Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

SYTYCD (Season 7) - "The Top 9 Dance" & "Results Show" (6/30/10-7/1/10)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: View Poll Results: Which dancer will be going home this week?
Billy Bell (Contemporary)
0%
Alex Wong (Ballet)
0%
Kent Boyd (Contemporary)
0%
Jose Ruiz (Breakdance)
14.29%
Adéchiké Torbert (Contemporary)
14.29%
Robert Roldan (Contemporary)
0%
Lauren Froderman (Contemporary)
0%
Melinda Sullivan (Tap)
71.43%
Ashley Galvan (Contemporary)
0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-10, 01:22 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

NOTE: I'm heading to Scout Camp with my boy today and won't be back until Saturday, so I started the thread early (since it's my self-imposed job). Enjoy this week! See you on Saturday!!!

Episode Descriptions:

"The Top 9" - 6/30/10 - 2hrs - 8/7c
The Top 9 dancers take the stage to perform live for your votes! Find out which All-Stars the Top 9 get paired with, and which styles they'll tackle.

"Results Show" - 7/01/10 - 1hr - 9/8c
Then tune-in Thursday as one dancer will be sent home during the live one-hour show.
And with that... here are your Top 9 America!

So You Think You Can Dance - Season 7 Top 11 finalist - top row L-R: Lauren Froderman, Jose Ruiz, Adechike Torbert, Melinda Sullivan, Alex Wong, Kent Boyd and Alexie Agdeppa. Bottom row L-R: Billy Bell, Cristina Santana, Robert Roldan and Ashley Galvan

The All-Stars (season/styles) are:
  1. Twitch (Season 4; Popping/Locking/Krump)
  2. Kathryn (Season 6; Jazz/Contemporary/Broadway/Cultural)
  3. Pasha (Season 3; Ballroom/Latin)
  4. Allison (Season 2; Jazz/Contemporary/Broadway/Cultural)
  5. Ade (Season 5; Contemporary/Classical)
  6. Comfort (Season 4; Hip Hop/Krump)
  7. Lauren (Season 3; Hip Hop/Jazz/Contemporary/Broadway)
  8. Mark (Season 4; Jazz/Broadway/Cultural)
  9. Anya (Season 3; Ballroom/Latin)
  10. Dominic (Season 3; Hip Hop/Breakdancing)
  11. Courtney (Season 4; Contemporary/Jazz)
  12. Neil (Season 3; Jazz/Contemporary/Broadway/Cultural)

Did not dance in the Top 10.

<fieldset style="width: 450px; margin: 10px auto;"><legend>SYTYCD Season 7 Threads</legend>
SYTYCD (Season 7) - 10 Dancers + 10 All-Stars (Begins 5/27/10)
SYTYCD (Season 7) - The Auditions Thread (5/27 & 6/2-3)
SYTYCD (Season 7) - "Vegas + Green Mile" & "Meet The Top 10" (6/9-10/10)
SYTYCD (Season 7) - "The Top 11 Dance" & "Results Show" (6/16-17/10) - Eliminated: Alexie Agdeppa
SYTYCD (Season 7) - "The Top 10 Dance" & "Results Show" (6/23-24/10) - Eliminated: Cristina Santana
</fieldset>

Last edited by Goldberg74; 06-28-10 at 01:34 AM.
Old 06-28-10, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: SYTYCD (Season 7) - "The Top 9 Dance" & "Results Show" (6/30/10-7/1/10)

LOL like the new photo. :P

I think Melinda should go home, but I'm not so sure the judges want ANOTHER female leaving. That would leave them with two women and six men.

I think it's inevitable that a guy or two will not get enough votes this round and one of them will go home.
Old 06-28-10, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for posting the thread. Have fun at camp!

Yeah, this season seems to be a mess. I thought it was bad when they had to do the finale with six people in season six, but this seems to be worse. I hope Neil returns this week.
Old 06-30-10, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

That Alex/Twitch routine was so good. Even though I consider Alex to be a ringer he really showed me something.

The show is sort of losing me. I'm just bored with so much of it. Even the Ade routine, who I love watching dance, just bored me.
Old 06-30-10, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Thought it was a great show tonight. Alex and Twitch were the highlight for me and I'm sure many others. I think Alex is going all the way. Is Mary going to judge at all this season? I can't wait to see the tour.
Old 06-30-10, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Adechikie - finally had an enjoyable dance to watch, but I attribute All-star Lauren in helping out, she's just fun to watch.

Ashley - Solid partnering with Ade in a very good number.

Jose - Still gliding along by his charisma.

Billy - He is a train-wreck in the partnering aspect, so I was mainly focused on Kathryn yet again.

Melinda - At least she tries, but she's the next to go, in comparison to the rest of the contestant, she looks like she's the one dancing with 2 left feet.

