"V" -- "Heretic's Fork" -- 04/27/10

Old 04-27-10, 05:02 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
"V" -- "Heretic's Fork" -- 04/27/10

V

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Chad deals with his aneurysm on the mother ship; Ryan confesses to Val that he is a Visitor; Erica, Father Jack and Hobbes try to protect the Fifth Column.

"Heretic's Fork" was written by John Wirth & Angela Russo Otstot and directed by Fred Toye.

John Wirth is a former writer from Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Very weird scheduling tonight with Lost being a repeat and this a new episode.

3 episodes left this season after this one.
Old 04-27-10, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: "V" -- "Heretic's Fork" -- 04/27/10

Originally Posted by DJariya
Very weird scheduling tonight with Lost being a repeat and this a new episode.
Crap. I forgot LOST was a repeat. With any luck it will be an "enhanced" episode with the pop-ups at the bottom since it is the Richard origin episode.

Originally Posted by DJariya
3 episodes left this season after this one.
Stick the Heretic's Fork in this show. It is almost DONE.
Old 04-27-10, 10:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I swear the writers must want us to hate that Tyler kid. He naive or whiny in every single scene. And Hobbes is the coolest character on the show.
Old 04-27-10, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I know I'm in the minority here, but I actually really like this show. Maybe it's because I never saw the original?

One thing I think we can all agree on though...Tyler is just godawful. The character is terrible and the actor playing him is just as bad. His meltdown tonight was the absolute worst. I know it's not going to happen, but it would be pretty great if Tyler was the one on the transport in the preview for next week.

Aside from Tyler though, everyone else is great. I love the team of Erica, Father Jack, Hobbes, and Ryan. They all play well off one another; different strengths and different weaknesses. I miss Georgie in the equation, but it's still a great team.

And I agree, Hobbes is definitely the best character.
Old 04-27-10, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just found out that 3 actors from this show will be at Dragon*Con this year: Joel Gretsch (Father Jack), Morena Baccarin (Anna) and Laura Vandervoort (Lisa). Nice! But, will the show actually be back next season...
Old 04-28-10, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really enjoy this show. I don't understand why some people don't? I really hope they continue this series!
Old 04-28-10, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Count me in as a fan as well. This episode seemed to fly by very quickly.
Old 04-28-10, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was one of the better episodes. I have to wonder what kind of budget they are working with. The mothership shots looked as horrible as ever and the V Soldier was pretty unimpressive as well. I got the feeling their FX budget ran out when it came to showing his "V vision".

I'm still frustrated by how constricted the atmosphere is on this show. Maybe that's a budget issue too. Perhaps they can only afford half a dozen non-regular speaking roles an episode and it seems like they just move from set to set without exposing the greater world around the characters.
Old 04-28-10, 02:18 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I loved how when Ryan told Val he was a Visitor, she said "but I've known you for 10 years". Sorry dude, but if you been here for more than 10 years, you're not visiting.
Old 04-28-10, 04:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by bmoney1023
I swear the writers must want us to hate that Tyler kid. He naive or whiny in every single scene. And Hobbes is the coolest character on the show.
I'm with you on Tyler. I absolutely despise the little punk. I couldn't believe how obnoxious he was mouthing off to his mother. I've gotta say ... I'll love it if Anna does something horrible to him on the V ship. Or put him up against Hobbes and see where his attitude gets him then.

I hope we at least find out what the V's plan really is by the end of the season (since it's return is uncertain).
Old 04-28-10, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I normally like the show but there was just some terrible crap in this episode; Elizabeth Mitchell talking about the fifth column inside the FBI building and right in front of the lady getting off the elevator? There wasn't even a doubletake to show that she might have let the cat out the bag. Or how about the fact that the V solider is on the ground, with an axe in his chest, and yet they want to escape as opposed to chopping/shooting him up? You know, he might report back what the resistance looks like or that one is named Hobbes since it was shouted ever so loudly.

Usually I don't nitpick about things that could be obviously explained, but these things go against the whole framework of the underground resistance vs. the Visitors that the show has created for itself. I want the show to be back because there are some great things I can still appreciate about itbut the constant flux of writers and plots is going to hurt any chance it has of being popular.
Old 04-28-10, 07:22 AM

I didn't enjoy this episode as much as some of you folks it seems but it certainly wasn't all that bad. The kid though, is one of the worst characters I've seen in years. I don't see how he could appeal to anyone, other than 15 year old girls, who probably don't watch this show anyways.

