The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Incredible Hulk - Complete Series $40 @ Oldies.com

any coupons that work?
Old 08-25-10, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is about the going price on ebay. BIN's selling for about $43 and auctions ending for as low as $33
Old 08-25-10, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by Jacoby Ellsbury
This is about the going price on ebay. BIN's selling for about $43 and auctions ending for as low as $33
Yeah I got one of eBay a few months ago for $39 shipped. I actually pm'd the guy and offered more to end the auction sooner but he seemed to think it would go higher.
Old 08-25-10, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SterlingBen
Yeah I got one of eBay a few months ago for $39 shipped. I actually pm'd the guy and offered more to end the auction sooner but he seemed to think it would go higher.
Or he thought you might be a scammer.
Old 09-06-10, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
any coupons that work?
Nothing but the pick a cheap freebie with your order, but they have free ship through 9/7 for $25 and up.

My son's arrived with a little shelf wear, but the contents are perfect.
Old 09-09-10, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Jacoby Ellsbury
Thanks for mentioning this. I scored a copy for $33 shipped - and one auction shortly after went for just $29 total.

Also ordered a new copy of the 2-Disc Hulk TV Movie Double Feature for $4 shipped on Half.com.

Last edited by joe_b; 09-10-10 at 05:43 AM.
Old 02-02-11, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ships from and sold by Game Funk at Buy.com Marketplace

$24.99 at Buy.com Marketplace as of 02/02/11
Old 02-02-11, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Ships from and sold by Game Funk at Buy.com Marketplace

Originally Posted by bigjim25
$24.99 at buy.com marketplace as of 02/02/11
thank you
Old 02-02-11, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Ships from and sold by Game Funk at Buy.com Marketplace

Originally Posted by bigjim25
$24.99 at Buy.com Marketplace as of 02/02/11
Since it's a different store, you should've started a new thread....
Old 02-02-11, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Navinabob
thank you
Originally Posted by GMan2819
Since it's a different store, you should've started a new thread....
You are welcome.
I put it in big letters and green because I was to lazy to start a new thread plus just wanted to let people know this is the lowest I've seen it.
Old 02-02-11, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts

I was just about to post this. I couldn't help myself and picked up a copy.
Old 02-02-11, 04:25 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Good deal. I think I paid closer to $50 during an Amazon Gold Box deal a while back.

But in the end I sold it and went for the individual seasons recently @ $10 a piece. It is not all that often I will double dip due to packaging but I did not like the full series box. It is nothing more then a wide box with the thin cases in two stacks, which makes it take up too much shelf space and is not the all that convenient for swapping out disks as you complete one. In addition, the lenticular covers of the individual seasons are much more interesting. Just my opinion.
Old 02-02-11, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

I've had the "Ultimate Collection" for a long time and had passed over the season sets. At this price, I can't pass it up. Thanks, bigjim!
Old 02-02-11, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I couldn't pass on this either. I had recently bought seasons 3, 4, 5 for $9.99 each. I've owned 1 and 2 for a while. I can return my 3, 4, 5 and get more money back than I paid for this. I guess I'll gift my S1 and S2...
Old 02-02-11, 06:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

couldn't resist the 24.99 price.. and I paid with it with extra $ I got from my dvd copy of Tron! Thanks.
Old 02-02-11, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by adrenaline78
couldn't resist the 24.99 price.. and I paid with it with extra $ I got from my dvd copy of Tron! Thanks.
how much did you get for tron? I got $92 for mine...
Old 02-02-11, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Can the thin packs be taken out of this Incredible Hulk complete set and placed on a normal DVD shelf by themselves without the large outer box?

