story" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0695245/)
Scrubs - S01E09 - "My Day Off" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0696569/)
Sealab 2021 - S02E11 - "Feast of Alvis" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0696968/)
Seinfeld - S06E08 - "The Mom and Pop Store" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0697733/)
The Simpsons - S02E07 - "Bart vs. Thanksgiving" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0701062/)
Sister, Sister - S03E09 - "Thanksgiving in Hawaii: Part 1" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0701778/)
Sister, Sister - S03E10 - "Thanksgiving in Hawaii: Part 2" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0701779/)
South Park - S01E08 - "Starvin Marvin" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0705964/)
South Park - S04E14 - "Helen Keller! The Musical" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0705930/)
Spin City - S01E10 - "The Competition " imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0707081/)
Spin City - S04E09 - "The Thanksgiving show " imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0707105/)
Sports Night - S01E08 - "Thespis" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0707459/)
Sports Night - S01E09 - "The Quality of Mercy at 29K (??)" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0707454/)
Still Standing - S01E09 - "Still Thankful" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0710400/)
Tales Of The Wizard Of Oz - S??E?? - "Gabe The Gobbler" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054568/) YouTube Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVkStU14dqE)
That '70's Show - S01E09 - "Thanksgiving" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0720175/)
That '70's Show - S05E08 - "Thank You" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0720174/)
That '70's Show - S07E09 - "You Can't Always Get What You Want" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0720210/)
Titus - S02E06 - "The Perfect Thanksgiving" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0724047/)
Two and a Half Men - S01E10 - "Merry Thanksgiving" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0735168/)
Two-A-Days: Hoover High - S01E07 - "Thanksgiving" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1363048/)
Ugly Betty - S01E08 - "Four Thanksgivings and a Funeral" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0884690/)
Underdog - S02E37-40 - "Simon Says.. No Thanksgiving" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060037/) YouTube Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3Vqg9OG58w&feature=&p=362DB9358ED0DC09&index=0&playnext=1)
The Waltons - S02E10 - "A Thanksgiving Story" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0743849/)
The West Wing - S02E08 - "Shibboleth" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0745675/)
The West Wing - S03E08 - "The Indians in the Lobby" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0745696/)
What I Like About You - S03E10 - "The Wedding: Part 1" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0746094/)
What I Like About You - S03E11 - "The Wedding: Part 2" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0746095/)
What's Happening - S02E10 - "Mama, the School Girl" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0746272/)
Where's Raymond? - S01E08 - "Thanksgiving: Masterson" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0977604/)
Will & Grace - E07E11 - "Queen's for a Day: Part 2" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0748848/)
Will & Grace - S02E07 - "Homo for the Holidays" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0748804/)
Will & Grace - S03E08 - "Lows in the Mid-Eighties" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0748825/)
Will & Grace - S04E09 - "Moveable Feast" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0748830/)
Will & Grace - S07E10 - "Queen's for a Day: Part 1" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0748847/)
WKRP in Cincinnati - S01E07 - "Turkeys Away" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0742671/)
Yes, Dear - S02E09 - "Guess Who's Not Coming to Dinner" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0751726/)

