Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

AMAZON.CA CANADA SITE DEALS (sells to all countrys)

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-10, 11:35 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

www.amazon.ca the site
www.xe.com money exchange site

Austin Powers: Shagadelic Edition 24.99
Firefly: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] 39.99
Planet Earth: The Complete Series 37.99
WWE 2010 - Wrestlemania XXVI - Glendale, AZ - March 28, 2010 [Blu-ray]
WWE 2010 - The Best Pay Per View Matches of 2009-2010 [Blu-ray]

all these movies where 5$ couple weeks back
list of some movies not sold in the usa

From Dusk Till Dawn CDN$ 13.99

Blade 9.49
Blade 2 9.49
Blade 3 9.49
Seven 9.49
The Illusionist 9.49
sin city 13$ opps this one is in the usa my bad

Last edited by ilovedeals; 04-28-10 at 12:12 PM.
Old 04-28-10, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: AMAZON.CA CANADA SITE DEALS (sells to all countrys)

Originally Posted by ilovedeals

From Dusk Till Dawn CDN$ 13.99

Blade 9.49
Blade 2 9.49
Blade 3 9.49
Seven 9.49
The Illusionist 9.49
sin city 13$
Sin City is available in the US on Blu-ray.
Old 04-28-10, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 616 Likes on 454 Posts

all these movies where 5$ couple weeks back
Blade 9.49
Blade 2 9.49
Blade 3 9.49
Seven 9.49
These are routinely under $10 up here now. When Future Shop, Best Buy (Canada), HMV or various other retailers advertise rock bottom prices like $4.99, it's usually on these titles (and a couple of others). Keep in mind that these have virtually no extra features, and I've only read mixed things about AV quality. The AUSTIN POWERS set is also knocked down to around $25 on a regular basis at vartious retailers.
Old 04-28-10, 02:59 PM

I've ordered before, shipping to the US is pretty high at times-

b
Old 04-28-10, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That's hilarous. You order something from Canada, right above us and it has huge shipping charges. You order from amazon.uk and it's like 3 bucks. I know it probably has to do with local regulations, but does anyone else see a problem with that? lol
Old 04-28-10, 03:51 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Canadians hate us?
Old 04-28-10, 04:37 PM

i ordered 8 blu-rays from .ca and it was like 22 dollars american for slow ship. Rediculous. B
Old 04-28-10, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdragon
That's hilarous. You order something from Canada, right above us and it has huge shipping charges. You order from amazon.uk and it's like 3 bucks. I know it probably has to do with local regulations, but does anyone else see a problem with that? lol
I was just about to mention that.

I've ordered from Amazon.CA once (for Sin City and FDTD) and never after that. Solid deals, but the shipping hurts it so bad if you live in the States.

Thanks to OP for posting though!
Old 04-28-10, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

We get the same BS with amazon.com. It's ridiculous.

And yeah, amazon.co.uk is much cheaper shipping for us as well. And, I usually find it's faster than amazon.com, too. Although my last amazon.com order was very quick.
Old 04-29-10, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by andicus
We get the same BS with amazon.com. It's ridiculous.

And yeah, amazon.co.uk is much cheaper shipping for us as well. And, I usually find it's faster than amazon.com, too. Although my last amazon.com order was very quick.
Yeah, that's why I said it's probably some kind of shipping regulations from country to country. Could the extra shipping be the duty fee for shipping over the border since they obviously aren't going to send it as a gift.
Old 04-29-10, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

Yeah, that's why I said it's probably some kind of shipping regulations from country to country. Could the extra shipping be the duty fee for shipping over the border since they obviously aren't going to send it as a gift.
I don't think so. They now have an "Import fees deposit" when we order from amazon.com, which I believe covers any border charges.

I always figure they are subsidizing the free shipping for those orders shipped to the same country as the site by inflating the shipping charges for international orders.
Old 04-29-10, 10:30 AM
Banned

shipping from amazon .ca is more to ship to canada them amazon uk is to ship to canada shipping in canada all together is nuts it cost 6$ to ship a dvd 4 blocks away lol
Old 04-29-10, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 616 Likes on 454 Posts

shipping in canada all together is nuts it cost 6$ to ship a dvd 4 blocks away lol
This is partially true. Yes, shipping anything within Canada and abroad can be insane (yay Canada Post!), but you can actually ship a standard-width DVD in a bubble mailer within Canada for $2.10 most of the time, often less depending on the weight. Canada Post workers used to ask about the contents, and if you said DVD or CD or other media, they had a special "media rate" for that, usually around the $6 you mention. I simply stopped telling them, and adding a layer of cardboard or bubble wrap inside the case to muffle the shakey-shakey noises. I'm sure they still knew, and if they asked, I'd say it was papers or some such. In the past couple of years, though, I've never even been asked at all, so I suspect they've loosened their restrictions, at least here in Toronto.

Where this comes in handy is after my frequent shopping trips to the U.S. (my old home town is on the border with Michigan, and I visit home every three or four weeks), where I can raid the Big Lots $3 sales to my heart's content, watch the DVDs—and expand my cinema knowledge for peanuts—and, if I'm not compelled to keep them, I can flip them on the Amazon.ca Marketplace, often for considerably more than I paid (even factoring in the $2.10 shipping).

Weirdly, in a further insult to Canadian users, Amazon.ca has an unfair policy where American marketplace sellers are allowed to sell on the Canadian Marketplace (without increased shipping being charged to Canadian buyers), but Canadian sellers can't sell on the American Marketplace site. That really jacks my jaw, but there isn't much I can do except match their prices, which isn't too hard when all my sell-offs come from American liquidation bins and online sales anyways.

I also maintain a U.S. post office box in Michigan, which saves me a bundle on shipping across the border. Best investment I've ever had as a movie nut, and highly recommended even for those Canadians within a reasonable drive to the border (which is most of us) who might only use such a thing every couple of months.

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
Canadians hate us?
Yes. Because we're communists. And now we're slowly infecting you.
Old 04-30-10, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,259 Likes on 837 Posts

Amazon does not have a warehouse in Canada. They have a "fulfillment center" in Mississsauga (Ontario), which is actually a Canada Post facility. I wonder, when Americans buy from amazon.ca, if stock goes from a US warehouse, to the Canadian fulfillment center, and back to the US.

Note that the federal government has recently allowed Amazon to build a warehouse in Canada. From what I understand, it will be limited to books at this time.

http://www.canadianbusiness.com/mark...ent=b125074229