Search this Thread

Old 04-11-10, 02:27 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Brothers & Sisters -- "Time After Time" -- 2 Hour episode -- 04/11/10

Brothers & Sisters

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Mindful of an impending showdown with the notorious Dennis York (Peter Gerety), the Walkers flash back to Ojai Foods in 1986 to sort through their memories to determine the exact potency of his unknown trump card. Meanwhile, Nora and Holly hunt for clues about Ojai's secret value on an eventful, present-day road trip; and Justin and Rebecca's lives finally take a turn for the better.

Of all the serial dramas that get talked about in this forum, this is probably one of the least popular. I figured this particular episode is worthy of bringing up here since it's a flashback episode and it's 2 hours long.

If your a fan of Melrose Place on The CW, a former cast member is on this 2 hour episode.

Spoiler:

Colin Egglesfield who played Auggie will be playing a young William Walker

Old 04-11-10, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Brothers & Sisters -- "Time After Time" -- 2 Hour episode -- 04/11/10

I don't know why more people on this board don't talk about this show! It really is a great show! I'm tuned in, and so excited for this episode. Great cast, great show, and I hope more people on this board will tune in.
Old 04-11-10, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This will probably be the last season I watch of this show, it's a shadow of its former self, and the cast will be shook up with some departures for next season, and losing brothers and sisters seems contrary to the spirit of the show, unless they bring in more of William's offspring from out of the blue.
Old 04-11-10, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
This will probably be the last season I watch of this show, it's a shadow of its former self, and the cast will be shook up with some departures for next season, and losing brothers and sisters seems contrary to the spirit of the show, unless they bring in more of William's offspring from out of the blue.
I disagree that it's a shadow of its former self. I don't see why you say that, but, to each their own.
Old 04-11-10, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Awesome episode! Loved it!
Old 04-12-10, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Patman
Agreed. That we'll now be down two of the 5 brothers and sisters starting next season is just getting more than a little silly. The family dinner sequences are getting to be a trite requirement for every episode. The "mystery" around Narrow Lake (a.k.a, anagram for Nora Walker) is just silly too. YAWN! I can't believe how long it took me to get through last night's 2 hours.
Old 04-12-10, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Other than one big name, I didn't hear all the casting news. Who's leaving?
Old 04-12-10, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Chew
Other than one big name, I didn't hear all the casting news. Who's leaving?
Spoiler:
Rob Lowe is leaving (I think they are going to kill the character off) on the heels of the news that Calista Flockhart's Kitty will have a severely diminished role next season (a la Balthazar Getty).
Old 04-12-10, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Spoiler:
Rob Lowe is leaving (I think they are going to kill the character off) on the heels of the news that Calista Flockhart's Kitty will have a severely diminished role next season (a la Balthazar Getty).
I guess that answers whether
Spoiler:
Kitty wins the election or not
Old 04-12-10, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

The "mystery" around Narrow Lake (a.k.a, anagram for Nora Walker) is just silly too.
That was the biggest laugh of the night. Is that supposed to mean something?

Like the rest of you, I may be out after this season. I find myself caring less and less for these characters.
Old 04-12-10, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The funny thing is that even though Robert is a senator he is never in Washington DC.
Old 04-12-10, 01:26 PM

The site just dumped everything I wrote and I'm not writing all that crap again. The secret was lame and no big deal, the saving grace was Nora and Holly developing a friendship, and the show should win an award for consecutive use of the word protect. I heard it at least 50 times last night. My initial post was 3 paragraphs long. Oh, well.
Old 04-12-10, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Spoiler:
I read that they were thinking of bringing back Balthazar Getty full time next season, to make up for the character you mentioned coming on part-time.
Old 04-12-10, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by xfusejc
I read that they were thinking of bringing back Balthazar Getty full time next season, to make up for the character you mentioned coming on part-time.
For the first time in a while, Tommy didn't get on my nerves. If they bring him back full-time next season, I hope they start over from scratch with his storyline scrapping the wife and daughter and never mentioning them again. I think that's why I liked him better this episode. The kid who played him as a teen didn't look like him, but he had that voice down completely.

I liked teen Sarah the best. She was totally believeable, but I found it funny that the house was decorated the exact same way that it is today.
Old 04-12-10, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I still think the show is pretty decent and entertaining. Much better than Desperate Housewives before it, which I have stopped watching.
Old 04-13-10, 03:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mraw
For the first time in a while, Tommy didn't get on my nerves. If they bring him back full-time next season, I hope they start over from scratch with his storyline scrapping the wife and daughter and never mentioning them again. I think that's why I liked him better this episode. The kid who played him as a teen didn't look like him, but he had that voice down completely.

I liked teen Sarah the best. She was totally believeable, but I found it funny that the house was decorated the exact same way that it is today.
The kid actually looked like a young Rob Lowe, which had me confused at first since I thought they might be doing a flashback for him.
Old 04-13-10, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mraw
Originally Posted by xfusejc
For the first time in a while, Tommy didn't get on my nerves. If they bring him back full-time next season, I hope they start over from scratch with his storyline scrapping the wife and daughter and never mentioning them again. I think that's why I liked him better this episode.
Well and I was going to say that more Tommy isn't exactly an improvement. Still I agree that scrapping his baggage and moving on would be a good place to start (much like they did with Sarah's divorce).
Old 04-13-10, 12:33 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm a big fan of B&S, and I really like the family dinner scenes, even if they've become repetitive. But this two-hour episode seemed like something from an entirely different series -- one I didn't really like. Much of the humor was missing, and it seemed to drag on and on (perhaps stretching one hour of material into two??). But mostly, it didn't make much sense logically. After things are revealed, one has to wonder why Nora had to fly to Seattle to retrieve Tommy in the first place. It only served to deal up a red herring. And this was a secret worth being blackmailed over??? Not as it turned out. So why did Nora fall for it in the first place? Again, the lack of logic in this show marred my enjoyment of it. I think that with this show, B&S jumped the shark.