Numes
11-13-10, 05:56 PM
**TV Shows Complete**

Christmas Shows
227 - S01E13 - "Mary's Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0502096/)
227 - S05E12 - "Guess Who's Not Coming to Christmas?" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0502085/)
30 Rock - S02E09 - "Ludachristmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1001594/)
30 Rock - S03E06 - "Christmas Special" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1248348/)
30 Rock - S04E08 - "Secret Santa" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1540153/)
3rd Rock from the Sun - S02E12 - "Jolly Old St. Dick" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0502688/)
7th Heaven - S10E11 - "Xmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0503772/)
7th Heaven - S11E11 - "Christmas!" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0887284/)
8 Simple Rules - S01E12 - "All I Want for Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0503787/)
8 Simple Rules - S02E09 - "Merry Christmas: The Story of Anne Frank and Skeevy" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0503825/)
8 Simple Rules - S03E12 - "A Very C.J. Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0503786/)
According to Jim - S01E10 - "An According to Jiminy Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0504856/)
According to Jim - S02E10 - "The Christmas Party" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0504911/)
According to Jim - S04E10 - "Stalking Santa" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0504901/)
According to Jim - S05E11 - "The Gift of Maggie" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0504918/)
According to Jim - S08E05 - "Two For the Money" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1339691/)
The Addams Family - S02E15 - "Christmas with the Addams Family" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0505416/)
The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius - S02E06 - "Holly Jolly Jimmy" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0505963/)
Adventures of Pete & Pete - S03E11 - "O' Christmas Pete" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0506142/)
The Adventures of Robin Hood - S03E13 - "The Christmas Goose" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0506368/)
Alfred Hitchcock Presents - S01E12 - "Santa Claus and the 10th Avenue Kid" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0508241/)
Alfred Hitchcock Presents - S01E23 - "Back For Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0508128/)
Alice - S02E09 - "A Semi-Merry Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0794652/)
Alice - S04E11 - "Mel, the Magi" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0508781/)
Alice - S06E09 - "Mel's Christmas Carol" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0508772/)
Alice - S08E10 - "Tis the Season to Be Jealous" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0508837/)
All in the Family - S02E13 - "Christmas Day at the Bunkers" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0509842/)
All in the Family - S04E15 - "Edith's Christmas Story" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0509858/)
All in the Family - S07E15 - "The Draft Dodger" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0509930/)
All in the Family - S08E13 - "Edit's Crisis of Faith: Part 1" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0509860/)
All in the Family - S08E14 - "Edit's Crisis of Faith: Part 2" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0768869/)
All in the Family - S09E11 - "The Bunkers Go West" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0768876/)
Alvin & the Chipmunks - S06E24 - "Dave's Wonderful Life" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1434959/)
Alvin & the Chipmunks - S07E13 - "Merry Christmas, Mr. Carroll" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1438605/)
Amazing Stories - S01E11 - "Santa '85" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0511114/)
Amen - S01E11 - "Your Christmas Show of Shows" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0511272/)
Amen - S02E11 - "The Twelve Songs of Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0511250/)
Amen - S03E09 - "The Deacon's Donkey" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0511236/)
Amen - S04E12 - "Thelma Frye, Dough Girl" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1023513/)
Amen - S05E05 - "Miracle on 134th Street: Part 1" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0511214/)
Amen - S05E06 - "Miracle on 134th Street: Part 2" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0511215/)
American Dad - S03E09 - "The Best Christmas Story Never" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0920930/)
American Dad - S04E08 - "The Most Adequate Christmas Ever" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1156640/)
The Andy Griffith Show - S01E11 - "Christmas Story" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0512460/)
Animaniacs - S01E49 - "A Christmas Plotz/Little Drummer Warners" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1113864/)
Animaniacs - S01E50 - "Slippin' on the Ice Song/'Twas the Day Before Christmas/Jingle Boo/The Great Wakkorotti: The Holiday Concert/Toy Shop Terror/Yakko's Universe" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0513202/)
Aqua Teen Hunger Force - S01E17 - "Mail Order Bride" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0514076/)
Aqua Teen Hunger Force - S01E18 - "Cybernetic Ghost of Christmas Past from the Future" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0514063/)
Aqua Teen Hunger Force - S07E01 - "A PE Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1589645/)
Are You Being Served - S03E09 - "Christmas Crackers" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0514486/)
Are You Being Served - S04E07 - "The Father Christmas Affair" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0514531/)
Arrested Development - S01E07 - "In Gob We Trust" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0515221/)
Arrested Development - S02E06 - "Afternoon Delight" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0515207/)
Barney Miller - S03E10 - "Christmas Story" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0519009/)
Barney Miller - S08E07 - "Homeless" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0519045/)
Batman: The Animated Series - S01E38 - "Christmas With the Joker" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0519578/)
Becker - S02E12 - "Santa on Ice" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0520630/)
Becker - S03E09 - "Dr. Angry Head" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0520582/)
Becker - S04E10 - "The Ghost of Christmas Presents" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0520654/)
Becker - S05E10 - "Chris-Mess" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0520571/)
Ben 10 - S03E04 - "Merry Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0951436/)
The Bernie Mac Show - S01E07 - "A Christmas Story" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0521841/)
The Bernie Mac Show - S03E03 - "Road to Tradition" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0521904/)
The Beverly Hillbillies - S01E13 - "Home for Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0522497/)
The Beverly Hillbillies - S02E14 - "Christmas at the Clampetts" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0522440/)
The Beverly Hillbillies - S05E15 - "The Christmas Present" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0522584/)
The Beverly Hillbillies - S07E14 - "Christmas in Hooterville" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0522441/)
Beverly Hills, 90210 - S02E18 - "A Walsh Family Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0522728/)
Beverly Hills, 90210 - S03E15 - "It's a Totally Happening Life" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0522845/)
Beverly Hills, 90210 - S04E15 - "Somewhere in the World It's Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0522919/)
Beverly Hills, 90210 - S05E15 - "Christmas Comes This Time Each Year" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0522763/)
Beverly Hills, 90210 - S06E15 - "Angels We Have Heard on High" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0522741/)
Beverly Hills, 90210 - S07E13 - "Gift Wrapped" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0522811/)
Beverly Hills, 90210 - S08E14 - "Santa Knows" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0522903/)
Beverly Hills, 90210 - S09E10 - "Marathon Man" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0522862/)
Beverly Hills, 90210 - S10E12 - "Nine Yolks Whipped Lightly" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0522875/)
Bewitched - S01E15 - "A Vision of Sugar Plums" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0523045/)
Bewitched - S04E16 - "Humbug Not to Be Spoken Here" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0523100/)
Bewitched - S06E14 - "Santa Comes to Visit and Stays and Stays" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0523212/)
The Bob Newhart Show - S01E14 - "His Busiest Season" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0528376/)
The Bob Newhart Show - S02E15 - "I'm Dreaming of a Slight Chrismtas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0528379/)
The Bob Newhart Show - S04E15 - "Bob Has to Have His Tonsils Out, So He Spends Christmas Eve in the Hospital" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0528334/)
The Boondocks - S01E07 - "A Huey Freeman Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0530298/)
Boston Legal - S01E08 - "Loose Lips" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0530527/)
Boston Legal - S01E09 - "A Greater Good" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0530510/)
Boston Legal - S01E10 - "Hired Guns" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0530522/)
Boston Legal - S03E10 - "The Nutcrackers" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0836877/)
Boston Legal - S04E10 - "Green Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0993798/)
Boston Public - S01E07 - "Chapter Seven" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0530573/)
Boston Public - S01E08 - "Chapter Eight" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0530541/)
Boston Public - S02E07 - "Chapter Twenty Nine" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0530615/)
Boston Public - S03E08 - "Chapter Fifty Two" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0530556/)
The Brady Bunch - S01E12 - "The Voice of Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0531154/)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer - S03E10 - "Amends" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0533387/)
Camp Lazlo - S05E03 - "Kamp Kringle" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1364538/)
Captain Gallant of the Foreign Legion - S01E36 - "The Boy Who Found Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0536243/)
Cave Kids - S01E08 - "A Cave Kid Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1363150/)
Cheers - S11E11 - "Love Me, Love My Car" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0539799/)
Cheers - S1E12 - "The Spy Who Came in for a Cold One" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0539909/)
Cheers - S2E12 - "Where There's a Will…" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0539928/)
Cheers - S6E12 - "Christmas Cheers" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0539713/)
Class of 3000 - S02E09 - "Class of 3000 Christmas Special" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1225356/)
Coach - S03E12 - "Christmas Brains" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0543500/)
Coach - S05E11 - "My True Love Gave to Me" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0543578/)
Coach - S06E12 - "Christmas of the Van Damned" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0543501/)
Codename: Kids Next Door - S05E05 - "Operation N.A.U.G.H.T.Y." imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0543806/)
Corneil and Bernie - S01E13 - "Santa Paws" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780880/)
The Cosby Show - S06E12 - "Getting to Know You" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0547001/)
The Cosby Show - S08E12 - "Clair's Place" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0546967/)
Courage the Cowardly Dog - S01E10 - "The Snowman Cometh" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0770492/)
Cupid - S01E10 - "Hung Jury" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0551375/)
Curb Your Enthusiasm - S03E09 - "Mary, Joseph and Larry" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0551391/)
Cybill - S03E11 - "A Hell of a Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0551728/)
Danny Phantom - S02E09 - "The Fright Before Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0554454/)
Date with the Angels - S01E26 - "Santa's Helper" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0847251/)
Dawson's Creek - S06E10 - "Merry Mayhem" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0555145/)
Designing Woman - S02E12 - "I'll Be Home For Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0558591/)
Designing Women - S06E11 - "Julia and Mary Jo Get Stuck Under a Bed" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0558597/)
Desperate Housewives - S03E10 - "The Miracle Song" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0888153/)
Dexter's Laboratory - S??E?? - "(Unknown Christmas episode)" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115157/)
Dharma & Greg - S01E12 - "Haus Arrest" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0559041/)
The Dick Van Dyke Show - S03E13 - "The Alan Brady Show Presents" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0559812/)
A Different World - S04E11 - "I'm Dreaming of a Wayne Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0560159/)
A Different World - S05E12 - "Twelve Steps of Chrismas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0560239/)
A Different World - S06E13 - "White Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0560248/)
Diff'rent Strokes - S01E08 - "Retrospective: Part 1" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0875852/)
Diff'rent Strokes - S01E09 - "Retrospective: Part 2" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0875853/)
Diff'rent Strokes - S05E12 - "Santa's Helper" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0560026/)
Doctor Who (2005) - S02E00 - "The Christmas Invasion" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0562994/)
The Donna Reed Show - S01E14 - "A Very Merry Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0564206/)
Doodlebops - S02E22 - "Doodlebops Holiday Show" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1213314/)
Doogie Howser, M.D. - S01E13 - "Doogie The Red-Nosed Reindeer" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0564398/)
Dora the Explorer - S01E28 - "Christmas Special" Tv.com (http://www.tv.com/dora-the-explorer/christmas-special/episode/221783/summary.html?tag=ep_guide;summary)
Dora the Explorer - S02E15 - "A Present for Santa" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0564555/)
Doug - S04E13 - "Doug's Christmas Story" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0801571/)
Due South - S01E10 - "Gift of The Wheelman" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0567038/)
Early Edition - S01E11 - "Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0568417/)
Edd, Edd, n' Eddy - S04E21 - "Ed, Edd 'n Eddy's Jingle Jingle Jangle" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0871611/) Tv.com (http://www.tv.com/ed-edd-nand039-eddy/ed-edd-nand039-eddyand039s-jingle-jingle-jangle/episode/305232/summary.html?tag=ep_guide;summary)
Eight is Enough - S02E13 - "Yes Nicholas, There is a Santa Claus: Part 1" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0569570/)
Eight is Enough - S02E14 - "Yes Nicholas, There is a Santa Claus: Part 2" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0569571/)
Ellen - S02E12 - "The Christmas Show" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0570062/)
Ellen - S03E12 - "Do You Fear What I Fear?" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0570007/)
Ellen - S04E12 - "Fleas Navidad" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0570019/)
The Ellen Show - S01E11 - "Ellen's First Christmess" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0569986/)
The Emperor's New School - - S02E12 - "A Giftmas Story" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1157934/)
ER - S05E10 - "The Miracle Worker" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0568126/)
ER - S06E09 - "How the Finch Stole Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0568009/)
ER - S08E10 - "I'll Be Home for Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0568012/)
ER - S10E10 - "Makemba" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0568037/)
ER - S12E10 - "All About Christmas Eve" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0567921/)
ER - S13E11 - "City of Mercy" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0897597/)
ER - S15E10 - "The High Holiday" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1248506/)
Everybody Hates Chris - S03E10 - "Everybody Hates Kwanzaa" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1032060/)
Everybody Loves Raymond - S01E12 - "The Ball" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0574236/)
Everybody Loves Raymond - S02E12 - "All I Want for Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0574128/)
Everybody Loves Raymond - S03E12 - "The Toaster" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0574263/)
Everybody Loves Raymond - S04E11 - "The Christmas Picture" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0574240/)
Everybody Loves Raymond - S05E11 - "Christmas Present" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0764383/)
Everybody Loves Raymond - S07E11 - "The Thought That Counts" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0764420/)
Everybody Loves Raymond - S08E10 - "Jazz Records" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0764390/)
The Fairly Oddparents - S02E01 - "Christmas Every Day!" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0575679/)
Family Guy - S03E16 - "A Very Special Family Guy Freakin' Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0576913/)
Family Matters - S02E13 - "Have Yourself a Very Winslow Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0577120/)
Family Matters - S04E10 - "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Urkel" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0577132/)
Family Matters - S05E11 - "Christmas Is Where the Heart Is" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0577089/)
Family Matters - S06E11 - "Miracle on Elm Street" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0836130/)
Family Matters - S07E11 - "Fa La La La Laagghh!" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0577104/)
Family Matters - S08E13 - "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0577133/)
Family Ties - S01E11 - "A Christmas Story" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0577267/)
Family Ties - S02E09 - "A Keaton Christmas Carol" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0577268/)
Family Ties - S06E19 - "Miracle in Columbus" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0577345/)
Felicity - S01E10 - "Finally" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0578674/)
Felicity - S02E09 - "Portraits" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0578699/)
The Flintstones - S05E15 - "Christmas Flintstone" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0580153/)
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends - S03E10 - "A Lost Clause" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0771742/)
Frank TV - S01E05 - "Frankincense and Myrrh" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1083901/)
Frasier - S01E12 - "Miracle on Third or Fourth Street" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0582453/)
Frasier - S03E09 - "Frasier Grinch" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0582405/)
Frasier - S05E09 - "Perspectives on Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0582473/)
Frasier - S06E10 - "Merry Christmas, Mrs. Moskowitz" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0582452/)
Frasier - S07E11 - "The Fight Before Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0582526/)
Frasier - S08E08 - "Mary Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0582450/)
Frasier - S10E10 - "We Two Kings" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0582578/)
Frasier - S11E11 - "High Holidays" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0582425/)
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - S01E15 - "Deck the Halls" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0582961/)
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - S02E13 - "Christmas Show" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0582955/)
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - S04E13 - "'Twas the Night Before Christening" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0582933/)
Friends - S02E09 - "The One with Phoebe's Dad" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0583537/)
Friends - S03E10 - "The One Where Rachel Quits" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0583474/)
Friends - S04E10 - "The One with the Girl from Poughkeepsie" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0583611/)
Friends - S05E10 - "The One with the Inappropriate Sister" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0583617/)
Friends - S05E11 - "The One with All the Resolutions" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0583511/)
Friends - S06E10 - "The One with the Routine" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0583641/)
Friends - S07E10 - "The One with the Holiday Armadillo" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0583613/)
Friends - S08E11 - "The One with Ross's Step Forward" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0583594/)
Friends - S09E10 - "The One with Christmas in Tulsa" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0583518/)
Full House - S02E09 - "Our Very First Christmas Show" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0584185/)
Full House - S06E12 - "A Very Tanner Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0776056/)
Full House - S07E13 - "The Perfect Couple" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0584228/)
Full House - S08E11 - "Arrest Ye Merry Gentlemen" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0584102/)
Futurama - S02E08 - "Xmas Story" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0584465/)
Futurama - S04E02 - "A Tale of Two Santas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0584429/)
The Game - S02E10 - "The Ghost of Derwin Past" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1032075/)
The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show - S01E06 - "Live Show #6" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1696344/)
The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show - S02E07 - "Live Show #33" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0824950/)
The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show - S06E12 - "Company for Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1536298/)
The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show - S07E15 - "Christmas in Jail" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1509078/)
The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show - S08E13 - "The Old Mink Coat" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1523189/)
George Lopez - S02E11 - "Meet the Cuban Parents" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0587228/)
George Lopez - S03E12 - "Christmas Punch" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0587182/)
George Lopez - S04E10 - "A Clear and Presentless Danger" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0587174/)
George of the Jungle (2007) - S02E10 - "Jungle Bells/The Goat of Christmas Presents" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1195533/)
Gilmore Girls - S01E10 - "Forgiveness and Stuff" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0588141/)
Gilmore Girls - S07E11 - "Santa's Secret Stuff" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0901985/)
Girlfriends - S07E10 - "I'll Have a Blue Line Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0917009/)
Girlfriends - S08E10 - "Deck the Halls With Bags and Folly" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1032089/)
The Golden Girls - S02E11 - "'Twas the Nightmare Before Chrsitmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0589703/)
The Golden Girls - S05E12 - "Have Yourself a Very Little Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0589756/)
Good Times - S02E13 - "Sometimes There's No Bottom to the Bottle" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0590895/)
Good Times - S05E12 - "Penny's Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0590890/)
Good Times - S06E12 - "The Traveling Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0590935/)
Gossip Girl - S01E11 - "Roman Holiday" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1036064/)
Grace Under Fire - S01E11 - "Keeping the faith" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0591729/)
Grace Under Fire - S04E12 - "A Holly Jolly Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0591677/)
Grace Under Fire - S05E04 - "Mother Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0591736/)
Green Acres - S02E13 - "An Old-Fashioned Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0592671/)
Grim & Evil - S05E07 - "Billy & Mandy Save Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0592980/)
Grounded for Life - S02E07 - "I Saw Daddy Hitting Santa Claus" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0593134/)
Growing Pains - S01E12 - "A Christmas Story" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0593211/)
Growing Pains - S02E09 - "The Kid" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0593329/)
Gunsmoke - S17E15 - "P.S. Murray Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0594302/)
Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - S03E12 - "Christmas Show" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0595833/)
Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - S04E11 - "Christmas '95" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0595832/)
Happy Days - S02E11 - "Guess Who's Coming to Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0596222/)
Happy Days - S06E16 - "Christmas Time" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0596171/)
Happy Days - S08E06 - "White Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0793885/)
Happy Days - S10E10 - "All I Want for Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0596147/)
Happy Tree Friends - S01E19 - "Tongue Twister Trouble" Tv.com (http://www.tv.com/happy-tree-friends/tongue-twister-trouble/episode/920664/summary.html?tag=ep_guide;summary)
Happy Tree Friends - S01E25 - "Snow What? That's What!" Tv.com (http://www.tv.com/happy-tree-friends/snow-what-thatand039s-what!/episode/920674/summary.html?tag=ep_guide;summary)
Happy Tree Friends - S01E37 - "A Class Act" Tv.com (http://www.tv.com/happy-tree-friends/class-act/episode/920821/summary.html?tag=ep_guide;summary)
Happy Tree Friends - S01E43 - "Out on a Limb" Tv.com (http://www.tv.com/happy-tree-friends/out-on-a-limb/episode/923966/summary.html?tag=ep_guide;summary)
Happy Tree Friends - S01E50 - "Stealing the Spotlight" Tv.com (http://www.tv.com/happy-tree-friends/stealing-the-spotlight/episode/928096/summary.html?tag=ep_guide;summary)
Happy Tree Friends - S01E51 - "Ski Ya Wouldn't Wanna Be Ya" Tv.com (http://www.tv.com/happy-tree-friends/ski-ya-wouldnand039t-want-to-be-ya/episode/928098/summary.html?tag=ep_guide;summary)
Happy Tree Friends - S03E03 - "We're Scrooged" Tv.com (http://www.tv.com/happy-tree-friends/weand039re-scrooged!/episode/1154054/summary.html?tag=ep_guide;summary)
Hazel - S01E12 - "Hazel's Christmas Shopping" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0598505/)
Hazel - S04E15 - "Just 86 Shopping Minutes to Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0598513/)
Hey Arnold! - S01E19 - "Arnold's Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0600738/)
Higglytown Heroes - S01E12 - "Twinkle's Wish" Tv.com (http://www.tv.com/higglytown-heroes/twinkleand039s-wish/episode/324222/summary.html?tag=ep_guide;summary)
Higglytown Heroes - S03E18 - "'Tis the Season to be Ducky" Tv.com (http://www.tv.com/higglytown-heroes/and039tis-the-season-to-be-ducky--bingo-bongos/episode/1154759/summary.html?tag=ep_guide;summary)
Highway to Heaven - S01E13 - "Another Song for Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0601530/)
Highway to Heaven - S03E13 - "Basinger's New York" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0601533/)
Highway to Heaven - S04E12 - "With love, the Claus" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0601617/)
Highway to Heaven - S05E13 - "Merry Christmas from Grandpa" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0601570/)
Home Improvement - S01E12 - "Yule Better Watch Out" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0603593/)
Home Improvement - S02E12 - "I'm Scheming of a White Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0603479/)
Home Improvement - S03E12 - "'Twas the Blight Before Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0603404/)
Home Improvement - S03E13 - "Slip Sleddin' Away" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0603530/)
Home Improvement - S04E11 - "Some Like It Hot Rod" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0603531/)
Home Improvement - S04E12 - "'Twas the Night Before Chaos" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0603406/)
Home Improvement - S05E12 - "'Twas The Flight Before Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0603405/)
Home Improvement - S07E11 - "Bright Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0603438/)
Home Improvement - S08E11 - "Home for the Holidays" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0603476/)
Homicide: Life on the Street - S03E08 - "All Through the House" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0604336/)
Hope & Faith - S03E11 - "Christmas Time" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0604811/)
How I met your Mother - S02E11 - "How Lily Stole Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0904645/)
