Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

SOPRANOS - "Little Jimmy Brown" song used in two episodes...but should have been 3!

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

SOPRANOS - "Little Jimmy Brown" song used in two episodes...but should have been 3!

Old 04-15-10, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Three Bells, or otherwise known as Little Jimmy Brown, was a song popularized by The Browns in 1959. The song has three verses:

1st Verse: Little Jimmy Brown is born
2nd Verse: Little Jimmy Brown gets married
3rd Verse: Little Jimmy Brown dies

In the sixth season of The Sopranos, they used the first verse in the episode The Fleshy Part of the Thigh, when Jason Barone is rowboating, and Paulie and Patsi pay him a visit.

They used the second verse in the episode "Mr. & Mrs. John Sacrimoni Request...", when Vito checks into the motel and calls Silvio.

But they never used the third verse. Could have been appropriate when Vito returned to his motel room when he came back to Jersey, and was ambushed by Phil's people.
Old 04-15-10, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: SOPRANOS - "Little Jimmy Brown" song used in two episodes...but should have been

hey, that's awesome!
Old 04-15-10, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 432 Posts
Re: SOPRANOS - "Little Jimmy Brown" song used in two episodes...but should have been

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk/...e-threads.html
Old 04-16-10, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

[x]
Old 04-16-10, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

I noticed this about a year ago when I watched the episodes again on DVD...I actually wondered if the original airing actually contained a different song and they had to replace it on DVD for rights issues, and just used a song they already had the rights to from another show. I mean, they did edit out Fairuza Balk from that one epsiode when she was replaced the following season by a new actress.