Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

SYTYCD // So You Think You Can Dance (Season 7) - The Auditions Thread (5/27 & 6/2-3)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

SYTYCD // So You Think You Can Dance (Season 7) - The Auditions Thread (5/27 & 6/2-3)

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-10, 11:45 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

The auditions are this week and next week with the beginnings of the Vegas Callbacks next Thursday.

This season is a bit different:

America’s favorite summer series, So You Think You Can Dance, returns for its seventh season with some exciting new twists, including 10 finalists competing, only one dancer eliminated per week and the return of dancers from previous seasons.

This year, the competition is the toughest it has ever been as the judges will pick only 10 dancers (five guys and five girls) – from the thousands that auditioned – to compete for the title of America’s Favorite Dancer. During the performance rounds, one finalist will go home weekly. Additionally, the competitors will be partnered each week with a different So You Think You Can Dance All-Star dancer – former SYTYCD finalists who are skilled in various styles of dance, including ballroom, hip-hop, jazz and contemporary. The All-Star Partners will be announced shortly.

Be sure to tune in to the two-hour Season Seven premiere Thursday, May 27 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
Important to note:

The All-Stars will NOT Choreograph. They will only dance in their own specific styles. Partners are of the opposite sex and change weekly.
The All-Stars were revealed over Twitter (@dizzyfeet) and are:
  1. Twitch (Season 4)
  2. Kathryn (Season 6)
  3. Pasha (Season 3)
  4. Allison (Season 2)
  5. Ade (Season 5)
  6. Comfort (Season 4)
  7. Lauren (Season 3)
  8. Mark (Season 4)
  9. Anya (Season 3)
  10. Dominic (Season 3)
  11. Courtney (Season 4)
  12. Neil (Season 3)

Okay everyone, welcome this wonderful show back to its Summer Slot! Where it belongs!!!!

<fieldset style="width: 450px; margin: 10px auto;"><legend>SYTYCD Season 7 Threads</legend>
SYTYCD (Season 7) - 10 Dancers + 10 All-Stars (Begins 5/27/10)
SYTYCD (Season 7) - The Auditions Thread (5/27 & 6/2-3)
</fieldset>
Old 05-27-10, 03:52 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Re: SYTYCD // So You Think You Can Dance (Season 7) - The Auditions Thread (5/27 & 6/

Now I can actually watch this show. I missed the entire Fall season because it was just too much following that and my usual scripted shows. Plus, from the sound of it, I don't think Nigel and the rest of the crew of SYTYCD enjoyed doing back to back seasons.
Old 05-27-10, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: SYTYCD // So You Think You Can Dance (Season 7) - The Auditions Thread (5/27 & 6/

CAN. NOT.WAIT.

Mark!!
Old 05-27-10, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So why is Mia back? Is Mary Murphy out and is that the possible reason?
Old 05-27-10, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mary will be doing choreography for the show this season.
Old 05-29-10, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Hah. None of the all-stars are from season 1.
Old 06-03-10, 08:43 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

Last night's auditions are on the DVR.

Vegas callbacks are tonight.
Old 06-03-10, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've picked a few ponies from last night who will hopefully make it: the lanky dude in the yellow-striped shirt, the quirky tap-dancing girl, and the grinning, geeky black male who transformed into a real powerhouse on-stage. There were others I liked, but those were three that really stood out.
Old 06-03-10, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

The one thing I am glad to see this season is Mary taking a break from being a judge to chereography. Plus, you don't have to hear her scream like a hyena every week.

BTW, surprised to see Mia back and what is up with her wacked hair styles?
Old 06-04-10, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

With the new system in place -- where the top 10 are partnered with SYTYCD "all-stars" -- there is no longer any need to balance the group between boys and girls. So why are they still insisting on 5 boys and 5 girls in the top 10? Why not just have the top 10 dancers irrespective of their sex?
Old 06-04-10, 10:31 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Flave
With the new system in place -- where the top 10 are partnered with SYTYCD "all-stars" -- there is no longer any need to balance the group between boys and girls. So why are they still insisting on 5 boys and 5 girls in the top 10? Why not just have the top 10 dancers irrespective of their sex?
The problem with this is that the "all-stars" are picked out in advance and there are 6 of each, so if they picked, say, 8 guys and 2 girls for the top ten there wouldn't be enough all-stars to dance with.
Old 06-04-10, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find it confusing how they decide who goes to choreography versus who goes straight to Vegas. Like the girl who was adopted, they went on and on about how great she was then sent her to choreography. Actually, it seemed like the other judges were going to send her straight to Vegas, until Nigel said choreography and then they agreed with him.

She ended up not making it, which makes me wonder why the editors even bothered showing her sob story in the first place? This is the type of editing American Idol uses that bugs me so much.