DVD Talk
Problem all of a sudden getting packages from Amazon.co.fr [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Problem all of a sudden getting packages from Amazon.co.fr

Daytripper
08-24-10, 01:40 AM
I have purchased at LEAST twenty DVD's in the past two or more years from Amazon.co.fr with absolutely no problem. I ordered "Agora" on BD from them about two weeks ago and I just got an e-mail that the DVD was "attempted" to get delivered to my address, couldn't, and it was returned. WTF!? I was credited the amount charged but I have no idea what happened. I don't speak French so I had to go to a English to French translation website and translate a message to send them asking why this happened. I've since ordered "Rob Roy" from them and I hope the same thing doesn't happen. Has anyone else ever had this problem? You don't need a signature to receive these items. Such as in the past. So I don't know why they couldn't deliver it. And, is there a number I can call to talk to someone about it? Thanks in advance.

cine
08-24-10, 08:56 PM
I had this "undeliverable" problem recently with an order from Amazon.uk. Based on the elapsed time between the order shipping date and the date of arrival back at the warehouse I concluded that the package could not have made the entire round trip to my local Post Office and back. I browsed around the Amazon.uk's archived customer help responses and read that a likely cause for this problem is due to lost or unreadable mailing labels.

Daytripper
08-24-10, 09:47 PM
I had this "undeliverable" problem recently with an order from Amazon.uk. Based on the elapsed time between the order shipping date and the date of arrival back at the warehouse I concluded that the package could not have made the entire round trip to my local Post Office and back. I browsed around the Amazon.uk's archived customer help responses and read that a likely cause for this problem is due to lost or unreadable mailing labels.

Thanks. Did you re-order? And if so, did you eventually get that item?

cine
08-25-10, 07:48 PM
Yes, I re-ordered and received the second shipment within a week.