Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Amazon sent by LaserShip (WHAT the hell is it?)

Mr.Briggs
06-01-10, 06:29 PM
I ordered the Harry Potter Ultimate 1&2 blu rays yesterday & I just got an email saying it was delivered by LaserShip. Everything I've ever ordered has come by USPS or UPS from Amazon. It says it is scheduled for delivery in 2 days (with SSS). What in the world is LaserShip? And are they any good?

pilot
06-01-10, 07:24 PM
http://www.lasership.com/

Seems to be a contracted courier company that will deliver to you instead of UPS/USPS. Hopefully you have better luck than the other companies Amazon contracts its courier deliveries to.

story
06-01-10, 08:39 PM
I appreciate the link, pilot, though the reality is nowhere near as cool my imagination.

Numanoid
06-01-10, 11:17 PM
http://www.kiddieridesusa.com/product_images/LASER%20SHIP,%20Amutec.jpg

PhantomStranger
06-03-10, 08:16 PM
I ordered the Harry Potter Ultimate 1&2 blu rays yesterday & I just got an email saying it was delivered by LaserShip. Everything I've ever ordered has come by USPS or UPS from Amazon. It says it is scheduled for delivery in 2 days (with SSS). What the fuck is LaserShip? And are they any good?
Number of delivery problems in my experience as an Amazon Prime user:

UPS: 0 out of hundreds of deliveries

LaserShip: 2 out of 6 deliveries

LaserShip appears to be a cheaper service for Amazon than national chains like FedEx or UPS. If Amazon switched to them for all my packages, I would drop Prime in a heartbeat.

Gatherer
06-03-10, 08:45 PM
Here's a thread of people complaining about LaserShip's unprofessional erratic service:
www.amazon.com/gp/forum/cd/discussion.html?ie=UTF8&cdForum=Fx20DX5GEB7TUX8&cdThread=Tx27GEWWFTOKU9T (http://www.amazon.com/gp/forum/cd/discussion.html?ie=UTF8&cdForum=Fx20DX5GEB7TUX8&cdThread=Tx27GEWWFTOKU9T)

And here's something else interesting:
community.qvc.com/DiscussionDetail/tabid/73/CatID/38/TypeID/1/Recent/1/ThreadID/39130/Default.aspx (http://community.qvc.com/DiscussionDetail/tabid/73/CatID/38/TypeID/1/Recent/1/ThreadID/39130/Default.aspx)
"3/19/2010: Amazon.com has just started using Lasership to ship some of its packages. My last 2 orders were shipped that way. It is so weird. They don't use regular shipping trucks or uniformed drivers. A car pulled up to my house and a man got out and brought the package up to my door. I was shocked."

In addition to LaserShip, Amazon has been using other erratic little-known shipping services with sketchy unmarked vehicles for Prime shipping:

OnTrac:
www.amazon.com/gp/forum/cd/discussion.html?ie=UTF8&cdForum=Fx20DX5GEB7TUX8&cdThread=Tx149AXGD7VM07U (http://www.amazon.com/gp/forum/cd/discussion.html?ie=UTF8&cdForum=Fx20DX5GEB7TUX8&cdThread=Tx149AXGD7VM07U)
www.amazon.com/gp/forum/cd/discussion.html?ie=UTF8&cdForum=Fx20DX5GEB7TUX8&cdThread=Tx21YS57QD8N19V (http://www.amazon.com/gp/forum/cd/discussion.html?ie=UTF8&cdForum=Fx20DX5GEB7TUX8&cdThread=Tx21YS57QD8N19V)
www.amazon.com/gp/forum/cd/discussion.html?ie=UTF8&cdForum=Fx20DX5GEB7TUX8&cdThread=Tx1TJVMQDIKE3FZ (http://www.amazon.com/gp/forum/cd/discussion.html?ie=UTF8&cdForum=Fx20DX5GEB7TUX8&cdThread=Tx1TJVMQDIKE3FZ)

Velocity Express:
www.amazon.com/gp/forum/cd/discussion.html?ie=UTF8&cdForum=Fx20DX5GEB7TUX8&cdThread=Tx1U5LLUOL7BCJ7 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/forum/cd/discussion.html?ie=UTF8&cdForum=Fx20DX5GEB7TUX8&cdThread=Tx1U5LLUOL7BCJ7)
www.amazon.com/gp/forum/cd/discussion.html?ie=UTF8&cdForum=Fx20DX5GEB7TUX8&cdThread=Tx2BAZUR09R82Z1 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/forum/cd/discussion.html?ie=UTF8&cdForum=Fx20DX5GEB7TUX8&cdThread=Tx2BAZUR09R82Z1)

One of the many 'funny' stories in the Amazon threads about this trio of halfass companies:
"Amazon sent two shipments through them [Velocity Express]. One showed up a day late in a ditch 100 yards from my house a day after tracking says it was delivered. The other says delivered, but has not shown up even in the ditch. I live on the edge of town. Maybe they report it as delivered but wait until they get a few more packages in the area to actually make the delivery."

phrekyos
06-04-10, 07:04 AM
I'm one of the posters in that Amazon forum thread, so there's not much more I can add, except to say Amazon gave me a $10 promo code after I bitched to them about LaserShip taking a week to deliver a Blu-ray disc set via 2-day shipping.

JackBurton
06-04-10, 07:06 AM
I just checked to see what's up with a blu-ray order I placed last week and apparently Lasership is handling the delivery. I have prime and have been very pleased with it until now. If my order arrives today, I'll cut them some slack since Monday was a holiday. If not, I'll be super pissed. I didn't pay $80 for prime so some guy in a Corolla could show up with my order a week later.

Deftones
06-05-10, 06:49 PM
I've had Onetrac deliver me tons of packages from Amazon and I've not had a problem. In fact, it's nice sometimes because the 2 day delivery becomes overnight delivery (without paying for it) because Amazon has the distribution center here in town and Ontrac can get them to me the same day they pick it up.

drq2
06-06-10, 04:30 PM
"3/19/2010: Amazon.com has just started using Lasership to ship some of its packages. My last 2 orders were shipped that way. It is so weird. They don't use regular shipping trucks or uniformed drivers. A car pulled up to my house and a man got out and brought the package up to my door. I was shocked."

Ha Ha, I have water crows all over my yard (10a) in the front I have 8 of them. There are signs that say "Trespassers will get hosed" there is a turn off that everyone that needs to be on my land knows about. I do not mind them fining a cheaper way to bring it to me. But Fedex & UPS works just fine.

drq2
06-06-10, 04:34 PM
I've had Onetrac deliver me tons of packages from Amazon and I've not had a problem. In fact, it's nice sometimes because the 2 day delivery becomes overnight delivery (without paying for it) because Amazon has the distribution center here in town and Ontrac can get them to me the same day they pick it up.

They bring stuff for my daughter all the time. Only once in the 8 years (I think 8 years?) did I have a problem. They left the stuff with the people next door. It was only once and when I called about the note, the main person did not say a word about where the items where only that he will be out very shortly to bring them to me. I seen him park with the driver get the boxes bring them over (again never saying a word to me) and never seen that driver again. It was all on tape that is how I had known what happen.

