DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Real Player issue

Rypro 525
07-07-10, 01:43 PM
I use it mainly to DL stuff from youtube and other streaming sites and what not, but latley, it hasn't been working. when ever i play a video on youtube, a little box on the top left hand side will mention if i want to DL it or not, and the past few days it hasnt worked. I went into the preferences on the player and tried to see if resetting it would work, but it didn't. Should i just delete and re install to see if that works or am i doing something wrong

Dr Mabuse
07-07-10, 02:52 PM
Completely remove RealPlayer man.

I'm not being sarcastic, get rid of it, uninstalled off your system.

Go get VideoDownloadHelper plugin for Firefox, you can get any Youtube/streaming content you want. (google 'videodownloadhelper')

Get VLC to play the stuff. (google 'VLC')

Both are free, and far better at what they do.

Mankal
07-07-10, 05:44 PM
I have been told that Realplayer is a resource hog and has potential spyware, I took it off all my computers years ago.

Mr. Salty
07-07-10, 05:56 PM
I agree, RealPlayer is evil. Uninstall it.

al_bundy
07-07-10, 05:56 PM
Realplayer has been an issue since the 1990's. Use video download helper for firefox

Rypro 525
07-07-10, 09:35 PM
Completely remove RealPlayer man.

I'm not being sarcastic, get rid of it, uninstalled off your system.

Go get VideoDownloadHelper plugin for Firefox, you can get any Youtube/streaming content you want. (google 'videodownloadhelper')

Both are free, and far better at what they do.

does it work with chrome? yeah i have VLC already

Mr. Salty
07-08-10, 01:29 AM
It's a Firefox extension, so no.

Rypro 525
07-08-10, 02:20 AM
It's a Firefox extension, so no.

just dl'ed firefox, and the plug in, works great. Is there any way to make the audio portion of the video an MP3? that was one of the advantages of real was that you could do that

Nifty03
07-08-10, 08:32 AM
just dl'ed firefox, and the plug in, works great. Is there any way to make the audio portion of the video an MP3? that was one of the advantages of real was that you could do that

Looks like this web page will do that online.

http://www.video2mp3.net/

Dr Mabuse
07-08-10, 11:13 AM
Or you can get Super. Also free. Best file conversion program I'm aware of. It will convert things nothing else will. (Google 'super')

dx23
07-08-10, 12:15 PM

there is a youtube to mp3 add-on for firefox as well as Easy youtube video downloader, which also downloads mp3s.

Rypro 525
07-08-10, 02:11 PM
Or you can get Super. Also free. Best file conversion program I'm aware of. It will convert things nothing else will. (Google 'super')

got an idiot question (downloaded super), when i go to open it, it mentions something about disabling something if i wanted to. I assume just click it to open, and let it load.

Sorry for being picky, its just i don't wanna get some super virus from using the software.

Also, i converted my first flv to avi file, but where in my computer would it be?