Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

E3 Expo 2010 : June 15-17 - news, info, coverage, etc.

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

E3 Expo 2010 : June 15-17 - news, info, coverage, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-10, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: E3 Expo 2010 : June 15-17 - news, info, coverage, etc.

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
You won't get 100% accurate control. Didn't you listen?
Watch me slam my in-game car into the wall with 100% accuracy!
Old 06-11-10, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This time of year is so amazing. How did E3 ever fizzle out?
Old 06-11-10, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckd21
This time of year is so amazing. How did E3 ever fizzle out?
Too much T&A? Not that there can EVER be too much of that!
Old 06-11-10, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

That Twistdock commercial was absolutely bizarre.
Old 06-11-10, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Rumors swirling that Mass Effect 3 and Dead or Alive 5 will be on the show floor...
Old 06-11-10, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rumors swirling that Mass Effect 3 and Dead or Alive 5 will be on the show floor...
ME3. LOL. People will die. And by "people" I mean me.
Old 06-11-10, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Aliens: Colonial Marines and Valkyria Chronicles 2 should be on display as well.
Old 06-11-10, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i will be completely psyched if ME3 and colonial marines are either officially announced or shown.
Old 06-11-10, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonF
That video raises all sorts of questions: Why aren't peoples' lips moving when they talk? Is that woman the first dude's girlfriend or his mother? Why do they have two Brits and a guy from Brooklyn? What kind of accessories is the guy using with his PS3 that he needs more than two USB ports? If he's using so many different things with his PS3, why do they show him with an iPad instead of somethign PS3-related? What kinds of horrific things will happen if people touch my controller when I'm not using it?
I love how they talk about this thing making things so neat and tidy with "no wires," yet they neglect to show the cables that must be connected to the back of the system for it to be used at all. You won't be able to twist it around like that without stressing the connectors or having cables fall off. Just setting it down flat would look more neat than having wires coming out of the side.
Old 06-11-10, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" id="gtembed" width="480" height="392"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=101187"/><param name="quality" value="high" /> <embed src="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=101187" swLiveConnect="true" name="gtembed" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="true" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="392"></embed> </object>
Old 06-12-10, 02:31 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

This thing will be on display there.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mMafSNAKNhw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mMafSNAKNhw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

http://www.twistdock.info/
What kind of jackass projects a screen on a wall like that and enjoys playing with the image being washed out by ambient light?

Oh yeah, the type of jackass that would buy that dock.
Old 06-12-10, 04:25 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by pinata242
WTF is up with the iPad money shot at the end?
That's a real ad? I mean, yeah, it's cool, but did we need Mom telling us how great it is or the guy at the end who was about to cry playing with an iPad?
Old 06-13-10, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/06/...0-slim-leaked/

Old 06-13-10, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

This thing will be on display there.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mMafSNAKNhw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mMafSNAKNhw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

http://www.twistdock.info/
Oh man...I know I’m late to the party but I couldn't resist.

1. First off why is Stoner Gamer Dude playing his PS3 on a projector with horrible lighting? He also shouldn't complain about 100% accuracy with his controllers, he seemed to hit every corner in that racing game. Oh, but he gave the screen a serious look. He's a HARDCORE GAMER! Nothing but the best for him!

2. Next we meet his mom. You see, hardcore gamers don't have time to get jobs. They got to worry about online rankings, you know? So they live at home their whole life. But now with the TwistDock at least his mom won't trip on all his cords when she cleans up his mess at night.

3. Then we meet my favorite, Mr. Technology, who's lips are quivering and his eyes about to pour out tears because Sony only has 2 USB ports. Those fucks! You hate to connect and disconnect cables all the time? Is that expensive coach and your iPad and your Patrick Bateman apartment not enough for you? This is why the rest of the world hates us.

I'll take 2.

Last edited by DeanoBKN; 06-13-10 at 07:22 PM.
Old 06-13-10, 07:31 PM
Suspended

Mom's sorta hot.
Old 06-13-10, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/13/ki...-by-usa-today/

USA Today has spilled the proverbial beans on Microsoft's Natal project -- not only has the paper confirmed the Kinect product name, but they've posted a few of the games in the pipeline for the system. Here we go:

* Kinectimals features over 20 different virtual pets, including lions, tigers, and cheetahs, to play with or raise.
* Joyride has returned to life as a controller-free racing game, apparently.
* Kinect Sports will offer sport games to play: "boxing, bowling, beach volleyball, track and field, soccer and table tennis." For each one, you will make motions to play the games.
* Kinect Adventures has a river raft and obstacle course to navigate -- this is likely the demo we saw last week.
* MTV Games will release Dance Central, where you can cut a virtual rug.
* And there will be more games announced later featuring both Disney characters and Star Wars characters, in conjunction with Disney and LucasArts, respectively.

Marc Whitten even namedrops Nintendo in USA Today's piece, but he says that without a controller, Kinect will be "fundamentally different." We'll keep our eyes open for these games all this week, so stay tuned.

USA Today article:
Spoiler:
By Mike Snider, USA TODAY
LOS ANGELES — There's a growing movement in video games — motion control. And Microsoft's latest twist: Its new system for the Xbox 360, dubbed Kinect and being unveiled this week, requires no controller at all.

Nintendo started the wave with simplified, wireless, movement-sensing Wii controllers in late 2006. Since then, consumers have bought more than 28 million Wiis. (In comparison, sales of Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 are about 20 million and 12.3 million, respectively.)