Jtheo
06-07-10, 07:08 PM
That sucks. Just tracked my order for Shutter Island Blu-ray and it shipped through a company called Prestige. This is the first time someone other than UPS or Fedex has delivered a package. Not very excited to be paying for prime and getting these "carriers" making deliveries. We'll see how this turns out.

Edit: I'm in Cincinnati, OH for what its worth. Would like to know if other locals are seeing this company pop up.

Deftones
06-07-10, 09:39 PM
I just ordered something on Sunday from Amazon that is being shipped by Ontrac. I expect it to be here tomorrow, despite the fact it was 2 day shipping.

Gatherer
06-07-10, 10:33 PM
That sucks. Just tracked my order for Shutter Island Blu-ray and it shipped through a company called Prestige. This is the first time someone other than UPS or Fedex has delivered a package. Not very excited to be paying for prime and getting these "carriers" making deliveries. We'll see how this turns out.

Edit: I'm in Cincinnati, OH for what its worth. Would like to know if other locals are seeing this company pop up.

That's the fourth one :eek: so far of these lesser-known companies to pop up on shipping for normal Amazon Prime packages!

Its formal name is Prestige Delivery Systems, of prestigedelivery.com, but it is hard to find discussions of it because most people would just refer to it as Prestige, so all the products with Prestige in their name clutter up the search results. :rolleyes:

As best I can tell, it is the only one of these four companies to not have any complaints threads about it yet. So maybe that's a good sign that it may actually be a good service. Hey, their website (http://www.prestigedelivery.com/) actually shows photos of a delivery person in a uniform, an official van with a logo on it, and a handheld device like UPS/Fedex use! All things that the other three companies don't have. If you (or a family member) can manage to see your delivery when it happens, it would be interesting to know if they actually live up to their website's images.

(...or else it's just the newest addition to the motley assortment of companies and you can start the first complaint thread about it. ;) )

They are based in Garfield Heights (Cleveland area), Ohio. Their service areas include (parts of?) OH, MI, PA, IN, KY, VA, WV, MD, and NY.

bunkaroo
06-08-10, 04:45 PM
I quit Prime last August over their use of A1 around here. Without exaggerating, I probably spent close to $10,000 with Amazon over the 2 years I was with prime. All that business is now gone. I give it to Fry's or Best Buy. No one at Amazon seems to care based on my numerous attempts wither higher level support. All these courier's "lost" packages are surely on Craiglist or Ebay.

Amazon was nice while it lasted. They're just an afterthought now.

Gatherer
06-08-10, 05:49 PM
I quit Prime last August over their use of A1 around here. Without exaggerating, I probably spent close to $10,000 with Amazon over the 2 years I was with prime. All that business is now gone. I give it to Fry's or Best Buy. No one at Amazon seems to care based on my numerous attempts wither higher level support. All these courier's "lost" packages are surely on Craiglist or Ebay.

Amazon was nice while it lasted. They're just an afterthought now.

Another one, that makes 5 non-large-package iffy delivery companies spotted so far! (4 bad ones if Prestige isn't bad, which still remains to be seen.)

A-1 Courier Services, aka A-1 International, of http://www.aoneonline.com/ , with service areas in NY, NJ, MI, and PA; and in Canada with another website at http://www.a1-courier.com/ .

complaint thread with 953 posts (!) on Amazon from Feb 2008 (!) through June 2010: www.amazon.com/gp/forum/cd/discussion.html?ie=UTF8&cdForum=Fx20DX5GEB7TUX8&cdThread=Tx1S36AZK6I1PPQ (http://www.amazon.com/gp/forum/cd/discussion.html?ie=UTF8&cdForum=Fx20DX5GEB7TUX8&cdThread=Tx1S36AZK6I1PPQ)
sample: "I just received an Amazon order with A-1 Courier on the shipping label. I found this package in my driveway, when I came home tonight. I almost didn't see it and nearly ran over it. The deliverer must've thrown the package like a newspaper onto my lawn. I did not appreciate seeing this package in my driveway."

complaint thread with 89 posts here at DVDTalk from Aug-Sep-Oct 2009: forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/559656-amazon-using-a1-international-prime-huh.html (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/559656-amazon-using-a1-international-prime-huh.html)
(posts in that thread demonstrate that A-1 serves IL too, but their website doesn't indicate that, and it didn't even back in August 2009 -confused- )
sample: "I got another package from A1 today (this time they actually made the 2 day speed). Too bad the guy just threw my package at the door and left. Luckily there were only books in there. I'll think twice before buying electronics from Amazon for a while. And wtf, can't they get some marked vehicles and uniforms? It looks so weird when some guy in street clothes and a Honda Accord delivers my package. Shady as hell."

(Sounds awfully similar to the LaserShip, OnTrac, and Velocity Express, hm? ;) )

complaint thread with 46 posts at SlickDeals from Jan 2010: slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1790044 (http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1790044)

5 one-star reviews at www.yelp.com/biz/a-1-courier-services-new-york (http://www.yelp.com/biz/a-1-courier-services-new-york)
and an additional 2 more hidden one-star reviews at www.yelp.com/filtered_reviews/TAAyYzPX2_6ivlVAwZw5SQ?fsid=idcl_lkwSRorpHdlCXdsag (http://www.yelp.com/filtered_reviews/TAAyYzPX2_6ivlVAwZw5SQ?fsid=idcl_lkwSRorpHdlCXdsag)

1 one-star review at local.yahoo.com/info-11071108-a1-international-courier-service-new-york (http://local.yahoo.com/info-11071108-a1-international-courier-service-new-york) , about them trying to deliver at 11pm on a Sunday

Jtheo
06-08-10, 08:39 PM
Package was delivered at noon. My neighbor happened to be out in the yard and said it was a cargo van with a logo, so it does at least sound somewhat professional. I can't complain. In fact, I'm usually a later delivery for UPS, so not too shabby. We'll see how the next delivery turns out.

Gatherer, thanks for the info about Prestige Delivery Systems. I couldn't locate anything after a very brief search but reading more info that you pointed out sounds pretty promising.

sarahdelynn
06-09-10, 09:11 AM
Package was delivered at noon. My neighbor happened to be out in the yard and said it was a cargo van with a logo, so it does at least sound somewhat professional. I can't complain. In fact, I'm usually a later delivery for UPS, so not too shabby. We'll see how the next delivery turns out.

Gatherer, thanks for the info about Prestige Delivery Systems. I couldn't locate anything after a very brief search but reading more info that you pointed out sounds pretty promising.

I'm in Cincy, too, and have been getting packages via Prestige. Our deliveries weren't made from a van with a logo, though. We get some guy who shows up in a wood-panel station wagon and chucks the stuff on my porch. My neighbors probably think he's my dealer or something. :P So far, though, nothing has been late. I still don't much like it.

Pointyskull
06-09-10, 09:17 AM
I quit Prime last August over their use of A1 around here.

I had the same issues last fall with A1 and Amazon, but since the beginning of the year everything has been coming UPS, fwiw.

bunkaroo
06-09-10, 03:27 PM
I had the same issues last fall with A1 and Amazon, but since the beginning of the year everything has been coming UPS, fwiw.

