Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon Marketplace(wrong item)?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-10, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

Whats the normal policy when a wrong item has been sent? I checked the sellers policy and they don't have one. I did email them about the situation. I am certainly not going to ship the item back since its value is less than 10 dollars plus shipping too boot.
Old 09-25-10, 03:54 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: Amazon Marketplace(wrong item)?

If they don't refund you the money, then complain to Amazon and they will give you your money back without having to send the item back. It is in their A-Z guarantee which is great for buyers and really tough on sellers.
Old 09-25-10, 06:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had that happen a couple of months ago. I received a CD that wasn't the one that I had ordered. I emailed the vendor and a few days later I received a reply. They had me send the CD back and they refunded the full amount of the CD/shipping and then, in another transaction, they refunded the return postage. So sit tight and see what they say.
Old 09-25-10, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by RonG617
If they don't refund you the money, then complain to Amazon and they will give you your money back without having to send the item back. It is in their A-Z guarantee which is great for buyers and really tough on sellers.
Yea. This is the best advice. I sell tons of stuff on Amazon. And they're real hardasses about fulfillment times, A-Z claims, etc. Anything that's missed by 1%-or-so and your account will be suspended.
Old 09-25-10, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by BigSue
I had that happen a couple of months ago. I received a CD that wasn't the one that I had ordered. I emailed the vendor and a few days later I received a reply. They had me send the CD back and they refunded the full amount of the CD/shipping and then, in another transaction, they refunded the return postage. So sit tight and see what they say.
This is true. The seller can reimburse for up to an extra $5-or-so, to cover the return postage. It's easy as cake on the seller's side.
Old 09-27-10, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

The correct item was shipped today. Guess I get to keep the wrong item.
Old 10-02-10, 11:46 AM

Not going to make this long (Head hurts). I order a fuel pump on Thursday it was to be here over night so it could be put in. It came, the wrong bloody one. I had to go out and buy one from the store costing me over $110 extra. I send Amazon, pictures of the website, pictures of the item, pictures of the right items (they ship me the wrong one), everything (I really like the Droid X). Then called them. They seen it was the sellers doing. In the end they step it and said we are sorry.
Old 11-06-10, 09:02 AM

My experience with Amazon 3rd party sellers the last couple of years has put me off ordering from them very much. Out of about 10 orders, half have been screwed up one way or another. Four of the five credited me and didn't require returning the wrong/defective item. Still, my time is wasted because of their incompetence. The other wanted me to ship back, wasting even more time. One that I gave a mediocre review to because of the messed up order, came back at me whining that the review was hurting his business and would I please write a glowing positive review instead or delete the old one. What an idiot!