Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon.com (Saturday deliveries)

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-10, 06:07 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just noticed that Amazon.com can deliver items on Saturdays. Does anyone know who the carrier is?
Old 09-30-10, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts
Re: Amazon.com (Saturday deliveries)

Doesn't every carrier deliver on Saturdays?
Old 09-30-10, 06:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
Doesn't every carrier deliver on Saturdays?

Of course the post office does. But I thought UPS and FED EX only deliver on Saturdays during the holidays or on rare occasions.
Old 09-30-10, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by pbishop69
Of course the post office does. But I thought UPS and FED EX only deliver on Saturdays during the holidays or on rare occasions.
The basic services (Ground, etc.) don't deliver on Saturdays, but both carriers have service levels which include Saturday delivery
Old 09-30-10, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

I've occasionally received items from Amazon via UPS on Saturdays.
Old 09-30-10, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just noticed that Amazon.com can deliver items on Saturdays. Does anyone know who the carrier is?
Ramona Flowers.
Old 10-01-10, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The one occasion where I had an Amazon (Warehouse Deals) order reach me on a Saturday, it came by FedEX. It was during my Prime trial back in March.
Old 10-01-10, 12:51 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
I've occasionally received items from Amazon via UPS on Saturdays.
this...
Old 10-01-10, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Doesnt fedex home deliver on Saturdays?
Old 10-01-10, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

For my Prime orders, if it's ordered on a Thursday, it arrives FedEx Ground/Home on Saturday.

All of my other Prime orders ship UPS 99.9% of the time.
Old 10-02-10, 05:59 AM
Banned

I ordered a dvd from Amazon via FED EX overnight on Friday. Im expecting the package sometime today. The dvd shipped from Amazon's warehouse in Bethlahem, PA. I live in NY. I just went to track the package and it says it went from Bethalhem PA to Newark NJ. Then from Newark NJ all the way to Memphis TN? Is this right? Why would FED EX send it all the way back to Memphis TN when its only 90 minutes away from my house in Newark. Do all overnight deliveries have to go through Memphis to process no matter where you live? I spent $20 for overnight shipping and I really hope my package hasn't been misrouted. The tracking info doesn't say anything about being misrouted and that its still expected to be delivered to me today. Has anyone experienced anything like this with FED EX?

Last edited by pbishop69; 10-02-10 at 07:08 AM.
Old 10-02-10, 08:32 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

20 for overnight shipping? too much for my blood.
Old 10-02-10, 11:42 AM

I ordered a dvd from Amazon via FED EX overnight on Friday. Im expecting the package sometime today. The dvd shipped from Amazon's warehouse in Bethlahem, PA. I live in NY. I just went to track the package and it says it went from Bethalhem PA to Newark NJ. Then from Newark NJ all the way to Memphis TN? Is this right? Why would FED EX send it all the way back to Memphis TN when its only 90 minutes away from my house in Newark. Do all overnight deliveries have to go through Memphis to process no matter where you live? I spent $20 for overnight shipping and I really hope my package hasn't been misrouted. The tracking info doesn't say anything about being misrouted and that its still expected to be delivered to me today. Has anyone experienced anything like this with FED EX?
FedEx & UPS has a Main Hub. Everything is ship there, then put into me crates that fit into the planes. Even if you ship it to the same city over night this happens. FYI UPS has in there main hub a computer repatare and live loblaters (sorry about the miss spelling).
Old 10-03-10, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

That's normal. FedEx's hub is in Memphis, TN. Because Bethlahem, PA doesn't have FedEx planes going back and forth to Newark, NJ (well, the respective airports), they route everything to Memphis.

For instance, there aren't planefulls of packages going from Phoenix to Vegas. But there are planefulls of FedEx overnight packages leaving Phoenix. So that plane goes to Memphis and is disburses from there.