Reload this Page >

Daredevil vs. Punisher question

Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Old 08-11-10, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why does Daredevil only have a Fighting Prowess of 5 according to the Marvel Handbook and The Punisher has a 6. In just about every fight they have had Daredevil schools him. Even Punisher admits this in two internal monologues that I can recall.

The Punisher did win in "The Punisher kills the Marvel Universe" but to be fair he sorta kills everyone outside of his power level... Plus he's taken out Daredevil once with a "sonic trap" but I don't think that should really count in a fighting skill count.

Here is the official blurb on Daredevil:
Daredevil has also been trained in the ninja arts by Stick, a master and member of the secret order The Chaste. Nick Fury, former director of S.H.I.E.L.D, commented that there are only a handful of individuals that know what Matt Murdock kn...ows, referring to the Chaste. Stick helped Daredevil control his powers and taught him valuable fighting techniques with ninja-stealth, ninja-vanishing, to even life-energy(chi/ki)control. Matt uses a variety of pressure points as in paralyzing an entire body or certain parts of the body. He's disabled eye sight, speech, induced pain, and even has knowledge of death pressure points. Daredevil's fighting style blends American-style Boxing, Ninjutsu, Judo, Aikijujutsu and various other martial arts, most notably Stick Fighting with his acrobatic ability. His skills have proven sufficient to allow him to defeat, or at least hold his own, against some of the greatest fighters on Earth. He has fought opponents such as the Black Panther, Taskmaster, Sabretooth, and Wolverine to standstills, even impaling Wolverine with a sword while the mutant was in a feral state due to brainwashing by the terrorists known as Hydra.

Here is the official blurb on Punisher:
Castle is a seasoned combat veteran of exceptional skills. He is well-versed in the arts of warfare and hand-to-hand combat. His styles of choice being Nash Ryu Ju Jitsu, (the four-style martial art founded by his Sensei Adam Nash and the Marine Corps LINE combat system) Ninjutsu, Shorin-Ryu, Hwarangdo, and Chin Na. He is an exceptional knife fighter who carries up to 3 or 4 different types of edged weapons, preferring the knife he learned to fight with in the USMC: the Ka-bar.

Anyone have thoughts on them going at it? Are the fighting stats fair?

And, just for kicks, here is the best fight the two of them have had in my humble opinion.

http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/81...hread=23247622
Old 08-11-10, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Daredevil vs. Punisher question

DD never went to 'Nam. Nuff said.
Old 08-15-10, 01:09 AM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am too lazy to get off my ass and go through my long boxes,but in the Welcome Back Frank story by Garth Ennis,I think the Punisher beats up DareDevil and chains him up,to prevent him from killing someone.
Old 08-15-10, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 368 Likes on 262 Posts

In that story Punisher chained up Daredevil and gave him a gun, saying he would have to shoot Punisher if he wanted him to stop him from killing a bad guy. I think he removed the firing pin from the gun or something though.
Old 08-16-10, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Garth had DD beat Punisher is the hand-to-hand department if I recall but got the last laugh with a "sonic trap" devise that over-loaded DD's hearing and knocked him out.
Old 08-16-10, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 419 Likes on 286 Posts

Punisher can see....