Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

UPDATE : Screamers Widescreen "online order"

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 07-24-10, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE : I just got my Screamers DVD from Deepdiscount.com.......I ordered the 2 sided flipper from their web-site......I new it was going to be a "crap shoot"......instead of getting what I ordered, I waited 2 weeks to get the SINGLE-SIDED FULL-SCREEN VERSION. I can't believe that they were sooooooooo confident that the web info was absolutely correct.......now I have to send it back and get a refund.......they did send me a return mailer. but , this is just a fucking hastle. Here's their description >
>
>
>
Actor/Actress: Jennifer Rubin, Peter Weller, Ron White
Director: Christian Duguay
Format: DVD
Screen Format: Enhanced Wide Screen / Pan and Scan, Pan and Scan
Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1, 1.85:1/1.33:1
Rating: R
Runtime (minutes): 108
Year: 1995
UPC: 043396118690
Item Number: COL011869
Production Style: Color
Flags: Gore, Graphic Violence, Not For Children, Profanity, Scary Moments
Produced By: 3009122 Canada, Allegro Film, Fries Film Company, Fuji Eight Co., Ltd., Jaffa Road XXXI Limited Partnership, Triumph
Released By: Columbia TriStar
Sides: 2
Old 07-24-10, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Re: UPDATE : Screamers Widescreen "online order"

You couldn't have just threw this into the previous thread?
Old 07-24-10, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
You couldn't have just threw this into the previous thread?
Didn't mean to waste 56 KB's of a 40 TB website.
Old 07-24-10, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

awesome thread. i clearly need to visit this place more often.
Old 07-24-10, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not another Dark Knight threa.... Whoops, I mean Screamers thread

Thanks for the UPDATE
Old 07-25-10, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 326 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by samre5
Didn't mean to waste 56 KB's of a 40 TB website.
This site has no where close to 40TB of Data on it.
Old 07-25-10, 06:57 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 670 Likes on 448 Posts

Yeah, thanks for the update, but should have been in the last thread.
Old 07-25-10, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Trevor
Yeah, thanks for the update, but should have been in the last thread.
It never ceases to amaze me that there are people in this forum that are so aware of every thread and discussion. How it it that you are aware of the fact that something has been spoken about in yet another random thread ??? There are hundreds of different threads in this forum....how is it that you know this? I'm just a "dabbler" in forums.
Old 07-25-10, 08:10 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 670 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by samre5
It never ceases to amaze me that there are people in this forum that are so aware of every thread and discussion. How it it that you are aware of the fact that something has been spoken about in yet another random thread ??? There are hundreds of different threads in this forum....how is it that you know this? I'm just a "dabbler" in forums.
I'm only "so aware" of threads that interest me. As a Screamers fan, I was "in" your previous thread on the matter, and saw this as a new thread.

There are many ways to be at least superficially aware of most of the threads here.

One, most people probably "work the forums" by going to main forum pages (for each subforum that interests them) and simply seeing the list of threads. Everyone saw your Screamers thread the other day, and then saw the new one.

Two, many people use the "new posts" button. Each time they come to dvdtalk they click that button, and it shows them a list of all the new threads and updated threads since they last visited. All of them saw your two threads.

Three, and this is probably the least used method, but the one I use, is people subscribe to all the forums that interest them. They then get one email per day listing all of the new and updated threads for that forum.

So really, everyone who looks at the store forum easily saw your two threads.

It's no biggie, but obviously forums would never work if every post was it's own thread. Threads are used to keep stuff on the same subject in one place.

Welcome by the way!
Old 07-25-10, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor
It's no biggie, but obviously forums would never work if every post was it's own thread. Threads are used to keep stuff on the same subject in one place.

Welcome by the way!
Thanks for the detailed info and logical conclusion......I didn't know that new posts were visible like that and I just wanted to be seen by the people who might have participated in my last thread......since it's been a couple of weeks, I thought the thread would just get buried......I see now that it doesn't work that way. I'm evolving...slowly. P.S., I still am looking for that Screamers flipper.......any idea when this might be out on BluRay ?????
Old 07-25-10, 08:27 PM

I just bought this WIDESCREEN PAL version from Ebay......$16 US w/shipping. Supposedly it's a new , never opened movie........I'll have to convert my DVD player to region free or transcode the movie to NTSC.......it was cheap enough to take my best shot.

Info:
Anamorphic wuidescreen version
Audio: English DD 2.0 / 5.1
Subtitles: DK, NO, FI, SE On/Off
Biography
Filmography
Slides
Trailers
Booklet (DK)
Uncut version

Last edited by samre5; 07-26-10 at 10:12 AM.
Old 07-31-10, 07:51 AM

I just got my screamers DVD....apparently it is not an original release of the movie.....the DVD is a 2009 re-release of the WS version by a Skandanavian company called Anotherworldent.com with (I think) Dutch or some kind of Scandanavian DVD menus and writing in all of the cover art text. I used a player hack to change my DVD player to "region 0"....worked like a charm. I was immediately un-impressed with the quality of the image.....I realize that the movie is old and I've seen crappy quality like this on old production DVD's.....none-the-less, I am disappointed after so much effort. I am compelled to see if there is a difference in quality between the actual "production flipper" vs. this euro version that I just bought. Maybe the original DVD release was just not that great to begin with ( by todays standards).....and this re-release is the best that they could get from what they had....I don't know..... $15 dollars (not so well spent). I will continue to search for the "original flipper"...in person this time....no web shit !!
Old 07-31-10, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

/\ Check to see if there is a Hollywood Video or Movie Gallery in your area that may be closing. I think they may be closed nationwide by now, but it probably wouldn't hurt to call around.

Otherwise, wait for Blockbuster to bite the big one. A rental copy is probably a good place to find an original flipper. It's worked for me in a number of instances.
Old 08-03-10, 08:37 AM

SUCCESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS........I found the original "flipper disc" on ebay for 5 bucks !!!!!!!!!!!!!.......(after MULTIPLE email communications with the actual owner who verified that it was the flipper disc) so, adding the $15 for that "Euro SHIT disc", I'm in this for $20 plus shipping....but I am happy.......AGAIN, I don't know what the quality comparison is going to be between the WS version on the flipper VS. the Euro version. I will chime in when I get the disc......I know my FS version is superior to this Euro version and that gives me hope.

Last edited by samre5; 08-03-10 at 08:43 AM.