The Closer -- "Help Wanted" -- 07/19/10

Old 07-19-10, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts
The Closer -- "Help Wanted" -- 07/19/10

The Closer

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Capt. Raydor (Mary McDonnell) arrives to help Brenda investigate the vanishing of a nanny who has connections to the mayor. But the case takes uneasy turns when a stun-gun-wielding rapist emerges as a suspect, and Raydor may have hidden motives for shadowing Brenda.

Episode 2 of 15

Looking forward to this one. Love the special guest star

Also, TNT just announced that the Summer Finale is September 13th. So, 10 of the 15 episodes will air this summer.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2...-finales/8787/
Old 07-20-10, 04:41 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: The Closer -- "Help Wanted" -- 07/19/10

This was an awesome awesome episode.

I was really surprised at the final twist of the ICE agent actually being the serial rapist. The final standoff between him, Brenda and the rest of the team was really intense. Loved Fritz busting out the machine gun and taking him out with 1 shot. I don't blame him at all for being pissed off at Brenda.

Enjoyed Mary McDonnell once again as Captain Raydor. I really like having her character recur on the show when the team faces a major case. It was really surprising that she was actually monitoring Brenda's work with the Major Crimes team and is pushing her to be a candidate for the Chief of Police.

I think this was probably one of the best episodes in the 6 seasons this show has been on.
Old 07-20-10, 12:55 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 575 Likes on 334 Posts

Great episode. They brought in Titus Welliver to be the red herring. I really thought he was going to be the rapist.
Old 07-20-10, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Bandoman
Great episode. They brought in Titus Welliver to be the red herring. I really thought he was going to be the rapist.
I totally agree. They were leading him on to be the rapist and then the ICE agent reveal surprised me.
Old 07-20-10, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts

I thought the standoff was one of the tense and well done scenes I have seen in a TV show in a while. The emotion was very palpable and real, the acting was fantastic. The Chief twist was expected but still fun to watch.
Old 07-20-10, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 142 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnysd
I thought the standoff was one of the tense and well done scenes I have seen in a TV show in a while. The emotion was very palpable and real, the acting was fantastic. The Chief twist was expected but still fun to watch.
The standoff was intense. I didn't see Raydor's reveal coming but can you see Brenda wanting to be Chief of Police?
Old 07-21-10, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Loved Fritz busting out the machine gun and taking him out with 1 shot.
Wasn't that a sniper rifle? I don't really think the FBI issues machine guns to their field agents.
Old 07-21-10, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by lisadoris
The standoff was intense. I didn't see Raydor's reveal coming but can you see Brenda wanting to be Chief of Police?
I do think Brenda would want to be chief. She is pretty ambitious and HATES to be told how to run things, and Chief would give her pretty much total control. She is not very politically savvy so in the real world she would likely be terrible at the job, but it could make very interesting TV.
Old 07-21-10, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Wasn't that a sniper rifle? I don't really think the FBI issues machine guns to their field agents.
Your right, it was a sniper rifle. Anyways, it was still badass. That whole scene was really tense and dramatic.

Last edited by DJariya; 07-21-10 at 01:21 PM.
Old 07-21-10, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 142 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnysd
I do think Brenda would want to be chief. She is pretty ambitious and HATES to be told how to run things, and Chief would give her pretty much total control. She is not very politically savvy so in the real world she would likely be terrible at the job, but it could make very interesting TV.
I can see that. I just figured Brenda enjoys investigating and you can't do that from the Chief's chair. It would be interesting to see how long she would go before pissing off every politician in the city/state.