Kent - Still very much a pageanty dancer, and he got called on it this time around, so how will people like a more subdued Kent next week?

Robert - Far too much emphasis on his stretch-ability and flexibilty with not much chemistry in the partnering. Courtney was an after-thought in this number.

Lauren - Made a good recovery after the wardrobe malfunction, and ended up in the middle of the pack of performances.

Alex - totally owned his number, and deserved all the applause and love from the audience and the judges. I actually watched his number twice.
Old 06-30-10, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This was much better than last week's show.

Alex had a fantastic solo and number. He is a shoo-in to win.

Jose had a good solo but weak samba. Melinda had a weak solo but good salsa number. Kent and Lauren did good. Adechike's solo was alright, he can do better. He did well with LaurenG. Ashley basically got stuck doing contemporary three times in a row. She did ok though. I hope she isn't in the bottom 3.

I forgot some things, will have to re-watch some things later. But I think the bottom 3 will be Jose, Robert, and Melinda with Melinda leaving.
Old 06-30-10, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Adechike finally "showed up" for the show. I was wondering how he was even still on it last week--but he did great this week; really came out of his shell.

Ashley I'm liking more and more.

Lauren finally got a number that fit her well and we got to see what she can do.

Jose's
just cool, even if he can't dance as well as the others.

Alex.
Wow. Alex. I watched his number three times. I LOVED it. Is there anything this guy can't do?

Kent
...sorry, bud, not your night.

Billy...not your night either. Well, not your season so far really, but I know you've got it in you.

Robert seems to be falling apart at the seams. After a first strong week, he may be the first guy to go home.

Melinda, you shouldn't still be there...but the judges shouldn't tell you that. That's just cruel. I'd like to see the other performers even TRY tapping. At least you're able to compete as one of the top 10 they could find.

Unless the judges just want to get rid of a guy, I think Melinda's out tomorrow. Otherwise, it'll be Robert. If Melinda does go, I think she'll be the last girl for a while. Ashley is rock-solid and Lauren seems to have a lot of fans--and she can bring it with the right number.

Last edited by JuryDuty; 07-01-10 at 10:46 AM.
Old 07-01-10, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is no one else even slightly disturbed that Billy jacked off all over the stage?

Damn, I hate that guy.
Old 07-01-10, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That Twitch/Alex hip hop number was one of the most enjoyable numbers I have ever seen on the show, and I've been watching since season 1. Love the whole concept behind it, love how it was danced. Amazing.
I also loved the ashley/ade number concept about dancing without legs. And I dont think Lauren is getting enough credit for what a fabulous dancer she is. She smolders on stage and may not have the grace of Ashley, but she is a powerful dancer. I would like to see Ashley in something else besides contemporary.
Old 07-01-10, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

No surprise at Melinda leaving, except that it leaves only 2 females now. I doubt either of them will leave over the next few rounds. The good news is, all the rest of the contestants are really good dancers. Should leave us guessing the rest of the season.
Old 07-01-10, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, I re-watched the Alex-Twitch hip-hop and I didn't think it was THAT great.

Glad Ashley and Lauren were safe, surprised Billy was in bottom 3 and Jose wasn't. Robert should be finished next week.

Cool to see the garden dance again. Would be fun to see Lauren and Neil try the night flame dance on that stage.
Old 07-02-10, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm suprised that Melinda left and not Robert. Not that Melinda was better than Robert overall, but the ratio of guys to girls is way out of whack now.

By the way, have they said how many will be in the finals? That is, will eliminations go until there are two left, or four left, or what?
Old 07-02-10, 08:41 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was happy when Nigel said next week will be two dances for each contestant: one with a pro as they've been doing, and one with a competitor like in previous seasons. I love the all-stars but I also miss that contestant-partnering dynamic, so this is sort of the best of both worlds for me.

With Melinda gone I wonder if the remaining girls will more or less get a free pass from the judges for a few weeks, regardless of how they do.
Old 07-02-10, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DRG
I was happy when Nigel said next week will be two dances for each contestant: one with a pro as they've been doing, and one with a competitor like in previous seasons. I love the all-stars but I also miss that contestant-partnering dynamic, so this is sort of the best of both worlds for me.
I agree!

Originally Posted by DRG
With Melinda gone I wonder if the remaining girls will more or less get a free pass from the judges for a few weeks, regardless of how they do.
I don't know if the judges will give them a free pass, but I think America will. Since we're not voting someone out, but rather the people we like in, I anticipate that when America votes, there will only be so many votes for guys.
Old 07-02-10, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I guess 2 pairs of guy contestants will be dancing with each other next week, along with an all-star partner of the opposite gender (perhaps) for their other number.