Search this Thread

Old 08-23-10, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
The Closer -- "Jump the Gun" -- 08/23/10

The Closer

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
The squad investigates a deadly bank robbery likely committed by a notorious gang of thieves, but this latest crime doesn't fit their modus operandi. Meanwhile, Pope receives word about his chances for landing the police-chief post as office politics continue to churn.

Episode 7 of 15

There are 3 more episodes left this summer.
Old 08-24-10, 02:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: The Closer -- "Jump the Gun" -- 08/23/10

I dont see any way for Brenda to become the new chief. She is needed too much in the job she has.
Old 08-24-10, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts

I felt so bad for Pope at the end of this episode. I don't see Brenda getting it either b/c it would change the entire framework of the show. Is it wrong for me to hope Taylor gets it? He's tried so hard to redeem himself since the first season and all he gets is a crappy cubicle. It would be funny on so many different levels.
Old 08-24-10, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by lisadoris
I felt so bad for Pope at the end of this episode. I don't see Brenda getting it either b/c it would change the entire framework of the show. Is it wrong for me to hope Taylor gets it? He's tried so hard to redeem himself since the first season and all he gets is a crappy cubicle. It would be funny on so many different levels.
I actually think that Taylor is one of the best supporting characters in television. What could be a cliched boring character, is instead a very deep and real character that adds a lot to the show
Old 08-25-10, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lisadoris
Is it wrong for me to hope Taylor gets it?
If he were even in the running, don't you think Pope would have also mentioned that when he heard about the "short list" to Brenda? The show centers around "major crimes" division. You can't pull the closer out of that setting. More likely it will be a new character who then begins to again scrutinize major crimes to see if it is a genuine necessity for the LAPD.
Old 08-25-10, 09:44 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts

Yeah, Brenda can't get the chief's job. This whole plot line was most likely created to add tension between Brenda and Pope, to infuse a new dynamic into the show.
Old 08-25-10, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by rfduncan
If he were even in the running, don't you think Pope would have also mentioned that when he heard about the "short list" to Brenda? The show centers around "major crimes" division. You can't pull the closer out of that setting. More likely it will be a new character who then begins to again scrutinize major crimes to see if it is a genuine necessity for the LAPD.
Taylor being on the list probably would have come up earlier but I don't think Pope would have mentioned it when he talked about the short list. He was so angry and hurt that it was all about getting Brenda out of his office as quickly as possible. I do agree the Chief will probably be a new person but I just like the idea of more Taylor - he's a good actor and it's an underused character.

Now that I think about it, it would be interesting for Brenda to get the Chief job and for Taylor to get Major Crimes (which he wanted in the first place). Then we can all take over/under bets on how long it would take for Brenda to start lobbying for her old job back.