I Am Weasel - S01E10 - "Happy Baboon Holidays" Tv.com (http://www.tv.com/i-am-weasel/happy-baboon-holidays/episode/170317/summary.html?tag=ep_guide;summary)
I Am Weasel - S05E10 - "I.R.'s First Bike" Tv.com (http://www.tv.com/i-am-weasel/i.r.and039s-first-bike/episode/170372/summary.html?tag=ep_guide;summary)
I Love Lucy - S06E11 - "The I Love Lucy Christmas Show" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0609348/)
Invader ZIM - S02E15 - "The Most Horrible Xmas Ever" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0825583/)
It's Garry Shandling's Show - S02E08 - "It's Garry Shandling's Christmas Show" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0612837/)
The Jack Benny Show - S05E06 - "Jack Does Christmas Shopping" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0613613/)
The Jack Benny Show - S08E07 - "Christmas Shopping Show" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0613545/)
The Jack Benny Show - S09E08 - "Christmas Gift Exchange" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0613543/)
The Jack Benny Show - S11E09 - "Christmas Show" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0613546/)
The Jack Benny Show - S12E10 - "Christmas Party" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0613544/)
Jackie Chan Adventures - S03E10 - "A Jolly J-Team X-Mas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0613910/)
The Jeffersons - S03E12 - "The Christmas Wedding" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0614968/)
The Jeffersons - S04E15 - "984 W. 124th Street, Apt. 5C" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0614792/)
The Jeffersons - S05E12 - "George Finds a Father" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0614845/)
The Jeffersons - S07E08 - "All I Want for Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0614807/)
The Jeffersons - S10E10 - "Father Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0614833/)
Joey - S01E12 - "Joey and the Plot Twist" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0616310/)
Joey - S02E13 - "Joey and the Christmas Party" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0616296/)
Johnny and the Sprites - S02E13 - "A Very Spritely Holiday" Tv.com (http://www.tv.com/johnny-and-the-sprites/a-very-spritely-holiday--a-sprites-snow-day/episode/1152456/summary.html?tag=ep_guide;summary)
Johnny Bravo - S01E05 - "'Twas the Night" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0616715/)
Johnny Bravo - S03E16 - "A Johnny Bravo Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0616705/)
Journeyman - S01E11 - "Home by Another Way" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1036111/)
Just Shoot Me - S02E09 - "Jesus, It's Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0617920/)
Just Shoot Me - S03E10 - "How the Finch Stole Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0617913/)
Just Shoot Me - S06E09 - "Christmas? Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0617882/)
Justice League - S02E23 - "Comfort and Joy" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0618128/)
Keenan & Kel - S01E10 - "Merry Christmas, Kenan" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0821301/)
Kim Possible - S02E15 - "Very Possible Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0619768/)
The King of Queens - S01E11 - "Noel Cowards" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0620117/)
The King of Queens - S02E12 - "Net Prophets" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0765908/)
The King of Queens - S04E12 - "Ovary Action" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0620119/)
The King of Queens - S05E11 - "Mentalo Case" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0620109/)
The King of Queens - S06E11 - "Santa Claustrophobia" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0620146/)
The King of Queens - S07E07 - "Silent Mite" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0620153/)
The King of Queens - S08E11 - "Baker's Doesn't" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0620025/)
King of the Hill - S02E11 - "The Unbearable Blindness of Laying" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0620325/)
King of the Hill - S03E09 - "Pretty, Pretty Dresses" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0620291/)
King of the Hill - S05E08 - "'Twas the Nut Before Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0620188/)
King of the Hill - S06E04 - "The Father, the Son and J.C." imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0620312/)
King of the Hill - S08E07 - "Livin' on Reds, Vitamin C and Propane" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0620260/)
King of the Hill - S09E02 - "Ms. Wakefield" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0620270/)
Lazytown - S01E29 - " Lazytown's Surprise Santa" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0853829/)
Little Einsteins - S01E15 - "The Christmas Wish" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0996097/)
Little House on the Prarie - S01E15 - "Christmas at Plum Creek" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0794900/)
Little House on the Prarie - S03E11 - "Blizzard" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0632981/)
Little House on the Prarie - S08E11 - "A Christmas They Never Forgot" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0632961/)
Little People, Big World - S01E11 - "Merry Little Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0802742/)
Living Single - S01E15 - "Living Kringle" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0634060/)
M*A*S*H - S07E14 - "Dear Sis" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0638290/)
M*A*S*H - S09E05 - "Death Takes a Holiday" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0638292/)
M*A*S*H - S10E09 - "'Twas the Day After Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0638236/)
Mad About You - E01E11 - "Met Someone" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0638899/)
MADtv - S12E09 - "Holiday Show '06" Tv.com (http://www.tv.com/madtv/episode-1209/episode/933937/summary.html?tag=ep_guide;summary)
Malcolm in the Middle - S03E07 - "Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0640302/)
Malcolm in the Middle - S05E07 - "Christmas Trees" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0640303/)
Malcolm in the Middle - S06E06 - "Hal's Christmas Gift" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0640334/)
Mama's Family - S06E14 - "Mama Gets Goosed" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0918783/)
Married with Children - S02E13 - "You Better Watch Out" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0642437/)
Married with Children - S04E11 - "It's a Bundyful Life Part 1" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0642303/)
Married with Children - S04E12 - "It's a Bundyful Life Part 2" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0642304/)
Married with Children - S07E12 - "Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0642248/)
Married with Children - S08E13 - "The Worst Noel" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0809290/)
Married with Children - S10E14 - "I Can't Believe it's Butter" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0642294/)
Married with Children - S11E08 - "God Help Ye Merry Bundymen" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0642278/)
Martin Mystery - S01E10 - "Eternal Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0921449/)
Mary Tyler Moore - S01E14 - "Christmas and the Hard Luck Kid II" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0642806/)
Matlock - S01E12 - "Santa Claus" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0643945/)
Matlock - S04E13 - "The Scrooge" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0644081/)
Meet Corliss Archer - S01E39 - "The Christmas Story" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0837383/)
Millennium - S02E10 - "Midnight of the Century" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0648245/)
Minuscule - S04E19 - "Come Christmas" link (http://www.ovguide.com/tv_episode/minuscule-season-4-episode-19-come-christmas-344717)
Miss Match - S01E10 - "Santa, Baby" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0649165/)
Moesha - S04E09 - "A Class Act Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0394793/)
Monk - S04E09 - "Mr. Monk and the Secret Santa" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0650650/)
Monk - S06E10 - "Mr. Monk and the Man Who Shot Santa Claus" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1111043/)
The Monkees - S02E15 - "The Christmas Show" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0650704/)
Moonlighting - S02E10 - "Twas the Episode Before Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0651100/)
Moonlighting - S03E08 - "It's a Wonderful Job" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0651064/)
Moral Orel - S01E01 - "The Best Christmas Ever" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0651111/)
Mork & Mindy - S01E12 - "Mork's First Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0651235/)
Mr. Bean - S01E07 - "Merry Christmas Mr. Bean" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0365495/)
Murder, She Wrote - S09E09 - "A Christmas Secret" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0653442/)
Murphy Brown - S01E05 - "Murphy's Pony" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0653828/)
Murphy Brown - S05E12 - "I'm Dreaming of a Brown Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0653794/)
My Name is Earl - S01E10 - "White Lie Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0654819/)
My Name is Earl - S03E12 - "Early Release" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1031427/)
My So-Called Life - S01E15 - "So-Called Angels" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0654961/)
The Nanny - S01E07 - "Christmas Episode" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0657241/)
The Nanny - S01E15 - "Schlepped Away" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0657299/)
The Nanny - S03E14 - "Oy to the World" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0300247/)
The New Batman Adventures - S01E01 - "Holiday Knights" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0519694/)
The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries - S01E13 - "A Nutcracker Scoob" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1183445/)
Newsradio - S02E10 - "Xmas Story" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0660245/)
Newsradio - S03E10 - "Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0660181/)
Newsradio - S04E08 - "Stupid Holiday Charity Talent Show" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0660228/)
Night Court - S009E11 - "Santa on the Lam" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0660712/)
Night Court - S01E02 - "Santa Goes Downtown" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0660711/)
Night Court - S05E11 - "Let it Snow" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0660668/)
Night Court - S06E09 - "The Night Court Before Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0660738/)
Northern Exposure - S03E10 - "Seoul Mates" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0662389/)
Nowhere Man - S01E12 - "It's Not Such a Wonderful Life" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0663098/)
The Office (UK) - S03E01 - "Christmas Special: Part 1" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0664502/)
The Office (UK) - S03E02 - "Christmas Special: Part 2" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0664503/)
The Office (US) - S02E10 - "Christmas Party" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0664513/)
The Office (US) - S03E10 - "A Benihana Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0908674/)
The Office (US) - S05E10 - "Moroccan Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1248733/)
The Office (US) - S06E12 - "Secret Santa" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1548747/)
The Office (US) - S07E10 - "Classy Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1752584/)
One on One - S01E12 - "Santa Baby" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0666426/)
Parks and Recreation - S02E12 - "Christmas Scandal" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1545370/)
Partners - S01E12 - "Fourteen Minutes" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0670103/)
Perfect Strangers - S02E11 - "A Christmas Story" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0672912/)
Picket Fences - S02E07 - "Cross Examination" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0674678/)
Picket Fences - S02E09 - "Blue Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0674672/)
Picket Fences - S1E11 - "Pageantry" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0674709/)
Picket Fences - S1E12 - "High Tidings" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0674700/)
Pink Panther - S01E13 - "The Hand is Pinker Than the Eye" Tv.com (http://www.tv.com/the-pink-panther-show/the-hand-is-pinker-than-the-eye--pink-outs/episode/250455/summary.html?tag=ep_guide;summary)
The Pink Panther Show - S02E18 - "The Pink Panther at Chrismas" Tv.com (http://www.tv.com/the-pink-panther-show/the-pink-panther-at-christmas/episode/323655/summary.html?tag=ep_guide;summary)
Pinky and the Brain - S01E12 - "A Pinky and the Brain Christmas" Tv.com (http://www.tv.com/pinky-and-the-brain/a-pinky-and-the-brain-christmas/episode/130261/summary.html?tag=ep_guide;summary)
The PowerPuff Girls - S05E01 - "Twas the Fight Before Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0677577/) Tv.com (http://www.tv.com/the-powerpuff-girls/and039twas-the-fight-before-christmas/episode/262570/summary.html?tag=ep_guide;summary)
The Pretender - S01E08 - "Not Even a Mouse" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0678103/)
Psych - S02E10 - "Gus' Dad May Have Killed an Old Guy" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1154545/)
Psych - S03E09 - "Christmas Joy" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1189431/)
Quads! - S01E05 - "Christmas Holidaze" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1104495/)
Quantum Leap - S03E10 - "A Little Miracle - December 24, 1962" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0681099/)
Quantum Leap - S05E11 - "Promised Land - December 22, 1971" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0681156/)
Racket Squad - S03E15 - "The Christmas Caper" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0682260/)
Reba - S02E10 - "Cookies for Santa" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0683876/)
The Ren & Stimpy Show - S02E07 - "Son of Stimpy" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1011884/)
The Ren & Stimpy Show - S05E11 - "A Scooter for Yaksmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1163650/)
Robot Chicken - S01E21 - "Robot Chicken Christmas Special" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0786216/)
Robot Chicken - S03E14 - "Robot Chicken Half-Assed Christmas Special" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1154571/)
Robot Chicken - S04E20 - "Dear Consumer" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1568576/)
Rocko's Modern Life - S02E06 - "Rocko's Modern Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0977539/)
Roseanne - S04E12 - "Santa Claus" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0688866/)
Roseanne - S05E12 - "It's No Place Like Home for the Holidays" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0688819/)
Roseanne - S06E12 - "White Trash Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0688941/)
Roseanne - S07E12 - "The Parenting Trap" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0688909/)
Roseanne - S09E12 - "Home for the Holidays" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0688805/)
Roswell - S02E10 - "A Roswell Christmas Carol" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0690247/)
Roswell - S03E09 - "Samuel Rising" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0690286/)
Rugrats - S02E14 - "The Santa Experience" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1151694/)
Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - S01E11 - "A Girl and Her Cat" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0693021/)
Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - S02E12 - "Sabrina Claus" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0693100/)
Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - S03E11 - "Christmas Amnesia" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0693033/)
Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - S04E12 - "Sabrina Nipping at Your Nose" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0693120/)
Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - S05E10 - "Sabrina's Perfect Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0693118/)
Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - S07E09 - "It's a Hot, Hot, Hot, Hot Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0693069/)
Sanford and Son - S05E12 - "Ebenezer Sanford" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0694082/)
Saved by the Bell - S03E24 - "Home for Christmas: Part 1" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0695197/)
Saved by the Bell - S03E25 - "Home for Christmas: Part 2" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0695198/)
Scarecrow and Mrs. King - S01E10 - "The Long Christmas Eve" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0695523/)
Scarecrow and Mrs. King - S04E11 - "Santa's Got a Brand New Bag" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0695504/)
Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! - S01E17 - "That's Snow Ghost" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0907043/)
Scrubs - S01E11 - "My Own Personal Jesus" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0696619/)
Sealab 2021 - S02E11 - "Feast of Alvis" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0696968/)
The Secret Show - S02E09 - "Secret Santa" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1548505/)
Seinfeld - S03E12 - "The Red Dot (??)" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0697765/)
Seinfeld - S04E13 - "The Pick" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0697752/)
Seinfeld - S06E10 - "The Race" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0697763/)
Seinfeld - S07E10 - "The Gum (??)" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0697705/)
Silver Spoons - S01E13 - "The Best Christmas Ever" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0700792/)
Silver Spoons - S03E11 - "Twas the Night Before Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1058420/)
The Simpsons - S01E01 - "Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0348034/)
The Simpsons - S04E09 - "Mr. Plow" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0701184/)
The Simpsons - S07E11 - "Marge Be Not Proud" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0701062/)
The Simpsons - S09E10 - "Miracle on Evergreen Terrace" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0701176/)
The Simpsons - S11E09 - "Grift of the Magi" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0701101/)
The Simpsons - S12E08 - "Skinner's Sense of Snow" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0762498/)
The Simpsons - S13E06 - "She of Little Faith" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0701206/)
The Simpsons - S14E18 - "Dude, Where's My Ranch?" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0701090/)
The Simpsons - S15E07 - "'Tis the Fifteenth Season" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0789632/)
The Simpsons - S17E09 - "Simpsons Christmas Stories" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0782576/)
The Simpsons - S18E09 - "Kill Gil, Volumes I & II" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0893217/)
The Simpsons - S22E08 - "The Fight Before Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1628667/)
Sister, Sister - S03E12 - "Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0701706/)
Six Feet Under - S01E01 - "Pilot" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0702006/)
Six Feet Under - S02E08 - "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0702020/)
Sliders - S03E12 - "Season's Greedings" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0702763/)
The Sopranos - S03E10 - "To Save Us All From Satan's Power" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0705287/)
The Sopranos - S06E12 - "Kaisha" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0793256/)
South Park - S01E09 - "Mr. Hankey, the Christmas Poo" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0705945/)
South Park - S02E16 - "Merry Christmas, Charlie Manson!" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0705942/)
South Park - S03E15 - "Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0705944/)
South Park - S04E17 - "A Very Crappy Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0705892/)
South Park - S06E17 - "Red Sleigh Down" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0766085/)
South Park - S07E15 - "It's Christmas in Canada" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0705936/)
South Park - S08E14 - "Woodland Critter Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0705984/)
Spin City - S01E12 - "Criss Cross" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0707007/)
Spin City - S02E12 - "Miracle Near 34th Street" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0707045/)
Spin City - S03E12 - "Monkey Business" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0707046/)
Spin City - S04E12 - "My Dinner With Caitlin" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0707048/)
Spin City - S05E10 - "Toy Story" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0707112/)
Spin City - S06E12 - "An Office and a Gentleman" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0706994/)
SpongeBob SquarePants - S02E05 - "Patchy the Pirate Presents the SpongeBob SquarePants Christmas Special" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0707305/)
Sports Night - S01E11 - "The Six Southern Gentlemen of Tennessee" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0707456/)
Sports Night - S02E08 - "The Reunion" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0707455/)
Squidbillies - S02E14 - "Rebel with a Claus" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1145193/)
Step by Step - S03E11 - "Christmas Story" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0709957/)
Step by Step - S04E12 - "I'll Be Home for Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0709985/)
Step by Step - S05E11 - "The Flight Before Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0710049/)
Still Standing - S02E11 - "Still Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0710351/)
Still Standing - S04E09 - "Still Avoiding Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0710340/)
Stroker and Hoop - S01E10 - "I Saw Stroker Killing Santa" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0876058/)
Supernatural - S03E08 - "A Very Supernatural Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1032140/)
TailSpin - S01E43 - "A Jolly Molly Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1125731/)
Tales From the Darkside - S03E11 - "Seasons of Belief" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0716972/)
Taxi - S01E13 - "A Full House for Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0718454/)
That '70's Show - S01E12 - "The Best Christmas Ever" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0720179/)
That '70's Show - S03E09 - "Hyde's Christmas Rager" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0720105/)
That '70's Show - S04E12 - "An Eric Forman Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0720048/)
That '70's Show - S06E07 - "Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0720063/)
That '70's Show - S07E11 - "Winter" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0720208/)
Three's Company - S02E14 - "Three's Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0794988/)
Thugs on Film - S01E17 - "Christmas Special 1999" Clicker.com (http://www.clicker.com/web/thugs-on-film/Christmas-Special-1999-60515/)
Thugs on Film - S91E46 - "The Grinch" Clicker.com (http://www.clicker.com/web/thugs-on-film/The-Grinch-60563/)
The Tick - S02E10 - "The Tick Loves Santa!" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0854980/)
Titus - S03E06 - "Houseboat" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0724028/)
Tom Goes the Mayor - S01E05 - "Rats Off to Ya" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0726062/)
Tru Calling - S02E06 - "Twas the Night Before Christmas... Again" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0733914/)
Tucker - S01E06 - "Homewrecker for the Holidays" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0734100/)
The Twilight Zone (1959) - S02E11 - "Night of the Meek" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0734666/)
The Twilight Zone (1959) - S03E37 - "The Changing of the Guard" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0734634/)
The Twilight Zone (1985) - S01E13 - "Night of the Meek" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0734723/)
Two and a Half Men - S04E11 - "Walnuts and Demerol" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0908937/)
Two of a Kind - S01E11 - "A Very Carrie Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0768295/)
Tyler Perry's House of Payne - S??E?? - "Oh Christmas Payne" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1564667/)
Tyler Perry's House of Payne - S02E40 - "The Wench Who Saved Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1151087/)
Ugly Betty - S01E09 - "Lose the Boss?" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0900847/)
Ugly Betty - S01E10 - "Fake Plastic Snow" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0909789/)
Veggie Tales - S01E18 - "The Toy That Saved Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0284614/)
The Venture Brothers - S01E14 - "A Very Venture Brothers Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0739347/)
Veronica Mars - S01E10 - "An Echolls Family Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0739514/)
Veronica Mars - S02E10 - "One Angry Veronica" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0739536/)
Voyagers! - S01E11 - "Merry Christmas, Bogg" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0742362/)
The Waltons - S01E00 - "The Homecoming: A Christmas Story" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067209/)
The Waltons - S05E12 - "The Best Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0743685/)
The Waltons - S06E11 - "The Waltons - "The Children's Carol"" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0743709/)
Wayside - S01E19 - "Wayside Christmas" Tv.com (http://www.tv.com/wayside/wayside-christmas-extra-curricular-ridicular/episode/1153098/summary.html?tag=ep_guide;summary)
The Weird Al Show - S01E12 - "The Obligitory Holiday Episode" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0745270/)
Welcome Back Kotter - S03E15 - "Sweathog Christmas Special" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0766057/)
Welcome Back Kotter - S04E13 - "A Winter's Coat Tale" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0745376/)
The West Wing - S01E10 - "In Excelsis Deo" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0745635/)
The West Wing - S02E10 - "Noël" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0745664/)
The West Wing - S05E09 - "Abu el Banat" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0745592/)
What's Happening - S01E09 - "Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0746254/)
What's Happening - S03E10 - "Positive Identification" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0746278/)
What's New, Scooby Doo? - S??E?? - "Scooby-Doo Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0747083/)
Where's Raymond? - S01E12 - "Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0856754/)
Where's Raymond? - S02E15 - "Father for a Day" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0979217/)
Will & Grace - S04E11 - "Jingle Balls" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0748815/)
Will & Grace - S05E11 - "All About Christmas Eve" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0748744/)
Will & Grace - S06E10 - "Fanilow" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0748782/)
Will & Grace - S07E12 - "Christmas Break" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0748763/)
Will & Grace - S08E09 - "A Little Christmas Queer" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0748736/)
Wings - S02E11 - "A Terminal Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0749204/)
Wings - S07E10 - "'Twas the Heist Before Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0749196/)
Wings - S08E11 - "All About Christmas Eve" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0749207/)
WKRP in Cincinnati - S02E11 - "Jennifer's Home for Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0742639/)
WKRP in Cincinnati - S03E07 - "Bah, Humbug" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0742610/)
The Wonder Pets! - S01E11 - "Save the Reindeer" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0918420/)
The Wonder Years - S02E03 - "Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0750296/)
The Wonder Years - S04E07 - "The Ties that Bind" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0750385/)
The Wonder Years - S04E09 - "A Very Cutlip Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0750287/)
The Wonder Years - S05E09 - "Christmas Party" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0750297/)
The Wonder Years - S06E10 - "Let Nothing You Dismay" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0750330/)
Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! - S01E22 - "O Figgety-Fig Tree; Snow Day" Tv.com (http://www.tv.com/wow!-wow!-wubbzy!/o-figgity-fig-tree-snow-day/episode/1158237/summary.html?tag=ep_guide;summary)
The X-Files - S05E06 - "Christmas Carol" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0751090/)
The X-Files - S05E07 - "Emily" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0751111/)
The X-Files - S06E06 - "How the Ghosts Stole Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0751138/)
Yes, Dear - S01E11 - "All I Want for Christmas Is My Dead Uncle's Cash" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0751700/)
Yes, Dear - S02E11 - "The Complicated Plot" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0751697/)
Yo Gabba Gabba! - S01E14 - "Christmas" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1172024/)

