Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Undisputed III: Redemption

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-10, 08:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Undisputed III: Redemption is hitting dvd and bluray tomorrow (June 1rst). Anyone else as excited as I am ?? I'm a sucker for b-movie dtv throwbacks to the 80 & 90's. Loved Adkins and Florentine's other collaborations, so I'm hoping this one will continue the fine tradition.

Lots of early reviews have touted this as the one the best (if not the best) american martial arts flicks ever. Bring it on !!
Old 05-31-10, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Undisputed III: Redemption

It's on its way to me on Blu-Ray to review from a fellow OFCSer. Can't wait. Undisputed II was shockingly awesome. I am sad to report that I did not like Ninja, which greatly tempered my expectations for this one, but I'm still hoping it kicks ass.
Old 05-31-10, 02:13 PM

Cool. What is the OFCS ??

Have you read any reviews on the actual bluray itself ?? It's a definite purchase, but I'm curious on the picture and audio quality.

The reviews for Ninja were mixed (I enjoyed it), but the reviews for Undisputed III are all positive so far. To be honest, I'm kind of shocked it's getting as much love as it is.
Old 05-31-10, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I loved (was shocked that it was actually good) Undisputed II. And then I was fairly let down by Ninja - but with Undisputed III, the team makes up for Ninja and outdoes Undisputed III.

I got to see this at an actual theaterical screening and the audience was eating it up.
Old 05-31-10, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The OFCS is the Online Film Critics Society, a circle of professional online film critics.

When the disc shows up, it will be the Blu-Ray and I will be reviewing the disc itself. Watch this space, hopefully I'll have it up over the weekend.
Old 06-01-10, 07:37 PM

Just finished watching the bluray. Great flick. The story line is pretty much more the same, but the action scenes were awesome. Florentine and Adkins are really starting to mesh as a team. My only beef was some of the rap music playing for some of the fights. It just seem to cheapen it a little bit.

Can't wait to see what these guys do next.
Old 06-01-10, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really want this but why on earth is the Blu-Ray so F'n expensive?
Old 06-02-10, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Sessa17
Not sure why the bluray is so pricey in the U.S. In canada, amazon.ca has it for 23.99 cdn. I picked it up at futureshop (Canada's version of best buy)where it was 26.99. That's pretty much the standard bluray prices up here.

The bluray has no special features.....but the video and audio really good. Video has lots of detail. The audio was fairly front heavy, but the fights had plenty of whoomp with some good low-end.
Old 06-02-10, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by Sessa17
Yeah I was going to get this, but I cant do $30+ on 1 movie, when June is expensive for me.
Old 06-02-10, 02:47 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are these sequels to the Wesley Snipes prison boxing movie from a few years back? If so, is this the rare case where the sequels are much better than the original? Because I remember not being very impressed with that movie.
Old 06-02-10, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by DRG
Are these sequels to the Wesley Snipes prison boxing movie from a few years back?
Yup. As for the quality, I can't speak on the sequels because I haven't seen either yet.
Old 06-02-10, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DRG
Are these sequels to the Wesley Snipes prison boxing movie from a few years back? If so, is this the rare case where the sequels are much better than the original? Because I remember not being very impressed with that movie.
Yes, most definitely, the original is forgettable & rather bad. The second one is absolutely awesome in the most surprising way. The actors are all real martial artists & the director has an extensive background in martial arts & films it with an appreciation of what the action should be, unlike pretty much every single American director. The sequels are really fun, excellent DTV films that are probably better than most mainstream US-action of late.