MORE: Electronic Expo themes
GAME HUNTERS: Our team will be at E3 all week; follow all the news in our blog

At the Electronic Entertainment Expo game convention beginning today, both Sony and Microsoft will reveal new details about their motion control systems, due later this year.

Microsoft got a head start Sunday night by incorporating its game system and footage from new titles into a performance by Cirque Du Soleil at the University of Southern California. The performance troupe, which spent four months developing "a customized experience," took its inspiration for the event from Kinect, the official name of what had been known as Project Natal under development.

The 4-year-old Xbox 360 has long seemed targeted at hard-core gamers, with a controller that could be intimidating.

"For lots of people, that controller is a barrier," says creative director Kudo Tsunoda. "We set out to make a new control paradigm where anybody can get in and play, without having to read the instructions or learn a complicated set of controls."

Kinect's built-in camera and microphone (due later this year, no price set) uses facial and voice recognition to let you, for instance, log onto Xbox Live, start games and pause movies. And a new menu lets you choose games or services such as Netflix by simply reaching out and pointing toward the screen selection. Video chat lets Xbox 360 homes connect; the smart camera widens when another person enters the room.

Microsoft's Marc Whitten credits Nintendo with setting things in motion: "They have done some amazing things and brought new people to the category. This is fundamentally different. It's (about) my body being the controller (and) being able to communicate with just my voice to the system."

Among games in the works:

•Kinectimals lets you train and play with 20 different virtual cats, including a lion, cheetah and tiger.

•Joyride, a racing game, lets players use their hands to hold an imaginary steering wheel — pull your hands toward you and push back out for an acceleration boost — and their bodies to execute jumps and tricks.

•Kinect Sports has six activities including boxing, bowling, beach volleyball, track and field, soccer and table tennis. To serve a volleyball, you mimic the real motion; in soccer, you can kick the ball or do a header.

•Kinect Adventures includes a river-raft time trial and obstacle course, playable by up to four players. On the raft, playing as a duo, you and a partner must lean one way or another to steer. Jumping helps the raft reach special areas for extra points.

•Dance Central, in development by MTV Games, brings a So You Think You Can Dance experience home.

•Star Wars characters and iconic Disney favorites will be featured in separate new games being developed at Microsoft in conjunction with LucasArts and Disney.

"This is (Microsoft's) attempt to leapfrog the Wii and broaden the appeal of the Xbox," says Geoff Keighley of Spike's GameTrailers. "The questions are, 'Does the controller-free environment make (the Xbox 360) more accessible?' and 'Is it fun?' "
Old 06-14-10, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Ubisoft's offerings:

Gold's Gym Dance Workout, developed by Land Ho!, is the first dance game specifically designed to promote fitness and weight loss. Players can choose from a wide variety of choreographed dance routines influenced by Latin dance styles, as well as participate in sessions incorporating boxing and mini-games that target specific muscles - all to the sounds of hit music tracks such as "Just Dance," "I Will Survive," and "Jai Ho." Gold's Gym Dance Workout takes training to new levels of fun by incorporating trainer feedback and options that allow the players to choose an individual workout program or create their own fitness routine.

Dance on Broadway, developed by Longtail Studios, features a soundtrack of 20 of Broadway's classic hits, including such beloved musicals as "Cabaret" and "Fame" that instantly transform the living room into center stage. Aspiring performers can sing solo or share the spotlight with up to four players in a game that will have everyone in the household singing and dancing their calories away.

The new Who Wants To Be A Millionaire video game is created by Ludia and is based on the Disney-ABC Domestic Television hit game show, which will premiere its ninth season in syndication this fall. The Millionaire video game, on display in the Bullseye Lounge at E3, will put the brains of expo attendees to work as they compete against one another to answer increasingly difficult trivia questions. Visitors to the Bullseye Lounge will be able to experience the drama and intensity of the pop culture game show sensation first-hand, as they test their trivia knowledge and give their “final answers.”

Hollywood Squares, created by Ludia and licensed by CBS Consumer Products, brings the laughter and entertainment of the classic comedy game show to the Wii. Participants can go head-to-head in a unique rendition of the show that combines tic-tac-toe, virtual celebrities (including Brad Garrett, Kathy Griffin, Martin Mull, Jeffrey Tambor and host Tom Bergeron) and ultimate bluffing to provide hours of humor for all ages.
Old 06-14-10, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Man, I am ready for some coverage. All I ask is that any articles linked to gaming sites, also be copy and pasted. Game sites are blocked at work
Old 06-14-10, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by stingermck
Man, I am ready for some coverage. All I ask is that any articles linked to gaming sites, also be copy and pasted. Game sites are blocked at work
I'm afraid I'm going to have to uphold your workplace's policies and just post links.
Old 06-14-10, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Where is everyone watching the live streams?
Old 06-14-10, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,200 Likes on 4,227 Posts

I'm afraid I'm going to have to uphold your workplace's policies and just post links.
If his workplace isn't blocking DVDTalk, that was their first mistake.
Old 06-14-10, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Decker
If his workplace isn't blocking Xcritic, that was their first mistake.
Fixed.
Old 06-14-10, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll be watching in my office.
Old 06-14-10, 09:10 AM
Suspended

And any iPhone compatible ones? I know YouTube and IGN are streaming live, but I doubt the iPhone can do that. Any Live Blogging?
Old 06-14-10, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

According to Major Nelson, www.xbox.com/E3inHD will begin airing from 10:30am until 12:00pm PDT for the event. I thought the event started at 10:00am pacific, but I might be wrong.

There's also http://www.gametrailers.com/e3/

Last edited by pinata242; 06-14-10 at 09:16 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.