Search this Thread

Old 05-10-10, 04:26 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Chuck -- "Chuck Versus the Tooth" -- 05/10/10

chuck

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Chuck (Zachary Levi) struggles with disturbing dreams and now he believes his most recent dream predicts danger for a visiting head of state. General Beckman (Bonita Friedericy), however, is unconvinced and assigns Chuck to meet with a CIA psychiatrist Dr. Leo Dreyfus (guest star Christopher Lloyd). Meanwhile, Ellie (Sarah Lancaster) gets surprising news and Anna (guest star Julia Ling) returns to the Buy More to talk to Morgan (Joshua Gomez).

Episode 16 of 19

And for your bonus viewing pleasure:

chuck
Old 05-10-10, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Chuck -- "Chuck Versus the Tooth" -- 05/10/10

Not sure if this has been posted somewhere yet. According to Ausiello, Chuck has a good chance of renewal.

Tonight's guest stars mentioned in article.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/05/...ckup-season-4/

Spoiler:
Scoop: I spy a Chuck pickup!

Rather, my spies spy a Chuck pickup. And really, isn’t that better?

Multiple sources confirm that NBC is expected to do the right thing and renew the action comedy for a fourth season. Per one insider, the show has thus far figured into all of the network’s preliminary plans for its May 17 upfront presentation.

Although a 13-episode pickup is the most likely scenario, my moles suggest that there’s also chance the show could be given a full season order.

An NBC rep had no comment. Series creator Josh Schwartz, meanwhile, says not to believe the hype. Renewal? “That’s news to me,” he swears. “I would urge fans to take nothing for granted… and watch tonight’s all-new episode, guest-starring Doc Brown himself, Christopher Lloyd, and the return of Anna Wu (Julia Ling).”

Listen to the man. And NBC, listen to the fans. Chuck fans, the comments section below is all yours. Post away!

Old 05-10-10, 04:50 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/05/...ckup-season-4/

Scoop: I spy a 'Chuck' pickup!
by Michael Ausiello

Rather, my spies spy a Chuck pickup. And really, isn’t that better?

Multiple sources confirm that NBC is expected to do the right thing and renew the action comedy for a fourth season. Per one insider, the show has thus far figured into all of the network’s preliminary plans for its May 17 upfront presentation.

Although a 13-episode pickup is the most likely scenario, my moles suggest that there’s also chance the show could be given a full season order.

An NBC rep had no comment. Series creator Josh Schwartz, meanwhile, says not to believe the hype. Renewal? “That’s news to me,” he swears. “I would urge fans to take nothing for granted… and watch tonight’s all-new episode, guest-starring Doc Brown himself, Christopher Lloyd, and
Spoiler:
the return of Anna Wu (Julia Ling).”

Listen to the man. And NBC, listen to the fans. Chuck fans, the comments section below is all yours. Post away!
Old 05-10-10, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Full season? Hot damn!
Old 05-10-10, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Not going to believe the hype until anything happens. (Although I'd be tremendously overjoyed. Plus, even if only for 13 episodes, look what happened this year.)

Not sure I liked this story arc tonight. (Maybe it's because I was splitting time between Chuck and the Pens game.) But, this whole Ellie thing looks like it's going to be majorly aggravating. I think I liked Morgan (and his reactions) the best this episode. (Other than maybe in the opera.)

Still, not a horrible episode (and again, maybe on rewatching, I'll find it better) and it leads to a pretty big showdown in the final 3 weeks, I think. (Plus some very interesting possibilities.)
Old 05-10-10, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Full season? Hot damn!
I wouldn't place bets on it. NBC is picking up several pilots, including 4 to 6 dramatic hour-long series, and there's a better possibility Chuck would be a mid-season replacement if one of these shows fails.

I'm all with bringing Shaw back as long as Chuck keeps killing him!

Last edited by DGibFen; 05-10-10 at 08:43 PM.
Old 05-10-10, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wasn't really feeling tonights episode. The whole Chuck might be crazy story just seemed shoe-horned in as a plot device. I didn't care foe the Ellie/ring angle either. I do like bringing Shaw back though. I'm a pretty big Chuch fan, but I didn't care for tonight' episode. It wasn't terrible, just not up to par.
Old 05-10-10, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They broke the Yvonne-in-lingerie streak. Eh oh well . . it had to happen.

The Chuck plot was pretty meh but I did like the maturation of Morgan plot. And glad to hear that it'll get picked up for Season 4!!!
Old 05-11-10, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I actually really enjoyed the episode as a whole. I was worried there for awhile that it was going to be some kind of Manchurian Candidate thing, but the implications of what is really going on are far more intriguing.

I'm still hoping against hope that this Ellie stuff goes down without her finding out about Chuck.

