Search this Thread

Old 05-18-10, 04:40 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
"V" -- Season Finale -- "Red Sky" -- 05/18/10

V

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
The episode opens with the V soldier still on the hunt for Val, while for her part, Val's water breaks and her baby with Ryan will soon be born. Meanwhile Erica, tired of being on the defensive, decides to go on the offensive and gets herself and Tyler invited up to the Mothership for a get-to-know-everyone-better dinner. But she has more than food on her mind; she's really there to find Anna's soldiers and destroy them. And Chad, after Father Jack asks him to help get a message on the ship to Joshua, discovers the awful truth that Anna's been using him.

"Red Sky" was written by Scott Rosenbaum & Gregg Hurwitz and directed by Robert Duncan McNeill.

If you have been living under a rock, "V" got renewed for a 2nd season last week. ABC's upfronts will be announced Tuesday morning and you will see where it will be scheduled next season.
Old 05-18-10, 06:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: "V" -- Season Finale -- "Red Sky" -- 05/18/10

Well my expectations were never very high for this show and I've been somewhat impressed by some aspects. Forgetting budget, special effects, and the occasional bad acting, it's been a pretty decent show.

For this episode I expect Chad to pick a side, Lisa to join the 5th column, and Tyler to die a horrible death for his crap acting. Well maybe the last point is wishful thinking. Hope they put this show at 8 or 9, 10 is a bit late for me waking up at 5 in the morning
Old 05-18-10, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Luds
Well my expectations were never very high for this show and I've been somewhat impressed by some aspects. Forgetting budget, special effects, and the occasional bad acting, it's been a pretty decent show.

For this episode I expect Chad to pick a side, Lisa to join the 5th column, and Tyler to die a horrible death for his crap acting. Well maybe the last point is wishful thinking. Hope they put this show at 8 or 9, 10 is a bit late for me waking up at 5 in the morning
But then who is gonna cry like a bitch every episode?? Ohhh....now I see where you're going! haha

I wouldn't be surprised if they put this in Lost's timeslot and hope to create something bigger out of it.
Old 05-18-10, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I predict Anna will smile darkly while facing away from the human characters.
Old 05-18-10, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I predict Erica will be in a situation where she'll REALLY want to tell her son the truth about the V's...but that dang jacket will be within a mile of them...and she will reluctantly lie to him again.
Old 05-18-10, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls
I predict Anna will smile darkly while facing away from the human characters.

Sounds like the female alien version of Horatio Cane.
Old 05-18-10, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog

Sounds like the female alien version of Horatio Cane.
Now that would be great tv, Lizard Lady and Horatio have a contest of staring, smirking, and putting on sunglasses.
Old 05-18-10, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts

I love looking at "Anna" so I'll take any dark smiles and looks I can get.
Old 05-18-10, 10:00 PM

Wow, what an incredible finale!! So glad this got renewed for a second season!
Old 05-18-10, 10:04 PM

Damn, no mouse eating at the end.

What is the "V's plan" anyways??? Create a spectacular sunset? Too many questions left dangling. Guess we have to wait for next season.....
Old 05-18-10, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by JSwarce
Damn, no mouse eating at the end.

What is the "V's plan" anyways??? Create a spectacular sunset? Too many questions left dangling. Guess we have to wait for next season.....
What other questions were left unanswered? I'm looking forward to next season! Nice little twist with Joshua too.
Old 05-18-10, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Drav3n
What other questions were left unanswered? I'm looking forward to next season! Nice little twist with Joshua too.
1) What's "the Plan"?
2) Joshua is alive...but at what cost?
3) Red skies everywhere...what is that?
4) Anna showing human emotion?
5) How do the V ships travel so fast from their homeworld? 'Cause they are already surrounding Earth.
6) The baby looks like....?
7) What are the V's doing with/to the Humans?
8) Is Ryan an Anna disciple now and no longer 5th column?
9) Is Chad really ready to join the 5th column?
10) Will we get another Erika leg shot?

Just a few off the top of my head.

--John
Old 05-18-10, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I took the red sky as the Red Dust. It will kill any V that is exposed. I'm guessing she did it to kill any 5th column person on Earth. The people on the ships are protected. However, her doing that will probably cause the Vs to loose some human support.
Old 05-18-10, 10:55 PM

1) Only thing I can thnik of is the obvision invasion on the humans
2) Well, that was meant to be part of the cliffhanger for season 2
3) lmao no idea, but i was expecting it to be religion-related by the churches
4) that was a HUGE shock!
5) Werent they shown either last episode or a few episodes ago "on their way" to earth??
6) I was disappointed with that the most! All we have seen from the V's are the shift in the eyes, the claws, the opened jaw at the start of this episode and the baby tail... still no look at the V's!
7) performing tests and/or killing them
8) Another cliffhanger for season 2 (still couldnt believe they killed off Val)
9) Thats the impression they leave you with
10) Lets hope so! And dont forget more Vandervoort!

