Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Real World Season 24: New Orleans 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-10, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
The Real World Season 24: New Orleans 2

Did these shows always air with such little time in between seasons? Seems like the last one just ended.
Gay lookin anorexic Rod Stewart seems nuts. Best looking girls so far.
Old 07-01-10, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: The Real World Season 24: New Orleans 2

The hairdresser is a massive tool.
Old 07-01-10, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

I liked the first episode... it will tide me over until Jersey Shore II.
Old 07-01-10, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

For a second there I thought this had something to do with 24. Disappointing

24 seasons in 18 years is a pretty impressive feat, Season 23 ended March 31st, Season 24 started June 30th.

Last year, Brooklyn ended April 1st and Cancun began on June 24, which was about a week quicker than this year.

Last edited by RichC2; 07-01-10 at 08:10 AM.
Old 07-01-10, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Where is it this time?

I usually take breaks from RW for a few cycles. I watched the last 2 (Cancun and DC), and DC was dreadful, so this seems like a good time for a break, although I might check it out if the chicks are hot. Plus I assume Jersey Shore is coming up sometime this summer.
Old 07-01-10, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by JZ1276
Best looking girls so far.
IMHO not by a long shot, but to each his own. My initial reaction was that this cast seems like they're going to be really really bad and I've never thought that of a cast after the first episode. We'll see.

Yeah that hairdresser is way to fucking "sensitive". It looks to me like he's one of those guys that uses that to prey on girls. I've known a few guys that do that and they're despicable. His fake concern over that one chick drinking too much made me want to puke.
Old 07-01-10, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Where is it this time?

I usually take breaks from RW for a few cycles. I watched the last 2 (Cancun and DC), and DC was dreadful, so this seems like a good time for a break, although I might check it out if the chicks are hot. Plus I assume Jersey Shore is coming up sometime this summer.
New Orleans, starting a week or two before Mardi Gras. Pretty easy way to get some good footage for the season on the producers part.
Old 07-01-10, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 121 Posts

The Real World:  New Orleans

The Real World:  New Orleans -- The Next Generation
It doesn't take "The Real World" long to get to the sex stuff as it opens its 24th season Wednesday night in New Orleans.

That's a surefire story line, as the producers recognized many episodes ago.

Like 23 years ago.

The producers also understand, however, that just having guys hit on girls, or vice versa, would offer no compelling reason for viewers to watch this show about random hormone-driven kids, rather than a hundred other shows about random hormone-driven kids.

So the eight cast members on this "Real World" also seem to have a reasonably interesting mix of neuroses, which is crucial.
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...s_it_real.html

They found their formula with Real World - Vega$:  bat-ass-cra-zay.
Old 07-01-10, 10:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Best looking girls so far.
I would respectfully disagree on best. I will say that picture does not do them justice and they are much better looking on screen.

I do think this muslim chick is hotter than the one on the Australian season, and the southern Stripper (?) has a trashy hotness that is enticing, but she is no Kelly Ann.

The two blonde chicks and the basketball player girl do nothing for me.
Old 07-01-10, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

I thought the girls were all really attractive. I'm in love with the girl with the lips already. The girl that likes to show her pussy has an ultra annoying accent but is hot. Florida chick seems ultra creepy to me. And the one of middle eastern decent is hot as well.

I thought for a minute that they were going to try and squeeze 2 tokens into one with the black gay guy but thankfully I was wrong.
Old 07-01-10, 02:12 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre
I would respectfully disagree on best. I will say that picture does not do them justice and they are much better looking on screen.

I do think this muslim chick is hotter than the one on the Australian season, and the southern Stripper (?) has a trashy hotness that is enticing, but she is no Kelly Ann.

