DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lost -- "What They Died For" -- 18.05.10

Lost

"What They Died For"
Written by Adam Horowitz, Eddie Kitsis & Elizabeth Sarnoff
Directed by Paul A. Edwards

Spoiler:
As Locke plans a new strategy, Jack's group searches for Desmond.
Old 05-18-10, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Lost -- "What They Died For" -- 18.05.10

Well, this episode sucked. They didn't answer any of the important questions - all they did was create more questions. And the answers they did give were lame.

My expectations for the last episode are at zero. There's no way they can tie everything together in two and a half hours. I've wasted almost six years of my life on this shit. Fuck you, Damon Lindelof.

I may not even bother watching the last episode. Really, I'm that mad right now.

Spoiler:
Cut and paste as necessary, everyone!
Old 05-18-10, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fist of doom
well, this episode sucked. They didn't answer any of the important questions - all they did was create more questions. And the answers they did give were lame.

My expectations for the last episode are at zero. There's no way they can tie everything together in two and a half hours. I've wasted almost six years of my life on this shit. Fuck you, damon lindelof.

I may not even bother watching the last episode. Really, i'm that mad right now.
this.
Old 05-18-10, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In addition to wishing a pox upon the children of Cuse and Lindelof for the abomination I'm sure this episode will turn out to be (in the minds of some people on this board), can I also wish that the air date in the thread title be changed to the standard format that has been in use here for search purposes?
Old 05-18-10, 04:22 AM
ATX

lol, yeah i hate this ep and the finale...fuck LOST! (oh yeah, that's right i havent seen them yet...)

i think the reason why people been so bitter and grumpy is because deep down they are just pissed that this great show is over in like 5 days...

people need to just embrace that LOST is a few days from being over, just enjoy the next 3.5 hours and then move on

if you are one that is still bitching about ATS, just watch it a few more times, it's not that bad; just weird because your fav losties aren't in it, there were no wtf moments and anticipation was sky high, so it naturally caused a letdown in alot of people. I'm sure that it was strategically placed @ the ep 15 point because the bkgrnd is key to the final episodes.
Old 05-18-10, 05:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty
can I also wish that the air date in the thread title be changed to the standard format that has been in use here for search purposes?
concur. can a mod change that to 05.18.10? for some reason we are still unable to edit thread titles here on this board, even for reasons legit.
Old 05-18-10, 05:23 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

Loved the bitching in last weeks thread so this is gonna be entertaining.

"How dare they not give me straight answers! I spent 6 years of my life on this show. I could have seen my kids grow up instead! Stupid Darlton!!"
Old 05-18-10, 05:59 AM

Old 05-18-10, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
Well, this episode sucked. They didn't answer any of the important questions - all they did was create more questions. And the answers they did give were lame.

My expectations for the last episode are at zero. There's no way they can tie everything together in two and a half hours. I've wasted almost six years of my life on this shit. Fuck you, Damon Lindelof.

I may not even bother watching the last episode. Really, I'm that mad right now.
You should have shut it down during season 3 when it started sucking major loads!
Old 05-18-10, 07:17 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Can't wait...

...for tonight's episode of Justified.
Old 05-18-10, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by ATX
lol, yeah i hate this ep and the finale...fuck LOST! (oh yeah, that's right i havent seen them yet...)

i think the reason why people been so bitter and grumpy is because deep down they are just pissed that this great show is over in like 5 days...

people need to just embrace that LOST is a few days from being over, just enjoy the next 3.5 hours and then move on

if you are one that is still bitching about ATS, just watch it a few more times, it's not that bad; just weird because your fav losties aren't in it, there were no wtf moments and anticipation was sky high, so it naturally caused a letdown in alot of people. I'm sure that it was strategically placed @ the ep 15 point because the bkgrnd is key to the final episodes.
I agree, it really wasn't that bad. I'm still sort of confused why the episode generated such an amount of hate. Oh well, I still hold faith that when the finale is over this episode won't be seen in such a harsh light.
Old 05-18-10, 08:04 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Is this the episode title that we were holding in spoilers for the last several weeks?
Old 05-18-10, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
Is this the episode title that we were holding in spoilers for the last several weeks?

