Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Daring Eagles Great Freeze Up

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-10, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone else encountered a problem with the new blu-ray of Where Eagles Dare? I purchased a copy (in the double case along with Kelly's Heroes) at HMV the other day. Got it home, and at first the disc refused to load. My Samsung players said "Cannot play this disc."

I re-booted the player and it loaded. But at about 2hrs and 13minutes (Chapter 36, daring escape from Nazi village), it simply froze, with a couple of white lines across the image. I was able to skip two chapters and it began to play again, but clearly, missing five minutes of the action climax is not on, so I took the disc back, and got a replacement.

The replacement loaded fine (a little slow, but otherwise no problem), but again, at pretty much the same point, it froze, and again, could only be skipped ahead.

So, has anyone else got duff copies of this disc? Or any theories about why it happens? I suspect it's a combination of authoring problem plus my stupid Samsung player, but I don't really know.

Theories, speculations, welcome.

The One Macduff
Old 06-06-10, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Daring Eagles Great Freeze Up

Watched it last night on my PS3, no issues.