Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Anchor Bay Bargain Horror Releases at K-Mart

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-10, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anchor Bay Bargain Horror Releases at K-Mart

I went to K-Mart today to look at DVDs and found some good re-release horror movies from AB. Sleepaway Camp, Children of the Corn, Halloween, Hellraiser, and a couple of others. $5 each.
Old 10-06-10, 04:33 PM

Re: Anchor Bay Bargain Horror Releases at K-Mart

I also seen the orphan and trick r treat for 5 bucks also.
Old 10-06-10, 11:38 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I picked up Children of the Corn & Halloween (Carpenter) there for $5 at the end of last month, didn't see The Orphan or Trick r Treat for $5 though, otherwise I probably would have picked them up.
Old 10-08-10, 03:59 PM

Today was the first time I've stepped into a K-Mart in at least five years. I was pretty bummed when I couldn't find any of the horror DVDs mentioned above in the electronics department with all the other DVDs. I was about to leave when I decided to check out the Halloween department just for the hell of it. To my surprise, there was a small cardboard stand with a batch of horror based DVDs. Picked up the original "Halloween" for $5.
Old 10-08-10, 07:32 PM

Was Hellraiser the 20th anniversary edition?
Old 10-16-10, 06:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by Vlyger
Today was the first time I've stepped into a K-Mart in at least five years. I was pretty bummed when I couldn't find any of the horror DVDs mentioned above in the electronics department with all the other DVDs. I was about to leave when I decided to check out the Halloween department just for the hell of it. To my surprise, there was a small cardboard stand with a batch of horror based DVDs. Picked up the original "Halloween" for $5.
Thanks for that locator info. I'd been to KM just before the OPs post looking for "bargains" (which are rarer than hen's teeth here) and saw nothing of note. Went back with the info you provided and scored the last copy of "Halloween". I'd have never looked in the Halloween dept. for DVDs even though it does make sense for them to be there to get those theme related impulse sales.
Old 10-16-10, 08:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can someone tell me the difference between the regular "Return of the Killer Tomatoes" vs the "Cult Fiction" version, in terms of extras? I seem to recall that those "CF" releases were just repackages, but I couldn't find any concrete confirmation.