Are you still on Prime? I've placed a few sporadic orders here and there and have had them come USPS but that's for standard not 2-day.

Pointyskull
06-09-10, 04:24 PM
Are you still on Prime? I've placed a few sporadic orders here and there and have had them come USPS but that's for standard not 2-day.

Yep. I scored another free 3-month trial a bit ago and I was experimenting with the shippers. When all came via UPS, I gambled my $79 on a Prime account. I'm not the power buyer you are, but so far, so good.

bunkaroo
06-10-10, 02:32 PM
Hmmm - if I can find a trial maybe I'll try again. It could also be that they won't use a courier for the far SW burbs, but they will in the west burbs.

Pointyskull
06-10-10, 02:36 PM
Hmmm - if I can find a trial maybe I'll try again. It could also be that they won't use a courier for the far SW burbs, but they will in the west burbs.

Remember that Amazon was using A1 on shipments to me last year - same location. Also, people at my office (Oak Brook) received a couple Amazon orders around that time via A1, as well.

bunkaroo
06-10-10, 03:25 PM
Cool good to know. How hard is it to get a 3 month trial?

Pointyskull
06-10-10, 03:31 PM
Cool good to know. How hard is it to get a 3 month trial?

Currently I have no clue. When I did it the process involved adding a certain book to your shopping cart, which triggered the 3-month free offer somehow.

There was a thread somewhere on DVDTalk, and if I recall the 3-month offer went away.

So basically I don't know.

bunkaroo
06-10-10, 04:32 PM
LOL OK thanks. Sounds like quite the treasure hunt!

Deftones
06-10-10, 06:53 PM
FWIW, that Ontrac delivery was a day early, as usual. As long as it is an item that the local distribution center has in stock, I get it the next day (despite picking 2 day shipping). I, for one, have nothing to complain about Ontrac so far. :up:

Pizza
06-11-10, 11:09 PM
I almost signed on to prime. I guess it's a good thing I didn't becauese I don't like the idea of these other carriers.

badlieut
07-30-10, 08:12 PM
I'm supposed to have a BD delivered by Prestige today (I have Prime) and they didn't show. Tracking shows that it was in a town just south of me yesterday morning and I still don't have it even today. I'm not happy since this probably would be the only night I can watch it for a while.

Viper187
08-12-10, 07:13 AM
Why doesn't Amazon take a hint a stop fucking their loyal customers over with these 3rd rate parcel couriers!?!? I just got an email saying my last order shipped via Prestige. I guess I'm not renewing my Prime membership. Might need somewhere else to xmas shop. What's my alternative? Get a PO box, so they have to use USPS?

bunkaroo
08-12-10, 08:13 AM
What's my alternative? Get a PO box, so they have to use USPS?

I'm not even sure that would help you. They might just have the courier deliver it to the PO, which of course would have a smaller window of opportunity than delivering to your home. Also, Priority Mail isn't a true guaranteed service, and it can take 3 days anyway, so it wouldn't fall into the 2-day Prime window.

Amazon obviously didn't plan properly and had to find a way to go on the cheap for all their Prime members. It was so nice when it was always UPS. I've been off Prime for a year now because of this stuff. Tried them again recently with a free 1-year student membership, and the first two packages were through a courier who scanned the packages as delivered before they delivered them. I cancelled that evening. Not worth the aggravation.

Viper187
08-12-10, 08:26 AM
I'm not even sure that would help you. They might just have the courier deliver it to the PO, which of course would have a smaller window of opportunity than delivering to your home. Also, Priority Mail isn't a true guaranteed service, and it can take 3 days anyway, so it wouldn't fall into the 2-day Prime window.

Amazon obviously didn't plan properly and had to find a way to go on the cheap for all their Prime members. It was so nice when it was always UPS. I've been off Prime for a year now because of this stuff. Tried them again recently with a free 1-year student membership, and the first two packages were through a courier who scanned the packages as delivered before they delivered them. I cancelled that evening. Not worth the aggravation.

Were you ordering anything without Prime? Are Prime members the only ones getting boned by this?

Deftones
08-12-10, 10:23 AM
man, i am fortunate. Ontrac for me has been phenomenal as a courier. hopefully that doesn't change anytime soon.

BrandonJF
08-12-10, 10:59 AM
Amazon apparently stopped using Lasership in my area. Any 2-day stuff was being delivered by them for awhile, then it just completely stopped and it's back to UPS... Oddly, I did get one thing via USPS this week, which rarely happens.

bunkaroo
08-12-10, 02:05 PM
Were you ordering anything without Prime? Are Prime members the only ones getting boned by this?

Yeah since I went off Prime I've had the occasional order for something I couldn't get locally and if I paid the 2.98 shipping fee it would come USPS in a few days. Hell I'd be willing to accept that service level for Prime.

Viper187
08-14-10, 09:10 AM
I think everyone should refuse the shipments that these 3rd rate assholes actually deliver, and keep reordering until Amazon ships your order with a reputable courier. Assuming they don't get shipping refunds on undelivered packages, maybe we can hurt their bottom line enough to make a point with whoever is running this circus.

Deftones
08-16-10, 11:30 AM
I think everyone should refuse the shipments that these 3rd rate assholes actually deliver, and keep reordering until Amazon ships your order with a reputable courier. Assuming they don't get shipping refunds on undelivered packages, maybe we can hurt their bottom line enough to make a point with whoever is running this circus.

the only thing that is going to accomplish is getting them to up the price of Prime because they are using more expensive carriers.

Viper187
08-16-10, 11:46 AM
the only thing that is going to accomplish is getting them to up the price of Prime because they are using more expensive carriers.

It's worth it if it gets rid of these lame ass carriers. They should allow you to choose your carrier in the shipping options like damn near every other site on the net.

Anubis2005X
08-23-10, 10:48 PM
I hope Amazon doesn't continue to use Lasership. Had an Amazon package at our door from Lasership that was meant for a different address. The address was in our townhouse complex, but on a totally different street. WTF? Also, got an email that said there was an attempt to deliver a couple packages, but they couldn't leave them unattended? The items were pretty cheap, and this has never happened before. Ugh...

Viper187
08-23-10, 11:04 PM
I hope Amazon doesn't continue to use Lasership. Had an Amazon package at our door from Lasership that was meant for a different address. The address was in our townhouse complex, but on a totally different street. WTF? Also, got an email that said there was an attempt to deliver a couple packages, but they couldn't leave them unattended? The items were pretty cheap, and this has never happened before. Ugh...

These carriers can go to hell as far as I'm concerned. Don't sign for anything even if they do show up. Amazon's policy is to only require a signature for items over $700.

Also, I've heard that ecr@amazon.com is a direct email to the Executive Customer Relations there. Those still getting boned should try it. I've decided to fake a PO Box to at least get USPS shipping. I just added "PO Box" to the beginning of my street address. Kind of a waste of Prime, but it's working so far. It's pissing me off my orders don't go out the same day though. I think Prime members should get fast processing whether we go 2-day or not.

