Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

Chances of finding a slipcover for Watchmen - Director's Cut DVD?

DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Old 07-10-10, 07:00 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

How would a person go about obtaining a cardboard slipcover for the DVD version of Watchmen - Director's Cut (as well as any other DVD that was missing one)? Would contacting the studio or media company be worth the effort? Or would I have to shop around on the internet and hope I could find someone who has one? Would it even be worth it to try?

Thanks in advance, -kd5-
Old 07-10-10, 10:24 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts
Re: Chances of finding a slipcover for Watchmen - Director's Cut DVD?

I'll give that a try. I don't have the DVD yet, I'm looking at it, but it doesn't come with a slipcover so I thought I'd ask about it. Thanks Lemmy, -kd5-
Old 07-11-10, 06:41 PM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Also it depends on the studio that released the DVD. In my experience, some studios have sent replacements (or given me the option to buy a replacement) while others stated that there was nothing that they could do, and to go back to the store where I bought it to try and find one with a slipcover.
Old 07-12-10, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could also try shopping used stores, like Movie Stop. You may find a used copy that has one, and sometimes they have older stock on new titles as well. I picked up "The Final Destination" Blu-Ray w/lenticular slipcover, the 3D version & DVD the other day for $19.99 new. Not a great price, but that pressing is out of print, with most stores only having the 1-disc w/o 3D version or slipcover now, so it was worth it to me.