Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DeepDiscount ever deny your Paypal charge?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-10, 12:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered quite a few DVDs on the last day of Deep Discount's 25% off sale and used Paypal to pay for them. Only one item was in stock. All the rest were on backorder. They shipped the one item and then sent me an email the next day that stated there was a problem with my charge card payment and the rest of my order had been cancelled.

I contacted their customer service at [email protected] and that promptly bounced. I doubt there is a problem with my Paypal account because several things I've ordered since I placed my DeepDiscount order have gone through just fine and have shipped also. In my bounced email to DeepDiscount, I asked them how my payment method could be a problem when they had successfully charged part of my order(the one item in stock) and even shipped it.

I know in the past, that DeepDiscount has unexpectedly and for no reason cancelled orders or said an item was no longer available, the price was incorrect, yadda yadda. Never for myself, but I've read plenty of negatives...but not so much in the past few years.

Anyway, I was wondering if anybody else has had a problem with DeepDiscount and their Paypal payment and if they ever got it resolved to their satisfaction. Does anyone have a current toll-free number for DeepDiscount? Also, if you have called DeepDiscount recently over the phone, have you spoken to someone in the US?

Thanks.
Old 06-24-10, 02:27 AM

Re: DeepDiscount ever deny your Paypal charge?

Did you use their contact form?

http://www.deepdiscount.com/contactus/
Old 06-26-10, 05:37 PM

I just had the same thing happen. I used paypal and half the order went through the rest was backordered and they cancelled saying they couldn't access the funds through paypal. This sounds like an issue for them and paypal to figure out and not screw me out of the purchase for the diso****ed price. I feel cheated. I have contacted their support with this message and have so far not been give a reply. I tried to call but as mentioned in another post they seem to be using EST and not CST so I didn't get through.
Old 06-26-10, 07:51 PM

Same thing happened to me few months ago. Ordered two on sale. One shipped immediately, other (Blade Runner Blu Ray 5 Disc for $15.00) was backordered. The day after the sale ended they sent me an email saying my Paypal order was denied. Which, of course, is impossible. They were saying my debit card AND my backup credit card were denied? Not likely. I suspected they were trying to get me to pony up an extra $15 for the Blade Runner set. I had to call them and went through a bit of a hassle before they retried my card (they had to do it over the phone they said) and it went through.

The whole thing seemed fishy to me. They made me jump through some hoops before they would retry the card and honor the sale price.
Old 06-26-10, 09:10 PM

Good to know that at least you got it, and for the price you originally bought it for. I'll call agian Monday.

I was wondering I have 2 that are still on backorder status whether I should just put funds into my paypal account to counter-act the cancelling of those orders?
Old 06-29-10, 12:13 AM

I called today and got them to honor the price from the sale but as zenner22 said I had to pay over the phone. It wasn't a hassle and the guy explained why it happened, and just as I thought paypal only allows one transaction on the payment given and deepdiscount doesn't charge for backorders until they are ready.....so they try and charge again and paypal denies.

Don't pay with paypal UNLESS everything is In Stock....otherwise this happens.

Nightflyer, if you still want your stuff just call and pay over the phone they seem to have no issue honoring the prices.