Pointyskull
08-24-10, 07:11 AM
Ordered a bunch of stuff lately - shipping to my address in the SW Chicago burbs and elsewhere - and all have been UPS.

acubfaninmd
09-03-10, 04:22 PM
What's my alternative? Get a PO box, so they have to use USPS?

I use a PO Box for all my amazon orders and usually never have any problems. They usually get there a day or two before it says it will no matter what shipping method I use. Sometimes it shows up as Fed Ex Smart Post at first until it gets to a Post Office than it will show up as being shipped by USPS. Now I placed a order on the 24th and was supposed to get it the 1st and I still havent got it yet. This has been only issues I have had with them.

Daytripper
09-14-10, 08:57 PM
I have Amazon Prime, and I order from Amazon a lot. But more and more, I am NOT getting my orders within two days. And yes, these are items that qualify for two day deliveries. Such as today, I was expecting the "Seven" Blu Ray. Which I pre-ordered months ago. I got an e-mail it left a facility 15 miles from me at 11:00 AM today. Looked online and it said the courier was LaserShip. First time I noticed this. Well, I called them at 7:00 PM and got some surly CSR who said "Your package is in route". And I said "What exactly does that mean?". She said "Your package is in route". I then told her, it left your facility 8 hours again, and you're not that far from me. And it says on the Amazon sight the package would arrive today". She said "It will be delivered by 8:00". It's 10:00 PM, no package.

bunkaroo
09-14-10, 11:33 PM
I have Amazon Prime, and I order from Amazon a lot. But more and more, I am NOT getting my orders within two days. And yes, these are items that qualify for two day deliveries. Such as today, I was expecting the "Seven" Blu Ray. Which I pre-ordered months ago. I got an e-mail it left a facility 15 miles from me at 11:00 AM today. Looked online and it said the courier was LaserShip. First time I noticed this. Well, I called them at 7:00 PM and got some surly CSR who said "Your package is in route". And I said "What exactly does that mean?". She said "Your package is in route". I then told her, it left your facility 8 hours again, and you're not that far from me. And it says on the Amazon sight the package would arrive today". She said "It will be delivered by 8:00". It's 10:00 PM, no package.

Yep there you go. This is why I cancelled the free 1-year Prime I had after to packages. It's simply not worth the aggravation.

Daytripper
09-15-10, 03:33 PM

4:30 PM update, the following day. Still no package. I call Lasership and the CSR said the driver delivered this today and gave to a woman at my address. There is no woman at my address, just me. And I've been home all day. Perfect.

Drake
09-15-10, 05:50 PM
I received 2 separate packages today thru Prime ,one was delivered by Fed Ex and one by UPS.
I guess they are using different carriers, probably due to where the product ships from?

Daytripper
09-15-10, 11:30 PM
Guess what? Still no package from Amazon! Laser(motherfucking)Ship never called me back and I spoke to someone in India about this at Amazon's customer center. Yeah, that was a treat. Who the hell knows when or if I'll ever get this DVD.

Viper187
09-16-10, 03:40 PM
WTF? I added "PO Box" to the beginning of my shipping address to avoid the assholes and force USPS. It was working fine with movies, but I try to order an Xbox game and it says it can't ship to a PO Box? NOT the console, the a freakin game DVD! WHAT. THE. SHIT!? So now I have to take my chances with carriers once more and see who I get.

Daytripper
09-16-10, 07:19 PM
Thursday night, 8:20 PM EST. Still no God Damn package. Can you fucking believe this???

mallratcal
09-16-10, 08:49 PM
We don't have Lasership in Canada (I don't think) but Amazon.ca has been shipping a lot more packages (at least to me) by UPS. One of my packages was supposedly delivered a week ago, and the driver must be some kind of moron and left it with someone in another apartment. I've called UPS and am waiting to hear back from Amazon but I'm completely screwed, aren't I?

NoirFan
09-16-10, 08:54 PM
Thursday night, 8:20 PM EST. Still no God Damn package. Can you fucking believe this???

You should call Amazon and demand they ship a replacement copy by 2-day shipping immediately.

Daytripper
09-16-10, 10:27 PM
I did. On Wed night. They said they were shipping out another BD right away. But I didn't get an e-mail until today (Thursday) that it went out. And would receive tomorrow. This is the worst online purchase I've ever had.

Jtheo
09-23-10, 06:00 PM
I am having the same issue that Daytripper had. Prestige has marked a package as delivered and it hasn't been. Amazon customer service was very unhelpful. 4 years of prime and you would think a business would want to keep a longtime customer happy. Won't renew prime since Amazon doesn't seem interested in my business. These cost-cutting measures employed by Amazon will catch up to them at some point.

Viper187
10-10-10, 08:52 PM
I am having the same issue that Daytripper had. Prestige has marked a package as delivered and it hasn't been. Amazon customer service was very unhelpful. 4 years of prime and you would think a business would want to keep a longtime customer happy. Won't renew prime since Amazon doesn't seem interested in my business. These cost-cutting measures employed by Amazon will catch up to them at some point.

Yep. Mine expired last week. Now I have to try to spend $25 at a time and put up with slow shipping if I want to cut costs this holiday season. That, and I might need a bigger mailbox. I miss my UPS 2-day.

TheKing
10-11-10, 07:54 AM
I made 3 orders over the weekend using my Prime trial through Amazon Mom. All Blu-rays. The first two orders were made less than an hour apart and went into shipping soon phase immediately. The 3rd order was made several hours later and took a little longer to go to Shipping soon.

All three orders were shipped through UPS. The first two shipped from Philadelphia, while the third (which was actually the same item as the second order as I bought one for a friend) shipped from Phoenix (I'm in California).

According to Amazon I'll get the 3rd order today and the first two on Tuesday. Now that I look closer, the first two orders have the same tracking number, so they must have combined the shipments.

It's a shame that some people have to deal with crappy shipping, but I've been fortunate. Hopefully my luck will still be there in 2 weeks for my WWE SmackDown Vs. Raw 2011 pre-order with Release Day Shipping...

Anubis2005X
10-21-10, 09:58 AM
I seem to be having the same problem that Daytripper is having. My copy of Psycho was supposed to arrive on Tuesday, and now it's Thursday. The tracking system isn't showing that it was delivered, so I've no idea what's going on. I tried emailing Lasershit and their site is worthless. It said it couldn't find that order, even though it had already pulled up the tracking information for me. WTF? If it's not there when I get home, I'm contacting Amazon. Rubbish...

story
10-21-10, 11:00 AM
Wow, that's all a bummer. I've always received my two-day shipping within two days. Hopefully we're not all in for a downslide of service.