The two blonde chicks and the basketball player girl do nothing for me.
The southern stripper is def hot...except for when she talks..she has a weird looking mouth. If she kept her mouth shut it would be better. MacKenzie might just be perfect though.
Old 07-01-10, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The Muslim chick is legit. The southern stripper seems like a 2 face. Sometimes she looks hot sometimes she looks weird. The blonde from Florida is a diamond in the rough. Shes definitely cute but she hasnt figured out how to put it all together yet.
Old 07-01-10, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Definitely one of the most attractive female casts. Florida blonde is smokin' and Southern stripper's body is very nice. Muslim chick has a pretty face/body and Lips is nice eye candy as well (although not as hot as the other three).
Old 07-01-10, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts

So does this look like it'll be better than the last RW?
Old 07-01-10, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

How could it possibly be worse? Its better already just based on the cast.

Last edited by Thrush; 07-01-10 at 05:28 PM.
Old 07-01-10, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 422 Likes on 305 Posts

I'll catch the first episode on a rerun, I refused to watch a single episode last season because of its political theme being in DC.
Old 07-01-10, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'll try to catch a rerun or 2 if I remember. Over the years, my viewing of the Real World has trailed off to the point that I didn't watch any of the DC season and can't even remember where they were before that.
Old 07-01-10, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I caught part of the 1st ep when they were arriving and man does that blonde thin guy have issues. I think he's one of these guys who hasn't figured out or at least come to terms with that fact that he's in fact Gay.
Old 07-01-10, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

The southern stripper is def hot...
Was she the one in her underwear yelling at that dude from her bed?
Old 07-02-10, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I wish they'd put this show back in Vegas for another season. Watching these ass-clowns at Mardi Gras should be fun though.
Old 07-02-10, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Are they staying in the same house as the previous New Orleans cast?
Old 07-02-10, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Finisher
Definitely one of the most attractive female casts. Florida blonde is smokin' and Southern stripper's body is very nice. Muslim chick has a pretty face/body and Lips is nice eye candy as well (although not as hot as the other three).
Didn't think any of the female cast photos made them look all that hot, but perhaps they are better looking in motion on video. Will have to check out one episode to find out for sure.
Old 07-02-10, 10:30 AM

I caught part of the 1st ep when they were arriving and man does that blonde thin guy have issues. I think he's one of these guys who hasn't figured out or at least come to terms with that fact that he's in fact Gay.
I totally agree! Ryan went through about six different bi-polar emotions on the first day. He wrote off the girl from Florida, with a "girls play games" remark, all because she was having some fun, got mad that guys were hitting on her at a club (what?) saying he wanted to off himself because a gay guy, at a gay bar, kissed his neck after he accepted free drinks from him! Then got fighting mad because his roommate wanted a minute to calm down after being insulted so as not to escalate the situation! Whew!

And here I was thinking Knight was going to be this huge douchebag (which he might turn out to be), but he was actually funny.

Each season I swear off new RWs, I mean I'm about to be 40 what the heck? But this season opener was tripped out! There are some crazy issues in this house that might make things interesting.
Old 07-02-10, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by Patman
Didn't think any of the female cast photos made them look all that hot, but perhaps they are better looking in motion on video. Will have to check out one episode to find out for sure.
Same here. I recorded it last night, so I'll check it out.
Old 07-02-10, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by iggystar
I totally agree! Ryan went through about six different bi-polar emotions on the first day. He wrote off the girl from Florida, with a "girls play games" remark, all because she was having some fun, got mad that guys were hitting on her at a club (what?) saying he wanted to off himself because a gay guy, at a gay bar, kissed his neck after he accepted free drinks from him! Then got fighting mad because his roommate wanted a minute to calm down after being insulted so as not to escalate the situation! Whew!

And here I was thinking Knight was going to be this huge douchebag (which he might turn out to be), but he was actually funny.

Each season I swear off new RWs, I mean I'm about to be 40 what the heck? But this season opener was tripped out! There are some crazy issues in this house that might make things interesting.
This season sucked me in immediately... and I agree 100% that the hairdresser is closet gay. I just can't imagine why he'd over-react from the neck kiss otherwise. Let it go man.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.