Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

JBL NSP1 Home Theater Package opinions

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

JBL NSP1 Home Theater Package opinions

Old 08-28-00, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
I am considering purchasing this home theater package from Amazon with a bunch of GC I have built up. My receiver is the Aiwa AV-DV725 (supports DD 5.1 but not DTS).

Has anyone had any experience with this system? Is it good for movies and music? It looks great, except for the lack of a subwoofer. Hopefully I'd be able to add that soon enough.

The wife keeps a pretty tight watch on the home electronics budget...

Thanks,

Brian
Old 08-30-00, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think BJL NSP1 is very very good Speaker system. I have BOSE AM10 and, I just bought NSP1 for one of my cousin and its very hard to find the difference between two system. These speakers are the best in its price range.

I bought it my cousins' from J&R in New York for $299. And I know in Amazon they are lot more than that.

I would suggest that you do your research and get the best price for JBL NSP1. There are few sites that sells for cheaper than Amazon. (i.e. 800.com).

You should use your Amazon GCs for KLH 8" down firing subwoofer, since you need one. I think that sub is worth lot more than what you pay for. It is priced at $99 on Amazon, but when you listen to that sub, it sounds like a very expensive sub. Read the Reviews, they are absolutely right.

Anyway, JBL NSP is very good system. Go for it, you will love the system.

Around $300 for JBL is what you should pay. Anything more than that would be waste of money.
Old 08-31-00, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
Thanks for the info. I went ahead and ordered from Amazon since I had all the GC ($500 worth), and I will definitely keep the KLH subwoofer in mind (actually I already added it to my wishlist, so I don't lose track of it).

I'm still happy even though I "paid" too much for the system. No cash out of pocket = happy wife!!

Thanks for the reassurance that it is a good system though.