Mikael79
10-21-10, 02:00 PM
I've also never had the misfortune of having LaserShip deliver my AmazonPrime shipments. UPS may ding up some boxes when they throw them on my porch, but at least they're always on time.

pbishop69
10-21-10, 11:36 PM
Do Amazon and Best Buy share the same fulfillment centers?

bse
10-22-10, 12:39 AM
My prime orders have started to come via Prestige and I've been getting them anywhere between 2-5 days, I've contacted Amazon and they reply "Please wait until (insert date) and contact us again"

bse
10-22-10, 01:10 PM
So, I've had a package from Prestige in my city for 3 days now (6 days after Amazon shipped it) - I got 2 packages from Prestige today and it turns out to be packages that were shipped out from Amazon 3 days ago, but the package thats been in my city for 3 days still have not arrived.

bse
10-26-10, 04:18 PM
so 10 days since my Prestige order has been in my city, still no package, but I've got 5 other packages from them. Amazon, for the first time in 5 years, gave me bad customer service, the woman told me since one of the items was a special edition (the special edition was the cheapest DVD/Blu-Ray of the order) that I had to wait extra time length before they will re-ship or refund my money. The special edition statement was probably the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Another package from Prestige, that was supposed to be delivered 2 days ago is now also missing, which has 7 blu-rays in it....

awesome!

Anubis2005X
10-26-10, 05:17 PM
So, I waited a few extra days for Psycho on Blu-ray to come. I was patient, cause I'm in no rush, and they gave me a $5 promo for my troubles. I was patient until today. Still no change in the tracking history, apparently Lasership never received it from Amazon, so it's just in limbo. After raising some very polite hell with Amazon, they're overnighting me another copy. Friggin' Lasershiz. Though for what it's worth, this is the only problem I've had with them so far...

Kevin M. Dean
10-26-10, 09:41 PM
Shipping problems have a lot to do with where you live and the quality of the local employees. Luckily in the last month I've received 3 shipments via Lasership all within 2 days of shipping without issue, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

kd5
10-27-10, 07:40 AM
Glad I never bothered with Prime. Hard to believe Amazon would make you pay extra for sub-standard shipping, seems like a weird way to get shit on. -kd5-

Mr.Briggs
10-28-10, 06:24 PM
Well, I started this thread & LaserShip just fucked me over again. The old fart dropped off my BTTF blu ray box set at the door (in a large apartment complex) & it was stolen before I ever knew he'd left it. Thank God Amazon is reshipping it by next day air. Hopefully it'll be FedEx. Got a hefty price for the digital copies which'll cover over 2/3 of the price of the box set & nearly died when I found out I wouldn't get it today. Luckily Amazon has great customer service (just wish they'd stop using LaserShip).

High bidder retracted his bid of $33 saying I changed the description of the item (funny thing is the auction has never been revised). Looks like I'll be getting $8.50 less than I thought I was for the digital copies. Reported the bastard to ebay (like they'll do anything).

Anubis2005X
10-29-10, 02:40 PM
Well, I started this thread & LaserShip just fucked me over again. The old fart dropped off my BTTF blu ray box set at the door (in a large apartment complex) & it was stolen before I ever knew he'd left it. Thank God Amazon is reshipping it by next day air. Hopefully it'll be FedEx. Got a hefty price for the digital copies which'll cover over 2/3 of the price of the box set & nearly died when I found out I wouldn't get it today. Luckily Amazon has great customer service (just wish they'd stop using LaserShip).

High bidder retracted his bid of $33 saying I changed the description of the item (funny thing is the auction has never been revised). Looks like I'll be getting $8.50 less than I thought I was for the digital copies. Reported the bastard to ebay (like they'll do anything).

He's paying $33 for just digital copies of the BTTF trilogy? Psycho...

bse
10-30-10, 12:28 AM
Well, today Prestige had 2 packages listed as "out for delivery" for me, I got 1 thrown at my door (the first time the driver never knocked or had me sign for the package) which I thought was weird, I pick up the package and it has a huge rip in it, with a huge dent in my box set.....the other package was nowhere to be found (they have lost 2 packages in the last 2 weeks, Amazon refunded me, but its bullshit still) I called the local Prestige office and they assured me the other package would be delivered Monday and is not lost, the driver just forgot to drop it off, now I track the package and they are both listed as Delivered and signed for by me....

Every time I contact Amazon about it, they send me the same bullshit stock reply, I know they will refund or replace items that are lost, but the fact this is an ongoing process, as I'm getting punished for being a Prime member, fuck prestige.

Anubis2005X
10-30-10, 06:30 AM
Well, today Prestige had 2 packages listed as "out for delivery" for me, I got 1 thrown at my door (the first time the driver never knocked or had me sign for the package) which I thought was weird, I pick up the package and it has a huge rip in it, with a huge dent in my box set.....the other package was nowhere to be found (they have lost 2 packages in the last 2 weeks, Amazon refunded me, but its bullshit still) I called the local Prestige office and they assured me the other package would be delivered Monday and is not lost, the driver just forgot to drop it off, now I track the package and they are both listed as Delivered and signed for by me....

Every time I contact Amazon about it, they send me the same bullshit stock reply, I know they will refund or replace items that are lost, but the fact this is an ongoing process, as I'm getting punished for being a Prime member, fuck prestige.

:lol: How professional of them!

Anubis2005X
10-30-10, 07:19 AM
So, I waited a few extra days for Psycho on Blu-ray to come. I was patient, cause I'm in no rush, and they gave me a $5 promo for my troubles. I was patient until today. Still no change in the tracking history, apparently Lasership never received it from Amazon, so it's just in limbo. After raising some very polite hell with Amazon, they're overnighting me another copy. Friggin' Lasershiz. Though for what it's worth, this is the only problem I've had with them so far...

So my original copy of Psycho from lasership finally showed up...in my mailbox, sent from USPS. But it also has lasership postage on it. WTF. Contacting Amazon and sending this sucker back, sigh...

onebyone
10-30-10, 09:17 AM
Although amazon didn't do anything but send out replacement disc after replacement disc when I was getting burned with Velocity Express in my area awhile back, after a few disastrous months amazon stopped using them in my area. I can only guess that was because of all the complaints and losses. Hopefully, that will happen soon with you guys struggling with Lasership.

I had canceled my prime when that was going on, as it was just useless to have I could get things faster and more reliably with standard shipping. Once I got word that deliveries were going through with UPS again, I signed back up and haven't had a problem since.

bse
11-01-10, 11:11 PM
Well Prestige has lost their 3rd package in 2 weeks, the package they said they forgot to deliver Friday but will bring Monday, never showed...Amazon refunded me, but it sucks because it was a marketplace seller who sold via Amazon, so I got the item for dirt cheap w/ free shipping, now the cheapest one is $10 more.

My new releases that are supposed to arrive tomorrow got sent Prestige, so we will see if they arrive, ever.

grundle
11-04-10, 09:37 AM
Amazon has also switched from UPS to Prestige with me. The amazon tracking website claims there was a failed delivery attempt by Prestige yesterday, but there was no sticky paper on my door like what UPS always uses. I called and emailed amazon and told them I'd like them to switch back to UPS.

One great thing about UPS is they come at the exact same time every day, so I always order so it comes on a day when I'll be available at that time. This is my second time with Prestige, and the alleged attempted delivery yesterday was not the same time as the previous delivery.

grundle
11-04-10, 01:42 PM
Amazon has also switched from UPS to Prestige with me. The amazon tracking website claims there was a failed delivery attempt by Prestige yesterday, but there was no sticky paper on my door like what UPS always uses. I called and emailed amazon and told them I'd like them to switch back to UPS.