Numes
11-13-10, 05:57 PM
**TV Shows Complete**

New Years
3rd Rock From the Sun - S04E09 - "Happy New Dick!" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0502680/)
Adventures of Pete & Pete - S01E11 - "New Year's Pete" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0506140/)
Davey and Goliath - S02E102 - "The New Years Promise" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1334907/) Tv.com (http://www.tv.com/davey-and-goliath/new-year-promise/episode/188816/summary.html?tag=ep_guide;summary)
Dilbert - S01E10 - "Y2K" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0974089/)
Ellen - S04E13 - "Alone Again... Naturally" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0570004/)
Family Guy - S02E03 - "Da Boom" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0576925/)
Friends - S01E10 - "The One with the Monkey" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0583630/)
Friends - S05E11 - "The One with All the Resolutions" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0583511/)
Friends - S06E10 - "The One with the Routine" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0583641/)
Full House - S04E13 - "Happy New Year" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0584149/)
Futurama - S01E01 - "Space Pilot 3000" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0584449/)
How I met your Mother - S01E11 - "The Limo" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0606114/)
King of the Hill - S04E10 - "Hillenium" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0764022/)
Mad About You - E02E10 - "New Year's Eve" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0638911/)
Millennium - S02E10 - "Midnight of the Century" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0648245/)
My So-Called Life - S01E16 - "Resolutions" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0654959/)
Ned and Stacey - S01E14 - "New Year's Eve" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0658113/)
The New Batman Adventures - S01E01 - "Holiday Knights" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0519694/)
Partners - S01E13 - "They Year of Bob?" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0670112/)
Partners - S01E13 - "The Year of Bob" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0670112/)
South Park - S03E16 - "Are You There God? It's Me, Jesus" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0763045/)

Hannukah/Chanukah
Rugrats - S04E01 - "Chanukah " imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1159155/)

Kwanzaa
Everybody Hates Chris - S03E10 - "Everybody Hates Kwanzaa" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1032060/)
The Proud Family - S01E11 - "Seven Days of Kwanzaa" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0680047/)

Festivus
Seinfeld - S09E10 - "The Strike" imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0697790/)

The Monkees
11-13-10, 10:04 PM
Family Ties had another Christmas episode in season 6 entitled "Miracle in Columbus" (ep 6.17).

Also 2 episodes of Futurama: Xmas Story and The Tale of Two Santas

And there was a New Years episode of Family Guy entitled "Da Boom".

Just a few more titles for your list! :)

Numes
11-13-10, 10:13 PM
Family Ties had another Christmas episode in season 6 entitled "Miracle in Columbus" (ep 6.17).

Also 2 episodes of Futurama: Xmas Story and The Tale of Two Santas

And there was a New Years episode of Family Guy entitled "Da Boom".

Just a few more titles for your list! :)

Thanks. The lists aren't quite complete yet, especially the Christmas ones since I am combining lists.

For anyone who is interested, I'm taking my previous lists, and as I put the IMDB links in, I am going ahead and searching for "Thanksgiving" and "Christmas" in each show just to see if there were any not there. I am going ahead and adding titles for which the synopsis sounds like an applicable episode, but for 95% of them, I haven't seen that show/episode. If I have any errors, let me know.

More to come!

KaBluie
11-13-10, 10:37 PM
Here's a couple of my favs:

Hope & Gloria - S2E10 "The Dupree Family Christmas"
It's Garry Shandling's Show - S2E08 "It's Garry Shandling's Christmas Show"

The Monkees
11-13-10, 10:40 PM
I'm also making a list and will let you know if I have any you don't.

Also, as I was thinking about it, technically the pilot episode of "Futurama" would count since the first part takes place on December 31, 1999 and the remainder of the episode takes place on January 1, 3000 so it takes place on New Years Eve and New Years Day. Never really thought of that beforehand though.

Numes
11-14-10, 12:07 AM
I'm also making a list and will let you know if I have any you don't.

Also, as I was thinking about it, technically the pilot episode of "Futurama" would count since the first part takes place on December 31, 1999 and the remainder of the episode takes place on January 1, 3000 so it takes place on New Years Eve and New Years Day. Never really thought of that beforehand though.

Yeah, the titles that take place during the holidays is a tricky one. My own guideline is that if it isn't directly addressing the holidays, but "takes place during the holiday," it must at least be overtly noticeable/referenced that it is during a holiday.

An example would be Gremlins. That is obviously during Christmas. They reference it in the movie multiple times. However, on the flip side, you get a title like First Blood. First Blood does take place during the Christmas timeframe, but the only reference to it is (I believe) one scene where you see a Christmas tree. They make no reference to it and it is not a part of the story at all. I would count Gremlins and not count First Blood.

Trevor
11-14-10, 01:03 PM
Thanks. The lists aren't quite complete yet, especially the Christmas ones since I am combining lists.

For anyone who is interested, I'm taking my previous lists, and as I put the IMDB links in, I am going ahead and searching for "Thanksgiving" and "Christmas" in each show just to see if there were any not there. I am going ahead and adding titles for which the synopsis sounds like an applicable episode, but for 95% of them, I haven't seen that show/episode. If I have any errors, let me know.

More to come!
Numes, you are insane for even thinking about compiling a Christmas list! I mean that in a joking way of course. But seriously, there are tens of thousands of Christmas shows.
Yeah, the titles that take place during the holidays is a tricky one. My own guideline is that if it isn't directly addressing the holidays, but "takes place during the holiday," it must at least be overtly noticeable/referenced that it is during a holiday.

An example would be Gremlins. That is obviously during Christmas. They reference it in the movie multiple times. However, on the flip side, you get a title like First Blood. First Blood does take place during the Christmas timeframe, but the only reference to it is (I believe) one scene where you see a Christmas tree. They make no reference to it and it is not a part of the story at all. I would count Gremlins and not count First Blood.
I feel the same way, but I'm glad the rule is inclusive.

That 6 week period would contain ~12% of everything statistically, but given that the time period is rich for story ideas, it must be closer to 25% of all films and TV shows technically qualifying.

Numes
11-14-10, 02:07 PM
Numes, you are insane for even thinking about compiling a Christmas list! I mean that in a joking way of course. But seriously, there are tens of thousands of Christmas shows.

Well, all I'm doing is taking the list from 2 years ago and adding the Season/Episode numbers and IMDB links. While I am on the IMDB episode list pages, I'm going ahead and looking for the keywords "Thanksgiving" and "Christmas". I'm not actively looking at any shows but what were on the existing lists.

davidh777
11-14-10, 02:30 PM
That would be an awesome list to have

Numes
11-14-10, 07:11 PM
Whew... The TV Lists are compiled. Feel free to provide additions if you have any. If you have any suggestions for the list format or anything, let me know, it's pretty easy to update.

Thanksgiving List (Post 74) (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/10488969-post74.html)
Christmas List (Post 75) (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/10488972-post75.html)
New Years / Misc List (Post 76) (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/10488973-post76.html)

Left to do:
1. Movies
2. Specials
3. Depending on how motivated I get, go through the list threads from last year and 2008 and add additional titles.

Travis McClain
11-14-10, 07:36 PM
Batman: The Animated Series - "Holiday Knights" is a collection of Christmas-themed vignettes and concludes with a New Year's Eve segment.

Also, if possible, could shows be alphabetized without leading articles? I had to go to the T's to find The Sopranos to double-check that show.

HyperWeather
11-14-10, 07:41 PM
Parks and Recreation - S02E12 - "Christmas Scandal" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1545370/

Numes
11-14-10, 08:59 PM
Batman: The Animated Series - "Holiday Knights" is a collection of Christmas-themed vignettes and concludes with a New Year's Eve segment.

Added. FWIW, the show is "The New Batman Adventures" on IMDB.

Also, if possible, could shows be alphabetized without leading articles? I had to go to the T's to find The Sopranos to double-check that show.

Done.

Parks and Recreation - S02E12 - "Christmas Scandal" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1545370/

Added.

Travis McClain
11-14-10, 09:10 PM
Added. FWIW, the show is "The New Batman Adventures."

Actually, it aired as part of The New Batman/Superman Adventures (http://www.batman-superman.com/batman/cmp/index.html). It was re-absorbed as part of Batman: The Animated Series for the purpose of DVD release (Volume 4) and re-runs on Cartoon Network, etc. I favor the B:TAS designation simply because it's easier for viewers coming to that season today to find it as part of that series.

P.S.: I can't believe that website is still active!

Gobear
11-14-10, 10:51 PM
Christmas

Here Come The Brides Season 1 Episode 11 "A Christmas Place" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0599842/combined

Corey31
11-15-10, 12:52 PM
Whew... The TV Lists are compiled. Feel free to provide additions if you have any. If you have any suggestions for the list format or anything, let me know, it's pretty easy to update.

Thanksgiving:
Modern Family S1 E9 - Fizbo (very loose tie-in) - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1528496/
Dexter S4 E9 - Hungry Man - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1444429/
Good Eats S1 E14 - Romancing the Bird: A Good Eats Thanksgiving - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803350/
Good Eats S3 E5 - The Remains of the Bird - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0590215/
Good Eats S8 E12 - Stuff It - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803634/
Good Eats S10 E13 - Fry Turkey Fry - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0904502/

Christmas:
Modern Family S1 E10 - Undeck the Halls - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1536241/
Community S1 E12 - Comparative Religion - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1559103/
Good Eats S2 E1 - It's a Wonderful Cake - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803338/
Good Eats S7 E12 - The Cookie Clause - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803636/
Good Eats S9 E13 - School of Hard Nogs - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803976/
Good Eats S13 E14 - Twas the Night Before Good Eats - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1578972/

Also: House is typically king of having episodes based at holidays but don't really have much to do with the holiday. For starters: http://house.wikia.com/wiki/Christmas_episodes. I didn't search too in depth because I am behind on House half a season and didn't want any spoilers.

For Good Eats, I think I got all of them. I assume these would count since they are based around a holiday and typical food ate during the holiday? I wasn't sure if they would count as TV shows or specials though.

Bluelitespecial
11-15-10, 01:52 PM
How soon before the list thread is posted?
I have already started to see Christmas movies on the Hallmark Channel.

Greg MacGuffin
11-15-10, 11:41 PM
There is one other Twilight Zone episode that is Christmas-themed, but you don't find out until the twist ending. It is the episode called
"Five Characters in Search of an Exit."

Undeadcow
11-16-10, 12:35 AM
I'm joining this challenge only because my wife loves holiday movies; darn it...

