Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : IE8 keeps logging me out!

tlwizard
04-30-10, 05:27 PM
At first I thought it was only a problem with dvdtalk. But at various intervals, when I refresh a page or move to a new page, I get logged out. It's not every site though. I just listed something on ebay, and evey single step of the way I had to keep logging in. To go to my account, to sell something, to upload a picture, and then to post the listing.

It's incredibly frustrating. However, it does not affect gmail or twitter or other sites.

I haven't changed any settings, still using the same firewall/av. I assume Windows Update has run recently. Has anybody had similar issues?

Thanks!

(PS Win7 x64 but this is IE8 x86 so that I can run Flash... stupid adobe)

Chrisedge
04-30-10, 05:57 PM
Me too! I upgraded a couple of weeks ago to Win 7, and ever since then I get logged out at irregular intervals of most websites.

Dr Mabuse
04-30-10, 06:23 PM
This is the reply from a Microsoft support person on a similar issue.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii18/drmabuse06/Forum%20comments/link.gif (http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-IE/InternetExplorer/thread/f23b5582-023b-4300-bcad-d22b579731bc)

tlwizard
04-30-10, 07:20 PM
thanks for the link but the MS person's links don't actually address the issue. It deals with IE crashing and restarting (which isn't what that person asked about.)

Just now again, I clicked on Tech Talk. I was signed in. I clicked on this thread and when I went to quick post I was logged out again.

I don't think it's a Win7 thing because I've been on Win7 for a long time and this just started happening a week or two ago. I just had to run about 30 completed listing searches on ebay, and every two searches I had to re-login. It's like IE8 is daring me to completely switch over to Firefox.

So far I've only noticed it here and ebay. There must be some similarity between their cookies, maybe?

wmansir
04-30-10, 08:34 PM
I had a similar problem under firefox and it was a corrupt cookies file. FF stores cookies in a single database file, but I don't think if IE does.