Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Daybreakers Blu Ray

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Daybreakers Blu Ray

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-10, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daybreakers Blu Ray

I know im dumb but I see no option in the special features menu for the bonus view features for the story boards and animatics. Any one who can point them out I would be greatful. I know this thread will be filled with I'm a idiot comments.
Old 05-14-10, 06:14 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: Daybreakers Blu Ray

What player do you have?
Old 05-15-10, 08:33 AM

My player does have bonus view. I don't even see the option in the special features menu.
Old 05-15-10, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

I see it right in the Special Features menu. Second item on there after the Commentary.
Old 05-15-10, 10:54 AM

Wow mine goes commentary then the making of Daybreakers documentry. Then the short movie. Then the posters. Then trailer. This is very odd.
Old 05-15-10, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Is your player up to date? Also, when I first popped in the disc, it connected to my network to check for updates so is your player connected? I doubt that would be the problem, but not sure what else it could be...
Old 05-15-10, 12:22 PM

Yeah as far as I know. I have no problems with other discs with bonus view like The Watchmen, 300, Terminator Salvation, and Minority Report. And many others. Even if it couldn't play the bonus view features shouldn't they still be seen on the special features menu. That's what i find odd.
Old 05-15-10, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ramones70
Yeah as far as I know. I have no problems with other discs with bonus view like The Watchmen, 300, Terminator Salvation, and Minority Report. And many others. Even if it couldn't play the bonus view features shouldn't they still be seen on the special features menu. That's what i find odd.
lol wow. Picture?
Old 05-15-10, 04:04 PM

I'll try when i get home will probly be cell phone pic but you'll be able to tell.
Old 05-15-10, 04:16 PM
Suspended

Still, what player do you have? Sometimes discs have problems with certain players, and us trying to diagnose it when we don't know won't really help you.
Old 05-15-10, 06:13 PM

Nothing fancy Magnavox NB500MG1F. This is the first disc i've had any problems but reguardless if it can play it should'nt the option still be on the menu. I have a good amount of blu rays and hundreds of dvds no problem with any.
Old 05-15-10, 06:18 PM
Suspended

Nothing fancy Magnavox NB500MG1F. This is the first disc i've had any problems but reguardless if it can play it should'nt the option still be on the menu. I have a good amount of blu rays and hundreds of dvds no problem with any.
Not really. Just because it plays does not mean everything will show up - especially if your player can't handle it. Have you tried inserting a USB drive into it? Could just be a weird Disney glitch.
Old 05-15-10, 06:24 PM

But menus for disc are all the same. I believe ever copy of Daybreakers should all have the same menu design and everything should be identified. Just when you go to play it I would think it just wouldn't play. But the option isn't even on the special features menu. Not sure what you me be inserting a usb drive into it.
Old 05-15-10, 06:25 PM

By the thanks for responding. Im not as tech smart as most.
Old 05-15-10, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Not really. Just because it plays does not mean everything will show up - especially if your player can't handle it. Have you tried inserting a USB drive into it? Could just be a weird Disney glitch.
Just an FYI, Daybreakers is from Lionsgate.
Old 05-15-10, 07:08 PM
Suspended

But menus for disc are all the same. I believe ever copy of Daybreakers should all have the same menu design and everything should be identified. Just when you go to play it I would think it just wouldn't play. But the option isn't even on the special features menu. Not sure what you me be inserting a usb drive into it.
No, they are not. This is not DVD. Blu-ray menus use Java which can be ever changing (depending on numerous factors) If you're Blu-ray player can't do a certain feature, that feature won't show up (so people don't complain it's not working, the player just makes it invisible - pretty smart).

Your player should have a USB port on it (either on the back or on the front). Put a USB drive in it. It's gives the player more memory to run PiP (1.1) stuff. Sometimes the 1.1 players (like Maganvox) either don't have enough memory, or it's full. Putting a 1GB in it will generally make it work.

Or maybe it has a SD slot? Not to familiar with the cheapie players.
Old 05-15-10, 07:09 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
Just an FYI, Daybreakers is from Lionsgate.
Ahh, makes sense. It's pending on my VuDu right now and only in HD Looks like a decent little rental.
Old 05-16-10, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Sorry to the OP who can't get all the content to work. On a side note, however, this disc loads much smoother than the Spirit did, even with all the widgets. Fun movie, too.
Old 05-16-10, 08:00 AM

My player has a sd slot. So if I place a blank card in the slot it will increase the memory and it should work. If it does should I just leave it in the slot all the time. Do I need to erase the card ever so often. Thanks a lot for your help. I will give this a try.
Old 05-16-10, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My player has a sd slot. So if I place a blank card in the slot it will increase the memory and it should work. If it does should I just leave it in the slot all the time. Do I need to erase the card ever so often. Thanks a lot for your help. I will give this a try.
If it works, just leave the card in at all times. My Panasonic has an option to format the SD card, so do that if it's available.
Old 05-16-10, 09:42 AM

Cool. Thanks abunch everybody. If it works cool. If not guess it's time for a new player.
Old 05-16-10, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Sorry about semi-hijacking_ the thread but I didn't want to post another "Daybreakers" thread. I just want to get some opinions of the movie itself since I didn't see it. I read the review and sounds close to a good blind buy. Wasn't sure where it fits in terms of Vampire Movies but I'm fond of the Underworld series and even the Blade ones also
Old 05-16-10, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm looking for feedback on the movie too... I almost rented it last night and was wondering if it's good or not?
Old 05-16-10, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Sorry about semi-hijacking_ the thread but I didn't want to post another "Daybreakers" thread. I just want to get some opinions of the movie itself since I didn't see it. I read the review and sounds close to a good blind buy. Wasn't sure where it fits in terms of Vampire Movies but I'm fond of the Underworld series and even the Blade ones also
Originally Posted by Abe.
I'm looking for feedback on the movie too... I almost rented it last night and was wondering if it's good or not?
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/...ht=daybreakers
Old 05-16-10, 01:15 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 914 Likes on 774 Posts

i rented it and liked it more than i expected to. it wasn't the best in the genre, but it was pretty decent, but like many have said there was potential wasted and i thought the very end could have been better. but, i would revisit it in the future, especially on Blu.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.