Originally Posted by wmansir
This was one of the better episodes. I have to wonder what kind of budget they are working with. The mothership shots looked as horrible as ever and the V Soldier was pretty unimpressive as well. I got the feeling their FX budget ran out when it came to showing his "V vision".

I'm still frustrated by how constricted the atmosphere is on this show. Maybe that's a budget issue too. Perhaps they can only afford half a dozen non-regular speaking roles an episode and it seems like they just move from set to set without exposing the greater world around the characters.
Certainly. We see about 5 visitors on the ship, Anna, her daughter, the 5th column doctor, and Anna's second it seems. Compare that to the cast of the original. Throwing bits like the blue energy is nice but I'd like to see a lot more.

Last edited by Luds; 04-28-10 at 07:26 AM.
Old 04-28-10, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by gmanca
Or how about the fact that the V solider is on the ground, with an axe in his chest, and yet they want to escape as opposed to chopping/shooting him up? You know, he might report back what the resistance looks like or that one is named Hobbes since it was shouted ever so loudly.
Yeah, this part was really bad. You would think the resistance would want to capture a V and peel his skin off on live TV to show the world what the V's really are.

Or at the very least, make sure the guy who is supposed to be such a bad ass fighter is really dead.
Old 04-28-10, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Doctor X
Or at the very least, make sure the guy who is supposed to be such a bad ass fighter is really dead.
Except we really know very little about the V bred to be "soldiers". They don't appear to have any real speech capability as far as we've seen! Ryan said he was a "worker" and is pretty strong. For all we know, the soldiers might be nearly invincible considering how Anna chose the father.

Who knows... it is just crap. I feel like we're being strung along and will be left hanging when the show doesn't get renewed.
Old 04-28-10, 12:22 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 254 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by LickTheABCs
I loved how when Ryan told Val he was a Visitor, she said "but I've known you for 10 years". Sorry dude, but if you been here for more than 10 years, you're not visiting.
I know they haven't revealed what their race is called, but it cracked me up when Marcus and Anna were talking about the child and he referred to the baby as half human, half V.
Old 04-28-10, 01:04 PM

Failing to shoot that soldier until he was dead was foolish. Standing there while the warrior was taking the axe out of his chest seems out of character for Hobbes. Of all of them, he should have been the one to keep shooting rather than freeze.
Old 04-28-10, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by aynrandgirl
Failing to shoot that soldier until he was dead was foolish. Standing there while the warrior was taking the axe out of his chest seems out of character for Hobbes. Of all of them, he should have been the one to keep shooting rather than freeze.
I think he was in shock.
Old 04-28-10, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was struggling through each episode at the beginning, but these last couple have been quite interesting.

So is Scott Wolf's character really digging into the 5th column for Anna? I couldn't really tell which side of the fence he was on.
Old 04-28-10, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne
I really enjoy this show. I don't understand why some people don't? I really hope they continue this series!

Same here. I think it's particularly hard for the fans of the original to stomach. I didn't care for the original so I'm diggin' this version. It's certainly not perfect, and it can use some tweaks here and there, but I am still on board and I hope it comes back.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 04-28-10 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-28-10, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts

Anna's daughter just needs to gobble Tyler up for lunch and tell his mom he was killed on an accident on the ship.
Old 04-28-10, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

This was one of the better episodes but that's not saying much.
Old 04-28-10, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
So is Scott Wolf's character really digging into the 5th column for Anna?
I'd say so. He's a willing tool for the Visitors. I'd bet they created his aneurysm in the first place, to cement his loyalty. That he doesn't suspect that possibility is odd.

Anna's actions regarding the baby suggest she isn't clandestinely responsible for it, as I earlier suspected.
Old 04-28-10, 07:06 PM

Does anyone know how this show is doing in the ratings? I'm enjoying it so far. But I suspect there won't be a second season.
Old 04-28-10, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Originally Posted by RD1973
Does anyone know how this show is doing in the ratings? I'm enjoying it so far. But I suspect there won't be a second season.
There is a ratings sticky at the top of this forum that has daily ratings.

But to answer your question, around 5M viewers and under 2.0 in the 18-49 demos. 2nd season is looking dicey.
Old 04-28-10, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Overall a decent episode, despite the (many) flaws mentioned here. It's not a bad show; not a good show--somewhere in between for me. I hope it gets renewed if nothing else just to give them some more to work with. We'll see.

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
So is Scott Wolf's character really digging into the 5th column for Anna? I couldn't really tell which side of the fence he was on.
I think they're not letting us in on it yet. His going back to Anna was a bit obvious at the end of this episode. They haven't revealed his end game--I think that's still to come and right now they're just playing with us.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.