Dark Blue -- 2 Hour Season Premiere -- "Urban Garden/Liar's Poker" -- 8/4/10

Old 08-04-10, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts
Dark Blue -- 2 Hour Season Premiere -- "Urban Garden/Liar's Poker" -- 8/4/10

DARK BLUE

Synopsis for episode 1:

Spoiler:
Season 2 opens with Carter and his undercover team joining forces with FBI agent Alex Rice (Tricia Helfer) to crush a regional crime lord, but the case takes an ugly turn when Carter's close friend falls victim to tragedy.

Synopsis for episode 2:

Spoiler:
While working with FBI agent Alex Rice (Tricia Helfer), Carter's undercover team tries to bust a drug ring tied to a Mexican drug cartel. As shadowy Ty slips into the big-money realm of a dealer, a beautiful art-gallery owner (Jordana Brewster) arises as a suspect.

10 episode 2nd season.

2 episodes air tonight.

Tricia Helfer joins the cast as a series regular.

And if your wondering by looking at ^^ the promo picture, yes Omari Hardwick (Ty) is still on the show and a regular even though he's not there.

A little interview with Tricia Helfer about her joining the show:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_NiVd86iDIM&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_NiVd86iDIM&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited by DJariya; 08-04-10 at 01:33 AM.
Old 08-04-10, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: Dark Blue -- 2 Hour Season Premiere -- "Urban Garden/Liar's Poker" -- 8/4/10

Tricia Helfer, Nicki Aycox and Jordana Brewster all in the same night. Good God...Can't wait!!

BTW, for those of you who did not watch season 1, you can easily pick up this show with no problems. Pretty much all the plots from last season were self contained with some tiny recurring storylines.
Old 08-04-10, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: Dark Blue -- 2 Hour Season Premiere -- "Urban Garden/Liar's Poker" -- 8/4/10

TNT's embedding link doesn't seem to work on this page. It just shows a blank box. Anyways, here is the link to a 3:30 video recap of season 1.

http://www.tnt.tv/dramavision/index....f=sharethisUrl

Here's the trailer for the season premiere:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....50239570230142
Old 08-04-10, 05:13 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 399 Likes on 248 Posts

one of my favs from last year... can't wait!
Old 08-04-10, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya

BTW, for those of you who did not watch season 1, you can easily pick up this show with no problems. Pretty much all the plots from last season were self contained with some tiny recurring storylines.
Cool, I'm watching strictly for Helfer. Never heard of the show before or know what it's about but I saw a blurb in TV Guide I think that she was in it and set the Tivo.
Old 08-04-10, 08:13 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 399 Likes on 248 Posts

I love the "look" of this show as well... has a real cinematic Tony Scott vibe to it (so does Flashpoint IMO)...
Old 08-04-10, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
I love the "look" of this show as well... has a real cinematic Tony Scott vibe to it (so does Flashpoint IMO)...
Exactly, that was what I thought of season 1. It felt like a Tony Scott/Jerry Bruckheimer action movie every week.
Old 08-04-10, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Timber
Cool, I'm watching strictly for Helfer. Never heard of the show before or know what it's about but I saw a blurb in TV Guide I think that she was in it and set the Tivo.
Basically to make a long story short:

Dylan McDermott's character is Carter Shaw. He runs an elite LAPD Uncover Unit.

Nicki Aycox (the hot blonde on the left) is Jaimie. She is part of the team and had a criminal past.

Logan Marshall-Green (the guy with the buzz cut and beard) is Dean and he's also part of the unit. He and Jaimie had a off the clock relationship even though she had a boyfriend.

Not seen in the promo photo is Ty (Omari Hardwick) who is another member of the team and also married. He was struggling most of last season balancing his relationship and his job.
Old 08-04-10, 03:46 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad this is coming back can't wait.
Old 08-05-10, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Caught this for the first time and thought it was really good. I like that they didn't shy away from some violence. The second episode dragged a bit, but I think that was due to having back-to-back episodes. Not sure why they did that.

One complaint: There wasn't nearly enough Jordana Brewster.
Old 08-05-10, 03:01 AM
DVD Talk God

I only watched the 1st episode, but I enjoyed it alot. I like the addition of Tricia Helfer's character Alex and I thought the case with the crime boss Victor was compelling. At least now Carter won't be so fucking uptight like he was last season now that Alex is around. Loved when they hooked up for the 1 night stand and then she ends up staying and is now overseeing his take force. Carter's beat down of Victor was pretty badass. One of the things I enjoy about this show which differentiates it from other Cop shows is the shooting style, which I already mentioned and that it's more about the planning and intricacies of a UC Operation. It focuses alot on the role-playing that Carter's team has to do and also getting to know the bad guys in order to gain their trust.
Old 08-07-10, 03:38 AM
DVD Talk God

So I watched episode 2 tonight and I actually liked it alot more than the premiere. I thought it flowed better and there was a good amount of action, suspense and a little bit of humor. The scenes with Ty pretending to be the big shot drug dealer were great. Loved how Alex arrested that music producer so that they could "borrow" his place. Very clever of Alex answering the cell phone call and pretending to be the wife. That was really careless of Carter to automatically assume he would call back right away and not be tested. However, If Alex didn't happen to be in the room, the whole operation would have went to shit and Ty would have gotten a bullet in the head.

I totally agree with Fist of Doom. Not enough Jordana Brewster. She looks fantastic. Beautiful long hair and gorgeous face. Glad to see her role on the show is continuing into another episode. I assume the team is still trying to bust her father.

I have to assume the drug dealer that sent the hitman to kill Dupree will be a recurring figure this season. Most of the plots last season were wrapped up nice and tidy in 42 minutes. So, I'm glad they are taking somewhat of a serialized approach for this season.

BTW, I really like Tricia Helfer and I think she's a good addition to the show. However, the whole "Will they or Won't they?" thing they are doing with her and Carter is such a tired plot device. Also, how many times have we seen a cop or agent become traumatized after their first kill. Another tired plot device.

Besides that, I thought the show is off to a good start. Definitely a little less dark than season 1 so far.

Last edited by DJariya; 08-07-10 at 03:54 AM.
Old 08-07-10, 03:58 AM
DVD Talk God

Another minor complaint I have was they gave Nicki Aycox virtually nothing to do in the 1st 2 episodes other than looking pissed off at Dean and getting jealous when he flirted with Jordana's character. She did look hot in the wife beater with the black bra hanging out when she was cleaning that car, but hopefully they give her more to do and not focus everything on Tricia.