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
how much did you get for tron? I got $92 for mine...
I only got $75 for my new copy (before fees and shipping). I think the reason I got a low amount was minutes after I put mine up a few weeks ago, some large reseller flooded eBay with numerous new copies at $75 buy it now, so I was probably lucky to get $75 that week. If I had a crystal ball (which I don't) I would've waited another week. I'm used to always getting the bottom of the low end range on anything I sell there, and it's another reason why I rarely sell anything there. My funniest and saddest eBay story is how I sold an OOP laserdisc several years ago for $60, the buyer whined how lucky I was to get that much and so I paid an extra $5 to ship it priority to him, then when he emailed he got it he bragged that he only bought it to make a capture and burn a DVD of it, then he'd resell it. 1 week later he put my same disc back up and this time it got $160. My same disc was magically worth $100 more when someone else sold it.
Old 02-02-11, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ouch, that really sucks, Marzana (regarding both the laser disc and Tron). I know the feeling though. A little over a year ago I sold Sideshow's 18" Sam figure (from Trick R Treat) and only got $60 for it, while other sellers were getting $100 at the time. Two months later it started getting $150, and now gets even more since no one is selling it...

Somehow I don't think this Hulk set will suddenly be worth a mint, but it surely is worth 25 bucks! (trying to relate back to the original topic)
Old 02-02-11, 09:43 PM

I also ordered a set. Thanks, OP.

I also have a sad ebay story: I once sold a book on ebay for $100. I was happy to get that much. Then, a week or two later, the buyer put the same book back up on ebay and someone bought it for $300 buy-it-now!!! Ouch, that hurt!
Old 02-02-11, 10:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Manzana
Can the thin packs be taken out of this Incredible Hulk complete set and placed on a normal DVD shelf by themselves without the large outer box?
Yes they can. They are standard slim (7mm) cases. In fact, they are the same as what comes in the individual season cardboard sleeves. The only difference is that the shortened last season is also in the two 7mm cases where as the individual last season is in two standard thickness cases (so that overall it appears the same width as the previous seasons w/four slim cases).
Old 02-03-11, 12:02 AM

just got it thanks bigjim that is a CRAZY price. Hopefully they offer i love lucy and knight rider one day for this price
Old 02-03-11, 01:04 AM

Checking out their what's shakin' section, I see Greatest American Hero-Complete Series $9.99, which is $5 less than amazon has it.
Old 02-03-11, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

I'd like to add a to the large, green post that bigjim posted. Nice touch considering this is the Incredible Hulk set.
Old 02-03-11, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana

I only got $75 for my new copy (before fees and shipping). I think the reason I got a low amount was minutes after I put mine up a few weeks ago, some large reseller flooded eBay with numerous new copies at $75 buy it now, so I was probably lucky to get $75 that week. If I had a crystal ball (which I don't) I would've waited another week. I'm used to always getting the bottom of the low end range on anything I sell there, and it's another reason why I rarely sell anything there. My funniest and saddest eBay story is how I sold an OOP laserdisc several years ago for $60, the buyer whined how lucky I was to get that much and so I paid an extra $5 to ship it priority to him, then when he emailed he got it he bragged that he only bought it to make a capture and burn a DVD of it, then he'd resell it. 1 week later he put my same disc back up and this time it got $160. My same disc was magically worth $100 more when someone else sold it.
I must've put my Tron up at the best time (around Christmas) and got $140 for a new copy. Prices are down to $80. This is one disc I really wanted but NO MOVIE is worth $100 to me,especially one that I don't remember that I liked a whole lot or not. (And one I that will be re-released next year!). I remember having Condorman and decided to part with it. Got $150 for it. 6 months later Disney re-released it and I picked up a copy for $8. The Anchor Bay copies I saw on eBay at that time had fallen to $25.

Another score I made was selling my Emma Peel Avengers set a month or so ago for $425 (fees were like $60 bucks), but A&E always reprints their stuff eventually and if for some reason, they don't, it wasn't worth keeping it for that kind of money.

ON THE NOTE OF EBAY AUCTIONS: I have found that it is better to do a reasonable fixed price listing (with greater fees) than an auction. It is rare that auctions will yield a very good price (the days of bidding wars is over). Just be around the lowest and monitor the competition. The Emma Peel set I put up was originally at 375 (and was the lowest on Amazon MP), but when the other one sold, the next lowest (besides mine) was 450, so I raised the price to 425 and it sold within couple of weeks. Common sense stuff that just takes a little time.

BTW I scoured auctions for a couple of weeks and got Hulk Complete for around 26.50, so not too far off. I do like the outside packaging, but wish they grouped the individual discs into sets instead of just stacking them.

Last edited by That'sAllFolks; 02-03-11 at 07:23 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.