The Monkees
11-16-10, 02:10 AM
How soon before the list thread is posted?
I have already started to see Christmas movies on the Hallmark Channel.

It will be up soon. Probably around Thursday or Friday.

Yeah, I just watched a Thanksgiving episode of Desperate Housewives thinking about the challenge the whole time. Oh, well. The challenge is pretty long as it is, longer than any other challenge, so adding another week onto it would be nuts!

FantasticVSDoom
11-16-10, 08:08 AM
Yeah, have to save some shows for next week to watch, just hope the dvr can keep everything...

fiction
11-16-10, 09:55 PM
For Thanksgiving - Thirtysomething, "We Gather Together" S1E6

For New Years- X-Files, "Millennium", S7E4
Designing Women, "The First Day of the Last Decade of the Entire Twentieth Century"

The Monkees
11-17-10, 01:02 AM
There's also 2 episodes of X-Files that would qualify for Christmas (maybe 3, I can't remember) one of them was called something like "How the Ghosts Stole Christmas" or something along those lines.

EDIT: Never mind, I see you had those all along... I'm dumb... ;)

The Monkees
11-17-10, 01:56 AM
Finished my list from stuff I have (still got more on my external HDD) but here's what I got so far, that hasn't been on the lists above:

Thanksgiving

Boy Meets World S4E10 "Turkey Day"
Boy Meets World S5E8 "Chasing Angela"

Christmas

As Told By Ginger S2E04 "An Even Steven Holiday Special"
Boy Meets World S1E10 "Santa's Little Helper"
Boy Meets World S4E12 "Easy Street"
Boy Meets World S5E11 "A Very Topanga Christmas"
Boy Meets World S6E11 "Santa's Little Helpers" (not the same episode as above)
Cave Kids S1E8 "A Cavekid Christmas"
The Jetsons S2E23 "A Jetson Christmas Carol"
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers S3E31 "I'm Dreaming of a White Ranger"
Power Rangers Zeo S1E49 "A Season to Remember"
The Smurfs S3E25 "Baby's First Christmas"
Tiny Toon Adventures S3E20 "It's a Wonderful Tiny Toon Christmas Special"

New Years

Boy Meets World S3E10 "Train of Fools"

And a quick list of Christmas specials:

Bump in the Night: Twas the Night Before Bumpy
A Charlie Brown Christmas
Charlie Brown's Christmas Tales
The Christmas Toy
Christmas Comes to PacLand (Pac-Man cartoon)
Dr. Suess' How the Grinch Stole Christmas!
A Flintstone Christmas
A Flintstone Family Christmas
A Flintstones Christmas Carol
Frosty the Snowman
Frosty Returns
Frosty's Winter Wonderland
A Garfield Christmas Special
He-Man She-Ra: A Christmas Special
I Want a Dog For Christmas, Charlie Brown
Jack Frost (1979)
The Legend of Frosty the Snowman
Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol
Nestor the Long Eared Christmas Donkey
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer (1964)
Rudolph & Frosty's Christmas in July
Santa Claus is Comin' to Town
The Smurfs Christmas Special
Twas the Night Before Christmas (1974)
The Year Without a Santa Claus (1974)
The Year Without a Santa Claus (2006)

KaBluie
11-18-10, 04:08 AM
How about

Quark - S01E07 "Vanessa 38-24-36"

Where they celebrate a Christmaslike - Holiday Number 11

Good Neighbors - "Silly, But It's Fun...."

Numes
11-18-10, 04:54 AM
I've been working ridulous hours this week, so I probably won't be able to update my lists until Saturday and Sunday. For the movies/specials, refer back to the links from last year. I will add the IMDB links this weekend.

I quickly went through some of the shows next week for Thanksgiving related content and I think "How I met your Mother" and "Mike & Molly" are Thanksgiving themed next week. There also looked to be a couple Food Network Thanksgiving shows hosted by Giada. I'm not a regular viewer of Food Network, but I will have no problem watching those shows ;)

11-18-10, 12:57 PM
What about someone setting up a google spreadsheet and post an edit link so anyone can add holiday shows/movies to it? Just a thought.

The Monkees
11-18-10, 06:21 PM
What about someone setting up a google spreadsheet and post an edit link so anyone can add holiday shows/movies to it? Just a thought.

That's a good idea. I might work on that tonight.

mike07
11-18-10, 07:01 PM
^ There could be a problem if 2 people try to update it at one time...

Numes
11-18-10, 07:54 PM
That's a good idea. I might work on that tonight.

PM sent.

Bluelitespecial
11-20-10, 08:13 PM
Is the list thread going to be up by Monday?

The Monkees
11-20-10, 09:52 PM
Is the list thread going to be up by Monday?

It's up now.

Sorry, I meant to have it up on Thursday but kept on forgetting.

It's right here (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/582341-6th-annual-holiday-challenge-lists-thread.html#post10501858)

11-21-10, 12:36 PM
^ There could be a problem if 2 people try to update it at one time...

I do something similar with other people. When there's multiple people, it shows who's doing edits and they happen in real time.

Indy24LA
11-21-10, 06:09 PM
Wait what, this starts tomorrow? I never even paid attention, just assumed it would start on T-Day. Hmmm, I might have to try and adjust my plans.

The Monkees
11-22-10, 01:02 AM
Wait what, this starts tomorrow? I never even paid attention, just assumed it would start on T-Day. Hmmm, I might have to try and adjust my plans.

If officially started 2 minutes ago! :)

Corey31
11-22-10, 06:50 PM
I do something similar with other people. When there's multiple people, it shows who's doing edits and they happen in real time.

This sounds like a very good idea, will sort of be a wiki for qualifiers.

My list will start tonight with the Thanksgiving episode of how i met your mother.

Gobear
11-22-10, 09:06 PM
Shouldn't the list thread be stickied by now?

Giles
11-23-10, 09:25 PM
kind of jumped the gun, and watched Hallmark Channel's 'Finding John Christmas' last night... oh wait, the challenge has officially STARTED! awesome I can count the Kung Fu Panda special tomorrow night.

mijorico
11-24-10, 01:22 AM
Ok, I have a question of eligibility. Friday Night Lights - Season 4, Episode 12 ("Laboring") takes place the week leading up to Thanksgiving. The following episode includes Thanksgiving (and is titled "Thanksgiving"), so obviously that one counts. How about "Laboring"?

The Monkees
11-24-10, 02:06 PM
Ok, I have a question of eligibility. Friday Night Lights - Season 4, Episode 12 ("Laboring") takes place the week leading up to Thanksgiving. The following episode includes Thanksgiving (and is titled "Thanksgiving"), so obviously that one counts. How about "Laboring"?

Sounds fine to me. Since it takes place the week of Thanksgiving

The Monkees
11-25-10, 01:28 AM
Here's a question for everyone participating in the checklist. The 2009 Jim Carrey Christmas Carol, would that count as watching something that's animated about Christmas? I'm not sure if that would count because it's that weird animation, so would it count?

Indy24LA
11-25-10, 02:38 PM
Here's a question for everyone participating in the checklist. The 2009 Jim Carrey Christmas Carol, would that count as watching something that's animated about Christmas? I'm not sure if that would count because it's that weird animation, so would it count?

It's listed as Animation on IMDb, so I would say yes.

Bluelitespecial
11-25-10, 02:48 PM
Can the list thread be a sticky?

KaBluie
11-25-10, 06:10 PM

The Hebrew Hammer (2002)

Indy24LA
11-26-10, 01:15 AM
Watched Elf and the more I see that movie the more I love it.

Gobear
11-26-10, 12:42 PM

THIS! Please.

Fist of Doom
11-26-10, 02:04 PM

THIS! Please.

I PM'ed a request to nemein.

Indy24LA
11-26-10, 05:36 PM
Wow, Planes, Trains and Automobiles really makes me miss John Candy. What an underrated comedic actor.

BobO'Link
11-27-10, 09:28 PM
**TV Shows Complete**

Thanksgiving Shows...

**TV Shows Complete**

Christmas Shows...

**TV Shows Complete**

New Years...

WOW! I'd just edited my list, looked at a few others thinking "how in the world do I go about finding holiday themed TV episodes?". I then catch up on this thread.

THANK YOU FOR THESE LISTS!!!!

They will make things *lots* simpler and give more time for watching instead of researching! :)

davidh777
11-27-10, 11:37 PM
Thanks for the sticky!

The Monkees
11-28-10, 01:28 AM
So damn busy this weekend from working. Damn you Black Friday!

Anyway, I will be able to watch some more stuff starting tomorrow night! :)

Ash Ketchum
11-28-10, 10:50 AM
I watched "PeeWee's Playhouse Christmas Special" for this challenge, from a tape I made when it aired, Dec. 21, 1988. This tape is older than some of you reading this.

What a cast of guests it had:
Frankie Avalon & Annette Funicello (two of my childhood favorites),
Whoopi Goldberg,
Magic Johnson,
Grace Jones (who sings),
Dinah Shore (who sings),
Oprah,
K.D. Laing (who sings),
Zsa Zsa Gabor,
Cher (who doesn’t sing),
Little Richard (who doesn’t sing),
Charo (who sings),
Joan Rivers.

Also: William Marshall as King of Cartoons, S. Epatha Merkerson as Reba the Mail Lady, and Laurence Fishburne as Cowboy Curtis.

There's a Hanukkah sequence with Jewish neighbor Mrs. Renee. And the Magic Screen tells the meaning of Christmas with footage of a passion play showing the Christ child in the manger, etc. (Some sixth sense tells me that no TV special would do that today).

What makes the whole thing even funnier is that PeeWee doesn't treat his special guests any differently than he treats anyone (or anything) else on his show. In fact, he's kind of rough on Frankie and Annette, ordering them to make 500 Christmas cards and only giving them bread and water when they complain of hunger and thirst. They're the only guests on for the entire show. The others are all pretty brief.

Trevor
11-28-10, 12:50 PM
So damn busy this weekend from working. Damn you Black Friday!

Anyway, I will be able to watch some more stuff starting tomorrow night! :)
Same here. My wallet is on fire the past few days!
I watched "PeeWee's Playhouse Christmas Special" for this challenge, from a tape I made when it aired, Dec. 21, 1988. This tape is older than some of you reading this.

Whoopi Goldberg,
Magic Johnson,
Grace Jones (who sings),
Dinah Shore (who sings),
Oprah,
K.D. Laing (who sings),
Zsa Zsa Gabor,
Cher (who doesn’t sing),
Charo (who sings),
Joan Rivers.

Also: William Marshall as King of Cartoons, S. Epatha Merkerson as Reba the Mail Lady, and Laurence Fishburne as Cowboy Curtis.

There's a Hanukkah sequence with Jewish neighbor Mrs. Renee. And the Magic Screen tells the meaning of Christmas with footage of a passion play showing the Christ child in the manger, etc. (Some sixth sense tells me that no TV special would do that today).

What's interesting is that PeeWee doesn't treat his special guests any differently than he treats anyone (or anything) else on his show. In fact, he's kind of rough on Frankie and Annette, ordering them to make 500 Christmas cards and only giving them bread and water when they complain of hunger and thirst. They're the only guests on for the entire show. The others are all pretty brief.
That sounds pretty awesome Ash. I'll have to look around for that. I know I have at least one Pee-Wee Christmas DVD.

davidh777
11-29-10, 12:00 AM
So I suppose Harry Potter 7A would not count under the "only one scene during the holidays" rule, even though the whole timeframe is ambiguous? :)

The Monkees
11-29-10, 12:24 AM
So I suppose Harry Potter 7A would not count under the "only one scene during the holidays" rule, even though the whole timeframe is ambiguous? :)

I was thinking the same thing, I guess if you want to count it, it's okay since we have no clue how long everything lasts.

Same here. My wallet is on fire the past few days!

No, I meant I was actually working. I work in retail so I've been working a ton this weekend.

Greg MacGuffin
11-29-10, 06:48 PM
Last night I watched the 1986 version of Babes in Toyland with Keanu Reeves, Drew Barrymore, and Pat Morita. Wow! Epically, awesomely bad. There's musical numbers and an extended chase scene with go-carts. Sample line of dialogue: "Nothing's happening to me. I guess I'm immune 'cause I'm from Cincinnati!" Seriously, if you Netflix Instant, you must watch this.
Behold:
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/62DGe9i9lGQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/62DGe9i9lGQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Darth Maher
11-29-10, 08:11 PM
I just ain't feeling it this year. I haven't watched anything holiday related.

BobO'Link
11-30-10, 10:23 PM
I watched "Deck the Halls" last night. It wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting based on reviews. Yeah, a bit cliched and somewhat predictable (aren't most all Christmas revenge films though?), but it was very enjoyable in spite of its' faults. Matthew Broderick was far superior in this than his horrible performance in the simply awful remake of "The Producers".

So far tonight I've watched the 1938 version of "A Christmas Carol". I much prefer this version over the highly rated 1951 version starring Allister Sim. At the very least it deserves equal placement with the 1951 version.

Travis McClain
11-30-10, 10:33 PM
I watched "Deck the Halls" last night. It wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting based on reviews. Yeah, a bit cliched and somewhat predictable (aren't most all Christmas revenge films though?), but it was very enjoyable in spite of its' faults. Matthew Broderick was far superior in this than his horrible performance in the simply awful remake of "The Producers".

The funny thing is, The Producers was released on Christmas day. Our group of friends has tried to get together for a Christmas day movie each year, and one of the guys was adamant about selecting that because he loved the musical. I wasn't sold on it, but we were outvoted. I've rarely been so bored throughout a movie. Not even Uma Thurman's curves and Nathan Lane being Nathan Lane could rescue it.

Indy24LA
12-01-10, 08:30 PM
Fred Claus is growing on me every year. Is this heading towards Xmas classic???

BobO'Link
12-02-10, 12:18 AM
The funny thing is, The Producers was released on Christmas day. Our group of friends has tried to get together for a Christmas day movie each year, and one of the guys was adamant about selecting that because he loved the musical. I wasn't sold on it, but we were outvoted. I've rarely been so bored throughout a movie. Not even Uma Thurman's curves and Nathan Lane being Nathan Lane could rescue it.
I feel for you! I purchased my copy for $1 and after suffering through it I felt somewhat ripped off! The only saving grace, if there truly *is* one, is the last scene following the credits.

Watched another grossly under rated film: "Mixed Nuts" with Steve Martin. A wonderful black comedy!

Giles
12-02-10, 12:20 AM
someone remind me, do we have Wild Cards for this challenge?

The Monkees
12-02-10, 01:20 AM
someone remind me, do we have Wild Cards for this challenge?

