DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Uninstall DD-WRT?

spainlinx0
06-25-10, 11:40 AM
I installed this on my Trendnet 632-BRP, and I can't seem to find anything to get this thing off my router.

I originally installed since I couldn't stream videos from my 360, and I was hoping this would help. I think Windows 7 is the problem with that though, because I had this router with Vista, and had no problems. It's weird because I can stream through PlayOn, but not directly from my laptop.

Anyway, that's irrelevant. I hate DD-WRT. I feel like it has made my router way too finicky.

I have tried every type of Google search, and it seems people only want to remove this thing from Linksys routers. I tried flashing the router with the Trendnet firmware, but nothing. Does anyone have any other suggestions, or am I going to have to buy a new router?

Also, if that's the case, any suggestions on which router to buy?

twikoff
06-25-10, 01:37 PM
before you roll out.. try loading tomato as a replacement.. i like it much better

spainlinx0
06-25-10, 10:28 PM
I would if I could. I'm all manners of fucked up now that I tried fixing it. I'll check Tomato and see if they have a suggestion.

spainlinx0
06-25-10, 10:30 PM
My router is not on the compatible list. Anyone have a router suggestion? I can't even connect wirelessly now.

Birrman54
07-07-10, 11:30 AM
There's no method to reset your Trendnet to factory defaults? Something resembling Linksys's 30-30-30 method?

I recently bought a Netgear WNDR3700, I've been fairly pleased with the performance / feature mix so far - it's not as powerful as my pfsense, but it can do a lot out of the box.

spainlinx0
07-07-10, 09:48 PM
I tried the methods from the website, but nothing. TrendNet's site just talked about the reset button on the back.

I just bought a new router. It's the Linksys E2000, and I'm happy with it so far.