Search this Thread

Old 04-15-10, 05:50 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
FlashForward -- "Let No Man Put Asunder" -- 04/15/10

Flash Forward

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Demetri decides to rush his wedding plans with Zoey after the captured FBI mole confirms his death date; Wedeck helps Aaron infiltrate Jericho in order to rescue Tracy; Olivia's friendship with Lloyd grows stronger.
Old 04-16-10, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: FlashForward -- "Let No Man Put Asunder" -- 04/15/10

This was a good episode; I liked that they touched back on the President/Vice President "event" story as well as the AA dad looking for his daughter ala Commando. Even the ending was ok in how ambiguous they were leaving Demitri's fate, however the previews look like the show will take a complete dive next week:
Spoiler:
Frost has Demitiri restrained to a chair with the gun placed in front of him on a remote trigger; I think they'll be doing a Saw/Schrodinger's Cat type of deal which is uber-lame.
Old 04-16-10, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 350 Likes on 269 Posts

In my continuing quest to not know the characters' names, I totally spaced on D Gibbons' name when they were at the church.

Eventually, I just stuck with what I knew and kept calling him Ira Gaines.

I enjoyed this episode though, but I still don't see the chemistry between Roldy and Gabrielle Union.
Old 04-16-10, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't like this episode at all, but I'm not got to thread crap...well too much.

I just was wondering is it me, or does lady Doc and the Brit have no chemistry together?
Old 04-16-10, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by wmansir
I didn't like this episode at all, but I'm not got to thread crap...well too much.

I just was wondering is it me, or does lady Doc and the Brit have no chemistry together?
It's hard to buy Penny with anyone other than Desmond. They have such a great chemistry together, and the love story was told so well that anything else she does is going to pale in comparison.

That and her daughter's name on this show is Charlie! I mean talk about a callback.
Old 04-16-10, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I actually liked this episode, but acting seemed weak. If all the acting is bad and you know these are good actors, the only thing left is to blame the director/writing. I don't like characters on the show but The Pregnant Lesbian Double Agent Mole. She has to be a double agent pretending to be a mole, because the writers have invested too much time in making us like her.

Originally Posted by TheKing
It's hard to buy Penny with anyone other than Desmond. They have such a great chemistry together, and the love story was told so well that anything else she does is going to pale in comparison
Agreed.
Old 04-16-10, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I hope they kill off Demetri. Not that I dont like him, but killing him off would add a little unpredictability to the show. Because right now I dont think this show has the guts to go through with it like 24 would. Im pretty much expecting a cookie cutter happy ending for everyone as a season/series(?) finale.

Also:

"You said the suspect was cleanshaven but my client clearly has a goatee right now during his trial. Case closed!"

Old 04-16-10, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TheKing
It's hard to buy Penny with anyone other than Desmond. They have such a great chemistry together, and the love story was told so well that anything else she does is going to pale in comparison.

That and her daughter's name on this show is Charlie! I mean talk about a callback.
This.

And yeah, next week looks really bad.
Old 04-18-10, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm quietly hoping this show gets canceled. It's getting to be a chore.

And what's with the ABC Studios sound department? Have they stopped recording the show's dialogue on set? Each episode features the most glaringly obvious looped in dialogue I've ever heard.