Search this Thread

Old 06-24-10, 05:23 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Burn Notice -- "Breach of Faith" -- 06/24/10

Burn Notice

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Michael and Sam become entangled in a hostage standoff at a bank, while Fiona helps Jesse dig up information on a weapons runner.

Promo:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UXi1jlfm2u0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UXi1jlfm2u0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Episode 4 of 18

Looks good. Looking forward to it.
Old 06-24-10, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Re: Burn Notice -- "Breach of Faith" -- 06/24/10

Not a huge fan of this season so far, especially after how good the last few episodes of S3 were. I hope they resolve this Jesse situation quickly, because he's dragging the show down.
Old 06-24-10, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Not a huge fan of this season so far, especially after how good the last few episodes of S3 were. I hope they resolve this Jesse situation quickly, because he's dragging the show down.
He is a series regular, so I don't think he's going anywhere. As far as Michael being the one who screwed him over and Jesse not knowing about it, yeah I hope they resolve that at least by the mid-season finale.
Old 06-24-10, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DJariya
He is a series regular, so I don't think he's going anywhere. As far as Michael being the one who screwed him over and Jesse not knowing about it, yeah I hope they resolve that at least by the mid-season finale.
Facepalm. I think he detracts from the series quite a bit.

It also sucks how they have barely addressed who Michael is working for yet this season.

I hope it picks up. Hasn't been all that good so far.
Old 06-24-10, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Facepalm. I think he detracts from the series quite a bit.

It also sucks how they have barely addressed who Michael is working for yet this season.

I hope it picks up. Hasn't been all that good so far.
I neither like or hate him yet. I think it's a little too early to judge where the character is heading. But, I get your point of view (If it ain't broke don't fix it) that Michael, Sam and Fi were already a great team and just throwing in an extra person seems to disrupt the chemistry/flow of the show. But, I've read a comments here about people getting bored with the same formula they have used for 3 seasons. So I get creatively they probably wanted to add this new guy to change things up, especially now that the show has been renewed through season 6.

And isn't Michael still dealing with Management? I thought Vaughn, his handler, was sort of a liason between him and the old guy.

Last edited by DJariya; 06-24-10 at 01:54 PM.
Old 06-24-10, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I just mostly feel like they ended on this great run and it's turned into a nap.
Old 06-24-10, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

I'm one of the ones bored of the formula so I'm digging Jessie shaking things up. I really like the scenes with him and Sharon Gless. They seem to play off each other well, especially given Michael treats her more like a burden than anything. Which brings me to...

Michael has become the weak point for me. If Fi and Sam want to help someone (or random character requests help), Michael protests and rolls his eyes before giving in. I know it's always been about Michael solving the Burn, but early on it seemed like he genuinely liked helping people even when it didn't directly help his own situation. Now he just seems like a selfish prick if a case doesn't benefit him directly. Hell, even the accents/characters Michael has been doing in these few episodes have been sorely lacking.

I guess what I'm saying is it went from a show that Michael carried to a show that Sam and Fi carry this season. That's why I think they should wrap up the Burn Notice and focus on Weston just helping people. That's the strength of the show anyway, IMO.
Old 06-24-10, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think this season's been great. Humor, action and Fi sexiness. Just a shitload of fun. What more can you ask from a summer show?
Old 06-24-10, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
I think this season's been great. Humor, action and Fi sexiness. Just a shitload of fun. What more can you ask from a summer show?
I haven't kept up with these threads since I'm usually a week behind but at Barry last week when Fi flashed her gun in her shorts. "You totally cost me a customer, but damn that was hot."

I can't say Gabrielle Anwar does much for me, but I have to agree with Barry on that one.
Old 06-24-10, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found even more preview clips: http://www.daemonstv.com/2010/06/24/...n-4-episode-4/

Ya, this season has been on point. Hasn't slipped in quality at all even now that Mike is back in with management.
Old 06-25-10, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Boy, even by Burn Notice standards this ep stretched the "suspension of disbelief" line. So, Michael and Sam and the client and the scammer's girlfriend are all going to commit perjury, and send him to prison for a kidnapping he didn't commit?

Still, an enjoyable episode. Fi looked great - Gabrielle Anwar definitely does much for me.

One question: How did the cops know Michael Weston was one of the "hostages"? I wonder if he's now on their radar, and if that might have implications in the future.
Old 06-25-10, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

The cops knew (at least that he was in there) since his car was parked outside.