I don't think so - it's been "out there" for some time.

Well, I used to be a "can't wait"-er, now I just want it to end already.
The anticipation of being disappointed is overwhelming...

Just tell me WHO SHOT AT THE GODDAMN OUTRIGGER!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-18-10, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well I can't wait. This is going to be a good episode.
Old 05-18-10, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by 12thmonkey

Just tell me WHO SHOT AT THE GODDAMN OUTRIGGER!!!!!!!!!
You guys are still going on about that. What's the big deal with the outrigger? No one was shot or any significant plot points revealed in that scene. They never showed us who were shooting arrows at the beach either yet no one ever asks about that cause it doesn't matter in the end game.
Old 05-18-10, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mhg83
You guys are still going on about that. What's the big deal with the outrigger? No one was shot or any significant plot points revealed in that scene. They never showed us who were shooting arrows at the beach either yet no one ever asks about that cause it doesn't matter in the end game.
I think the fascination with that scene is the fact that they probably were shooting at themselves.
Old 05-18-10, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts

They never showed us who were shooting arrows at the beach either
Just tell me WHO SHOT FROGURT!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-18-10, 08:34 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

No kidding... at the time I just figured it was one of the groups of others or maybe Rousseau's people, but either way it didn't seem important to the episode, let alone the overlying story arc. But in the past week I'm being led to believe it is apparently the most important mystery in the history of the show or something.

Hell, I had honestly forgot about it until it was brought up in last week's thread.
Old 05-18-10, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew Ackerly
I think the fascination with that scene is the fact that they probably were shooting at themselves.
That would have been cool! One of them actualy shooting and killing themselves in another timeline.
Old 05-18-10, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

After the phenomenal episode of 24 last night, this episode has big shoes to fill for me. I never thought these two shows would flip in such a big way.
Old 05-18-10, 09:04 AM
Suspended

Last Tuesday/weekday Lost thread ever.
Old 05-18-10, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here is my latest theory. When MIB went into the light, the source of life death and rebirth in every person, he corrupted the light, because he was murdered. So, if smokie gets off the island, that corrupted light will infect the rest of humanity killing us all. The corrupted light is why the temple folks feared Sayid, he had been brought back to life by corrupted water/light.

Jacob brings people to the island to prove to smokie that people can resist this corrupted light, thus good prevailing over evil. Jacob isn't the "good", because he brought about the evil by killing his brother and throwing him into the light. The reset will happen by Jack going back to the early island times by making peace between the two bothers. This would prevent the evil from appearing in the first place, and giving our heroes the happy ending in the other timeline. Jack is uniquely able to do this, because he personally bridged the gap from science to faith, the central feud between the two brothers. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Mom created the lighthouse, because she knew she would need someone in the future to end the dispute between her children.
Old 05-18-10, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
After the phenomenal episode of 24 last night, this episode has big shoes to fill for me. I never thought these two shows would flip in such a big way.
Totally agree. 24 is going out, guns blazing. Lost is struggling, big time.
Old 05-18-10, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow. 24 posts before noon.

Definitely going to try and keep an open mind for this episode. Hated last week's but I want Lost to end well.

Here is my latest theory. When MIB went into the light, the source of life death and rebirth in every person, he corrupted the light, because he was murdered. So, if smokie gets off the island, that corrupted light will infect the rest of humanity killing us all. The corrupted light is why the temple folks feared Sayid, he had been brought back to life by corrupted water/light.
Yea, I can go with that.
Old 05-18-10, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Is this the episode about MIB?

Oh, wait...

What if, after last week episode, they never show Jacob and MIB again, and they never talk about them either. That would be fun. Fun to read the forums.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.