One great thing about UPS is they come at the exact same time every day, so I always order so it comes on a day when I'll be available at that time. This is my second time with Prestige, and the alleged attempted delivery yesterday was not the same time as the previous delivery.

Prestige just delivered my package - and it was at the exact time as their previous delivery. So that's good.

However, the delivery person said they didn't make any attempted delivery yesterday, because they had "too many packages." But that's not what what their online tracking says.

bse
11-04-10, 11:09 PM
I pre-ordered Centurion and The Bridge on the River Kwai a month ago, the release date was Tuesday, my package is MIA. I've canceled my pre-orders for next week and will spend the extra money and shop at Best Buy this week.

There are literally dozens of posts like this at amazon http://www.amazon.com/tag/amazon%20carrier%20feedback/forum/ref=cm_cd_pg_pg1?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx2KOZSYK6OUZ6Y&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx3GI4CTRZEIPUN

It has to stop at some point, I mean its terrible business this is even still happening.

Artman
11-07-10, 01:24 AM
It looks like I just got switched from UPS to USPS. Hmm.. well hopefully they don't try to cram stuff into the mailbox that doesn't fit. This 3rd party stuff sounds like a nightmare...

Pointyskull
11-07-10, 07:13 AM
After a brief experience having stuff "delivered" by those B-level couriers a few times last year, my current round Prime orders are coming UPS.

grundle
11-09-10, 02:57 PM
I pre-ordered Centurion and The Bridge on the River Kwai a month ago, the release date was Tuesday, my package is MIA. I've canceled my pre-orders for next week and will spend the extra money and shop at Best Buy this week.

There are literally dozens of posts like this at amazon http://www.amazon.com/tag/amazon%20carrier%20feedback/forum/ref=cm_cd_pg_pg1?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx2KOZSYK6OUZ6Y&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx3GI4CTRZEIPUN

It has to stop at some point, I mean its terrible business this is even still happening.

That's the very first result that pops up when you google "Prestige shipping." I had already emailed the link to amazon's customer service department.

I just placed an order with overnight shipping, and it has was shipped with UPS. I don't mind paying a little extra money for that kind of reliability.

grundle
11-09-10, 03:04 PM
After a brief experience having stuff "delivered" by those B-level couriers a few times last year, my current round Prime orders are coming UPS.

I live in Pittsburgh, PA.

When I had stuff shipped by Prestige, as soon as it was shipped, their tracking said it was in Coraopolis, PA, which is only about 10 miles form Pittsburgh. But amazon doesn't even have a warehouse in Coraopolis, as far as I know.

When it arrived, the return address said it had originated in Kentucky, where amazon does have a major warehouse. With past orders that were shipped by UPS, the UPS tracking often said the place of origin was Kentucky - UPS never cited Coraopolis as the point of origin.

anthylorrel
03-08-11, 10:46 PM
Amazon is still using Lasership, in case any one was wondering. My package I ordered this morning with my prime membership has been sent by them. According to amazon, I should have it by thursday. We'll see.

Nethead12
03-13-11, 02:34 PM
amazon used lasership for my last 2 orders (first time amazon has assigned any of my orders to them), they both arrived Friday night at 9pm; lasership left them outside the front door of the business address. (per the amazon online tracking)

Saturday Morning they were gone.

Called Amazon and they are reshipping both orders. Retail cost of lost books to Amazon $60, cost to me $0. I can pay this "game" with them all day. maybe someday they will decide to use a shipping company that doesn't have issues.

Awaiting the reshipment, wonder who they will use.

anthylorrel
03-16-11, 12:37 PM
Amazon is still using Lasership, in case any one was wondering. My package I ordered this morning with my prime membership has been sent by them. According to amazon, I should have it by thursday. We'll see.

An update: The package was tracked from its arrival in my city, to my door and arrived on time. However, I live in an apartment complex in a not so nice neighborhood, and they saw it fit to drive up to my door in a station wagon with a little lasership magnet on it, and leave the package on my stoop. No knock or anything. Had I not heard him close his door and drive away, I never would have though to check outside again, and my package probably would have been stolen.

Lt. Brannigan
03-21-11, 08:16 PM
I have been lucky, every single one of my Prime orders have been delivered to me via Fed-Ex, who oddly enough gets my two day shipping purchases to me in one day, UPS, by far the friendliest, and even USPS.

What I have noticed though is that those three often tag team my packages as they journey to my home.

Viper187
03-21-11, 08:48 PM
Amazon finally mailed my Razer Onza Xbox controller, but they used that FedEx smart post bullshit. Their delivery estimate in the email says tomorrow. It better show up. I'd gladly pay a premium for real shipping if it was offered.

MMJDC
04-26-11, 06:06 PM
Unfortunately this is the new method Amazon is using for delivery. I had not one but two packages misdelivered this week. I for one will be using Amazon a whole lot less in the future.

Josh-da-man
04-26-11, 06:31 PM
Will Amazon cancel your account if Lasership (or any other shady deliver service they employ) loses too many of your packages?

Viper187
04-26-11, 06:38 PM
Prefix your address with "PO Box" even though it's not. Forces USPS. As long as you're ordering stuff Amazon thinks it can ship to a PO box, you're good. I still can't figure out why an Xbox game the size of a DVD makes their system go apeshit and require a non-PO box address.

EdTheRipper
04-26-11, 06:58 PM
I haven't had anything similar to LaserShip yet, but I've noticed a lot more of my Prime packages coming via USPS. I'm not particularly thrilled about this, as I'm not always home to grab the mail.

Pointyskull
05-08-11, 08:34 AM
My last few Prime orders have shipped via Ensenda, without problem.

Weird thing is I ordered two items yesterday (Saturday) and it's marked out for delivery today (Sunday).

No complaints from me.

EDIT:

Shipment arrived today (Sunday) around 1:00 pm. That is less than 24 hours from order to delivery. I can live with that...

Mr. Nice Guy
06-28-11, 05:18 PM
Hi all. New guy here, but in truth, I only registered so that I can post what I have to say...when I did a Google on Lasership, this thread popped up. Also, in keeping with the theme of this site, I figure I'll choose a name based on one of my favorite DVDs....(shocked no one else had it though....)

In any event, I ordered toner from Amazon with Prime (free Student membership that will expire in a couple of weeks). I normally got UPS (NJ) but now I got some crap-hole company I never heard of (Lasership). I called them up and they assure me my order will be here before 7 PM tonight. It's now 6:15 PM. It's gonna be an inconvenience more than anything else if I do not see toner. I just wanted to let others know my experience before I join the bash Lasership bandwagon.

lordzeppelin
07-18-11, 10:43 PM
Seeing that this thread popped back up, I thought I'd add Fedex Smartpost to the list of services that are slower than fucking media mail delivered by horse and buggy. I placed my order on 7/7, and the estimated arrival is currently 7/21. 14 days for 2 blus, Amazon? Really?

Timber
07-19-11, 06:36 AM
Interesting, didn't know there were so many problems with Lasership. I always like when I see Lasership is my shipping method because it generally means I'll get it overnight instead of 2 day. They'er "laser" fast for me.

