Dark Blue -- "Shelter of the Beast" -- 08/11/10

Old 08-11-10, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,625 Likes on 2,602 Posts
Dark Blue -- "Shelter of the Beast" -- 08/11/10

Dark Blue

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
In a clandestine sting to squash an infamous drug-cartel king, Carter must masquerade as an adult-film impresario and Dean inches closer to their mark's daughter (Jordana Brewster), a fetching art-gallery owner.

Episode 3 of 10

Yay! More Jordana Brewster

Enjoyed last week's 2 hour premiere. If you read my comments, I thought episode 2 was alot better than episode 1.

Ratings were disappointing though last week. 2.5M viewers and 0.6 in the demos.
Old 08-11-10, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Dark Blue -- "Shelter of the Beast" -- 08/11/10

Originally Posted by DJariya
Yay! More Jordana Brewster
I'll see your and raise you a

Ratings were disappointing though last week. 2.5M viewers and 0.6 in the demos.
I'm surprised the ratings are so low, since this is on TNT. Was Season 1 really bad or something? The two episodes last week were pretty strong.
Old 08-11-10, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
I'll see your and raise you a

I'm surprised the ratings are so low, since this is on TNT. Was Season 1 really bad or something? The two episodes last week were pretty strong.
Season 1 IMO was very good. It's really early this season, but the content was alot darker/depressing last season. It had about the same kind of numbers (2.5-3.5M viewers a week) and barely squeaked by with a renewal.

Considering shows like Rizzoli and Isles and The Closer have set the bar really high (6.5-7M per week) It's going to be a really tough call if this can make a season 3.

Last edited by DJariya; 08-11-10 at 07:01 PM.
Old 08-11-10, 10:33 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Season 1 IMO was very good. It's really early this season, but the content was alot darker/depressing last season. It had about the same kind of numbers (2.5-3.5M viewers a week) and barely squeaked by with a renewal.

Considering shows like Rizzoli and Isles and The Closer have set the bar really high (6.5-7M per week) It's going to be a really tough call if this can make a season 3.
Well I hope it makes it for another season. Tonight's episode was pretty good. I love how Carter told Dean 'he should fire his skinny ass'
Old 08-12-10, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk God

This was a pretty good episode. I'm glad the Carter/Alex thing took a backseat to them trying to bring down Garza. There was some really good character development with Dean in this episode and his interactions with Jordana Brewster's character. I loved the final scene where Carter got pissed for Dean fucking up the whole operation.

I have to believe that the Garza storyline will be brought back by the season finale.
Old 08-12-10, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Now that I think about it. Dean should have gotten suspended for blowing up the operation. I mean yeah he wanted to protect Maria, but now with her father in jail it's going to be hard for them to re-establish contact with Garza again. I think Carter and Dean's covers are still intact though as none of Garza's entourage saw Carter vandalize his car though.
Old 08-12-10, 01:28 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

I haven't seen this episode yet, just watched the second episode of the season. I really don't like the addition of whatsherface from Battlestar Galactica. It's just not needed. I wasn't a big fan of the 1st episode but the second one was much better.

The show asks you to suspend rational thought tho... I love how these guys are undercover with every street thug, and criminal organization all at the same time? LOL.
Old 08-13-10, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, I won't get too attached to this show. This ep got 2.3mill viewers and a dismal .5 in the 18-49 demo. Can't imagine that's good enough on TNT to get a renewal.

That's too bad. I think the show is really compelling and intense. I also love the way the show is shot. Good work by the cast, as well.
Old 08-13-10, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
Well, I won't get too attached to this show. This ep got 2.3mill viewers and a dismal .5 in the 18-49 demo. Can't imagine that's good enough on TNT to get a renewal.

That's too bad. I think the show is really compelling and intense. I also love the way the show is shot. Good work by the cast, as well.
Just enjoy it while it lasts. I'm pretty resigned to the fact that season 2 will be the last season after seeing the numbers thus far. If you have enjoyed watching these 3 episodes so far, I would highly recommend watching season 1. I think you will really enjoy it.
Old 08-13-10, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

maybe they should pair this with Leverage on Sunday night rather than on Wed by itself.