Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Any known issues with some players/movies?

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Any known issues with some players/movies?

Old 08-25-00, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was wondering if there were any known problems with some players (specifically, the Toshiba 2109) not playing some movies (specifically, "Private Parts"). If not, then I obviously have a bum copy. What happens is this: the FBI / Interpol screens come up, and then it just hangs there, not budging. Thing is, I know I've watched this movie on this player before, and I've cleaned the disc and tried it, still with no luck. So if anyone has experienced similar problems, please let me know before I go out and get another copy with the same problem.

Thanks!
Old 08-25-00, 02:57 PM

Try a search on this topic. There are DOZENS of threads that already discuss probs with Tochiba DVD Players. Yes they exist - there are firmware issues, but you can get your firmware updated and if you have the 2109 (last year's model) the newest firmware should play pretty much everything.
Old 08-26-00, 02:09 AM

for an official list of ALL known DVD player conflicts, please check the official DVD FAQ:
http://dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html

it has an EXTENSIVE list of all known conflicts

Old 08-26-00, 01:34 PM

I have the exact same problem with Private Parts on my 2109. I am able to get it to play by keep pushing the skip, stop & pause buttons on the unit itself, and after a few minutes the menu screen comes up.