Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

koreandvds.com is back?

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

koreandvds.com is back?

Old 04-14-10, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
koreandvds.com is back?

I remember them going away and now I see a site up again. I tried to do a search but didn't really find anything. Anywho, anyone using them? Any good?

I've been out of the korean dvd ordering game for over a year now, I have amassed quite a backorder, any sites anyone recommends?
Old 04-14-10, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Prior to reading your post, I hadn't been aware of koreandvds.com. The prices look pretty good...equivalent to yesasia or a bit better...and the equivalent free shipping over $39.

Other buying options for Korean DVDs:
yesasia.com
dvdasian.com
k2dvd.com
seoulselection.com
dvdheaven.com
sensasian.com

cd-wow had been carrying select Korean DVDs but they seem to have stopped recently...along with doing a poor job lately when it comes to Hong Kong DVDs too.

Another option you might consider...ebay.com via Korea-based sellers.

This option - koreandvds.com - you mention does appear to stack up quite well versus the above mentioned options...at least on the surface (aka price and shipping).

Last edited by flixtime; 04-16-10 at 08:58 AM. Reason: I got a little confused...I blame it on the Red Sox.
Old 04-15-10, 12:20 PM

Re: koreandvds.com is back?

Thanks flix. I will probably checkout yesasia or k2dvd; I remember them for before. Not sure I want to guinea pig the new koreandvds just yet
Old 04-16-10, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

k2dvd is my go to korean e-tailer of choice at the moment, very helpful too.
Old 04-16-10, 07:33 AM

is someone thinking this is "dvdfromkorea.com" reincarnated?
slight difference in URL...
Old 04-16-10, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, I can definitely recommend Buyoyo.com. Outstanding in my view. Besides, they are the cheapest Asien e-tailer around.
Old 04-16-10, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
logboy, you are correct...my mistake as I erred in thinking koreandvds.com mentioned by the original poster was dvdfromkorea.com. It was dvdfromkorea.com that got shady towards the end (if I recall correctly). My apologies squidget for any misinformation I might have put forth.

Being in the U.S., I'm pretty content with either yesasia or dvdasian. That said, koreandvds.com does seem very competitive with free shipping to the U.S. over $39, and pricing closely equivalent to yesasia and dvdasian.
Old 04-16-10, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Dane
Well, I can definitely recommend Buyoyo.com. Outstanding in my view. Besides, they are the cheapest Asien e-tailer around.
buyoyo is HK, not korea.

'tis the problem with "asian". it's a continent, yes, but it also has countries in it. and they're quite different from one another.

Old 04-17-10, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by logboy
'tis the problem with "asian". it's a continent, yes, but it also has countries in it. and they're quite different from one another.
You´re absolutely right.
Old 04-17-10, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by Dane
You´re absolutely right.
relieved you didn't shoot me down on that one. i use dddhouse for HK, by the way : they tend to deactivate the ability to buy an item (without removing the listing) where as buyoyo has a reputation for maintaining listings then just letting you find out later on that something's not available right now.
Old 04-19-10, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by flixtime
logboy, you are correct...my mistake as I erred in thinking koreandvds.com mentioned by the original poster was dvdfromkorea.com. It was dvdfromkorea.com that got shady towards the end (if I recall correctly). My apologies squidget for any misinformation I might have put forth.

Being in the U.S., I'm pretty content with either yesasia or dvdasian. That said, koreandvds.com does seem very competitive with free shipping to the U.S. over $39, and pricing closely equivalent to yesasia and dvdasian.
Hrm, dvdsfromkorea was what I was thinking of too I guess. then maybe I will try out koreandvds after all. I can test for all of dvdtalk. I will let folks know how it goes.