Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Twilight Zone Individual Seasons

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-10, 08:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Twilight Zone Individual Seasons

Amazon had been listing the individual Twilight Zone seasons at around $29.99 for quite some time. I was finally able to put together a few Amazon gift cards to order the sets but now they're up to over $60.00 each!

Does anyone know whether these sets are usually included in Amazon's annual Halloween sale? I know I can pick up the Complete Definitive Collection for $142.00 but the packaging complaints are scaring me away from it.
Old 09-21-10, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Twilight Zone Individual Seasons

With the Blu-Rays announce recently, these will be on sale soon is my guess.
Old 09-22-10, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not to mention people dropping their copies like flies on amazon marketplace and eBay.
Old 09-22-10, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by dmkb
Not to mention people dropping their copies like flies on amazon marketplace and eBay.
Were the SD DVD copies of the Twilight Zone seasons so bad that there will be a flood of people upgrading to BD? A couple years ago I bought all the seasons from DD which worked out to a little under $18 each. I still haven't watched a single episode, so I don't know how the quality compares, but my typical experience with most DVDs (even Image's) is that they are watchable. Assuming that, I will probably live with what I already bought since unfortunately I'm not rich enough (unlike a lot of other Americans apparently) that I can afford to upgrade everything from SD DVD to BD. SD DVD was the first format whose quality was sufficient for me that I don't feel the need unless the previous transfers were bad. On top of that, how often do I watch TZ episodes? I've had the sets for 2 years and have watched 0 due to lack of time and too many other higher priority movies to watch. So if I bought the BD sets, by the time I got around to watching them they would have Super BD or some other format.
Old 09-22-10, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana
Were the SD DVD copies of the Twilight Zone seasons so bad that there will be a flood of people upgrading to BD? A couple years ago I bought all the seasons from DD which worked out to a little under $18 each. I still haven't watched a single episode, so I don't know how the quality compares, but my typical experience with most DVDs (even Image's) is that they are watchable. Assuming that, I will probably live with what I already bought since unfortunately I'm not rich enough (unlike a lot of other Americans apparently) that I can afford to upgrade everything from SD DVD to BD. SD DVD was the first format whose quality was sufficient for me that I don't feel the need unless the previous transfers were bad. On top of that, how often do I watch TZ episodes? I've had the sets for 2 years and have watched 0 due to lack of time and too many other higher priority movies to watch. So if I bought the BD sets, by the time I got around to watching them they would have Super BD or some other format.
From what I've read, the SD DVD quality is outstanding. The BD version has been reviewed as superior and they've added more extras to the mix. So far, I haven't seen an influx of the Season 1 SD DVD versions showing up on Amazon or Ebay. I just don't understand Amazon's price adjustment of the SD DVD's when the BD version can (and assumedly will) be able to be purchased for around the same price.
Old 09-22-10, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
Were the SD DVD copies of the Twilight Zone seasons so bad that there will be a flood of people upgrading to BD?
the dvd definitive versions are great
Old 10-05-10, 11:39 AM

All individual seasons are back down to $28.99 each on Amazon!