Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Hardly Strictly Bluegrass (free festival in SF)

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-10, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Pretty amazing lineup for a free festival!

Elvis Costello, Fountains of Wayne, Avett Brothers, Martin Sexton, Connor Oberst, Nick Lowe, Patti Smith, Emmylou Harris, Randy Newman, Joan Baez, Richard Thompson, The Dukes of September (Donald Fagen, Michael McDonald & Boz Scaggs), Steve Earle, Indigo Girls, Jonathan Richman, Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings, and lots and lots more.

Oct. 1-3, 2010
Golden Gate Park, San Francisco

More info here:
http://www.strictlybluegrass.com/
Old 08-14-10, 04:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass (free festival in SF)

Yeah, I'm not sure if I'm going this year or not. Last year had the best line-ups of any year that I've ever gone, but it also had the worst crowds (in terms of numbers) by far. And there's just so many artists this year that I either have never heard of or am not in love with. Don't get me wrong, it's a GREAT festival and I know there's still solid stuff, and there's sure to be things new to me that I would like, but nothing's really psyching me up for it when I also think about the crowd situation.

Last year really was incredible, though, for me at least. Old Crow Medicine Show, Aimee Mann, John Prine, Steve Earle, Old 97's, Okkervil River, Billy Joe Shaver, Billy Bragg, and my three personal favorites: Steve Martin, Booker T. and Drive-By Truckers, and especially Lyle Lovett and his Large Band. This year, it seems like most of the repeats are ones I wasn't that into.