Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon(can't handle big orders?)

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-10, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

I ordered 15 items(all on one order) today(7 thru Amazon Marketplace) and I get to the shipping choice page and make the selection and then I tried to go to the payment page but the page froze and couldn't access it. I called Amazon and the first rep said to download a new browser(what???). I'm not downloading nothing. I've never had a problem like this with Amazon. So I try ordering again and still no luck. I call back and talk to someone else and they said because of the many Amazon Marketplace orders it would be best to seperate them and make 2 orders so that's what I did and it worked ok. I had to use the one-click ordering and wasn't able to downgrade the shipping costs so I was stuck with paying almost 10 bucks for shipping.
Old 10-03-10, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Amazon(can't handle big orders?)

Ok....
Old 10-03-10, 07:01 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

Wouldn't it be at least $10 for shipping no matter what, since each marketplace seller is a separate charge?
Old 10-03-10, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found that zoverstocks, who sell dvd's on amazon, have trouble with big orders, i ordered 20 dvd's from them in 1 go and took over 2 weeks to recieve them, never usualy take that long.
Old 10-03-10, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Trevor
Wouldn't it be at least $10 for shipping no matter what, since each marketplace seller is a separate charge?
I ordered 8 items thru Amazon and the shipping was 9.91 and ordered everything else thru Amazon Marketplace.
Old 10-03-10, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Moviemanictc
I found that zoverstocks, who sell dvd's on amazon, have trouble with big orders, i ordered 20 dvd's from them in 1 go and took over 2 weeks to recieve them, never usualy take that long.
The Amazon rep said they had to help someone else who was having the same problem. If I order everything with one click (especially with Amazon) is there away to adjust the settings so you have automatic free shipping when the order becomes over 25 dollars?
Old 10-03-10, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

Are you using IE? If so I would recommend a new browser.
Old 10-03-10, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by dvd-4-life
The Amazon rep said they had to help someone else who was having the same problem. If I order everything with one click (especially with Amazon) is there away to adjust the settings so you have automatic free shipping when the order becomes over 25 dollars?
I don't know, but if the order hasn't been shipped yet, you should be able to go into your orders and change the shipping speed.
Old 10-03-10, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
I don't know, but if the order hasn't been shipped yet, you should be able to go into your orders and change the shipping speed.
It went into the shipping soon mode almost as soon as I made the order. I will let it slide this time but if I can't access the page for shipping speed on my next order,I will call them. I have had free shipping orders ship sooner than this order. I've never understood their logic in holding orders one time ,then shipping it fast the next time.
Old 10-03-10, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I thought the Marketplace shipping was entirely dependent on the individual Marketplace sellers and not always under the same shipping rules as items sold by Amazon.com? Or am I confusing it with something else.
Old 10-03-10, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I thought the Marketplace shipping was entirely dependent on the individual Marketplace sellers and not always under the same shipping rules as items sold by Amazon.com? Or am I confusing it with something else.
Markeplace has flat rates for shipping,dvds(2.98) and books (3.99). Not sure on other items. Plus they must ship within 48 business hours. I wish Amazon would practice what they preach. Free shipping(ship it right away,at least sometimes,not complaining about it) ,paid almost 10 bucks shipping(still hasn't shipped 2 days later).
Old 10-03-10, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by dvd-4-life
Markeplace has flat rates for shipping,dvds(2.98) and books (3.99). Not sure on other items. Plus they must ship within 48 business hours. I wish Amazon would practice what they preach. Free shipping(ship it right away,at least sometimes,not complaining about it) ,paid almost 10 bucks shipping(still hasn't shipped 2 days later).
Ah, gotcha. Didn't know there were flat rates on those items. You posted yesterday that you just placed the order on that day, so unless you're now talking about an entirely different order, it makes sense that nothing has shipped yet.
Old 10-03-10, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Ah, gotcha. Didn't know there were flat rates on those items. You posted yesterday that you just placed the order on that day, so unless you're now talking about an entirely different order, it makes sense that nothing has shipped yet.
I've had free shipping orders ship within a few hours(including Saturday) after making an order and then I've had free shipping orders that have sat for 4 or 5 days. So it seems like paying for shipping is a big waste of money.