TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Warehouse 13 -- "Merge with Caution" -- 08/24/10

Old 08-24-10, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts
Warehouse 13 -- "Merge with Caution" -- 08/24/10

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Myka attends her high-school reunion while Pete enjoys some time with his girlfriend, but an artifact upsets their plans to enjoy a normal weekend, and Artie and Claudia take on a mission of their own.

Episode 8 of 13

I just watched last week's episode a few days ago with H.G. Wells. Not sure where they are going with it, but it was entertaining nevertheless. I didn't get the sexual tension/lesbian vibe some of you were getting with H.G. and Myka. I think that is just the way Jaime Murray acts in her scenes with her co-stars. She has a very sexual vibe, I especially remember that from her stint on Dexter.

Last edited by DJariya; 08-31-10 at 03:38 AM.
Old 08-25-10, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: Warehouse 13 -- "Merge with Caution" -- 08/24/10

I love these kind of episodes where characters get to play as another character. Myka's version of Pete was funny.
Old 08-25-10, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

This was a really fun episode. Body switch shows/movies have been done over and over, but they really played this one very well. Cody Rhodes did a very good job, and really I could see him making s smooth transition into acting, or at least into WWE Films.

Even the B story with Claudia and Arte was pretty good. All around my favorite episode of the season.
Old 08-25-10, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I didn't get the sexual tension/lesbian vibe some of you were getting with H.G. and Myka.
Imagine what might have happened had this week's occurrences merged with last week's sexual tension scenario?

Originally Posted by Axeramm
I love these kind of episodes where characters get to play as another character. Myka's version of Pete was funny.
I actually thought the exact opposite. I enjoyed Pete's version of Myka. "Stop touching my breasts!"
Old 08-25-10, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Caught this show for the first time and thought it was a lot of fun. Compared to other SyFy shows, it had a fast pace. Claudia reminds me of Abby from NCIS, which is a good thing.
Old 08-25-10, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
Caught this show for the first time and thought it was a lot of fun. Compared to other SyFy shows, it had a fast pace. Claudia reminds me of Abby from NCIS, which is a good thing.
It's a pretty easy show to get into without needing to know much back story. There are very small serial story elements. Most of it is fun steam punk science fiction cases of the week which involve a re-interpretation of some historical artifacts. Be warned though, the character Pete, played by Eddie McClintock is an acquired taste. He can come across as really annoying, but it's part of his schtick.
Old 08-26-10, 04:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 972 Likes on 605 Posts

Claudia rocked in this episode! I didn't care as much for the Pete/Myka storyline, though I do think the actors did a good job exchanging personalities.
Old 08-26-10, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Best episode of the season, so far.

Funny how Myka (Pete) would sit with her (his) legs spread and they would position a plant in front. Lot's of obvious and silly humor at times, but that's ok, It's fun.

Couldn't believe how much skin they were showing.

Kelly in the shirt

Two peeps from Defying Gravity, Paula Garcés (Kelly the Vet) and Laura Harris (Femme Fatale)

I still don't like some of the artifact resolutions. Most notably the stockings. Sure the concept is clever enough ,but the execution was too hurried.

I wish the show would concentrate on one story line and up the tension to an adult level. Eureka does a much better job of this.
Old 08-26-10, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I liked this one, but didn't really love it the way I usually do. I'm just not a fan of unrelated A and B storylines in a single episode. It is kind of like the writers are admitting that they couldn't come up with a story idea with enough depth to carry a 43 minute episode.
Old 08-26-10, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk God

Very fun episode with lots of humor. Thought Joanne Kelly and Eddie McClintock did a great job with the character switches. Pete as Myka was hilarious. Loved his awkward interaction with Kelly and how he kept covering up his breasts..LOL. Paula Garces showed a nice amount of skin in this episode. I also liked Myka as Pete when she was talking sports and sat with her legs open in that tight dress. The editor of this episode did a good job with the scene where they constantly switched bodies after the merge.
Old 08-26-10, 12:14 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 399 Likes on 248 Posts

Claudia is becoming more and more annoying! UGH... I fucking can't stand her delivery of her lines! They are trying to write her as some hipster-cool chick, and it's just fucking falling flat.....

Joanne Kelly is so goofy-hot, I just want to eat her up.

Good for Pete for bedding the hot chick from the Shield. See guys? No means yes!
Old 08-27-10, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fun episode as all body switching episodes should be.
Myka in Pete's body was especially funny.
Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
Claudia is becoming more and more annoying! UGH... I fucking can't stand her delivery of her lines! They are trying to write her as some hipster-cool chick, and it's just fucking falling flat.....
I thought last week she was worse, but it does get annoying sometimes. I do like the interaction between her and Artie though.
Old 08-29-10, 03:20 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 399 Likes on 248 Posts

this has been renewed for a S3! yay!