Damn, the show got renewed! Its not like it was cancelled! All these questions can be answered if you wait patiently until the fall! lol
Old 05-18-10, 10:56 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts

Anna losing it at the end was great
Old 05-19-10, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Yeah, that kinda gave me chills. It's like you kinda felt sorry for her. I loved seeing her lose it and activate the Red Sky as payback.

Great Ep!
Old 05-19-10, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I loved the finale, for the most part. I know that they aren't showing what the V's look like, to keep up part of the intrigue, but, give us a little more than the eyes, and tail from a hybrid baby. Also, Anna is fucking pissed, and she is getting revenge by turning the Earth red? Um...yeah...and now we have to wait until November for Season 2! Damnit!!!
Old 05-19-10, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JSwarce
7) What are the V's doing with/to the Humans?
WTF.. It's harvest and EAT them!! What else could it be? Enslave us? We are weak compared to them.. Steal our tech? They have more.. Hot lizard on human sex slave action? Well maybe..

no wait, well then again. No no no.. forgot that last one.. It's going to be "Ummm human, it is what's for dinner"..

as for this ep.. Pretty good! Where was this level of show during the first part of the season?! We even got a little bit of "It's Alive" style lizard baby. I was hoping for a claw but hey lizard tail will work.

I still wish the show would ramp up the number of people who don't trust the Vs. I don't expect full Fifth Column level rage but the show still acts like 9 out of 10 humans are just oh so happy the aliens are here.

From the same human population that has issue with immigration issue now over state borders, never mind real space aliens?? IMO the original show touched on an over all level of distrust much better.. Then again, maybe that's all been saved for season two.. All I know for sure is we better get some rat eating damn it.. Come on, that was like the signature move of the first series..
Old 05-19-10, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This episode was actually not bad, unlike most of the series. I wonder if they can keep it up.
Old 05-19-10, 02:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

All season we have seen Anna smile when things go her way. It was nice seeing Lisa smile behind her mother as she was reacting to the death of her soldiers. Is the other priest at the church a V?
Old 05-19-10, 02:18 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I thought it was a great way to end the season, leaving enough questions answered and having some linger out there.

I think with Anna deploying the Red Sky, Marcus is trying to create his own faction perhaps not viewing Anna as the most rational under the circumstance, hence his dissension on activating it and the reviving of Joshua. Still waiting on the Father to outed as a V; I thought that was going to happen with all of his protestations.
Old 05-19-10, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Axeramm
All season we have seen Anna smile when things go her way. It was nice seeing Lisa smile behind her mother as she was reacting to the death of her soldiers. Is the other priest at the church a V?
Joshua referred to her as "My Queen." I wonder if Lisa's plan includeds a coup?
Old 05-19-10, 06:26 AM

Strong episode to conclude the first season

I'm happy Lisa joined the 5th, and her smirk when Anna showed rage! I'm happy Joshua isn't dead, but what does this mean? Is Marcus a secret member of the 5th? Or did he just bring Joshua back to interrogate him? That would be my guess. Chad finally saw the Vs for what they were, it's nice that Anna still doesn't know he switched sides and that Erica is part of the resistance as well. I'm also happy they killed off V's 2nd worst actor: Valerie. She was bad in24, and worse in V. But at least her death was used to try to bring back Ryan to the Vs which is a good move in my opinion as there aren't enough "bad" V's on the show. The cast has to grow next season and putting Ryan as a villain makes sense now that Lisa's with the 5th. Not crazy about how Jack basically had 3 non 5th column people left in church after his sermon. Weak.

I still have a few questions/concerns about the show though:

1- The Vs already had ships over many large cities and technology that could annihilate humans. Why did they need more ships? I'm guessing it's because they don't want to kill humans but to preserve them as food like in the initial series. That red sky may simply be a way to hide the ships for now, it would be stupid if it were like the red dust and bad for the Vs, but maybe that's why Marcus was saying something like "Do you know what you've done?"

2- The resistance is still too weak. Implications of other members in other cities don't go very far. We need to see a larger cast. The same can be said about the Vs, we need to see more Vs as opposed to just nameless ones.

3- Tyler sucks big times, it's time to somewhat reduce his role now that Lisa is in the resistance, perhaps by continuing with his joining forces with Anna and basically having the same role as Daniel Bernstein had in the original show, a leader of the V supporters and soldier. By doing so we'd keep disliking him but as a villain (like Dana in 24). If not, then Lisa can steer away from him as her role in the resistance could take all her time.
Old 05-19-10, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think it would be funny if at the dinner, Erica & her son were served human meat.
Old 05-19-10, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Meh. It wasn't bad. Why did the sky turn red EVERYWHERE even in locations where it should have been too dark to see the red sky? I predict this show will be gone by Christmas with the ratings plummeting after the season premiere. I mean there are just too many unknowns that they're stringing us along with. I have a feeling most viewers will give up caring during the summer break.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.