Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Bass Shakers mounting questions.

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Bass Shakers mounting questions.

Old 08-31-00, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey I know i shouldnt have started this as a new topic but whatever...I have asked in the old one about mounting them under the floor and wanted to see if anyone could give me some more input. Heres the thing I watch movies from my bed(which is a waterbed to make it even more complex) and i have a 100w amp(50w to 2 channels which will be 25w to each bass shaker because i'm getting 4). I read somewhere eals that someone mounted 20!! of them under the floor and is whole house was shacking, now i dont what that much bass but will i even notice that they are there with only 4?? the other option is mounting them under the bed but I dont think that will sound/feel right because it is a waterbed. Has anyone mounted them under the floor?? Thanks For Any Input!!!!
Old 08-31-00, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quote:<HR>Originally posted by bakiller:
Hey I know i shouldnt have started this as a new topic but whatever...I have asked in the old one about mounting them under the floor and wanted to see if anyone could give me some more input. Heres the thing I watch movies from my bed(which is a waterbed to make it even more complex) and i have a 100w amp(50w to 2 channels which will be 25w to each bass shaker because i'm getting 4). I read somewhere eals that someone mounted 20!! of them under the floor and is whole house was shacking, now i dont what that much bass but will i even notice that they are there with only 4?? the other option is mounting them under the bed but I dont think that will sound/feel right because it is a waterbed. Has anyone mounted them under the floor?? Thanks For Any Input!!!!<HR>

As with many other things, there is no right or wrong answer to this question. Yes, they COULD work when mounted to the floor, but it depends a lot on the conditions of that particular floor. Try a couple of different arrangements and see what works best in your environment.

[This message has been edited by Dominus (edited August 31, 2000).]