Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Horror Film Club (August 16th) - Session 9

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-10, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts

Session 9 (2001)

IMDB | Trailer | Review

Netflix Watch Instantly Link

Selected by advdfreak.

SYNOPSIS:
Spoiler:
It looms up out of the woods like a dormant beast. Grand, imposing...abandoned and deteriorating, the Danvers State Mental Hospital, closed down for 15 years is about to receive 5 new visitors.

Donning protective gear, the men of the Hazmat Elimination Co. venture into the eerily vast and vacant asylum that is filled with an evil and mysterious past.
Rampant patient abuse, medieval medical procedure and rumors of demonic possession are some of the many dark secrets the hospital holds — but then so do each of the men.

FUN FACTS
The film unit only ever used a very small percentage of the building as most of it was off limits as it was unsafe.

Actor David Caruso reports in the official Production Notes that he saw "something pass my window" when shooting inside the Bonner Medical Building of Danvers State Hospital.
"I didn't want to tell anybody, because people would start looking at me strangely..."

Spoiler tags are unnecessary in these discussion threads, so if you have yet to see the film BEWARE OF SPOILERS.

Horror Film Club Home

Old 08-20-10, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts
Re: Horror Film Club (August 16th) - Session 9

I streamed this thru Netflix on my own a few months ago so I probably won't re-watch it again. I did enjoy it though. Very creepy atmosphere and extremely creepy asylum. It has a nice twist at the end that some may or may not see coming along with some good performances by the actors. Looks like it was filmed on a $100 budget one weekend but that helps with it's charm.

My rating: **** out of *****
Old 08-23-10, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 123 Likes on 67 Posts
Re: Horror Film Club (August 16th) - Session 9

This is such a good little movie I think. It is just all suspense IMO, and builds it nicely. The tapes are so creepy when they are being played. The mental hospital is like a character all itself. The twist is actually good, and creepy. 6/10