Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

James Bond 007: Blood Stone (360, PS3, PC, DS)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 07-16-10, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

An original Bond adventure coming Holiday 2010. Sounds like Everything or Nothing, which was an awesome game.

AWARD WINNING ARTIST JOSS STONE GOES UNDERCOVER IN ACTIVISION’S JAMES BOND 007™: BLOOD STONE

James Bond 007: Blood Stone Delivers Intrigue and Explosive Third-Person Action for the Xbox 360®, PlayStation®3 system, Windows PC and Nintendo DS™ This Holiday Season

Santa Monica, CA – July 16, 2010 – Award winning artist Joss Stone is set to debut as the newest Bond girl in Activision Publishing, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: ATVI) James Bond 007: Blood Stone, an original Bond experience from legendary screenwriter Bruce Feirstein. In addition to stepping into a leading role, Grammy and BRIT Award winner Joss Stone will create original music for the game, luring players into an explosive third-person action adventure where they will unravel an international conspiracy across exotic locales. Players will experience full-throttle, behind-the-wheel action on land and sea while using the most high tech gadgetry known to James Bond 007, the world’s most skilled secret agent.

“James Bond 007: Blood Stone captures the cinematic intensity of a Bond film by immersing players in an intriguing conspiracy that will require them to think and act like James Bond,” said David Pokress, Head of Marketing for Licensed Properties, Activision Publishing. “In addition, the game will feature a diverse array of multi-player modes and debut strategic objective-based gameplay that will allow Xbox 360, PS3™ and PC players to battle as teams of spies and mercenaries through authentic Bond locales.”

James Bond 007: Blood Stone features the likeness and voice talent of Daniel Craig, Joss Stone and Judi Dench and features an epic, original story developed by legendary screenwriter Bruce Feirstein. Players can engage in cover-based firefights, lethal hand-to-hand combat and speed their way through explosive adrenaline-fueled driving sequences as they embark on a global chase leading to action on land and sea through Athens, Istanbul, Monaco and Bangkok. Gamers can also feel what it is like to be a 00 agent, as they take the battle online in several robust 16-person multi-player modes that require skill, teamwork and strategy as players compete in matches that will have spies battling mercenaries.

Joss Stone provides an original musical track to the game titled, “I’ll Take it All” written and performed by her and Dave Stewart of the Eurythmics. The song will be featured exclusively in James Bond 007: Blood Stone.

The James Bond 007: Blood Stone video game is being developed by critically acclaimed developer Bizarre Creations for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Windows PC under license from EON Productions Ltd and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (MGM). Additionally, an original Nintendo DS™ game is being developed from the ground up by n-Space. For more information about the game, visit www.007.com.
Old 07-16-10, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,033 Likes on 4,118 Posts
Re: James Bond 007: Blood Stone (360, PS3, PC, DS)

I liked Everything Or Nothing as well. Looks like Daniel Craig is having a busy time in the recording studio as Bond even if they can't seem to get another movie off the ground. I wonder which game will end up being better - this one or Goldeneye Wii.

BTW this reminds me I still need to unwrap my copy of QoS.
Old 07-16-10, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 306 Likes on 209 Posts

I will eagerly await reviews on this one. Production values sound pretty high at least.
Old 07-16-10, 11:34 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Not thrilled about the over-emphasis on the Joss Stone connection.
Old 07-16-10, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

What exactly makes Bruce Feirstein "Legendary"?
Old 07-16-10, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

He wrote all the Brosnan Bond scripts, I think. And Everything or Nothing. But I wouldn't call him legendary.
Old 07-16-10, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,607 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckd21
He wrote all the Brosnan Bond scripts, I think. And Everything or Nothing. But I wouldn't call him legendary.
You would if you are a PR person

Sounds like fun to me. I too enjoyed Everything or Nothing.
Old 07-16-10, 11:56 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
Not thrilled about the over-emphasis on the Joss Stone connection.
While they do put a lot of emphasis on it, she's quite a talented singer and has had the most interesting career of any young female solo artist working today, so I have no problem with her inclusion.

I hope this is as good as Everything and Nothing, which I think is the best Bond game.
Old 07-16-10, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PGq3llORRy8&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PGq3llORRy8&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 07-16-10, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So wait, I see that this is the Bizarre Creations Bond game. Wasn't that supposed to be a driving game? I'm glad they switched gears.
Old 07-16-10, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

And some gameplay footage:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5R2tD2VFP9U&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5R2tD2VFP9U&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 07-16-10, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
While they do put a lot of emphasis on it, she's quite a talented singer and has had the most interesting career of any young female solo artist working today, so I have no problem with her inclusion.
But it's a video game. The music is not the most important element. The fact that they're making a big deal about it makes me skeptical. Like being told about a girl who has a "great personality."
Old 07-16-10, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