Anyone else weirded out about them talking about watching Chevy Chase?
Old 05-11-10, 01:38 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

I was worried they were going to spend way to much time on Sarah not saying "I love you" back but thankfully they didn't.

Ellie's interactions with Casey are always amusing
Old 05-11-10, 05:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Loved Merlin's reaction when the big guy took out all of the loony spies with the tranq gun.
Old 05-11-10, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Shamus McAnally
Not sure I liked this story arc tonight. (Maybe it's because I was splitting time between Chuck and the Pens game.) But, this whole Ellie thing looks like it's going to be majorly aggravating.
Go Habs Go!! 7th game baby!!

Agreed on the Ellie thing. As I've said before, they should spin off Ellie and Awesome into their own (more serious) medical show and leave all this Chuck plot-line silliness behind.
Old 05-11-10, 08:06 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

I'm not enjoying the Chuck-Sarah "finally a couple" storyline as much as I thought I would.
Old 05-11-10, 08:18 AM

I kind of wish I didn't know about the "tacked-on" extra episodes after what they thought was going to be the finale. It's just made these past couple feel like weird, standalone filler episodes biding time until whatever's going to happen in the real finale finally happens.
Old 05-11-10, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I liked the episode, except for the Ellie stuff... I think the Chuck losing his mind aspect is a logical next step, but the secret spy stuff with Ellie is the one thing this show has done that I don't like. Oh well, hopefully that story will be wrapped up soon.
Old 05-11-10, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There were some goofy things going on in this episode in terms of direction. For instance, when they're taking Chuck into the mental ward, they go through a door which Casey and Sarah stay behind and peer through the window. Shouldn't the sign that says "Mental Ward - Restricted Access" be facing Casey and Sarah? The way it was shot, they looked like they were behind the door in the mental ward.
Old 05-11-10, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought Anna went off to become an agent? Did they drop that aspect, or does she not know about Morgan and thus didn't want to reveal anything to him?
Old 05-11-10, 11:30 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

I don't remember her ever being mentioned as an agent. Morgan mentioned early in the season that she left him for the Benihana Chef that he was training under.
Old 05-11-10, 11:31 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara
I thought Anna went off to become an agent? Did they drop that aspect, or does she not know about Morgan and thus didn't want to reveal anything to him?
Anna has never had anything to do with any of the spy stuff. Well, in one episode, she was dating a guy who turned out to be Triad, but Anna herself has never been anything but a 20-something retail drone.
Old 05-11-10, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara
You must be thinking of Harry Tang, who moved to Hawaii after he found out about Chuck and Casey convinced him that he'd be a super-secret undercover agent there.
Old 05-11-10, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

There was one ep when Anna whooped on some guys and Casey called in a request for a background check on Anna (I think it was the one when Morgan was battling the football guys in the media room) ... but I took it as more of a joke than a plotline.
Old 05-11-10, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/05/11...-renewal/51147

This not official, but this site is reporting that Chuck got picked up for 13 episodes + option of a back 9.

NBC announces their Fall lineup Sunday night.
Old 05-11-10, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/05/11...-renewal/51147

This not official, but this site is reporting that Chuck got picked up for 13 episodes + option of a back 9.

NBC announces their Fall lineup Sunday night.
Please be true, please be true, please be true.....
Old 05-11-10, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

No love for this episode?!

I thought it was good and back to form. They were working the A and B story lines in parallel like they used to! The interesting part is that the B plot dealt with home life instead of the Buy More. Does Sarah think Chuck is crazy? Does Devon think Ellie is crazy? Plus I can see where about 4 plot elements are going to build up until the finale. It's going to be some crazy, pull your hair out moments during that 2 hour finale! And no, I am not aware of any spoilers.

I also liked how Morgan was so entwined in Chuck's mission and welfare that he was blowing off personal meetings much like Chuck did in the beginning.

The only thing I'm really sad about is that there weren't any BTTF references. I thought I caught a glimpse of Marty and his band on the tv at the beginning, but maybe I was trying to see something that wasn't there. EDIT: Looked it up; definitely not Marty and his band.

Last edited by Superman07; 05-11-10 at 09:06 PM.
Old 05-11-10, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Not feeling this episode at all. Well the Morgan - Anna stuff was good, as was the geek references but other than that, blech. Chuck being sent to the psyche ward was beyond retarded. He flashed on the tooth and that's all he had to say. It was obvious from the get-go that he had the wrong tooth. Ellie trusting the ring agent was equally absurd. So she is naive enough to think that the CIA can't find her dad, so what makes her think the Ring will? Here, let me find him for you so he is no longer in hiding for anyone. I also didn't like Chuck not being honest with Sarah.

Oh I do think that the "intersect overload" is an interesting development, but shouldn't be at the forefront of the show.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.