Deftones
08-16-11, 09:05 AM
Had an issue with A1 tonight. Ordered something on Sunday w/ local delivery. Was supposed to be delivered yesterday. It was after 8pm and the item had not shown up. So i contacted Amazon and they issued a refund. The CSR checked the tracking and it showed it was out for delivery but not had been delivered. I wake up this morning and there's a package on my doorstep. I check A1's delivery confirmation and they said they delivered it at 7:45pm last night. Total bullshit. I was outside after 8pm and no package and that is why I contacted Amazon. I don't know why Amazon continues to use companies like this, but I enjoy the customer service they provide when these crappy companies screw it up.

RonG617
08-17-11, 03:24 PM
Had the same issue with Lasership leaving a package by my front door sometime at night. I didn't contact amazon though. Though in fairness Fedex lost an overnight shipment for about 8 days before it showed up, 5 days after the replacement. So there are problems with all of the shippers at times.

PhantomStranger
08-17-11, 03:32 PM
LaserShip has gotten much better delivering Amazon packages to me in the past year. Most of the time 2-day Prime delivery items show up the next day. From what I can tell, LaserShip contracts individuals to deliver packages any way they can, usually from their private vehicle. So I imagine service is going to vary wildly, depending on your region.

banthafett
08-19-11, 02:30 AM
Our packages have been coming from Prestige the past month or so. So far no complaints. Except the ghetto dweller in her rust bucket blasting music is the delivery person. But other than that, everything comes when it says it would be here. Hope it stays that way.

Had my first return after all these years this week. Wasnt from Prestige, shipping box didnt have one scratch on it. Amazon should have never sent the dvd set to begin with, it was fucked before they even put it in the box to send out.

SethDLH
08-25-11, 11:25 PM
I've had stuff coming UPS and A1 both are fine but A1 has been so awesome. Usually next day and early in the morning.

RonG617
08-26-11, 08:28 AM
Lasership is being used more and more by Amazon. They are getting the packages to my house by the right date. The only problem is that they show up some time at night and never ring the bell, so I have no idea the package is on my front steps until the next morning. It is not a huge deal since I live in a safe area, but people steal anywhere.

Deftones
02-27-12, 07:50 PM
So I've had not a single problem with Ontrac, but I may have my first issue. Package being delivered today. Was home eating dinner when it was "delivered" at 6:30pm tonight. Usually the driver rings the bell, but nothing. Checked tracking and it said it was delivered. So I called and I'm awaiting to hear back from the CSR, who is checking with driver.

Deftones
02-27-12, 08:14 PM
And now Ontrac is officially on my shit list. "the driver delivered the package. our policy is to send the driver back to try to find the package. unfortunately, he's gone home for the night because you were the last delivery." He will have to come back out tomorrow. So, fuck them, essentially. I'll just call Amazon right now and have them resend it. I think the idiot driver delivered it to the wrong house. No way this thing disappeared in the span of 15 minutes from when ate and checked the delivery confirmation.

Deftones
02-28-12, 01:18 PM
So to finish off the story. Called Amazon last night. They agreed to ship another item. I hear a bell this morning. Guy from Ontrac has my package in his hand, he goes "sorry, it was misdelivered. here you go!" and walks off. the only thing that bugged me is that the package was opened. it's just a stupid USB cable so i don't care, but that bugged me a little. i called Amazon to cancel my replacement but was too late, so I get to refuse that or ship it back once it arrives.

argh923
02-28-12, 07:42 PM
This thread is weird to me...I've had Amazon Prime for 5 years and literally never had a single package that wasn't delivered by UPS or FedEx.

Deftones
02-28-12, 10:24 PM
This thread is weird to me...I've had Amazon Prime for 5 years and literally never had a single package that wasn't delivered by UPS or FedEx.

I would assume it is because you live in a smaller town.

Josh-da-man
02-28-12, 10:58 PM

Muncie probably isn't big enough to support service by these sleazy couriers that Amazon employs, so they have to use UPS and Fedex to get your packages to you.

DirkUSA
02-29-12, 11:09 AM
So to finish off the story. Called Amazon last night. They agreed to ship another item. I hear a bell this morning. Guy from Ontrac has my package in his hand, he goes "sorry, it was misdelivered. here you go!" and walks off. the only thing that bugged me is that the package was opened. it's just a stupid USB cable so i don't care, but that bugged me a little. i called Amazon to cancel my replacement but was too late, so I get to refuse that or ship it back once it arrives.

Why didn't you just wait a day to see if they deliver it the next day?

argh923
02-29-12, 12:40 PM
I would assume it is because you live in a smaller town.

Muncie probably isn't big enough to support by these sleazy couriers that Amazon employs, so they have to use UPS and Fedex to get your packages to you.

You're probably right. Works for me. :banana:

Deftones
02-29-12, 03:29 PM
Why didn't you just wait a day to see if they deliver it the next day?

Why would I since it was listed as delivered?

Mr.Briggs
09-25-12, 09:20 PM
CRAP After over a year I got a shipping notice today from Amazon for American President & the BOND blu ray box set & they're coming by Lasership. Not this again. If they still have the same old man with the beat up car who just leaves it at the door (in a BIG apartment complex) I will wheel my wheelchair outside & club him to death with a baseball bat. After a year I thought they'd quit using them.

PhantomStranger
09-25-12, 09:38 PM
I've actually not been shipped anything by LaserShip in over six months, when Amazon had been heavily using them for a couple of years. It's pretty apparent Amazon is going with whatever delivery service offers the cheapest contract bid in a delivery area.

RonG617
09-26-12, 04:37 PM
I have had nothing but good luck with Lasership. Stuff gets here fast and in perfect condition. The guy delivering it comes in a god awful beat up white cargo van, but they do a good job by me.

Mr.Briggs
03-26-13, 06:28 PM
My Lincoln 4 disc was scheduled to arrive April 1-5 but has shipped & is now scheduled to arrive much earlier (Thursday March 28th). The bad news is it''s coming by LaserShip. Pray for me. :(

PhantomStranger
03-28-13, 09:17 PM
My Lincoln 4 disc was scheduled to arrive April 1-5 but has shipped & is now scheduled to arrive much earlier (Thursday March 28th). The bad news is it''s coming by LaserShip. Pray for me. :(
I'll never complain about LaserShip ever again after Amazon decided a few months ago to start sending all of my Prime deliveries using the US Postal Service. Needless to say, the Postal Service did not once meet the guaranteed two-day delivery window over dozens of orders.

grundle
05-10-13, 11:24 PM
Prestige did not deliver my stuff (17 books) that was "guaranteed delivery" by Friday 8 P.M.

You can still reach them by phone if you click on "help" and then "contact" and then give them your phone number - they call you immediately, and put you on hold until someone is available.

The amazon person on the phone was very friendly, and said he thinks it will never be delivered to me, because the tracking shows it as being stuck for the past 29 hours in a city that has an amazon warehouse (different from the city and warehouse where it was shipped from), and he thinks that Prestige is done with the package. So basically, Prestige picked it up from one amazon warehouse, and dropped it off at a different amazon warehouse.

He emailed me a $20 gift certificate, and said that if I don't get the package by Tuesday, they'll reship.

