Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : koreandvds.com is back?

squidget
04-14-10, 04:22 PM
I remember them going away and now I see a site up again. I tried to do a search but didn't really find anything. Anywho, anyone using them? Any good?

I've been out of the korean dvd ordering game for over a year now, I have amassed quite a backorder, any sites anyone recommends?

flixtime
04-14-10, 05:22 PM
Prior to reading your post, I hadn't been aware of koreandvds.com. The prices look pretty good...equivalent to yesasia or a bit better...and the equivalent free shipping over $39.

Other buying options for Korean DVDs:
yesasia.com
dvdasian.com
k2dvd.com
seoulselection.com
dvdheaven.com
sensasian.com

cd-wow had been carrying select Korean DVDs but they seem to have stopped recently...along with doing a poor job lately when it comes to Hong Kong DVDs too.

Another option you might consider...ebay.com via Korea-based sellers.

This option - koreandvds.com - you mention does appear to stack up quite well versus the above mentioned options...at least on the surface (aka price and shipping).

squidget
04-15-10, 01:20 PM
Thanks flix. I will probably checkout yesasia or k2dvd; I remember them for before. Not sure I want to guinea pig the new koreandvds just yet

nitin77
04-16-10, 04:26 AM
k2dvd is my go to korean e-tailer of choice at the moment, very helpful too.

logboy
04-16-10, 08:33 AM
is someone thinking this is "dvdfromkorea.com" reincarnated?
slight difference in URL...

Dane
04-16-10, 09:53 AM
Well, I can definitely recommend Buyoyo.com. Outstanding in my view. Besides, they are the cheapest Asien e-tailer around.

flixtime
04-16-10, 09:55 AM
logboy, you are correct...my mistake as I erred in thinking koreandvds.com mentioned by the original poster was dvdfromkorea.com. It was dvdfromkorea.com that got shady towards the end (if I recall correctly). My apologies squidget for any misinformation I might have put forth.

Being in the U.S., I'm pretty content with either yesasia or dvdasian. That said, koreandvds.com does seem very competitive with free shipping to the U.S. over $39, and pricing closely equivalent to yesasia and dvdasian.

logboy
04-16-10, 01:55 PM
Well, I can definitely recommend Buyoyo.com. Outstanding in my view. Besides, they are the cheapest Asien e-tailer around.

buyoyo is HK, not korea.

'tis the problem with "asian". it's a continent, yes, but it also has countries in it. and they're quite different from one another.

:)

Dane
04-17-10, 03:51 AM
'tis the problem with "asian". it's a continent, yes, but it also has countries in it. and they're quite different from one another. :)
You´re absolutely right.

logboy
04-17-10, 04:31 AM
You´re absolutely right.

relieved you didn't shoot me down on that one. i use dddhouse for HK, by the way : they tend to deactivate the ability to buy an item (without removing the listing) where as buyoyo has a reputation for maintaining listings then just letting you find out later on that something's not available right now.

squidget
04-19-10, 01:54 PM
logboy, you are correct...my mistake as I erred in thinking koreandvds.com mentioned by the original poster was dvdfromkorea.com. It was dvdfromkorea.com that got shady towards the end (if I recall correctly). My apologies squidget for any misinformation I might have put forth.

Being in the U.S., I'm pretty content with either yesasia or dvdasian. That said, koreandvds.com does seem very competitive with free shipping to the U.S. over $39, and pricing closely equivalent to yesasia and dvdasian.

Hrm, dvdsfromkorea was what I was thinking of too I guess. then maybe I will try out koreandvds after all. I can test for all of dvdtalk. I will let folks know how it goes.