Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Boccaccio '70: NoShame vs. Mr Bongo

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-10, 01:59 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I missed out on getting this film when it was available via NoShame. Amazon UK has a reasonably priced edition from Mr Bongo. Is this the same transfer NoShame used? Is it a double disc release? Does it have any of the bonus features from NoShame? I've tried my best to track down this information on the Web, but no such luck (all reviews I've seen are for the NoShame release). Many thanks in advance! --Peter
Old 06-28-10, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Boccaccio '70: NoShame vs. Mr Bongo

This was posted in the Criterion Forum's Mr. Bongo thread:
I'm happy to confirm that Boccaccio '70 is the full version - i.e. including the Mario Monicelli story.

The anamorphic transfer is OK rather than spectacular, and I had a few niggles with the subtitles, which occasionally arrive a tad late (though they're nowhere near as bad as one of Facets' lack of efforts), but it's generally very watchable.
Googling it, I found this review as well.
Old 06-29-10, 06:06 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Many thanks! This is what I suspected - a single-disc release that seems to suffer from some compression issues. No extras, though it seems the only substantial extra for NoShame was the booklet. So....for me, I may toss it in on a future Amazon UK order...meanwhile I'll keep scrounging the second hand shops for the NoShame....--Peter
Old 06-29-10, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mr. Bongo have several decent, super-cheap titles in their catalog, many of which aren't available elsewhere. I own Black God, White Devil, Earth, Goddess, Identification of a Woman, Saragossa Manuscript, Memories of Underdevelopment and Two Daughters. Check the Criterion thread linked above for more info.