Yes. Three wild cards for movies/shows that aren't holiday related but are something you watch around the holidays every year.

Ash Ketchum
12-02-10, 11:10 AM
In looking for unusual holiday-themed films that no one else will be listing, I came up with TRAIL OF ROBIN HOOD (1950).

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_mqjF7SR-oIM/TN7Akf7V2AI/AAAAAAAAAp0/qpxImQKhgo0/s1600/trail%2Blobby2.jpeg

This is a Roy Rogers western in which the bad guys are trying to corner the market in...Christmas trees! If you don't believe me, here's the synopsis from IMDB:

"Retired actor Jack Holt is raising Christmas trees for sale at a cost which permits every family to have one. A commercial tree company tries to drive Holt out of business. Roy saves the day, of course. Songs include: "Home Town Jubilee," "Get a Christmas Tree for Johnny," and "Ev'ry Day is Christmas in the West." A slew of old-time cowboys guest star."

This is one of those Roy westerns set at the time it was made (1950, in this case), yet the town is a traditional western set, there isn't a paved road in sight, and everyone rides a horse and carries a gun belt. The female lead, Penny Edwards (subbing for Dale Evans), is a city girl who drives a snazzy 1950 convertible, but that's the only sign of modern civilization you see. Oh, that and an 8mm movie projector on which Jack Holt (playing himself) plays one of his silent westerns at a Christmas party. The guy who runs the livery stable (Gordon Jones) has a phone, but it looks like something Alexander Graham Bell might have been tinkering with.

There's a surprising amount of violent action (well-staged, too, as you'd expect of Republic Pictures and the film's director, William Witney). These Christmas tree wholesalers protect their turf as if they were Colombian drug dealers. There's arson, a stabbing, some shooting, several fistfights, chases on horseback, a collapsing bridge, and three violent deaths. Holt himself almost dies of smoke inhalation after going into a burning building to rescue someone. (Coincidentally, the actor died of a heart attack a month after this film came out, while the actor playing the lead villain, Clifton Young, died a few months later.)

Definitely the oddest Christmas film I've ever seen.

Bluelitespecial
12-02-10, 09:19 PM
I am really struggling this year I think I'll be lucky to hit 50 when its all done.

Travis McClain
12-02-10, 09:23 PM
I am really struggling this year I think I'll be lucky to hit 50 when its all done.

Yeah, we kinda stalled out for the last week. Watching Scrooged on AMC right now. I can't speak for anyone else, but it's hard to get into the mood to watch Christmas stuff when it's been so warm (mostly 50s for the last week). Started to see some snowflakes the last couple of days, which is helping a little.

Quack
12-02-10, 09:33 PM
Just watched A Beavis and Butt-head Christmas for the first time....not too shabby!

Travis McClain
12-03-10, 05:31 AM
Sweet! I just learned that a local theater is screening Ghostbusters II on New Year's Day! Now I know how I'm gonna conclude this challenge (so long as my stupid Crohn's infested guts cooperated). I got to see the first one there in October. Very excited!

hasslein
12-03-10, 11:48 AM

Whoopi Goldberg,
Magic Johnson,
Grace Jones (who sings),
Dinah Shore (who sings),
Oprah,
K.D. Laing (who sings),
Zsa Zsa Gabor,
Cher (who doesn’t sing),
Charo (who sings),
Joan Rivers.

What makes the whole thing even funnier is that PeeWee doesn't treat his special guests any differently than he treats anyone (or anything) else on his show. In fact, he's kind of rough on Frankie and Annette, ordering them to make 500 Christmas cards and only giving them bread and water when they complain of hunger and thirst. They're the only guests on for the entire show. The others are all pretty brief.

He's really mean to Whoopi, and in the dvd commentary mentions how even he can't believe how mean he was to her.

One of my favorite jokes "Magic" screen & "Magic" Johnson are related. HA!

Quack
12-03-10, 11:56 AM
^Just threw this in the DVD player!

BobO'Link
12-03-10, 05:39 PM
I watched "The Lemon Drop Kid" last night. I love Bob Hope films, but the best line in this one has to go to William Frawley. Playing one of many toughs who are being pressed into service as street-corner Santas, he is asked by a little girl "Are you going to bring a doll?" to which he replies "Naw, my doll's workin' Christmas Eve". It's also the film in which Bob Hope and Marilyn Maxwell introduced the Yuletide ballad "Silver Bells", reportedly written in a hurry by Jay Livingston and Ray Evans.

Gobear
12-03-10, 07:00 PM
I just watched an 8-part YouTube video of Aladdi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sulw4U8I-MU)n, a traditional Christmas pantomime from the UK that was broadcast in 2000. We don't do pantos here in the US, but they are an essential part of the Christmas festivities over there as watching local theater productions of The Nutcracker or A Christmas Carol are over here.

Indy24LA
12-03-10, 09:17 PM
Watching one of my favorite movies, Die Hard. How did Alan Rickman NOT get an Oscar for this??? At least a nomination.

Trevor
12-03-10, 11:40 PM
There have probably been much more than 1,000 adaptations of the Scrooge story if you count all the films and TV episodes, but I still enjoy almost all of them. Saw one today from 2004, a TV movie called Karroll's Christmas (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0427430/). I'm obviously biased, but I quite enjoyed it. It has nice turns from Larry Miller and Wallace Shawn (inconceivable!), and has a nice little twist on the standard tale. It was on TV the other night, AMC or Lifetime or something, they often repeat films throughout the week/month.

BobO'Link
12-04-10, 02:05 PM
I watched "Elf" for the 2nd time last night. The first time I saw it (2-3 years ago) I did not like it (partly due to Will Ferrell - for some reason he just rubs me the wrong way in everything in which I've seen him). It *was* better this time and I found myself laughing at stuff I thought was just stupid or inane the first time around. Maybe it's a frame-of-mind type thing... it *was* later in the evening when I watched it this time... I still do not see it being the "classic" others do, but I fully expect it to be considered mandatory holiday viewing in years to come.

Trevor
12-04-10, 04:32 PM
I watched "Elf" for the 2nd time last night. The first time I saw it (2-3 years ago) I did not like it (partly due to Will Ferrell - for some reason he just rubs me the wrong way in everything in which I've seen him). It *was* better this time and I found myself laughing at stuff I thought was just stupid or inane the first time around. Maybe it's a frame-of-mind type thing... it *was* later in the evening when I watched it this time... I still do not see it being the "classic" others do, but I fully expect it to be considered mandatory holiday viewing in years to come.

My story on Elf is somewhat similar, I guess, but this is more just an excuse to type about it.

I also don't like Will Ferrell much of the time. He is mainly "miss" for me. But for me, Elf was an instant classic. I put off watching it for years, finally succumbed when my niece and nephew wanted to watch it one day years ago. Expected to hate it, but I loved every second of it and still do every year when I re-watch it. What's your favorite color?

Quack
12-04-10, 07:52 PM
Has anyone watched A Merry Mirthworm Christmas? Having my first viewing....

davidh777
12-05-10, 02:07 PM
For me, Elf is like A Christmas Story--I don't get the raves. That said, I've only seen it once so maybe I'll have the same experience. The highlight was Zooey Deschanel singing Baby It's Cold Outside.

Travis McClain
12-05-10, 09:41 PM
For me, Elf is like A Christmas Story--I don't get the raves. That said, I've only seen it once so maybe I'll have the same experience. The highlight was Zooey Deschanel singing Baby It's Cold Outside.

Haven't seen Elf, but by virtue of having Zooey Dechanel alone I like it more than A Christmas Story.

HyperWeather
12-05-10, 09:53 PM
It's windy and rainy here so I'm taking advantage of it (I live in central California, and while its been colder then I like recently (highs in the 50s lows in the mid 30s) we don't really get winter weather), so spending the night watching all the classic animated tv Christmas specials.

WallyOPD
12-06-10, 12:01 PM
There are a lot more gaps in my watching than in previous years. I like to try to watch something every day, but I've just been a lot busier this year. I'll see if I can squeeze some semi-marathon viewings in over this next week or so.

That'sAllFolks
12-06-10, 03:52 PM

Will Ferrell is someone who I can see his talent, but don't really enjoy it that much. He can be funny, but mostly is not.

I think I watched this for Bob Newhart -- one of my favorite all-time comedians. It was OK, but as a rule I don't really like "holiday" movies because it always snows at the end.

Ent Weekly had a pretty funny chart where they listed a bunch of holiday movies and indicated how many had standard scenes like "problems plugging in the Christmas lights", etc. I'm glad someone else recognizes how these movies overuse these same ideas.

BobO'Link
12-07-10, 09:49 PM
^Yep. Bob Newhart. The main reason to watch "Elf". I wish Fox would get off their buts and release the last 2 seasons of "The Bob Newhart Show" and continue with "Newhart"... 2 of a very small handful of series I'd purchase on release day.

I watched another one I thought was much worse the first time around: "Bad Santa". While I found it a bit funnier this time, there's still way too much profanity to suit my tastes. Mind you, I'm not a prude and generally feel language should not be "cleaned up" if a character would normally speak in such a manner. The amount in this film is far greater than the most foul-mouthed of my college buddies, and some of those guys could give a sailor a run for his money... (not to impinge sailors - just using the old colloquialism). This film has even more than most of Red Fox's old routines, and *that's* saying a lot! I recall many of them having "X" ratings when originally released on record due to the amount and type of profanity used.

The Monkees
12-07-10, 10:29 PM
Just watched Rudolph on BD and it looks amazing! I can't believe how good this 46 year old Christmas special looks!

Travis McClain
12-08-10, 02:06 AM
Just got back from seeing Red (Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, etc.). Didn't realize going into it that it was set during the holiday season. It opens with Bruce Willis having reindeer on his lawn and a lit up snowman on his porch, and wreaths and Christmas trees are seen throughout the movie. Oddly, no one ever says anything to acknowledge the time of year; it's purely conveyed through those kinds of visual cues. Still, it's going on my list!

Ash Ketchum
12-08-10, 11:21 AM
Just got back from seeing Red (Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, etc.). Didn't realize going into it that it was set during the holiday season. It opens with Bruce Willis having reindeer on his lawn and a lit up snowman on his porch, and wreaths and Christmas trees are seen throughout the movie. Oddly, no one ever says anything to acknowledge the time of year; it's purely conveyed through those kinds of visual cues. Still, it's going on my list!

I'm now reminded that Chuck Norris' INVASION USA takes place at Christmas time, although in Florida, where there's no snow. At one point, the invading terrorists use missile launchers to blow up homes displaying Christmas regalia. I saw this in a theater on Manhattan's notorious 42nd Street ("the Deuce") and the audience whooped and hollered with glee during the terrorists' antics.

Travis McClain
12-11-10, 01:39 AM
Just finished watching some classic Gumby shorts, Fat Albert's Christmas Special (which has aged quite well, which in a way is fairly embarrassing for our society) and the Saturday Night Live "Christmas Past" compilation. I had forgotten how big a thing I had for Victoria Jackson back in the day.

Indy24LA
12-11-10, 10:49 AM
I knocked out It's a Wonderful Life on the plane back from Cali. I am amazed how good that movie is keeping in mind that it became the blue print for a lot of films that followed.

LBCrazyFool
12-11-10, 05:49 PM
Met my goal of 70 the other night and have no plans of slowing down. I still have a lot of movies to get through, so new goal is 120.

Ash Ketchum
12-11-10, 09:32 PM
What’s been particularly gratifying about this challenge for me is the chance it gives me to go through my anime collection and find Christmas-themed films and TV episodes. I’ve screened 17 so far, from TOKYO GODFATHERS and Pokémon to episodes of “Little Women” and “The Trapp Family Singers.” The oldest so far is from 1981 and the newest is from 2003. The funniest is the Urusei Yatsura episode, where Ataru, Lum and the entire cast are motivated to climb this giant Christmas tree in Mendou’s massive mansion by specific rewards waiting at the top. If you go to this link:
http://www.awesome-engine.com/category/xmas/
and scroll down the page, there are abundant pictures from the episode.

The most unusual was "Mahoromatic Automatic Maiden," which is about a high-tech female combat android who's retired from active duty and serves as a maid to an orphaned high school boy, much to the jealous ire of his friends at school. (Kind of like Ataru and Lum in "Urusei Yatsura," only the combat android is much nicer.)

The biggest challenge was watching the “Trapp Family” episodes in Japanese with no subtitles. I only figured out they had Christmas in them from pictures on the VHS case. They sing a number of familiar Christmas carols in Japanese, though. That was nice.

There are Christmas episodes of Ranma ˝ that I don’t have and another Pokemon holiday episode that’s missing from my collection. Plus, I know I’ve seen other anime Christmas episodes that I’m just not recalling which series they’re from. I’ll keep searching. I checked my Power Rangers collection and was disappointed that I don’t have the “I’m Dreaming of a White Ranger” episode.

Darth Maher
12-12-10, 12:21 AM
Just watched "The Lovely Bones" tonight. There were icicles predominantly featured in the movie. Would this count? ;)

The Monkees
12-12-10, 12:50 AM
Just watched "The Lovely Bones" tonight. There were icicles predominantly featured in the movie. Would this count? ;)

I thought the movie took place over an entire year, but I could be wrong, but I seem to remember it being quite a long time period.

By the way, I hit 50 today, there's no way I'm going to hit my record from last year (144) because I just don't have as much time as I did last year. However, I still have 14 days before Christmas to try and cram in as much as I can so we'll see how I do.

Darth Maher
12-12-10, 11:40 AM
I'm only kidding. It's like the ONLY thing I've watched since mid-November, so when I saw the icicles, I thought I'd have a little fun here.

Gobear
12-12-10, 11:48 AM
I watched Puppet Master Vs. Demonic Toys on Hulu, which is most definitely a Christmas story despite the title.

KaBluie
12-12-10, 12:40 PM
Ice Quake (2010) on the Syfy channel was a Christmas movie!

Greg MacGuffin
12-12-10, 02:52 PM
I'm watching Three Days of the Condor on Netflix Instant. Apparently, it takes place around Christmas. You can hear carols in the background during some scenes.

Bluelitespecial
12-12-10, 07:43 PM
There are brand new Christmas episodes of Family Guy and American Dad Tonight.

The Monkees
12-13-10, 12:19 AM
I've been getting more into the feeling of watching Christmas stuff finally. I haven't been in the mood, but in the last week or so I've really started watching more. I guess it's because Christmas is much closer now. Last year I had nothing but time on my hands so I was able to watch anything and everything. This year I've been working a lot so I haven't really had too much time, but I'm enjoying myself now!