And I agree on the suspension of disbelief.
Old 06-25-10, 11:30 AM

Still, an enjoyable episode. Fi looked great - Gabrielle Anwar definitely does much for me.
Dude, I have been noticing this too, especially this season...the biker episode? Amazing.

I keep waiting for the Burt Reynolds episode too, can't wait for that.
Old 06-25-10, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think Fi got one of those Desperate Housewives rejuvenation treatments, but there is still that weird semi-leathery look to her face these days. But her demeanor is still very sexy and hot.
Old 06-25-10, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

She does look better this season....maybe she ate something.
Old 06-25-10, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

C'mon, you gotta love the suggested fellatio when Fi was bobbing and sipping repeatedly from the pineapple. Anybody got a screen shot?
Old 06-25-10, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Boy, even by Burn Notice standards this ep stretched the "suspension of disbelief" line. So, Michael and Sam and the client and the scammer's girlfriend are all going to commit perjury, and send him to prison for a kidnapping he didn't commit?
Somehow, I don't think perjury would be something that would dissuade them from this plot, seeing as how their choice is being convicted themselves of abduction or seeing a bad guy go down for a crime he didn't happen to commit.

The flaw here in my opinion is how easily the police bought that load of crap. That wouldn't be happening.
Old 06-27-10, 03:48 AM
DVD Talk God

Fun episode, but that was a huge stretch for Sam and Michael to be able to pull off that Con and sucker the Cops to believe that story.

I have to give some credit to whoever the weapons/technical advisor is for the show. They do a great job creating some cool gadgets/weapons/bombs. That was a pretty clever bomb that Michael created out of the bullets & toaster and muzzled to get that safe out.

Looking forward to seeing Amita from Numbers as the Sexy Assassin next week. I liked Jesse's comment that a woman that hot wouldn't be that covered up while jogging which clued them in that something was up.

Last edited by DJariya; 06-27-10 at 03:50 AM.
Old 06-27-10, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Fun episode, but that was a huge stretch for Sam and Michael to be able to pull off that Con and sucker the Cops to believe that story.

I have to give some credit to whoever the weapons/technical advisor is for the show. They do a great job creating some cool gadgets/weapons/bombs. That was a pretty clever bomb that Michael created out of the bullets & toaster and muzzled to get that safe out.

Looking forward to seeing Amita from Numbers as the Sexy Assassin next week. I liked Jesse's comment that a woman that hot wouldn't be that covered up while jogging which clued them in that something was up.
I'm glad the woman wound up being an assassin, as I found the whole concept of a random neighbor being that hot far fetched, even in Miami. She looks nice.

While I'm trying to withhold judgment on Jesse, he seems to be running the risk of turning into a Dom (an individual they tried to add during Entourage who was nothing but annoying and hurtful to the group) type of person. I hope he gets some decent closure with Michael, but for someone who was a spy on the same level he doesn't seem to have the level of subtlety and finesse of Michael. What I hope is NOT in the cards but from a writers' standpoint might be a possibility

Spoiler:
they are testing Jesse as a character to replace Michael as the burned spy on the show should Michael's character disappear or get killed. I don't want that, as the actor lacks the charisma. They tried doing something similar with the X-Files and it was soon after the show sank.
Old 06-27-10, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
... What I hope is NOT in the cards but from a writers' standpoint might be a possibility

Spoiler:
they are testing Jesse as a character to replace Michael as the burned spy on the show should Michael's character disappear or get killed. I don't want that, as the actor lacks the charisma. They tried doing something similar with the X-Files and it was soon after the show sank.
I see zero chances of that happening.
Old 06-27-10, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk God

^^ Not a chance in hell that happens. Donovan is signed on for at least 7 seasons.
Old 06-27-10, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts

^ Good to know.
Old 06-27-10, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I meant to also mention that I have been enjoying this season a lot more than I did the beginning to middle of last season, when the show felt like it was delving into the same territory too often.

I don't think the idea is to expand our trio into a group of four, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him stick around for most of this season and then perhaps recur a few times (2 or 3) in later seasons. They really need to expand the universe of a show like this, and they have done a solid job of it in my book.
Old 06-27-10, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

i enjoy the new dynamic of the show.
Old 06-27-10, 04:08 PM

I thought it was a fun episode, and I'm enjoying Jesse's addition to the crew. I think adding a 4th guy like him brings a new dynamic to the show and keeps it from getting stale. I feel like Sam's getting a lot of face time this year, and that's pretty great to see.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.