I'd rather have my stuff now than the $20.

grundle
05-11-13, 03:30 AM
Amazon just wrote again and said they choose the carrier that provides "the best service." And they gave me a $10 gift certificate.

Then they sent me another email saying that my order was "lost in transit," and asked me if I would prefer a refund or to have it reshipped overnight (for a Tuesday delivery). I said I wanted my stuff.

Then I used the $30 in gift certificates to buy more stuff, which has a "guaranteed delivery" date of Tuesday.

Funny how the "overnight" for my reship and the "second day" for my new order are both supposed to arrive on the same day.

Anyway, taking into account the $30 in gift certificates, plus the cost of replacing and reshipping 17 books, I'd say their decision to continue using Prestige is costing them quite a bit.

I'd still prefer that they used UPS, instead of giving me all these gift certificates.

grundle
05-11-13, 09:05 AM
Amazon just sent me another email, where the person said that they are "taking steps to make sure that this never happens again."

They also repeated their statement that the reship of my 17 books would arrive on Tuesday.

And they sent me another $10 gift certificate.

Rexxriot
10-11-13, 08:20 AM
Last week, I ordered the Planet of the Apes blu-ray set that was the Deal of the Day. They sent it Lasership, who apparently lost the package. So Amazon sent a replacement via Lasership. Really?

danwiz
10-11-13, 06:46 PM
My latest Amazon order was shipped by some company called MSI (I'm in Japan and ordered from Amazon USA). I have a tracking number and when I enter it on their hard to find tracking page it merely tells me "left country of origin" - it does not yet even indicate if the package has arrived in Japan (it left the USA on Oct 2nd, so it must be a VERY SLOW airplane). The My Orders page at Amazon says it should be delivered by 8:00 PM YESTERDAY! Should I contact Amazon or be patient and wait for a couple more days.

Trevor
10-12-13, 12:16 PM
My latest Amazon order was shipped by some company called MSI (I'm in Japan and ordered from Amazon USA). I have a tracking number and when I enter it on their hard to find tracking page it merely tells me "left country of origin" - it does not yet even indicate if the package has arrived in Japan (it left the USA on Oct 2nd, so it must be a VERY SLOW airplane). The My Orders page at Amazon says it should be delivered by 8:00 PM YESTERDAY! Should I contact Amazon or be patient and wait for a couple more days.
You should have called and raised holy heck yesterday at 8:01. And file a complaint with the Better Business Bureaus in each jurisdiction involved in the transport. I'd write my Senators too.

danwiz
10-12-13, 06:39 PM
Pretty drastic, wouldn't you say! I'll wait an additional week and then fire off an e-mail to them.:lol:

DirkUSA
10-14-13, 03:46 PM

I order from amazon.de every few months and it's always the same with the tracking. I see every move the package makes until it reaches the US. Then nothing happens until I get my package, usually within 10 days or so after the package arrived in the US, and then the tracking shows delivered that night. The tracking shows nothing between the arrival in the US and the delivery to me. It comes with USPS.

danwiz
10-18-13, 05:31 PM
Well, I contacted Amazon yesterday about this late shipment (now 1 week past their estimated delivery date. What was their response? They issued an order to refund my shipping fees and asked me to wait until November 1st to report the order as missing. Duh, the estimated delivery date was October 11th. Their shipping has become terrible in recent years - a package used to arrive in 7 days from their shipping date, now they ask me to wait a full month before even reporting a shipment as missing.

danwiz
10-19-13, 07:48 AM
The package arrived this afternoon. Only a week and a day late and they refunded my entire fee for postage! I'm satisfied, not happy, but satisfied.

tvaddict
02-28-14, 12:34 AM
First my apologies for bumping an old thread. I sell a few things on Amazon (using their FBA service) and noticed that a customer that bought an item today was getting their widget via LaserShip. Having never heard of it, I googled and found this thread.

While I'm hoping that my customer doesn't have the kind of miserable experience that seems to be common with LaserShip (though I fear they will), I wanted to let everyone here know that if you have Prime (and it's not a free student prime or amazon mom prime account) and your order arrives late, you are supposed to get a free one month's extension on your Prime account, up to a maximum of 12 extensions a year. When they use these lousy carriers that deliver late (smartpost, lasership, etc) be sure to press them on this issue.

If you don't have Prime, but your order qualifies for Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery, you are entitled to a refund of the shipping fee.

If item gets lost, you can press them for both a reship and the extra month of prime (I successfully got both just last week when my order got lost before it even got to UPS).

If you need to prove to them that you are entitled to one month extension of Prime, the page is at: www[dot]amazon[dot]com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=201117450

The first part of that page deals with non-prime orders that qualify for Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery. At the very bottom, though, is where it says you get a one month extension on your prime account for late deliveries.

Anyway, like I said, I just wanted to make sure everyone here knew about the extension thing.

Kevin M. Dean
02-28-14, 10:45 AM
Lasership is absolutely fine in my area and generally ships faster than the others.

Shannon Nutt
02-28-14, 11:33 AM
I've complained several times about late PRIME shipments over the years and have never gotten my membership extended. Sometimes a gift certificate, sometimes just a 'sorry', but never, ever an extension.

DirkUSA
02-28-14, 01:38 PM
First my apologies for bumping an old thread. I sell a few things on Amazon (using their FBA service) and noticed that a customer that bought an item today was getting their widget via LaserShip. Having never heard of it, I googled and found this thread.

While I'm hoping that my customer doesn't have the kind of miserable experience that seems to be common with LaserShip (though I fear they will), I wanted to let everyone here know that if you have Prime (and it's not a free student prime or amazon mom prime account) and your order arrives late, you are supposed to get a free one month's extension on your Prime account, up to a maximum of 12 extensions a year. When they use these lousy carriers that deliver late (smartpost, lasership, etc) be sure to press them on this issue.

If you don't have Prime, but your order qualifies for Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery, you are entitled to a refund of the shipping fee.

If item gets lost, you can press them for both a reship and the extra month of prime (I successfully got both just last week when my order got lost before it even got to UPS).

If you need to prove to them that you are entitled to one month extension of Prime, the page is at: www[dot]amazon[dot]com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=201117450

The first part of that page deals with non-prime orders that qualify for Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery. At the very bottom, though, is where it says you get a one month extension on your prime account for late deliveries.

Anyway, like I said, I just wanted to make sure everyone here knew about the extension thing.

Thanks for the info. I will try to get an extension next time my prime shipment is late.

tvaddict
02-28-14, 11:10 PM
I've complained several times about late PRIME shipments over the years and have never gotten my membership extended. Sometimes a gift certificate, sometimes just a 'sorry', but never, ever an extension.

Up until knowing about that page, I only ever got "sorry". In the past 2 weeks I've gotten two extensions (one with that lost order and one for a late one). I don't know when this became policy; but, the next time it happens and you don't get the extension, reopen the case and request that they honor their policy and give you a month extension on your Prime.

Of course, a $10 gift cert. is a higher value than the month's extension (since one month of Prime figures out to $6.58) but if all you get in response to your initial complaint is an apology...

Thanks for the info. I will try to get an extension next time my prime shipment is late.
You're welcome