Watching A Charlie Brown Christmas as I type this! I usually wait until Christmas is closer to watch what I consider "classics" like It's a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street and Christmas Vacation.

By the way that Christmas episode of Family Guy that was on tonight was good, but so damn dark in many places. It was really bizarre!

Travis McClain
12-13-10, 01:36 AM
I've been getting more into the feeling of watching Christmas stuff finally. I haven't been in the mood, but in the last week or so I've really started watching more. I guess it's because Christmas is much closer now.

I'm still not feeling it this year. Back when the challenge first started it seemed like every channel we tuned into was hip deep in eligible episodes of shows, but they've been scarce since. We finally started getting some snow, and the tree is up, but I'm really just not finding myself caring this year. Which is surprising, because each year I think I've cared less than ever and wonder whether the next year I'll just abstain entirely. I haven't even gotten into the music this year, which was really the last thing I still enjoyed.

Watching A Charlie Brown Christmas as I type this! I usually wait until Christmas is closer to watch what I consider "classics" like It's a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street and Christmas Vacation.

I think that's part of it; I've held off on our annual viewings hoping to get closer to Christmas, and since I haven't felt like digging into the "lesser" material, this has meant a lot of empty days. Maybe it'll pick up. We'll see.

Darth Maher
12-13-10, 02:04 AM
I'm still not feeling it this year. Back when the challenge first started it seemed like every channel we tuned into was hip deep in eligible episodes of shows, but they've been scarce since. We finally started getting some snow, and the tree is up, but I'm really just not finding myself caring this year. Which is surprising, because each year I think I've cared less than ever and wonder whether the next year I'll just abstain entirely. I haven't even gotten into the music this year, which was really the last thing I still enjoyed.

I'm right there with you. I just started putting Christmas songs on my iPod and I find myself skipping them more often than not.

If it wasn't for my kids, I probably would just skip Christmas this year... or at least try to.

BobO'Link
12-13-10, 08:18 PM
OCD kicked in big time... I watched "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" last night so I had to watch "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation 2: Cousin Eddie's Island Adventure" because of the challenge. Yeah, I know it's not on the checklist but it's a sequel of sorts... plus I'm attempting to save my favorites until next week.

It's *still* bad...

The Monkees
12-15-10, 02:11 AM
I'm at 61 now, with just 10 days to go until Christmas I really want to at least beat my results 2006 of 67 and my results from 2008 of 71. No way I'll even come close to last year of 144, but I would like to at least break into the 70s.

P.S. I usually stop participating in this challenge after Christmas because I just don't really care about New Years movies/TV episodes, I only included that in this challenge because New Years is part of the holiday season, but I usually don't participate in that part, and after Christmas I have no desire to watch Christmas specials or movies anymore, that's why I say I've only got 10 days left!

Bluelitespecial
12-15-10, 11:31 AM
I am finally starting to get in the mode now, I think I will finish with probably around 50-60.

Travis McClain
12-16-10, 08:53 PM
Watching Fred Claus on TBS right now, a first time viewing. We caught Elf late last night on USA, which was also a first time viewing. It wasn't until Elf that I realized how TV Christmas commercials have changed, and I think they've played a key role in why it's so hard for me to get into the spirit this year.

There was a time when Christmas commercials featured kids staring out the window, or reindeer in the sky, or Santa Claus knocking back a Coke. This year, the only commercial I've seen with Santa Claus is in a Dr. Pepper commercial, there to emphasize how unbelievable their new diet drink is. Every other Christmas commercial has just been to say to consumers, "We have stuff at affordable prices." You could swap out the sing-along to "Jingle Bells" to "Stars and Stripes Forever" and use the same ad for Memorial Day. There's absolutely nothing Christmas-y about any of these ads; it's like the advertising world has given up putting up the facade that people out there still have kids who believe in Santa.

And why is it that those religious organizations that want us to give up our seats on buses to old women don't run ads about Christ at this time of year? Seriously, every time I turn on a TV all I'm being told about Christmas is that I can save money on gifts at Overstock.com. What the hell kind of Christmas cheer does that foster?

Dimension X
12-17-10, 12:54 AM
There was a time when Christmas commercials featured kids staring out the window, or reindeer in the sky, or Santa Claus knocking back a Coke. This year, the only commercial I've seen with Santa Claus is in a Dr. Pepper commercial, there to emphasize how unbelievable their new diet drink is. Every other Christmas commercial has just been to say to consumers, "We have stuff at affordable prices." You could swap out the sing-along to "Jingle Bells" to "Stars and Stripes Forever" and use the same ad for Memorial Day. There's absolutely nothing Christmas-y about any of these ads; it's like the advertising world has given up putting up the facade that people out there still have kids who believe in Santa.
Coke still uses Santa in one of their commercials. I've seen the thirty second version of this one a few times.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4TMwBFK2qHI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4TMwBFK2qHI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Still waiting to see Santa riding on his electric razor though...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/718DpmQrPbg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/718DpmQrPbg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object> <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BVk6JKDa3zI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BVk6JKDa3zI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The Monkees
12-17-10, 02:06 AM
Go figure that right after I posted that I was in the mood I stopped watching... ;)

I'll definitely be watching the classics later on, but as of now I'm falling out of sorts.

hasslein
12-17-10, 11:50 AM
Thanks for posting the Norelco spots! As a kid I would tell my mother each year, the Christmas season doesn't start until we see the Norelco santa! Well, not quite as articulately...

BobO'Link
12-17-10, 05:13 PM
I've been looking for a silent film from the '20s for the checklist and coming up empty. Anyone have suggestions?

Travis McClain
12-17-10, 08:24 PM
Sorry, Bob, I can't help you out with that. I'm watching Christmas in Washington on TNT. The music performances so far haven't really wowed me at all (Annie Lennox just finished and her original composition about put me to sleep), but I have to say Ellen Degeneres has been a delightful hostess so far.

"We all know why I'm here: it's because Oprah's in Australia."
"I've just been told some disturbing news: Santa's naughty & nice list has just appeared on WikiLeaks."

davidh777
12-18-10, 02:11 AM
Watched "the award-winning classic" Yes, Virginia on CBS. Not sure if it's really a classic--I had never heard of it before this year.

Neil Patrick Harris headlines... in a throwaway role. Half-hour program that seemed to end abruptly. Looked nice, though.

EDIT: IMDb says it originally aired last year. So I was wrong: it is a classic :lol:

BobO'Link
12-18-10, 10:42 PM
I just finished watching the newly colorized version of "Holiday Inn" (one of my all-time favorite Holiday films). While I feel there are some issues with flesh tones and hair color it was done very well. Many, many scenes are saturated enough to mimic Technicolor prints. Often I felt the flesh tones were a bit muted in comparison to other items in a scene and the hair frequently just didn't look quite right on Astair and Crosby. But those are somewhat minor quibbles in the scope of the film. The colorization really brought a fresh feel to the film and the costumes were amazing! I'm generally not a fan of colorization, especially on films in the top of my "best films" lists but this one is worth seeing in color at least once. I'll definately watch it in color again.

davidh777
12-19-10, 02:37 AM
I just finished watching the newly colorized version of "Holiday Inn" (one of my all-time favorite Holiday films). While I feel there are some issues with flesh tones and hair color it was done very well. Many, many scenes are saturated enough to mimic Technicolor prints. Often I felt the flesh tones were a bit muted in comparison to other items in a scene and the hair frequently just didn't look quite right on Astair and Crosby. But those are somewhat minor quibbles in the scope of the film. The colorization really brought a fresh feel to the film and the costumes were amazing! I'm generally not a fan of colorization, especially on films in the top of my "best films" lists but this one is worth seeing in color at least once. I'll definately watch it in color again.

Interesting because the three-disc set has been pretty cheap lately and while I've never been a fan of colorization, I love this movie and have been tempted to take a look.

I just watched Miracle on 34th Street (1947) for the first time and after it was done I watched a few minutes of the colorized version. Didn't look too bad--much better than the garish old days. Can't imagine watching the whole movie that way, but better than I expected.

Doc Moonlight
12-19-10, 08:55 AM
I've been looking for a silent film from the '20s for the checklist and coming up empty. Anyone have suggestions?

The Kino DVD A CHRISTMAS PAST has a 1925 Santa Claus film along with many others from the silent era.

Indy24LA
12-19-10, 11:58 AM
Okay, this week I will really up my watching. And I might be late to the party, but why can't I find Prancer on Netflix???

KaBluie
12-19-10, 05:53 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QOqhqpBj5GE" frameborder="0"></iframe>

HyperWeather
12-22-10, 03:39 AM
I'm not sure whats come over me this year.. the most I've ever done is a 100 even and that was at the very last second, this year I'm up to 130+ and I still have a list of things I'd like to get to. Plus one of my favorite things is listening to Christmas music, and I just can't get into that this year.

Travis McClain
12-22-10, 03:47 AM
I'm not sure whats come over me this year.. the most I've ever done is a 100 even and that was at the very last second, this year I'm up to 130+ and I still have a list of things I'd like to get to. Plus one of my favorite things is listening to Christmas music, and I just can't get into that this year.

I tip my hat. I'm feeling it even less than ever this year. Although, on the upswing, I just learned that you can download Shakira's cover of "Santa Baby" for free here (http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/gregjames/2009/12/ohhh_shakira.html). (I found it redirected from Shakira's website so no worries about legality.) That chick is hot.

Ash Ketchum
12-22-10, 10:45 AM
I watched the MGM DVD of MARCH OF THE WOODEN SOLDIERS (1934) on Sunday. It's an original MGM print, with the film's actual title in place: VICTOR HERBERT'S BABES IN TOYLAND. It's also 78 min., which is nine minutes longer than the TV print I knew and loved while growing up. It's got two song sequences in it that I've never seen before, including one in the Bogeyland cave where Tom Tom sings Bo Peep to sleep and sleep fairies and elves (played by midgets), filmed as a double exposure to give them an ethereal look, spread whatever it is they spread to make nursery rhyme characters fall asleep.

Indy24LA
12-22-10, 09:08 PM
Watching White Christmas for the first time, after buying it 3 years ago.

Trevor
12-22-10, 09:53 PM
Fwiw, sorry for my non-activity this Challenge. I started a new relationship last month and she's been quite amazing. We've been texting pretty much non-stop for over two weeks now. Not much time for TV obviously. I'm sure I've thought this before and will come down to earth eventually, but if I had to bet right now, I'd say I'm going to marry this girl.

More on topic, the Psych Christmas episode was very good. I'm loving that show.

BobO'Link
12-22-10, 10:58 PM
Watching White Christmas for the first time, after buying it 3 years ago.
I have mixed feelings about "White Christmas". I'd originally seen, and liked very much, "Holiday Inn". The first time I saw "White Christmas" I kept asking myself why it seemed *so* familiar. I then saw "Holiday Inn" again and it all fell into place. "White Christmas" is essentially a inferior unofficial remake of "Holiday Inn". Fred Astaire was initially approached to star, again, opposite Bing Crosby but turned it down after reading the script (my guess is due to it being an almost clone of "Holiday Inn"). Donald O'Connor was considered for his replacement but had to decline due to illness. Somehow Danny Kaye just doesn't do it for me. He's OK... but without Astaire it just doesn't work as well. I keep looking at/picking up copies, remind myself what it truly is, and try to justify the purchase for the music that was not in "Holiday Inn" as there are some very good performances in the film. So far it hasn't worked and I still do not own a copy.

Many people consider my reaction and comments about this film somewhat blasephemous as "White Christmas" is seen as a Christmas classic. I've encounted many people who *love* "White Christmas" but have *never* seen "Holiday Inn"! As a result they just do not understand. But I saw "Holiday Inn" first and just can't get past how much better a film it is than "White Christmas".

If you've not seen "Holiday Inn" you really should watch it for the comparison. The newly colorized version is *very* well done, although the purist in me wants to like the original B/W print better.

bsmith
12-22-10, 11:01 PM
Bob,

We watch "White Christmas" pretty much every year. In fact, I know it so well that the other night when My 3 year old was bored that the movie was so long, I sat outside the room and played with her instead. But I could still hear it pretty well through the door and didn't feel like I missed a thing.

That said I had heard about "Holiday Inn" so ordered it and it came yesterday (3 disk with the colorized version included). I will watch it before the week is out. It will be an interesting comparison. Unlike you, I like Danny Kaye and thought he did a good job. However, I also very much like Astaire. Maybe I'll be lucky and just enjoy them both equally.

Indy24LA
12-22-10, 11:05 PM
I have mixed feelings about "White Christmas". I'd originally seen, and liked very much, "Holiday Inn". The first time I saw "White Christmas" I kept asking myself why it seemed *so* familiar. I then saw "Holiday Inn" again and it all fell into place. "White Christmas" is essentially a inferior unofficial remake of "Holiday Inn". Fred Astaire was initially approached to star, again, opposite Bing Crosby but turned it down after reading the script (my guess is due to it being an almost clone of "Holiday Inn"). Donald O'Connor was considered for his replacement but had to decline due to illness. Somehow Danny Kaye just doesn't do it for me. He's OK... but without Astaire it just doesn't work as well. I keep looking at/picking up copies, remind myself what it truly is, and try to justify the purchase for the music that was not in "Holiday Inn" as there are some very good performances in the film. So far it hasn't worked and I still do not own a copy.

Many people consider my reaction and comments about this film somewhat blasephemous as "White Christmas" is seen as a Christmas classic. I've encounted many people who *love* "White Christmas" but have *never* seen "Holiday Inn"! As a result they just do not understand. But I saw "Holiday Inn" first and just can't get past how much better a film it is than "White Christmas".

If you've not seen "Holiday Inn" you really should watch it for the comparison. The newly colorized version is *very* well done, although the purist in me wants to like the original B/W print better.

Hmmmm, now you have me intrigued. "White Christmas" was pretty good, but I agree with you about Kaye. I will have to track "Holiday Inn" down and check it out. I've have heard that it was a better version than its predecessor.

davidh777
12-23-10, 02:55 AM
I like White Christmas but I prefer Holiday Inn. I should watch it again for the challenge.

Fwiw, sorry for my non-activity this Challenge. I started a new relationship last month and she's been quite amazing. We've been texting pretty much non-stop for over two weeks now. Not much time for TV obviously. I'm sure I've thought this before and will come down to earth eventually, but if I had to bet right now, I'd say I'm going to marry this girl.

More on topic, the Psych Christmas episode was very good. I'm loving that show.

Trevor's leaving us for a girl. :( Kidding: Glad you're happy.