But it's a video game. The music is not the most important element. The fact that they're making a big deal about it makes me skeptical. Like being told about a girl who has a "great personality."
To be fair, I posted the first press release I got in my inbox, which was tailored more to her. Turns out it was not the "official" announcement. That came a few minutes later.
Old 07-16-10, 01:15 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes yes, we've all heard about your daughter. Do you ever give it a rest?
Old 07-16-10, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by chuckd21
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PGq3llORRy8&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PGq3llORRy8&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
This doesn't get mentioned enough : How great is the James Bond theme? You're talking about a nearly-fifty year-old composition that amazingly still gives chills and seems cool and not the least bit dated. The Pink Panther theme is fun and Lawrence of Arabia is still grand, but those two (arguably the other two great movie themes from the Sixties) still seem like a product of that time. There's nothing about the Bond theme that ties it to that era -- it's just great, great music.
Old 07-16-10, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

And yet they had no idea how cool that music was in the 60s. Watch Dr. No sometime. They're just BLARING that theme while Connery strolls around his hotel room looking at lamps and stuff. It's hilarious in retrospect.
Old 07-16-10, 03:31 PM

It's a crime how mis-used that theme was in Dr. No.
Old 07-16-10, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That footage might have been edited, but I liked the seamless transitions between 3rd person action to vehicle sequences and back again.

Looking forward to this and glad it's coming during the holidays, that means it'll be cheaper quicker.
Old 07-16-10, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

It's obvious why they're making a a big deal out of her, they think they're clever. Joss Stone. Blood Stone.

Get it?
Old 07-16-10, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 680 Likes on 419 Posts

No slide whistle = no sale.
Old 07-24-10, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks cool. With everything going on with the Eon productions fiasco, I REALLY hope we don't end up seeing Daniel Craig as Bond in more video games than we do seeing him as Bond in films. Don't get me wrong I'm thrilled to see Bond games coming out with the film cast taking their roles, but I hope the increase isn't in the number of games isn't indicative that the next Bond film may not see the light of day for some time. I really enjoy him as Bond so here's hoping that the next film finally gets going again.
Old 11-02-10, 03:00 PM

5.0 from IGN. Bummer that it apparently turned out so lackluster. Never would have believed that Goldeneye would be the better game.

<object id="vid_4ccf52703831c81671002573" class="ign-videoplayer" width="480" height="270" data="http://media.ign.com/ev/prod/embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param name="movie" value="http://media.ign.com/ev/prod/embed.swf" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><param name="flashvars" value="url=http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/11/02/james-bond-007-blood-stone-video-review"/></object>

Review Summary:
Spoiler:

Closing Comments
Blood Stone is not a bad game: it's just a painfully average one. There aren't any majorly broken elements to it, but just because this Stone is relatively polished, doesn't make it a gem. There really isn't anything at all remarkable about it, and even though it's extremely short it still manages to wear out its welcome thanks to its extremely repetitive design. If GoldenEye is indeed the Sean Connery of 007 video games, then Blood Stone is the George Lazenby; not bad, but not good either, and forgettable in almost every way. At just five hours long and lacking in any real innovation or challenge, it won't leave you feeling shaken nor stirred, just shortchanged.

IGN Ratings for James Bond 007: Blood Stone (X360)

Rating Description
out of 10 Click here for ratings guide
5.5 Presentation
Aside from the signature silhouette-filled intro song, it just doesn't feel like a James Bond experience at all.
6.0 Graphics
Wildly inconsistent. Glossy during the driving levels, but last-gen quality textures and animation during the on-foot shooting.
6.0 Sound
Daniel Craig's dialogue sounds phoned in at times, use of Bond theme is perhaps too sparse.
5.0 Gameplay
The driving sections are the highlights, otherwise you've experienced Blood Stone's ho-hum on-foot shooting many times before.
4.0 Lasting Appeal
Complete it in an afternoon and then never think about it again.
OVERALL

Meh
Old 11-02-10, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bought it and Goldeneye...installing it now. It has been getting good reviews elsewhere...and because I am such a huge Bond fan, I have learned to add 2 to 3 points to reviews for every Bond game since Goldeneye 64.
Old 11-02-10, 03:26 PM

Let us know what you think. That didn't sound good, but I've really liked most of Bizarre Creations' titles.
Old 11-02-10, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Played the first two levels...I love the game. I wish it was a little smoother (ala Uncharted), but being a huge Bond fan, I feel like Craig's version. Sprinting and doing take downs, option of playing stealth or balls out, etc... is very gratifying. It reminds me of a much more polished, exciting Bourne Conspiracy but not quite as smooth as the Uncharted series.

Only complaints so far is the driving is a little stiff and took a bit to get used to and I wish you could shoot at all times from your vehicles.

Played some online and I was shocked how fun it was...very smooth, very awesome going from cover to cover. The modes are VERY bare bones but I only play TDM stuff anyway.

Love the game...don't see how any Bond fan would not enjoy this.

I would check out some of the youtube 10 minute videos as they are very representative of the game...but it feels great to be Bond.

But keep in mind I don't keep a ton of games, but I did keep EoN, FRwL (both GC), and QoS. So I am a huge Bond fan and huge Uncharted fan. And with all these B2G1 free deals, this was a no brainer for me.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.