Indy24LA
12-23-10, 03:58 PM
Just hit my goal of 25 with "A Christmas Story". Seems like every time I watch it, I appreciate a different scene that I never really paid attention to before.

The Monkees
12-23-10, 04:09 PM
I think I'm the only one out there that just didn't really like White Christmas. That being said, I'm watching one of my favorite movies of all time (not to mention Christmas time movie) It's a Wonderful Life as I type this! A day off from work will see me watching some of my favorite Christmas movies. Hope to watch Christmas Vacation either later tonight or tomorrow after work.

The Monkees
12-24-10, 09:45 AM
Just hit 70 this morning with The Smurfs Christmas Special!

I'll be able to break 71 no problem once I get home from work, but 89 is not going to happen. Overall I feel that so far I've done a pretty good job, didn't even think I was going to hit 50 this year but I did. I could have done better, but whatever! It's Christmas Eve!!

davidh777
12-24-10, 03:33 PM
I thought I was going to get a cheapie when the last episode of Top Chef had them preparing stuffing, but that was the only holiday reference, unfortunately :lol:

davidh777
12-24-10, 03:51 PM
Great timing: Doctor Who Christmas Carol airing tomorrow

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/583780-doctor-who-christmas-special-christmas-carol-12-25-10-a.html

BobO'Link
12-24-10, 10:33 PM
We just watched "Miracle on 34th Street" (original from 1947). It's an annual tradition to watch this on Christmas Eve. This year we watched the colorized version since we have the 2 disk (original B/W and colorized) and have never watched the colorized one before. While it's better than pre 2000 colorized films, the print used has many contrast issues causing washed out looking faces. Overall the color is somewhat subdued and generally looks like a color film from that era that hasn't age well. We'll be sticking with the original B/W on this one from now on!

Travis McClain
12-25-10, 03:48 AM
Just finished my 25th item here early Christmas morning with the 1999 TNT telefilm version of A Christmas Carol. In 1992, I received the audio cassette version of Patrick Stewart's performance of A Christmas Carol as a birthday present (my birthday being 1 December), and it became an annual tradition for me to play the tapes, one side a night, in the dark each night leading into Christmas. I was naturally excited when, in 1999, TNT produced this telefilm version starring Stewart as Scrooge. It feels like a late 90s TV production, which detracts from the overall experience, and there are times when I cringe at the way Dickens's lines were clipped, updated or set up by awkward new lines. Still, it's a personal favorite even if it falls short of listening to Stewart's one man production.

davidh777
12-25-10, 01:39 PM
Merry Christmas to all!

OK, resume the topic....

The Monkees
12-25-10, 02:25 PM
Merry Christmas!

Jack Straw
12-25-10, 07:41 PM
"The Family Man" - Xmas

BobO'Link
12-29-10, 09:27 AM
I though I'd watched all the Christmas/Holiday films I own until I looked here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christmas_films

and perused the "Films related to Christmas" section at which point I remembered discussion earlier about "On Her Majesty's Secret Service"... As I own some of the films in that section it looks like I'll be watching a few more before I'm done.

davidh777
12-29-10, 12:57 PM
Just figured out that I'd already watched the 30 Rock Christmas Attack episode and can count it! :banana:

Saw You've Got Mail and had forgotten that a fair chunk of it took place at Christmastime. Probably wouldn't count as a majority, though, so I guess i won't count it.

BobO'Link
12-29-10, 05:51 PM
^That's the way I feel about many of the films in the "Related to Christmas" section on the wiki. I went through the list and will watch those which it indicates pretty much take place over the Thanksgiving to New Year holiday period. It'll have to be a bit over 50% before I'll count the title. It's been a while since I've watched "Funny Farm" so I'll just have to make a judgement call following viewing. Considering it's in my unwatched pile it'll move higher just in case... :)

On the other hand, the discussion earlier indicates"On Her Majesty's Secret Service" is a qualifying title although I don't recall a full 50%+ being at Christmas. I plan to watch it as well (doesn't hurt that it's one of my favorite Bonds) so I'll know shortly...

Ash Ketchum
12-29-10, 06:37 PM
^That's the way I feel about many of the films in the "Related to Christmas" section on the wiki. I went through the list and will watch those which it indicates pretty much take place over the Thanksgiving to New Year holiday period. It'll have to be a bit over 50% before I'll count the title. It's been a while since I've watched "Funny Farm" so I'll just have to make a judgement call following viewing. Considering it's in my unwatched pile it'll move higher just in case... :)

On the other hand, the discussion earlier indicates"On Her Majesty's Secret Service" is a qualifying title although I don't recall a full 50%+ being at Christmas. I plan to watch it as well (doesn't hurt that it's one of my favorite Bonds) so I'll know shortly...

If you ask me, any film that introduces a major Christmas song should automatically be included. E.g.:
HOLIDAY INN: "White Christmas"
MEET ME IN ST. LOUIS: "Have Yourself a Very Merry Christmas"
ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE: "Do You Know Where Christmas Trees Are Born?"

(Okay, so maybe the latter isn't a "major" song, but it should be. Besides, what other Bond film gave us a holiday song?)

davidh777
12-29-10, 07:04 PM
If you ask me, any film that introduces a major Christmas song should automatically be included. E.g.:
HOLIDAY INN: "White Christmas"
MEET ME IN ST. LOUIS: "Have Yourself a Very Merry Christmas"
ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE: "Do You Know Where Christmas Trees Are Born?"

(Okay, so maybe the latter isn't a "major" song, but it should be. Besides, what other Bond film gave us a holiday song?)

I was hoping to have time for Holiday Inn and was totally going to count it, but yeah, I also realized the other day that strictly percentagewise it may not count. They'll never take me alive! :)

BobO'Link
12-29-10, 10:54 PM
^Ahh... but it's the "Holiday Challenge" (although it's generally accepted it's meant to be Thanksgiving - New Year). As it encorporates *all* the major holidays, "Holiday Inn" is a natural. :)

Travis McClain
12-29-10, 11:17 PM

It's a bit vague how much time passes between the opening of the film and Bond's arrival at Piz Gloria, but clearly everything there happens right at Christmastime. The local town is obviously decked out with wreaths and streamers for Christmas, Nina's aforementioned "Do You Know How Christmas Trees Are Grown?" plays at the skating rink, etc. There's even a remark Bond makes to Tracy that, "It isn't the New Year yet!" as justification for going ahead and giving into their lust after making wedding plans. Not sure what the specific percentage works out to, but I should think it meets the 50% minimum.

BobO'Link
12-30-10, 10:01 AM
^Cool (pun intended)! I'm planning to watch this either today or tomorrow and will put a clock on it "just because" (not that I doubt your assessment). It's been a while since I've seen this one and all I truly remember plot-wise is that it's during mid-winter, snow is everywhere, and Mrs. Bond (the lucous Diana Rigg) gets... I also like Lazenby's Bond and wish he could have done a few more. He comes in 2nd, following Connery as my favorite Bond. I tend to move the film itself up and down my list of favorite Bond films but it tends to stay in the #1 or #2 position most of the time with the other in the top 3 being "Dr. No" and "From Russia with Love".

Undeadcow
12-30-10, 12:47 PM
I hang my head in shame at having abandoned the challenge, I've become "one of those posters."

Numes
12-30-10, 01:15 PM
I hang my head in shame at having abandoned the challenge, I've become "one of those posters."

Me too, except I never really started it, so I didn't necessarily "abandon" it :(

I am so ashamed, in fact, that I have decided to delete my list post because I just haven't had any time to fill it out. I have watched a handful of holiday related titles, but I don't have the dates I watched anything and no comments about the titles. This stupid thing called work has been absolutely brutal the past few months.

I did want chime in, however, about movies that "take place during Christmas/holidays." I mentioned this in the thread earlier, but unless Christmas is a key component of the movie or it is an inherent part of the backgorund of the movie, I would not count it. Re-watching the Harry Potter movies recently, there is at least one scene in the movie where someone says "Merry Christmas" or whatnot, but I don't think that should count at all. First Blood has a Christmas tree in one scene, so it obviously takes place during the holidays, but just that one scene, in my opinion, doesn't mean it should be part of this challenge. On the flip side, "Gremlins" is overtly keen to take notice it takes place in the holidays without being a "Christmas" movie. That is one I would definitely count because many scenes in the movie are around Christmas related backgrounds or interact with Christmas related items. Just my two cents on how I would count titles, I think the "takes place during Christmas" qualification should be, well, qualified a bit.

Ash Ketchum
12-30-10, 01:49 PM
Re-watching the Harry Potter movies recently, there is at least one scene in the movie where someone says "Merry Christmas" or whatnot, but I don't think that should count at all. First Blood has a Christmas tree in one scene, so it obviously takes place during the holidays, but just that one scene, in my opinion, doesn't mean it should be part of this challenge.

FIRST BLOOD was Rambo not Harry Potter. I think you meant HALF-BLOOD. (:D)

The Monkees
12-30-10, 01:54 PM
FIRST BLOOD was Rambo not Harry Potter. I think you meant HALF-BLOOD. (:D)

Although I assume he did mean to say Half-Blood Prince, I do believe First Blood DOES have a Christmas tree in the police station at one point. I could be wrong, it's been a while since I've seen the movie, but I do believe it takes place during the Christmas season. I think there's also a Coca-Cola ad in the background with Santa Claus on it.

BobO'Link
12-30-10, 07:09 PM
Just finished watching "The Apartment" (Jack Lemmon, Shirley MacClaine, and Fred MacMurray). While it's very obvious the entire film takes place over the Christmas Holiday it almost feels anti-holiday because of the somewhat dark central theme. It's amazing how smarmy and callous MacMurray comes across. His role can come as a shock to those who've only seen him in "My Three Sons" or the many Disney films in which he performed.

Numes
12-30-10, 11:03 PM
Although I assume he did mean to say Half-Blood Prince, I do believe First Blood DOES have a Christmas tree in the police station at one point. I could be wrong, it's been a while since I've seen the movie, but I do believe it takes place during the Christmas season. I think there's also a Coca-Cola ad in the background with Santa Claus on it.

I did mean First Blood, as I wrote it.

The Monkees
12-30-10, 11:24 PM
I did mean First Blood, as I wrote it.

My (and Ash Ketchum's) bad ;)

davidh777
12-31-10, 02:25 AM
^Ahh... but it's the "Holiday Challenge" (although it's generally accepted it's meant to be Thanksgiving - New Year). As it encorporates *all* the major holidays, "Holiday Inn" is a natural. :)

I like your thinking :thumbsup:

Ash Ketchum
12-31-10, 07:28 AM
Just finished watching "The Apartment" (Jack Lemmon, Shirley MacClaine, and Fred MacMurray). While it's very obvious the entire film takes place over the Christmas Holiday it almost feels anti-holiday because of the somewhat dark central theme. It's amazing how smarmy and callous MacMurray comes across. His role can come as a shock to those who've only seen him in "My Three Sons" or the many Disney films in which he performed.

You should see him in DOUBLE INDEMNITY (1945), also directed by Billy Wilder.

Doc Moonlight
12-31-10, 11:51 AM
Just finished watching "The Apartment" (Jack Lemmon, Shirley MacClaine, and Fred MacMurray). While it's very obvious the entire film takes place over the Christmas Holiday it almost feels anti-holiday because of the somewhat dark central theme.

I would counter that THE APARTMENT is very much a holiday, particularly "New Year's Day" film. By the end of the film , the hero and the heroine have come to the realization that they must put their past behind them and start over, which is exactly what we do on New Year's Day when we make resolutions.

Corey31
12-31-10, 04:49 PM
For some reason I've been in the Christmas spirit even after Christmas. I doubled my total from last year and keep on going.

Quack
12-31-10, 05:12 PM
Moving and the holidays made this challenge harder to do the further along into the month we got.

The Monkees
01-01-11, 01:52 AM
Remember everyone, this challenge ends TONIGHT

Gobear
01-01-11, 01:57 AM
Remember everyone, this challenge ends TONIGHT

To be clear, the challenge's finale is 11:59 PM Jan 1, right?

Corey31
01-01-11, 02:16 AM
To be clear, the challenge's finale is 11:59 PM Jan 1, right?

11:59 CST, so that would be 12:59 Sunday for us on the east coast.

BobO'Link
01-01-11, 06:04 PM
Well... I'm done with 57 total items. I'd add a couple more this last day but I've moved on to the TVonDVD challenge.

Thanks to "The Monkees" for running this! As usual, I've had fun and this one has been much more "laid back" than others. It's been a nice change of pace!

See you in the TVonDVD discussion thread (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/581101-2010-tv-dvd-challenge-discussion-thread.html)!. :)

davidh777
01-01-11, 06:10 PM
Managed to pick off Die Hard last night and am trying to finish Holiday Inn for today. Found a bunch of Kino shorts and TV episodes that I could use to pad the numbers (and get double credit for the TV), but I think I'd rather just watch my faves. :)

Bluelitespecial
01-01-11, 07:24 PM
I couldn't really get into it this year, but still finished with 60.

Indy24LA
01-01-11, 07:37 PM
Finished with 30, 5 over my goal, so I'm happy. Much thanks to The Monkees for running this.

Travis McClain
01-02-11, 09:34 AM
My paltry list reflects my entire holiday season. A decent chunk of what I saw was involuntary (sitcom reruns my wife was watching) and a few of the titles I chose to watch were from the "set during the season" category. On the plus side, I finally saw Elf, Fred Claus and Scrooged and can now participate in conversations about all three.

"Maybe next year..."

The Monkees
01-02-11, 09:53 AM
Hey everyone! I'm glad everyone had a good time with this challenge! Now that it's over, please have your lists completed (and NUMBERED!) by Saturday January 8, 2011 so I can then begin working on the results list. Thanks!!

davidh777
01-02-11, 08:07 PM
Great close to the challenge: I slipped in It's a Wonderful Life and Love Actually (finally a first-time viewing) just before the deadline.

This is my first year participating in the challenges, and though I haven't posted great numbers, I've enjoyed the chance to get certain titles off my unwatched pile. Thanks to The Monkees for running this one.

Bluelitespecial
01-02-11, 08:11 PM
I think my favorite new Christmas episode this season goes to American Dad "For Whom the Sleigh Bells Toll". The Gun battle with the Smiths fighting off Santa and Elves was classic tv.

Bluelitespecial
01-11-11, 09:00 PM
Is the results thread going to be posted soon?

Bluelitespecial
01-14-11, 08:52 PM
results thread?

mijorico
02-08-11, 01:52 PM
No results thread this year? Not that it's a big deal.